╌>

Several boats sink in pro-Trump boat parade in Texas that drew hundreds of supporters

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  49 comments

By:   Hojun Choi and Joel Shannon USA TODAY

Several boats sink in pro-Trump boat parade in Texas that drew hundreds of supporters

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Boats plow through high wake from larger crafts in a parade honoring President Trump crowd Lake Travis, Saturday September 5.  (Bob Daemmrich, For Austin America-Statesman)

AUSTIN, Texas – Multiple boats participating in a parade in support of President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign sunk Saturday on Lake Travis, located west of Austin,  according to the Travis County Sheriff's Office .

Multiple small boats needed rescue after they began sinking due to choppy water conditions as the boats travled together on the lake, according to the office. No one was injured as a result of those incidents, according to Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services officials.

The lake is known for being difficult to navigate at times, and large wakes could be seen during Saturday’s boat parade.

Travis County Sheriff's Office "responded to multiple calls involving boats in distress during the Trump parade on Lake Travis. Several boats did sink," the office tweeted Saturday.

Numerous boat parades have been held by Trump supporters around the nation, and Saturday’s event on Lake Travis drew hundreds — they took to the lake in pontoon boats, sailboats and yachts flying “Trump 2020” flags.

Traveling in a large caravan across the water, the president’s backers greeted each other with their horns and waved to other boaters in solidarity.

Such political rallies on water have gained traction across the country, with Trump supporters holding boat parades in Florida, California, Illinois, New Jersey, and now, in Texas.

The occasional airplane carrying Trump banners also could be seen flying above the gathering. During one point of the parade, five people made a parachute jump over the lake.

It was not the first time that the boat parades have turned dangerous. In Portland, Oregon, a boat on the Willamette River sank last month as a Trump boat parade passed by.

Buck Henderson, a resident of Lakeway, said Saturday’s boat parade was significant in size compared to other events he has seen in the past.

“I think it’s great to show support for our president,” Henderson said.

Pacey Chynow, who began organizing the event in June, said her “motivation for doing this is that I have a child, and I am fighting for her. This is my way of saying this is the future that I want for her to inherit.”

Article is LOCKED by moderator [Buzz of the Orient]
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago
"Multiple boats participating in a parade in support of President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign sunk Saturday on Lake Travis, located west of Austin..."

It's a sign.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1  Gazoo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

Yeah, it’s a sign that some people don’t properly maintain and care for their boats.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

I wonder if they'll send the organizer a bill for all of the emergency policing like they did the BLM organizer in Jersey. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2    4 years ago

probably not. 

texas isn't nj, thank God

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    4 years ago

Too bad, I've always thought that morons that do stupid shit should pay for the cost of saving their asses. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @1.2.2    4 years ago

It would probably be revealing to expose the deficient average IQ of those who took part in the event.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    4 years ago

I didn't mean JUST those who SANK their boats, MUVA.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.2    4 years ago

jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.8  PJ  replied to  Dulay @1.2    4 years ago

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Anti government until THEY need help.  Typical trump supporter mindset. 

I'm just glad it will cost them money to fix their boats.  hahahahahahaha

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    4 years ago

Ha!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.3.2    4 years ago

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.3.4  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.3    4 years ago

No worries, I'm sure a Russian submarine is close by and can assist their comrades. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    4 years ago

What are your thoughts regarding the topic at hand?  (In case you are not sure what the topic is, please read the article Buzz seeded.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago

MAGA is simply exposing the fact that there are so many Americans with sub-normal intelligence. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    4 years ago

Not all the trump supporters are stupid. There are motivated people who are not stupid at all. That's part of the threat.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago

The fact is that there were and will be dozens of Trump boat parades all over America this weekend and the vast majority of them went or will go without incident as we celebrate our President and promote his re-election.  I simply posted about the results of our local California Trump boat parade and make no apologies for doing so.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    4 years ago

Well.  There it is.  There you have it.

The MAGA are here.  The line from the movie, "It."   "Oh.  Yes.  They float."  Except for those that don't of course.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

Seems that the Trump boaters need a refresher course in boating 101.

Beside this fiasco, they disregarded common marine courtesy and swamped a boat with a family aboard in Oregon.

This one isn't a boating fuck up. Just that the organizer of the Trump parade was arrested and missed the parade due to being in the slammer.  Making threats and using racist language, for shame.

And then there is the phony ''wall builder'' who used his ill-gotten gains to purchase a boat and have it in the Trump Boat parade in Florida. Meanwhile, the owner was in the slammer. 

I'm really looking forward to the next boat parade.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.1  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

Ships of fools.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @4.1    4 years ago

You got it.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

In thinking about this lesson in how not to handle a boat, I'm wondering if they will blame ANTIFA for their incompetence. 

Wait, what ANTIFA really did do it. 

118912060_3888136497868231_4039893812422572894_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=bNKS1uEwtVkAX_uF4dp&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=5012e23fc077b15075fb938799ec0609&oe=5F7A8541

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

Aunt Teefa, hahahahahaha

Professor Guide
5.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @5.1    4 years ago
Aunt Teefa

I totally missed that.  What a hoot.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.1    4 years ago

pat, Sister goggle Aunt Teefa there is some funny stuff there.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  pat wilson @5.1    4 years ago

She has a very cool cat.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.5  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.4    4 years ago

She does, those eyes are amazing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

You should all read what a pilot who was smart enough and competent enough to land on a river and FLOAT a totally disabled airplane until everyone on it was safe has to say about Trump.

Miracle on the Hudson pilot 'Sully' Sullenberger blasts Trump over a report he disparaged fallen US service members

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.1  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    4 years ago

A lot of people wanted Sully to run for office. He wasn't having it. Don't blame him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @6.1    4 years ago

Although he became famous around the world, he didn't live in New York State where his popularity may well have won him whatever post he ran for.  From the depiction of him that Tom Hanks projected, I think he was the type of person who would rather just stay where he was and do what was necessary for the success of his Airline Safety company.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2  Gsquared  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    4 years ago

I was so grateful to him when I read his twitter statement last night.  What a great man.  I haven't heard any of the Trumpists denounce him yet.  He is such a hero and they would look so bad if they did.  They probably will though.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    4 years ago

[deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    4 years ago

This is symbolic of the distressed condition of our ship of state with Captain Donald J. Trump at the helm.  Send out an SOS.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @7    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

Boats are fun, but they're also very dangerous.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
9  sixpick    4 years ago

It's amusing, as I've heard it said, but it's really just disgusting and discouraging that some Americans can be duped so easily. 

Even Mediafactcheck hasn't found any stories by the Atlantic that have been incorrect.  None, they say, but that's not true.  Like I've said numerous times organizations that don't have comment sections that can be seen by everyone take on the anointed position of the "Last Word" on a factcheck of anything.

Now those who believe these stories by motivated websites are in free fall.   They don't do any fact checking.  They don't realize they are being manipulated or maybe they've just thrown in their towels and given in to fake news motivated to set an agenda and ultimately steer them to complete ignorance like those who live in dictatorships or communist countries, who don't have the opportunity to really search for the truth, because it is censored.

Anonymous sources are not sources at all.  If a news source can't produce a name for an allegation, then they shouldn't be printing these articles.  People should want to know the truth and not just be ignorant of it.  Pushing lies to the public is diabolical and hurts everyone.  

I can understand, as I've really put a lot of effort in looking for the truth, especially when an article, true or false, can have such a profound influence on all of us.

I know the Democrats and those who want to transform this country feel they have a big investment in doing everything they can to promote an agenda to accomplish this goal.  The Democrat Party is desperate.  They've tried everything they can to save themselves from the possibility of being exposed for the Devils they are and the corruption they have been involved in for so long. 

If they don't win this election, they'll steal it, if possible.  That's how desperate they are. 

The pilot, Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III is a hero, but it's obvious, even heroes can be duped.

[ Deleted ]

The Atlantic can print this story, whether it be true or false, because that is their right to do because of our Constitution.  They can promote a lie if they want to do so.  They promoted a lie that a police officer shot a boy.

The Atlantic Finally Admits Its Police Abolition Piece Is Based On A False Narrative

Four days, six comment requests, and one follow-up story later, The Atlantic issued a series of major corrections that confirmed The Federalist's investigation,
The original from the Atlantic is gone or should I just say it continually got edited until it is now more accurate.  Looks like it an entirely different article.  Maybe that's the reason Mediafactcheck says they have no failed fact checks.  They didn't investigate either.
I believe it was Newsweek who published the article about Trump going to play golf when he actually went to visit the soldiers in Afghanistan.  I bet if we could travel back in time and retrieve that article, we would find, just like now, screen after screen of the other MSM publishing like articles in their own way, as if they also knew he went to play golf, but things disappear on the internet when they get it wrong and since Google and the other tech companies are all in on the agenda of not just getting rid of Trump, but manipulating the people's knowledge or lack of knowledge.
[ Deleted ]

Getting back to the accusation that Trump called the dead WW1 soldiers "Losers" and all the other inflammatory accusations put forth by The Atlantic, you'll notice you can read their names.  They aren't anonymous.

Three Eyewitnesses Say “Anonymously Sourced” Atlantic Anti-Trump Story False

Three Eye Witnesses have now come out and debunked the anonymously sourced Atlantic story claiming President Trump attacked our heroes.

Notice how these people put their names on the record!

This is now the THIRD eyewitness ON RECORD saying it didn’t happen while the Atlantic’s sphincterbubbles quote “unnamed sources.”

They are the enemy of the people.

— Larry Schweikart (@LarrySchweikart) September 4, 2020

Former White House Press Secretary dumped cold water on the story:

These were some of the moments I witnessed the President show his heart and demonstrate how much he respects the selfless and courageous men and women of our military. I am disgusted by this false attack. — Sarah Huckabee Sanders (@SarahHuckabee) September 4, 2020

Two more eyewitnesses debunk the story:

The Atlantic story is completely false. Absolutely lacks merit. I’ve been by the President’s side. He has always shown the highest respect to our active duty troops and veterans with utmost respect paid to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice and those wounded in battle. — Keith Kellogg (@generalkellogg) September 3, 2020

Again, this is 100% false. I was next to @POTUS the whole day! The President was greatly disappointed when told we couldn’t fly there. He was incredibly eager to honor our Fallen Heroes. — Jordan Karem (@JordanKarem1) September 4, 2020

We covered the story earlier today:
The left(the Mainstream Press) has officially found its new hoax.

This time it is brought to us by the Atlantic.

1/ President Trump, who never served in the military, canceled a 2018 visit to a cemetery where American troops are buried, saying: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” — The Atlantic (@TheAtlantic) September 3, 2020

4/ Why does Trump seem to disdain military service? “He has a lot of fear,” one officer with firsthand knowledge of Trump’s views said. “He doesn’t see the heroism in fighting.” — The Atlantic (@TheAtlantic) September 3, 2020

Pretty damning stuff right?

If true yes. However, Conservatives on Twitter are questioning whether this should be believed.

The Atlantic was just recently caught pushing a totally fake story about a police officer shooting a child

Now it is pushing a totally made up story about President Trump.

— Trump War Room – Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) September 3, 2020

Arthur Schwartz has inside knowledge that this story was a Deep State hit.

The Anderson Cooper thing didn’t work out so these clowns went to The Atlantic. Spearheaded by John Kelly’s bag carrier and anti-Trump traitor, Zach Fuentes — nicknamed “ZOTUS” by folks in the WH because of his arrogance [ & ] delusions of grandeur. — Arthur Schwartz (@ArthurSchwartz) September 4, 2020

More from Conservatives on Twitter

When CNN reported DJT Jr. got the Wikileaks emails in advance, two other major news orgs confirmed the story.

The story was dead wrong and they were all using the same anonymous source. Media either need to start demanding names or exercising more restraint.

— Mark Hemingway (@Heminator) September 4, 2020

I honestly didn’t think there was another level of this shit. Apparently there are no limits. The more incendiary and fantastical the anonymously-sourced imaginary quote, the more media blue-checkers will promote it. Could not possibly be more unprofessional than to spread this. — Jason Beale (@jabeale) September 4, 2020

I’m confident I have better sources within this White House than @JeffreyGoldberg , and I expect that upon investigation his anonymously sourced story will live up to the quality we can expect from The Atlantic under his leadership.

— Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) September 4, 2020

John Bolton shoots down Atlantic story saying Trump called soldiers ‘losers’: ‘I was there’; ‘I didn’t hear that’

I remember saying Obama was the most transparent President I'd ever seen.  It's as clear as day.  All you have to do is open your eyes.  The Democrats are phonies.  It's clear as a sunshiny blue sky.  They really have a low opinion of their constituents.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  sixpick @9    4 years ago
It's clear as a sunshiny blue sky.

Nothing you said in your long winded collection of bullshit has any validity. From start to finish it was just full of bitter hate towards liberals and contained zero facts. You claim Democrats will be "exposed for the Devils they are" but nothing in your tired cut and paste word jumble sheds any light on anything other than you simply hate Democrats. And that's fine, go ahead, let that hatred consume you, but that isn't a sunshiny blue sky you're seeing, it's the empty void of Trumps diseased colon.

It is rather hilarious how Republicans, who just a few months ago were calling Bolton's book all lies, are now using it to defend against another political career killing Trump scandal that we all know is very likely true and if it weren't for the ridiculous NDA's he forced his staff to sign there would be dozens and dozens able to verify the facts.

History will not be kind to this inept, corrupt serial adulterer and accused sexual predator currently occupying the white house. The 45th President will not only have the impeachment and land slide loss coming up in November but all the corruption will be exposed over the next few decades just like we got more and more insight into Nixon's corruption as tapes and transcripts were released over the years. He will be deemed the worst President in the history of our nation and US history classes everywhere will have to teach students about his adultery, his two dozen sexual assault accusations, his own words claiming he's a "star" that can grab women by the pussy, his impeachment, his obstruction of justice, his thousands of lies, his horrid response to a pandemic that likely cost tens of thousands of American lives, all immortalized in the pages of our history books.

It will also be fun to watch all the indictments that will land on his fat neck this January while his followers gnash their teeth and scream about their moronic fantasy "deep state".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    4 years ago

In order to understand certain people on NT and elsewhere, you have to understand their mindset , which is

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    4 years ago

Trump made a tell tale statement yesterday or the day before, when he said that the source for the Atlantic article may have been a disgruntled former member of his administration. He also said it may have been made up completely, but when he included the possibility of a former administration member as a source, he was unconsciously admitting there is something to tell.  Otherwise he would have just said the whole thing is made up period. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    4 years ago

I don't, and I'm in China.  LOL

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @9    4 years ago

removed for context

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.3  Kavika   replied to  sixpick @9    4 years ago

If BS were dollar bills this comment would make you independently wealthy.

JBB
Professor Principal
10  JBB    4 years ago

God just got round to smiting the damn MAGA crowd.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I just fell asleep at the computer, now THAT'S a sign I had better lock this article and head for bed.  It's become pretty obvious that this seed requires moderation, so I'll open it again for comments in around 10 or 11 hours.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Overnight I came to the realization that although I originally thought this seed was the perfect analogy for a sinking Trump ship, it was actually fodder for the Trumpsters to post their useless and desperate responses, so I've decided to just allow it to remain locked.