╌>

'Transsexual Satanist anarchist' whose slogan is 'f*** the police' wins GOP nomination for New Hampshire county sheriff

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  34 comments

By:   Adam Schrader (The US Sun)

'Transsexual Satanist anarchist' whose slogan is 'f*** the police' wins GOP nomination for New Hampshire county sheriff
ARIA DiMezzo, a "transsexual Satanist anarchist," has nabbed the Republican nomination in the sheriff's race of a New Hampshire county while running with the campaign slogan "F**k the Police." DiMe…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• Adam Schrader
  • Sep 12 2020, 17:45 ET
  • Updated: Sep 12 2020, 17:47 ET

ARIA DiMezzo, a "transsexual Satanist anarchist," has nabbed the Republican nomination in the sheriff's race of a New Hampshire county while running with the campaign slogan "F**k the Police."

DiMezzo, a Libertarian, said in a blog post that "totally oblivious" citizens "wouldn't have voted" for her if they had researched the candidates on the ballot.

3Aria DiMezzo has won the Republican nomination for the sheriff's seat of a New Hampshire countyCredit: Facebook / Aria DiMezzo, Anarchist3DiMezzo is a self-described 'transsexual Satanist anarchist'Credit: Facebook / Aria DiMezzo, Anarchist3DiMezzo is the High Priestess of the Reformed Satanic ChurchCredit: Facebook / Aria DiMezzo, Anarchist

"You feel betrayed. You may even be wondering how the party that you so believed in could do something like this. But, odds are, you're blaming me," DiMezzo wrote.

DiMezzo, the High Priestess of the Reformed Satanic Church, said she's running for the law enforcement position to oppose the "reckless" partisan electoral system that allowed her to become the Republican nominee.

"More than 4,000 people went into the voting booth on September 8 this week, and they all filled in the circle by my name despite knowing absolutely nothing about the person they were nominating to the most powerful law enforcement position in the county." DiMezzo wrote.

She added: "The system that let you down by allowing me-the freaking transsexual Satanist anarchist-be your sheriff candidate is the same system I'm attacking. I'm sorry, and I know it hurts to hear, but that system is a lie."

DiMezzo added that she won the election for the same reasons Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016.

"What of Donald Trump, a Democrat who won the Republican nomination for President for exactly the same reasons I just won the Republican nomination for Cheshire County Sheriff? It's all a lie. It's all broken," DiMezzo said.

She also slammed both Republicans and Democrats as "parties of hostility, aggression, taxation, military-style policing" -- but praised the informed citizens of a grassroots campaign to write-in Earl Nelson, another long-time Republican candidate who announced he was not running in this election.

"One person did their research prior to the election, and he spread what he found everywhere. Good on him. That is a person I respect," DiMezzo said.

DiMezzo will face off against Sheriff Eli Rivera in the November election.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
NINTCHDBPICT000607924563.jpg     NINTCHDBPICT000607924569.jpg
DiMezzo, the High Priestess of the Reformed Satanic Church, said she's running for the law enforcement position to oppose the "reckless" partisan electoral system that allowed her to become the Republican nominee. "More than 4,000 people went into the voting booth on September 8 this week, and they all filled in the circle by my name despite knowing absolutely nothing about the person they were nominating to the most powerful law enforcement position in the county." DiMezzo wrote.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Does this mean the GOP is going to hell ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Does this mean the usual suspects will be by shortly to bitch and whine about someone religious being nominated?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    4 years ago
[removed]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

I assumed this was from The Onion... but just to be sure I googled it.

Holy shit! We knew that Republican electors were... disconnected... but this is amazing!

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

I didn't believe the headline of the article so I double-checked it. 

We are now living in a parallel universe.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

Republican candidates run from QAnon to Reformed Satanic Church.

Big tent, indeed!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago
We are now living in a parallel universe.

We'll know for sure when Trump grabs her "pussy" during his next campaign swing through New Hampshire. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

I'm not going to flag that because I know you were just trying to be funny, you know, the class clown. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
6  SteevieGee    4 years ago

The comedy writes itself.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7  Ronin2    4 years ago

Seems the left have jumped the shark again. They are assuming that all of those voting for her in the primary were registered Republicans.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • New Hampshire state law provides for semi-closed primaries , meaning that a voter generally must be registered as a party member in order to participate in that party's primary. A previously unaffiliated voter can participate in the primary of his or her choice.

Just to prove the point. Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary in the New Hampshire primary by garnering the Independent voters that chose to vote in the Democratic primary.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
7.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Ronin2 @7    4 years ago

That may be true but if no republicans had voted for here she wouldn't have been nominated.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8  Drakkonis    4 years ago
"More than 4,000 people went into the voting booth on September 8 this week, and they all filled in the circle by my name despite knowing absolutely nothing about the person they were nominating to the most powerful law enforcement position in the county." DiMezzo wrote.

It isn't that the system is broken, as DiMezzo claims. It is that they voted simply for the identifier "Republican" on the ballot. That really isn't something that can be easily fixed. You can't easily make someone do the research. How do you invent a system where people must do the research on a person before voting? How do we go about ensuring that they have? Can anyone besides me see the problem with requiring a test before being allowed to vote? For instance, what if the examiner is voting for the other guy?  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1  Gordy327  replied to  Drakkonis @8    4 years ago
That really isn't something that can be easily fixed. You can't easily make someone do the research.

What's the saying: "you can't fix stupid."

Can anyone besides me see the problem with requiring a test before being allowed to vote?

I'm beginning to think a basic IQ test might be a good thing before one is allowed to vote.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Gordy327 @8.1    4 years ago

make it a basic citizenship test. we won't be able to hear ourselves yell above all the howling on the right.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.3  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

No need. Demonstrating basic competence in spoken and written English would eliminate most.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Gordy327  replied to    4 years ago

Not at all.  I'm not sure how you took that away from my post.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  devangelical @8.1.3    4 years ago
Demonstrating basic competence in spoken and written English would eliminate most.

I'm thinking a basic high school diploma would suffice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
Are you calling for Jim Crow laws?

Clearly racist policies being pushed here.

I guess old habits might be hard to break, eh?

They don't seem to have  any problem at all with suppressing voters.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8.1.7  Drakkonis  replied to  devangelical @8.1.3    4 years ago
No need. Demonstrating basic competence in spoken and written English would eliminate most.

That might be a part of the solution. We need to recognize English as the national language. Good idea, devangelical. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1.9  Gordy327  replied to  Drakkonis @8.1.7    4 years ago
We need to recognize English as the national language.

On that, I agree!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.11  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @8.1.3    4 years ago

That would include most voters for Democrats

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1.12  Gordy327  replied to    4 years ago

Not even close. And note that I never actually called for an IQ test.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Drakkonis @8    4 years ago

"The system" goes beyond this particular election.

My guess is that a very large majority of voters do not know the people they vote for. "Sheriff" is an important post... that really should not be politicized. Cops should enforce the law and protect the public. 

In Arizona, the job is politicized much too often. We've had Joe Arpaio, and several like him. How can a voter react to an Arpaio? If we were all conscientious citizens, we would systematically vote against any candidate who politicizes the job... but some of us think that Joe's political agenda is more important than keeping law enforcement non-political.

"The system" is only as good as the voters. That's not very good.... 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.2    4 years ago
"The system" is only as good as the voters. That's not very good.... 

What do you think the solution might be, then? 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Drakkonis @8.2.1    4 years ago

I don't know. As Churchill said, "Democracy is a very bad system of government; it is only the least bad of all that have been attempted." 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9  Gsquared    4 years ago

"A future Republican Star!"

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

There you have it, the voice of the GOP.