╌>

Trump claims to be leading in states where he's been behind for 5 months

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  23 comments

By:   Josh Israel (The American Independent)

Trump claims to be leading in states where he's been behind for 5 months
Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he is leading in each of six swing states, despite polling averages showing him behind in every one of them. In an

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Josh Israel - September 10, 2020 10:41 AM890

He claimed to be up in six swing states — but he's trailing in all of them.

Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he is leading in each of six swing states, despite polling averages showing him behind in every one of them.

In an interview on Fox News, Trump told host Sean Hannity that Joe Biden was changing his campaign strategy based on a huge swing in poll numbers. Polling has not shown this at all. Biden's national lead, currently at more than 7 points, has been stable for months.

"All of a sudden, he sees what's happening with his poll numbers — cause as you see, we're going way up," Trump falsely claimed. "I think we're leading in Florida. We're leading in Wisconsin. We're leading in Pennsylvania. We're leading in North Carolina. I think we're leading in New Hampshire. We're leading by a lot — and we're really leading by a lot in Ohio, I just saw a poll a little while ago. I think we're leading all over the place, frankly. But you know, the fake news doesn't like to say that."

Trump has trailed in the RealClearPolitics polling averages in Florida, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania consistently since early April. Nearly every poll in those states has shown Biden ahead. Trump trails by 1.2% in Florida, 4.3% in Pennsylvania, and 6.4% in Wisconsin.

Trump has also trailed Biden in most polls in North Carolina, where Biden has a 1.5% average lead; Ohio, where Biden leads by an average of 2.4%; and New Hampshire, where Biden's lead is 9.7%.

While a recent Morning Consult poll showed Trump up by 5% in Ohio, his favorite pollster — the GOP-friendly Rasmussen Reports — recently showed Biden up by 4% in the state.

In the same "Hannity" appearance, Trump then scolded Fox News for having "among the worst pollsters of all." Its polls, like most others, show Biden well ahead. Trump has previously attacked the network for having polls that made him look bad, though he has also cited its polls many times when they are favorable.

FiveThirtyEight grades Fox News polling as an A-, based on methodology and historical accuracy.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to an inquiry for this story.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Need more proof Trump is delusional? Well, here it is.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Let him say whatever he want's about the subject...... just go and vote.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago

Agreed

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Historically, anything that Trump has claimed as true has been a lie.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @1.2    4 years ago

Maybe his tards will get complacent thinking he has it in the bag and not vote.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

No, it just proves that political polls are totally useless as they are entirely subjective in nature according to who commissioned said poll to begin with. Most thinking Americans know that both sides poll a finite number of voters in a particular demographic/geographic area that will respond favorably to the leading questions in the poll. They will poll a finite number of people whether it be 100 or 1000, then manipulate the number of  responses that match their agenda and circular file the majority of those that do not. Then try to pass off the results as representing the total majority of voters. And in all fairness, both Republicans and Denocrats are very much guilty of the same practices.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.1    4 years ago

Yep, I hear you. As I posted on another article, oh to be a fly on the wall of some hard core leftist liberal Democrats if/when Donald Trump should win reelection. Heads will most likely implode!😁

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I'm sure it's what many people have told him...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Maybe he was holding the results upside down the same way he held the Bible. 

CM
Freshman Silent
2.1  CM  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Fake it till you make it, the art of positive thinking, just like he faked the pandemic was over "It's a Democrat hoax" "It will be all gone when it gets warm, we are turning the corner"  the man is a fraud..

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  CM @2.1    4 years ago

CM...... Where have you been?  Good to see you.

Decided to buy some Maalox and join the NT fun again?

Hope you've been well.

CM
Freshman Silent
2.1.2  CM  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.1    4 years ago

CM...... Where have you been?  Good to see you.

Decided to buy some Maalox and join the NT fun again?

Hope you've been well.

Thank you FLYNAVY, Nice see you also, I pop in at times so I will see you another time..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CM @2.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif Welcome back.  I have missed you.

evilone
Professor Guide
3  evilone    4 years ago

Yeah... Trump can say what he wants to his sycophantic base. They have their heads so far up his ass their breath smells like KFC. For the rest of us don't take anything for granted polling always starts to tighten up in the last weeks of a campaign -  yesterday Florida went from Leans Democrat to Toss Up and Nevada went from Likely Democrat to Leans Democrat.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

You can all be surprised yet again on election night .  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago

care to wager your future here? are you a man of your word?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Fire truck Trump as we can no longer drop F bombs here.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    4 years ago

Tuck Frump

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

Perhaps Trump read it wrong or misunderstood.  Leading---losing----what's the diff?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
despite polling averages showing him behind in every one of them.

and how many states did trump win in 2016 that showed him behind in the polls?

or, try this...

despite 2016 you still believe the polls?    LOL  seriously....   LOL