╌>

Trump Keeps Attacking Biden For His Gaffes, But Has A Fair Share Of His Own | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  cb  •  4 years ago  •  46 comments

Trump Keeps Attacking Biden For His Gaffes, But Has A Fair Share Of His Own | The 11th Hour | MSNBC
"Our Army manned the airpos...it ranned...the ramparts...it took over the airports."

No. No. No. Donald, it did not happened that way. Not in this universe of reality anyway?! Who put that in your teleprompter? How long did that quote exist in your 'prompter' without notice?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

original

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

CB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  CB    4 years ago

Aging is no laughing matter. But for the mockers in our world, I say: "Laugh clown laugh." It's yo political 'funeral.'

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 years ago

And don't forget covfefe! 

But remember that the argument for Biden is supposed to be that he's not Trump. Turns out, he might be worse than Trump.

This political ad from MSNBC doesn't help Biden. It doesn't refute the accusation that Biden has lost it. It only amounts to "but Trump!"

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2    4 years ago

Biden is not Trump and vice versa. That's obvious. However, criticizing and breaking people for aging is stupid. Nobody on this site is free of aging. And we have politicians in their late 80's as lawmakers (who are still serving). We used to honor these people, before some of us became mockers.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1    4 years ago
However, criticizing and breaking people for aging is stupid.

Just for aging? Sure. They did that with Reagan (who now looks like a spring chicken by comparison). That kind of thing is unfair. But nobody is doing that here.

So long as there is some reason to think there could be a problem, it's a fair topic. Mental decline in the elderly is exceedingly common. So are health issues in the body. Heart trouble, for example. It's perfectly valid to be concerned about these issues when deciding who to vote for.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.1    4 years ago

Concern? That is valid. Ridicule and denigration is stupidly invalid. And it's an "ism" pejorative. Being "just old" does not come with a stereotypical sneer, senility, or a nod to adult diapers. We used to respect, and do so for decency sake, our elders-because it is what we are becoming. Politicians deserve the same common resepect as the civilians they protect.

Russia, is propagating this ageism attack on an American candidate for president. A nation whose leader is 67 years old himself—and they're stuck with him until he chooses to oust himself! That government has no room to decide, or mock our choice of leadership!

Besides, can it be anymore obvious that by spoofing one candidate alone that by omitting the other the display of propaganda is complete?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.2    4 years ago
Concern? That is valid. Ridicule and denigration is stupidly invalid.

lol .... many on the left better take a long hard look in the mirror then ...

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    4 years ago

Mockers, for instance, come in all stripes and apparently they can not discipline themselves. What is our excuse for imitating Russian internet trolls and their memes? Surely, we can "see the man" behind the curtain manipulating many for all he is worth!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  CB @2.1.4    4 years ago

lol ..... alrighty then ..... one bad chit for improper application of a logical fallacy.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.2    4 years ago
We used to respect, and do so for decency sake, our elders-because it is what we are becoming.

How far back are you remembering? Because 1980 was 40 years ago now, and Reagan was attacked all over the place for his age. He was only 69. If either party ran a 69 year-old right now, I think that whippersnapper would win in a landslide.

Then there was Bob Dole in 1996. He was 73. He was also attacked for his age, but was younger than either man running now.

More to the point, both men stumble over things when they speak. And both are record-breakingly old as presidents go. 

Is it only ageism when the candidate is a Democrat? I hope not.

You want to focus on age and ignore their actual behavior. I'm talking about age in concert with behavior.

Ridicule and denigration is stupidly invalid.

So they get ridiculed for it. Of course, but that's the nature of politics. It's rude, but candidates get ridiculed for all sorts of things. Trump gets ridiculed for his weight, for his hair, for the way he drinks a bottle of water. The list is long. Are you going condemn that ridicule and denigration as well?

Being "just old" does not come with a stereotypical sneer, senility, or a nod to adult diapers.

Mmmm, Yeahhhhh, it kinda does. It's not a guarantee, of course, but you definitely see those things a lot more in the elderly than you do in the young or middle-aged. It's perfectly reasonable to want to vote for the lesser of two Alzheimer's patients.

Russia, is propagating this ageism attack on an American candidate for president.

Oh, come on with this nonsense. Even if they were pushing it, both candidates talk publicly every day. Russia isn't creating invented video recordings of Biden saying insane things. The recordings are real and he's doing it all by himself.

Besides, can it be anymore obvious that by spoofing one candidate alone that by omitting the other the display of propaganda is complete?

How can you say it's only one candidate? Right here on NT we have two seeds on the topic. One aimed at Trump (this one) and another aimed at Biden.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.6    4 years ago

This article is emphasizing and you can tell by my commenting just how cynical the video (above) is. Moreover, I despise these weak attempts at "for the sake of argument" whataboutisms.

There is a one evidential problem with all this: Neither of the two parties nominated a younger man or woman! Going back even to 35 constitutionally. Therefore, there age is not of itself a public dilemma here. (Apparently, it is a Russian propaganda device. Putin is 67 for the record.)

Trump is descriptively a mocker, we all know it, we all hear it, we all read it. But, let's not digress.

Putin is a bad influencer. Don't let him overwhelm you.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.7    4 years ago

I feel like you didn't respond to anything I said, so I'm not sure what to say about that. Maybe your last comment wasn't directed at me?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.6    4 years ago
How far back are you remembering? Because 1980 was 40 years ago now, and Reagan was attacked all over the place for his age. He was only 69.

Reagan did not hold the younger candidate's age again him, did he? It was a winning line. Age is not a hindrance to intelligence or leadership. Elsewise, we could make bi-partisan jokes about Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi!

Don't fall for Russian propaganda.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.9    4 years ago
Age is not a hindrance to intelligence or leadership.

By itself, of course not. I don't know anyone who has suggested it would be.

Reagan did not hold the younger candidate's age again him, did he?

Reagan is a shining example of the distinction we should be concerned with. Sure, he wasn't a young man, but he was sharp as a tack. He witty and quick.

It was a winning line.

That line didn't just work because it was funny. It worked because in that moment he completely diffused any concerns people might have had about his mental state related to his age. Additionally, we didn't have a vast catalog of him delivering word salads or nonsense numbers, so all he really had to overcome was simple ageism.

Contrast that with the current campaign. With Trump a little, but with Biden in particular, there is ample evidence that his brain just isn't working that great. Even just a few years ago he was clearly sharper than he is now.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.6    4 years ago
both are record-breakingly old as presidents go. 

And yet they are America's choices, yes? Republican and democratic parties held conventions and both these 'seventy-somethings' men passed are under the bar. In that sense, they are already winners.

Why mock them after making a determination to showcase them? It's ageism. And its mean-spirited and lacking in decency.

We could have chosen anybody (else) and we chose these two men. What's to mock?

Old saying: "Don't Resent Getting Old - Many Are Denied The Privilege.

It's even better to be able to yet serve in a decent, honest, capacity the nation one loves. Trump is not being striven against because he is old (ageism), he is being fought against because he is cruel and unrelenting to whole swaths of the electorate and we resent him for being that way.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.10    4 years ago

Stop reaching for excuses. For instance, Reagan was in a debate against his opposition. We have not had the first debate between the current candidates. Reagan broke the tension (diffused it), not because we think the line was from his mind or credited to another, the line worked because conservatives wanted a Reagan 'mind' to govern and hints at ageism was seeking to rob him in an unjust manner of serving.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.12    4 years ago
Stop reaching for excuses.

Excuses for what? What are you talking about? I have nothing to excuse. I am analyzing the election. Please don't start with that stuff.

the line worked because conservatives wanted a Reagan 'mind' to govern

I don't understand your meaning. I don't know what a "Reagan mind" is. And you make it sound like conservatives were up to something sneaky.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.13    4 years ago

Nothing sneaky about it. Conservatives wanted a conservative-minded candidate and they liked Reagan's thinking as the man he presented. There is so much you ignore in my comments, looking for something to diminish. Step back and look at the 'forest' after you peruse its trees. Thank you.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.14    4 years ago
looking for something to diminish

OK I think we're done. I've asked you to respond to the content of my comments. You won't. I've asked you clarify your own comments. Again, you won't. And I've asked you to not come after me with the random accusations like I'm making excuses, or - in this last case - "looking for something to diminish." I give.

Have a nice day.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.15    4 years ago

Tacos! Don't ever think you can gaslight me. I am not now fooled nor deceived by nuance in tone, attitude, or writings. You do have a nice day as I will be sure to have plenty of them myself as the Lord wills. . . . . One more little thing, Team Trump's "designated hitter"  on this one article gave it a go at it! (Chuckles.)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Just take a look at the videos on YT of Trump's best words 2018 and 2019 to know that Trump should just STFU.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 years ago

One of the biggest proofs of how bad the TDS is here on NTers is when folks try to equate Trumps and Biden’s mental acuity.

Biden is clearly much worse off but radicals here still insist he is not.    Which is amazing really.    To use a concept others here love to use: It’s possibly one of the most intellectual dishonest comments that’s ever been made here on NT.

Amazing!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago
One of the biggest proofs of how bad the TDS is here on NTers is when folks try to equate Trumps and Biden’s mental acuity.

Even more ridiculous (to me) is how people have been diagnosing Trump as either insane or suffering from dementia since 2016, and that's just fine. That's allowed. But if you even inquire into Biden's mental acuity, it's crass ageism and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @4.1    4 years ago

I know .... it’s crazy, unhinged really .....

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Tacos! @4.1    4 years ago

I do not think of Donald as insane - as in asylum-worthy - or homebound. And I certainly do not dare to diagnose him with dementia. What I allow is Donald is a compulsive liar and deceitful. Both are wrong for a public servant, but importantly, the two things require consistency to a point to hold together. It is sort of the "soap opera episodic" approach.

Again, Russia is behind the Biden unwell propaganda. Let's 'starve' the Russian beast!

CB
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago

"Amazing" you say, but I see no clear statement (or report) on the acuity of Biden or Trump in your comment. Waiting for the wonder to strike me. Do you have something to display? If so, go for it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.2    4 years ago

Yes, opinions do vary .... greatly evidently .....

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.1    4 years ago

Something material  to display? Waiting. . . .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.2.2    4 years ago

Need material?    Follow current events.    There are plenty of them.   Even considering Biden has been more or less hiding in his basement the last few months.

More will follow ..... many many more.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.4  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.3    4 years ago

You're too laid-back on your material exhibits. I can't see any. Therefore, is it even real or imaginary?

We need responsible Americans who have a zeal for the truth and nothing but the truth in this country. Respect is a two-way street. If Russia won't respect our elections, at least, we prescriptively should tell and display to Putin and his internet trolls we are not their collective 'tools' crafted to destroy ourselves.

Just imagine, Russian internet trolls laughing at well, us, for being complicit in them getting a 'payday' at home!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.2.4    4 years ago

Nah, that laughing you hear are all the Americans wondering why anyone would need examples of Biden gaffes and mental slips.

The examples are clear and copious to anyone with a heartbeat and an internet connection .... but just in case, you better check under your rack to see if there’s a Russian bot down there laughing.

Better safe than sorry I always say ......

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.6  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.5    4 years ago

In that case, (sigh) I will reclaim my time.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.2.6    4 years ago

Too late .....

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.8  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.7    4 years ago

Well since you can't just move on without throwing shit out behind you:

1. Donald Trump still makes his ties, suits, and shirt brands in China - that's a gaffe. 
  2. Donald Trump using phrasing like, "China virus" when it is now the "Trump virus" that is our nation's problem is a gaffe.
  3. Moreover, anybody can see that the "first daughter" has x trademarks in China that her dad is insufferably squandering favor over. That is a gaffe!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.7    4 years ago

Notice how the left's mantra about it being a "global world" nowadays never seems to apply to things made in China for certain companies?

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.10  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    4 years ago

I don't care where Donald makes his stuff. He is the one who using his mouth and policy to divide China from the rest of us. He just needs to stop being an ass to his personal and private manufacturers. The virus we are dealing with is six months now the Trump virus. And here is a "$" buy a clue!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.2.8    4 years ago
Well since you can't just move on without throwing shit out behind you:

When are you going to get it CB?

This article is not about me.

One wonders if you will ever truly grasp that concept here on NT.

1. Donald Trump still makes his ties, suits, and shirt brands in China - that's a gaffe. 
  2. Donald Trump using phrasing like, "China virus" when it is now the "Trump virus" that is our nation's problem is a gaffe.
  3. Moreover, anybody can see that the "first daughter" has x trademarks in China that her dad is insufferably squandering favor over. That is a gaffe!

Only to those kooky, crazy, liberal cats on the left with chronic butt hurt ....  but Pfizer does love that group of triggered hipsters.    They sure do.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    4 years ago

Lol .... i know ..... it's pretty hilarious really.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @4.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.14  seeder  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.11    4 years ago

That hardly qualifies as a criticism, and smacks of Trump-RINO.

CB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  CB    4 years ago

Trump's ABC Town Hall with George Stephanopoulos:

To cap off the coronavirus portion of the town hall, Trump defended his unscientific claims about how Covid-19 will “disappear” on its own, without robust government intervention, even after Stephanopoulos pointed out the high cost of that approach.

“It would go away without the vaccine, George,” Trump said.

“It would go away without the vaccine?” Stephanopoulos followed up.

“Sure,” Trump said, “over a period of time.”

“And many deaths,” Stephanopoulos said, alluding to the fact that pursuing “herd immunity” without vaccinations could result in as many as 3 million Americans dying.

“And you’ll develop, like, a herd mentality,” Trump said. . . .

Okay, what the heaven is a "herd mentality" and what does it have to do with the Coronavirus?  Please proceed, conservatives. . . .