╌>

'The Karen' Is the Most Fitting Halloween Costume for 2020 ............This October, mask up like you want to speak to Halloween's manager.

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  5 comments

'The Karen' Is the Most Fitting Halloween Costume for 2020 ............This October, mask up like you want to speak to Halloween's manager.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Although Halloween is still more than six weeks away, it looks like the costume of the year might be "The Karen." One Etsy seller is   offering Karen wigs , styled in that asymmetrical haircut that has become synonymous with screaming about having to wear a mask at Wegmans, and leaving one-star reviews for understaffed chain restaurants. 

An Amazon seller (whose store is called "Funny Halloween Shirts Internet Memes")   has printed   $25 shirts that say "I Want to Speak to the Manager: This is My Karen Costume," while Look Human   goes with   "THIS IS MY SCARY KAREN COSTUME," adding that this T-shirt is all you need to "pretend to be entitled and toxic." 

And Jason Adcock, a Los Angeles artist, has added made-to-order latex Karen masks   on his Etsy shop , calling it "the scariest thing you can be." Each $180 mask is handmade, with painted makeup, blond hair, and a scrunched open-mouthed expression that looks like she was sculpted while screaming "ALL LIVES MATTER" in a stranger's face. 

"I was quarantining at home and wanted to make a new mask. I just started sculpting, and out came Karen," he said. "I've spent most of my life working retail in the cosmetics industry, so I have seen countless Karens in their natural habitat." 

Adcock says that he's been making the masks as a way to pay his bills during the pandemic, but it's not easy work: Each Karen takes him between four and six weeks to complete. And it's both disappointing and unsurprising to learn that some people aren't hype about his latest creation. "For the most part the response has been positive and fun, but I have gotten a few death threats, a lot of people saying it's racist, or that I should be disgusted with myself," he said. "But if the one thing you're pressed up about right now is a rubber Halloween mask of an angry lady, you need to wake up. People are literally being killed every day for their race and gender identity."

If you're   still   upset about his hand-crafted Karens, he has another suggestion: "If your name is the only thing that defines you, you should be at Camp Crystal Lake wearing a hockey mask [and] terrorizing camp counselors." 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I think she's Trump's new press secretary. 

_v=63f541600199321

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Looks like Nancy Pelosi. Did she model for it?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 years ago
"But if the one thing you're pressed up about right now is a rubber Halloween mask of an angry lady, you need to wake up. People are literally being killed every day for their race and gender identity."

There is always something worse. That doesn't make everything else ok. People can bothered by more than one thing.

"If your name is the only thing that defines you, you should be at Camp Crystal Lake wearing a hockey mask [and] terrorizing camp counselors." 

That's not a great analogy. Nobody turned Jason into a meme such that everyone who commits murder is referred to as "a Jason." Maybe if his mom, sister, best friend, wife, or daughter were named Karen, he wouldn't think it was so awesome.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

My vote goes to the angry, TDS ridden cry baby mask:

A perfect fit for your average, suburban "resist Trump" advocate ....... pop a vein people, pop a vein ....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     4 years ago

LOL , i would likely go through the antifa , mugshot seeds pictures if i had either masks and use some markers and different elements from the mugshots , eye shadow here , face tattoo there , , that sort of thing . or just stick with the scary clown theme.