╌>

Trump Called Evangelical Christianity 'Bullshit,' Privately Mocked Evangelicals As Gullible: Michael Cohen

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  63 comments

By:   The Washington Post (The Gaily Grind)

Trump Called Evangelical Christianity 'Bullshit,' Privately Mocked Evangelicals As Gullible: Michael Cohen
President Trump's longtime lawyer and personal fixer, Michael Cohen, alleges in a new book that Trump privately mocked Evangelicals and called

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump's longtime lawyer and personal fixer, Michael Cohen, alleges in a new book that Trump privately mocked Evangelicals and called Christianity "bullshit."

In the book, "Disloyal: A Memoir," which was obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its Tuesday publication date, Cohen writes that before winning the presidency, Trump held a meeting at Trump Tower with prominent evangelical leaders, where they laid their hands on him in prayer.

Afterward, Trump allegedly said: "Can you believe that bulls-t? Can you believe people believe that bulls-t?"

"The cosmic joke was that Trump convinced a vast swathe of working-class white folks in the Midwest that he cared about their well-being," Cohen writes. "The truth was that he couldn't care less."

Cohen also depicts Trump as being crude toward women, including inadvertently commenting on Cohen's then-15-year-old daughter as she finished up a tennis lesson: "Look at that piece of a-," Trump said, according to Cohen. "I would love some of that."

He also describes a tawdry 2013 visit to a Las Vegas club, the Act, with Trump and Aras and Emin Agalarov — a Russian father-and-son oligarch duo. Cohen asserts that the group watched a debauched strip show that included one performer who simulated urinating on another performer, who pretended to drink it.

Trump's reaction to the show, Cohen writes, was "disbelief and delight."

Read the rest of the report by The Washington Post, here.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Trump doesn't give a hoot about Christ or his teaching. He just wants Christian votes!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Ya think? 

Trump's spiritual advisor is a con woman pastor named Paula White. (She is the one in red in the picture you posted.) 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

LOL, Trump actually has a spiritual advisor?! The only thing more absurd would be if I had a spiritual advisor. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.1    4 years ago

She dupes people into sending her something like 200 dollars so they can receive from her a prayer cloth worth about 20 cents. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    4 years ago

Wish I had come up with the con first...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.3    4 years ago

You would have had to been born 200K years BCE and born with a lack of moral fiber.

Were I a time traveler, I'd have nipped that shit in the bud. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago
Trump doesn't give a hoot about Christ or his teaching

Neither do I.  I quit having imaginary friends when I was 3 or 4.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago

Then why does the Trump abuse God's Name?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago

We grew up, but a large chunk of his base haven't, and they may not take too kindly to him shit talking Gandalf. Er Hogwarts, sorry Peter Pan. Eh, whatever in the fuck it is evengelicals believe. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago

It took me to when I was about 10 before I started questioning religion.

took a few close deaths that made me start wondering if there was a god.

Then I started wondering that if there was a god, would I worship it?

After awhile I was a non believer.

Studied some oriental disciplines for a few years trying to find meaning. 

Ended up as a fighter rather than an enlightened philosopher. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @1.2.3    4 years ago
It took me to when I was about 10 before I started questioning religion. took a few close deaths that made me start wondering if there was a god.

It took me a cursory look through the bible.  The contradictions, death, destruction and punishments really made me see that this is not something to be worshiped.  Then I realized that many of the followers want others to fear their god and that it's "all forgiving".  Yeah, no.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

Michael Cohen?  That's the source?  Am I supposed to take him seriously?  

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    4 years ago

The witnesses to Trump's degeneracy are Legion...

Who do we believe? Trump or everyone else there?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

I still think it is funny that Trump supporters have a hard time believing that Trump is a total piece of shit despite quite literally EVERYTHING telling them otherwise. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.1    4 years ago
Trump supporters have a hard time believing that Trump is a total piece of shit despite quite literally EVERYTHING telling them otherwise. 

Many of them do seem to believe in fairy tales. So that should come as no surprise, as they'll believe anything which suits their own narrative or emotional comfort.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.2    4 years ago
Many of them do seem to believe in fairy tales.

That's rich coming from a group of people who have supported failed hoax after failed hoax.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    4 years ago
That's rich coming from a group of people who have supported failed hoax after failed hoax.  

I've heard many hoax claims and conspiracy theories. You'll have to be more specific.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    4 years ago

Trump will be charged with many felonies both state and federal the second he is no longer president.

Trump would have been much better off not running for office. He is totally screwed.

His crimes will be studied in political science classes for years to come. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.4    4 years ago

Lets start with "obstruction".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    4 years ago
Trump will be charged with many felonies

I've heard the left make that claim for 4 years now.  But not a single one can provide irrefutable proof.  At best they've provided a link to some blogger like CNN and MSNBC.

So what's YOUR irrefutable proof.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.6    4 years ago

What about it?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    4 years ago

Do you take Trump seriously? If that answer is yes then you really have to believe everything you ever hear.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2    4 years ago
Do you take Trump seriously?

More seriously than I take Cohen.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.1    4 years ago
More seriously than I take Cohen.  

Or Biden

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  cjcold  replied to  bugsy @2.2.2    4 years ago

So everybody who has ever worked for Trump tells the same truth of Trump being an insane, idiotic, childish, foul mouthed, juvenile dictator.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    4 years ago
Michael Cohen?  That's the source?  Am I supposed to take him seriously?

Equally important is the article's website. The Gaily Grind is a left-wing anti-Trump publication, and its home page articles provide plenty of proof.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    4 years ago

That makes it even more laughable.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.3.2  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    4 years ago

This is hilarious. Someone flagged your comment. I guess criticism of a far left outlet triggers the hell out of some folks. Of course, the one that flagged it won't fess up to why they thought is was so offensive.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  cjcold  replied to  bugsy @2.3.2    4 years ago

So are you saying that the current POTUS doesn't lie many times a day and doesn't do and say any idiotic/stupid/fascist/ things every day?

Pretty sure Americans would be much, much better off with the covid pandemic if Trump hadn't been in charge.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @2.3.2    4 years ago

Really? I never see a flag next to my comments so I never know if my comments are flagged or who does it. Oh well. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.4  Ronin2  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    4 years ago

Cohen, wrote a book to sooth TDS suffers nerves. He needs the money to pay for past and future legal bills.

Of course TDS sufferers are willing to spend money on a book by a confirmed liar and criminal that confirms every last one of their fears about Trump.

A fool and their money, as the saying goes.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @2.4    4 years ago
Cohen, wrote a book to sooth TDS suffers nerves.

Oh and they are eating it up.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.4.2  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.4.1    4 years ago

There have now been many tell-all Trump books written by folk who were close to him. 

Are you saying that all of these close advisers are lying about the Donald's insanity?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.4.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @2.4.2    4 years ago
There have now been many tell-all Trump books

Like Cohens?  LMAO.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    4 years ago
Trump Called Evangelical Christianity 'Bullshit,' Privately Mocked Evangelicals As Gullible

I am shocked, absolutely shocked. For once Donald Trump said something I completely agree with. I mean, I know nothing is impossible and weird shit does happen, but this is on a different level. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3    4 years ago

It was Nancy Reagan who irst coined the term, "Rightwing Nut Jobs" to describe the evangelical fundamentalists in the gop who she and Ronald Reagan privately and personally could not stand.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago
It was Nancy Reagan who irst coined the term, "Rightwing Nut Jobs" to describe the evangelical fundamentalists in the gop who she and Ronald Reagan privately and personally could not stand.

That's only according to Opposition Report which, according to MBFC, has an extreme left bias.

Reference here   and  here .

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.1    4 years ago

For real though, who actually can stand evangelicals? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.2    4 years ago
For real though, who actually can stand evangelicals? 

Everyone in the USA - citizens, legal immigrants, and even illegal aliens - have a constitutional right to (peaceful) religious freedom in the USA, whether we agree or disagree with their beliefs.

For real.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.3    4 years ago

Not what I asked.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.4    4 years ago
Not what I asked.

It should have been very obvious that I cannot answer the broad generalization you asked in comment 3.1.2  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.5    4 years ago

Fine, simplified, do YOU take evangelicals seriously?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.6    4 years ago
do YOU take evangelicals seriously?

Why would anyone take evangelicals seriously? The BS they sometimes spew is beyond stupid! It's downright irrational too!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.6    4 years ago

We can ignore Evangelicals.

The left\'s Brown Shirts rioting, looting, killing, and committing arson in major Democratic bastion of stupidity cities, not so much.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.9  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.6    4 years ago
do YOU take evangelicals seriously?

I do. Simply because they are Americans.

I take most liberals serious too, but for a different reason...the damage they have inflicted and will inflict on this country if they take the White House.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.8    4 years ago
The left\'s Brown Shirts

Yeah... you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3    4 years ago

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3    4 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.3    4 years ago

It's not sweeping if its true and it is.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.4  cjcold  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3    4 years ago

Guess what? The evangelicals will vote for atheist Trump no matter how much he insults them.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  cjcold @3.4    4 years ago
The left\'s Brown Shirts

WHICH IS INSANE TO ME! 

Lol Trump is such an atheist that atheists don't even want him. He is such a piece of shit that even the godless say "nah". And yet those who claim to be the most diehard adherents of Christ (a loser in Trump's book) suck the most godless cock in human history with enthusiasm 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Trump is such a germaphobe, he probably had that suit burned because people touched it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    4 years ago

Trump's proclivity to make off-the-cuff derogatory quips is, yet again, his worst enemy when it comes to defending against allegations like these.   Here we have another allegation that, if true, would likely not surprise anyone (who is being honest). 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 years ago
Here we have another allegation that, if true, would likely not surprise anyone (who is being honest). 

What's perhaps worse is that many people probably would not care if true. Or if any derogatory statements are made at all. There used to be a time where such statements would land one in political hot water. Nowadays, many people seem to ignore it or give it a pass.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gordy327 @5.1    4 years ago

I wonder though what goes through the mind of a Christian who intends to vote for someone (Trump) who is (if this is true) pretending to be devout but is in reality mocking his religious supporters.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 years ago

On the assumption 'the mind' is a functioning organ.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 years ago
I wonder though what goes through the mind of a Christian

You left an opening for me. But I'll take the high road on this one, Lol

who intends to vote for someone (Trump) who is (if this is true) pretending to be devout but is in reality mocking his religious supporters.

I think that's more a matter of intelligence, or lack thereof.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Gordy327 @5.1    4 years ago

Trump has made hundreds of untrue statements that no other president could have survived.

Time for dems to grow a pair! 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

Wait just a cotton picking minute here.  IF this article is true---then this is irrefutable proof that the Trump does not lie?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1  cjcold  replied to  bbl-1 @6    4 years ago

The problem being that Trump can't open his mouth without lying. This is documented.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Calling them bs is one thing, but still kissing up to them to get their support is another.  It reeks of hypocrisy.

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    4 years ago

All the grifting evangelicals went all in for the King of Grifters. They deserve each other.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Well, if some old man said my 15 year old daughter was a nice piece of ass, he would be wearing dentures for the rest of his life if he already wasn't. And if he was...he would need to have his jaw wired.