╌>

Members of Mueller's team 'wiped' phones during Trump probe: DOJ

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  4 years ago  •  72 comments

By:   ysteinbuch (New York Post)

Members of Mueller's team 'wiped' phones during Trump probe: DOJ
More than two dozen cell phones belonging to members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team were "wiped" clean of their data before the Justice Department's inspector general could check them.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

More than two dozen cellphones belonging to members of special counsel Robert Mueller’s team were “wiped” clean of their data before the Justice Department’s inspector general could check them, according to a report.

Newly released DOJ records show the phones were wiped of the data because of forgotten passcodes, irreparable screen damage, loss of the device and intentional deletion, among other reasons, Fox News reported .

Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman “accidentally wiped” his device twice after he entered the wrong passcode too many times in March 2018, according to the documents cited by Fox News.

Attorney James Quarles’ phone “wiped itself” of the data without his input, say the records, which were released after a lawsuit from the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, the network reported.

The documents also show that a phone belonging to then-FBI attorney Lisa Page — who exchanged anti-Trump texts with fellow agent Peter Strzok — was restored to factory settings when the Inspector General’s Office got it, according to Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    4 years ago

TDS ridden swamp creatures at work ......

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

Holy  "Bit Bleach", not to mention 30,000 deleted emails and a bakers dozen "Blackberries" beaten to smithereens with hammers.   jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Yeah sure, they forgot their passwords. /s

And if a damaged screen means a phone wipe mine is way past needing one.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Are you talking about Clinton or Romney? Can't be Bush, because they lost 22 million emails.  Still no punishments.

One could almost conclude that no one cares...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    4 years ago

Lost AND FOUND. Why not tell the WHOLE story?

One could almost conclude you didn't include that bit of information from your source in your post because it tells a little different story.

From your own source:

Then, in December 2009—well into Barack Obama's administration—the White House said it found 22 million emails, dated between 2003 and 2005, that it claimed had been mislabeled. That cache was given to the National Archives, and it and other plaintiffs agreed, on December 14, 2009, to settle their lawsuit

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    4 years ago

Why?  I provided the link and you read it.

That's the way things work.

It also says that a different Administration found them eventually through no effort of Bush or the RNC.

It also says no one has been punished yet and that FOIAs has been stymied perhaps through this year.

It will all be water under the bridge which no one will be prosecuted for.

No one cares.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.6    4 years ago

I don't even think you read your own link, personally.

That is why I quoted it for you.

You didn't include any info about the emails being found--just claimed they were lost, because that was some vague point you were attempting to make.

And yes, before you even start, I KNOW it was in your link. I just don't think you knew it.

A little disingenuous to me.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    4 years ago

I always read the whole link before I decide to post it.

9 times out of 10, it only proves that posting links is a waste of time.

Congratulations. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

How's business?  Improved I hope?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago

I am sure you will be recognized for your own sanctimony shortly.

Welcome to the show that never ends...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.8    4 years ago
Congratulations. 

That’s nice, now stay on topic please. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.1    4 years ago
And if a damaged screen means a phone wipe mine is way past needing one.

Obviously they meant a phone screen so damaged that it rendered the phone unusable,like a razor sharp

fingerprint remover screen damage, hence they had to "wipe it" before disposal.

Makes sense to me.

Notice no one mentions backing up data because there are always records of texts and emails from a phone whether it

has been wiped or not.  How do you think they got all of the "smoking gun" texts that Strzok made about Trump 

after he turned in a wiped phone?

I would also note that Peter Strzok was an equal opportunity politician hater who apparently hated Clinton, Sanders and

Trump equally.  If fact the only politician he did not disparage regularly was John Kasich.

Stupid seed.  I only had one government phone and was told to return it in exactly the condition I received it, much like base housing.  Of course it was wiped to turn it back in.

Food for thought.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.12    4 years ago
Stupid seed.

Great seed, that clearly illustrates bureaucracy that is out control and how some can justify questionable actions for partisan reasons.

Food for thought.

And no one cares what’s on you census phone.    Not me anyway.     Not even close to the same thing

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.14  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.13    4 years ago

There is no partisanship in the article?

Only the wish to find some gotcha, by the author of the "Hmmmm"  article.

Census phone?  Lmao!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago

Is this where one comments

"bye bye"?

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

See you around SA...sometime.  I think we owe each other a beer.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.16  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.14    4 years ago
There is no partisanship in the article?

Who said their wasn't?

Only the wish to find some gotcha, by the author of the "Hmmmm"  article.

The gotcha is there but you have your eyes open to see it.

Census phone?  Lmao!

Meh, a good guess considering ...... but i'm sure you were a "very" secret squirrel and all .... Peter?    Is that you?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.16    4 years ago

Tell me, which emails or texts were lost by these 'suspicious' wipes?

Answer,  none,

or there wouldn't be partisan outrage as evidenced by the selective release of many of Page's & Strzok's text

messages critical of Mr. Trump.  Funny how the equally derisive text messages about Clinton & Sanders were ignored,

especially by the evil MSM.  Strzok apparently hated everyone in politics.

Keep spinning.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.17    4 years ago
Tell me, which emails or texts were lost by these 'suspicious' wipes?

Answer,  none,

Tell me, how do you know what was or wasn't lost?   Do you have something to share with the rest of the class?

or there wouldn't be a partisan outrage as evidenced by the selective release of many of Page's & Strzok's text

messages critical or Mr. Trump.  Funny how the equally derisive text messages about Clinton & Sanders were ignored,

especially by the evil MSM.

Keep spinning.

Lol spin ..... hilarious .... but you keep defending the swamp and the turds who reside there just the same.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.18    4 years ago

and you keep making it personal...

enjoy the weather & have a nice day.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.21  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1.20    4 years ago

Removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

A trumpturd supporter telling us to stay informed.

What a hoot!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    4 years ago

How many did they lose that were under Congressional subpoena?  And destroy under subpoena?  With the man doing the destroying being given immunity first?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    4 years ago

See 2.1.10

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.24    4 years ago

I didn't think you had an answer!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.26  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.25    4 years ago

OK, I'll bite, lol.

How many did they lose that were under Congressional subpoena? 

How many what(s) did they lose?  Emails, texts or phones? What subpoena, please be specific with links etc.

From all of the conservative's outrage about Strozok's  and Page's texts, they lost none.  Look at the timeline and it will make more sense to you possibly.

And destroy under subpoena? 

Again? Destroy what? The FBI and the NSA have all of the emails and texts and phones.  Could you be more specific about this subpoena?  To whom for what from whom?

With the man doing the destroying being given immunity first?

"the man"?  That's some web you are weaving.

As I suggested in 2.1.10, we agreed that all of the information is intact, somewhere, yet you persist in trying to argue that there is an unresolved conspiracy from 2017.

This is an imaginary tempest in a teapot by people outside the FBI who know nothing about FBI phone protocol.

I see that the smoke from the west coast has reached the east coast, stay safe, wear that mask and have a great day.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

The documents also show that a phone belonging to then-FBI attorney Lisa Page — who exchanged anti-Trump texts with fellow agent Peter Strzok — was restored to factory settings when the Inspector General’s Office got it, according to Fox News.

If hobby-hackers can manage data theft after a scrub or factory reset, I'm thinking federal law enforcement could do it blindfolded and handcuffed.  And asleep.

What else ya got?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    4 years ago

funny how someone that alleges so much familiarity with the intelligence community isn't aware of standard operating procedures.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @2.1    4 years ago

Who are you talking about?

One doesn’t need to be an intelligence spook to know that so many “forgotten passwords” is not SOP for any effective intelligence operation.

That said, had this been done by anyone related to Trump the usual left wing radicals here would be falling all over themselves to post anti Trump articles about it.   No doubt about it.

Which would be SOSDD for this place.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.1    4 years ago
funny how someone that alleges so much familiarity with the intelligence community isn't aware of standard operating procedures

I thought that was a little strange, too.  

As related to the issue at hand, it's important to note that no self-respecting, shenanigans-minded, Antifa-loving, double agent would leave the house without one or two or ten burner phones.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.2    4 years ago

Strange, I’ve had a smart phone for over 12 years now.    Haven’t forgotten my password once.

I must be a genius.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    4 years ago
Strange, I’ve had a smart phone for over 12 years now.    Haven’t forgotten my password once. I must be a genius.

Possibly.

But have you had an FBI issued phone that required P/W updates monthly that cannot be any variation of any past password?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.4    4 years ago

No but I do change it regularly, just like anyone should that expects to maintain at least a modicum of security on these things.

So all these wipes seem normal to you?    Really?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.5    4 years ago

see 1.1.12

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.6    4 years ago

See 1.1.13

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.4    4 years ago
But have you had an FBI issued phone that required P/W updates monthly that cannot be any variation of any past password?

I would think that anyone with such a phone would know better than to keep punching in the wrong code over and over, prompting it to lock up. And even if they did reach such a point, is it truly necessary to wipe the phone?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    4 years ago

Even if you had, I really doubt information would be erased. That's the funny part of all this BS!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.8    4 years ago
And even if they did reach such a point, is it truly necessary to wipe the phone?

The phones are programmed to self wipe in the event that they are found by unauthorized people who try to access the phone's contents.

As CJ suggested, it sounds like Standard Operating Procedure for certain government agencies.

And as I stated earlier and Vic suggested, nothing was lost. It's all on some FBI or NSA server that collects all FBI emails and texts.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    4 years ago
It's all on some FBI or NSA server that collects all FBI emails and texts.

Yes and in the case of Strzok and Page, already in the hands of the Intel committees, much of which they released to the public. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    4 years ago

My phone now has face recognition.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @2.1.12    4 years ago
My phone now has face recognition.

So does mine, but it never works now because I usually have a mask on when I'm trying to use it. I refuse to reprogram it with the mask on.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.14  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    4 years ago
As CJ suggested, it sounds like Standard Operating Procedure for certain government agencies.

Then it's not problem, an investigation will bear all that out.   Easy peasy, lemon squeezy

Why have a problem with an investigation?   Worried there is something to hide?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    4 years ago

Don’t need anything more.    Fact, so far they have found that 29 phones got wiped.    Anyone who thinks that’s a coincidence has their head inserted very deeply up their own ass.

You got anything but ridiculous partisan spin?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.2    4 years ago
You got anything but ridiculous partisan spin?

Not in this lifetime.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.2    4 years ago

Sure.

How about the FACT that the actions that you have your hair on fire about were conducted in 2017-2018.

How about the FACT that the "Records Officer" is to this day, STILL employed by AG Barr's DOJ?

How about the FACT that Barr gave her a PROMOTION?

How about the FACT that the documents state that the 'Records Officer' inspected Strzok's cell phone and took pictures of any emails and texts? Ditto with Page's. 

How about the FACT that throughout the documents it cites IT 'wiping' DOJ cell phones, once inspected, as SOP? 

How about the FACT that Trump's DOJ, under AG Barr, didn't inquire about Strzok's phone until 2018, even thought THEY were the ones that instigated his firing? 

Those are just the first questions I have after actually READING the fucking documents. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted] bet you've been just chomping at the bit to report another one of my posts so here you go

How about the FACT that the actions that you have your hair on fire about were conducted in 2017-2018.

What little hair i have left is not on fire.   To bad eh?

How about the FACT that the "Records Officer" is to this day, STILL employed by AG Barr's DOJ?
How about the FACT that Barr gave her a PROMOTION?

So what?

How about the FACT that the documents state that the 'Records Officer' inspected Strzok's cell phone and took pictures of any emails and texts? Ditto with Page's.
How about the FACT that throughout the documents it cites IT 'wiping' DOJ cell phones, once inspected, as SOP?

Good

How about the FACT that Trump's DOJ, under AG Barr, didn't inquire about Strzok's phone until 2018, even thought THEY were the ones that instigated his firing?

So what?   This story is far from over and will get tougher and tougher with each day to put a positive spin on it.

Those are just the first questions I have after actually READING the fucking documents.

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.3    4 years ago
Hey sweetie, bet you've been just chomping at the bit to report another one of my posts so here you go

First of all Sparty, when addressing me, use my user name. PERIOD, full stop.

Only and last request. 

So what?   This story is far from over and will get tougher and tougher with each day to put a positive spin on it.

Based on your 'so what and good' replies, this 'story' isn't tough at all so it can hardly 'get tougher'. 

You sound very angry.  

i suggest some Camomile Tea  and maybe some soothing whale talk sounds.

Hope that helps!

If you are hearing angry voices, I'm pretty sure that you're beyond the aid of chamomile tea. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.2.4    4 years ago

Lol ..... funny, very funny ......

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.5    4 years ago

Obtuse, very obtuse. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.7  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @2.2.6    4 years ago

Nah, actually quite acute considering but i know ..... opinions here do vary.

Now, get your last shot in and stop with the personal stuff okay?

Thx!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.4    4 years ago
If you are hearing angry voices, I'm pretty sure that you're beyond the aid of chamomile tea. 

Obtuse, very obtuse.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.7    4 years ago
Now, get your last shot in and stop with the personal stuff okay? Thx!

My reply addresses you comment. 

It's clear from your comment that some here need a mod to explain the definition of 'personal stuff'. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.8    4 years ago

Now, get your last shot in and stop with the personal stuff okay?

Thx!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @2.2.2    4 years ago

Oh, ya, let's let it all go

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.12    4 years ago

You could address the questions I asked.

Or perhaps address ANYTHING in the actual documents that underlay the seed.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.11    4 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.16  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @2.2    4 years ago

I'm going with SOP on this.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.11    4 years ago

Do you have anything relating to MY post that you would like to address to me? because the quote you included in your reply to ME isn't FROM me, and therefore makes NO sense to be addressing it to ME. Got it?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.17    4 years ago
Do you have anything relating to MY post that you would like to address to me? because the quote you included in your reply to ME isn't FROM me, and therefore makes NO sense to be addressing it to ME. Got it?

Whooosh right over your head. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.18    4 years ago

Ah, the usual crap.

Nice, and expected.

SOSDD

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.20  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.19    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.20    4 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    4 years ago
I'm thinking federal law enforcement could do it blindfolded and handcuffed

Making all those phones come back?  We just got the word. The report was written quite a while ago and the haters on the left wouldn't care anyway. How about you, what else do you have?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3    4 years ago
Making all those phones come back?

The documents show that Strzok left in August 2017 and they didn't start asking about the content of his DOJ cellphone until A YEAR latter. The DOJ FIRED Strzok. The DOJ had possession of his cellphone and the DOJ chose to wipe it and reassign the phone to another agent.

If something occurred that requires accountability, it's ALL on AG Barr. PERIOD, full stop. 

So I await the call for Barr's resignation...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago
the phones were wiped of the data because of forgotten passcodes, irreparable screen damage, loss of the device and intentional deletion

How do you have this much trouble with phones? I've had lots of phones and I've never done any of these things.

If you can't handle a phone, maybe you shouldn't be trusted to do certain other things - like be part of special investigations in the Justice Department.

Or, you're hiding something.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
How do you have this much trouble with phones?

You don’t.

If you can't handle a phone, maybe you shouldn't be trusted to do certain other things - like be part of special investigations in the Justice Department.

Exactly.

Or, you're hiding something.

That would be my guess.    Swamp creatures are always trying to hide something.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Sparty On    4 years ago

Senators request DOJ IG investigate Mueller team phone records.

Entirely reasonable considering what has come before ......