╌>

AOC says Ginsburg's death should 'radicalize' Dems: 'I need you to be ready'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  73 comments

By:   Marisa Schultz (Fox News)

AOC says Ginsburg's death should 'radicalize' Dems: 'I need you to be ready'
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., mourned the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as "earth-shattering" and said the balance of democracy now hinged on who would succeed her on the Supreme Court.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., mourned the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as "earth-shattering" and said the balance of democracy now hinged on who would succeed her on the Supreme Court.

The freshman "Squad" leader urged her supporters not to despair, but rather mobilize in a mass way because reproductive rights, marriage equality, labor protections, climate change and health care were now all at a "tipping point."

"Let this moment radicalize you," Ocasio-Cortez said late Friday in a social media video. "Let this moment really put everything into stark focus because this election has always been about the fight of and for our lives. And if anything, tonight is making that more clear to more people than ever before."

In an Instagram live video posted around 10:30 p.m, the freshman Democrat urged some 45,000 people watching to double-check their voter registration immediately, organize for the election and reach out to friends and family to get them to turn out.

"I need you to be ready," Ocasio-Cortez said.

"No president is the answer," she added. "You are the answer. Mass movements are the answer."

Ocasio-Cortez said she jumped on the live video to address those grieving the loss of Ginsburg and who were "scared" about the future. She spoke for about 40 minutes about the gravity of the vacancy and how important it was to keep up the fight for Democrats to win in November.

She alluded to Joe Biden's unpopularity among progressives who preferred that Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., be the party's nominee, but said November is about survival.

"We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not," Ocasio-Cortez told her supporters.

"We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not." — U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.

"Voting for Joe Biden is not about whether you agree with him. It's a vote to let our democracy live another day," she added.

Ocasio-Cortez, 30, the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, stressed that the loss of the liberal icon put the rights of Americans in jeopardy with conservatives in control of the Supreme Court.

"It's earth-shattering," Ocasio-Cortez said. "This kind of vacancy and this kind of tipping point is the difference between people having reproductive rights, and the government controlling people's bodies for them.

"… This kind of vacancy is the difference between us having health care and not. It's the difference between us having a future and our climate or not, and the timing of this vacancy is extremely unsettling and scary to a lot of people."

She blasted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., claiming he planned to violate Ginsburg's "dying wish."

McConnell had announced within hours of the justice's death that he would hold a Senate vote on President Trump's next nominee - an opposite stance to 2016, when McConnell blocked then-President Obama's nominee Merrick Garland until after the election.

"If Mitch McConnell is not going to honor RBG's final wish, we will," Ocasio-Cortez said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

AOC is a voice for positive change in America and the youth of this nation should heed her advice. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    4 years ago

AOC is considered by many to be a scatterbrained idealistic idiot. RBG's passing will really energize the Republicans. It's absolutely critical that a conservative justice be in the process of being confirmed by election day. To preserve their careers, Collins and Murkowski need to be loyal to their party's wishes

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 years ago
AOC is considered by many to be a scatterbrained idealistic idiot

aoc cries at empty parking lot fences and joe waves to imaginary friends at airports... 

birds of a feather - 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1    4 years ago
AOC is considered by many to be a scatterbrained idealistic idiot

Interesting description coming from Trump supporters who promote the biggest idiot in American history. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

sorry john.  we ain't buying what your selling. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    4 years ago

So people aren't dying from a highly infectious virus? It is all fake? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.3    4 years ago
It is all fake? 

the chinese plague is real enough.  how is that on topic? 

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.5  lib50  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.4    4 years ago

The Trump Virus has already killed over 200,000 Americans.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.4    4 years ago
joe waves to imaginary friends at airports... 

That is how it is on topic. Biden is treating the pandemic as a real thing, a serious issue, and taking his supporters wellbeing in mind by mandating public health recommendations made by state and FEDERAL (Donald fuck ass Trump's own officials) recommendations. 

Where dip shit is holding large in person gatherings with no protection and basically saying "don't worry about the 1000 people a day dying in the US, just tell me how awesome I am."

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.6    4 years ago
Biden is treating the pandemic as a real thing

by imagining / pretending supporters are at that airport when they are not?

LOL

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.3    4 years ago

Cities aren't burning because Democrats are allowing their Brown Shirts to burn them?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ronin2  replied to  lib50 @2.1.5    4 years ago

Only in TDS land did Trump cause the Virus. 

China lied about the virus and allowed it to spread to the rest of the world. That is a fact. Whether the TDS driven deny it or not.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    4 years ago

"  radicalize "

that is a bad thing for a member of congress to say     

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

She is absolutely right. I am pretty sure our democracy is officially dead with Mcshittle's announcement Friday night that the GOP senate will not adhere to even their own rules when it comes to SCOTUS nominations. He basically announced that there no longer are any rules, the SCOTUS is a purely political body to be manipulated by those in power at the moment, and I sincerely hope the Democrats get that fucking message. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    4 years ago
He basically announced that there no longer are any rules

Let's see. The Constitution says that the president appoints people to the Supreme Court and that the Senate consents to that appointment. Those are the rules and they are being followed. 

The only ones not following the rules are those liberals and Democrats that , in typical fashion, threaten rioting and violence if they don't get their way. They sound more like two year olds rather than adults. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  arkpdx @4.1    4 years ago
The Constitution says that the president appoints people to the Supreme Court and that the Senate consents to that appointment. Those are the rules and they are being followed. 

Yep, but it also sets no limits on the number of judges. If the GOP, after making such a big fuss about nominating a justice during an election year and the American people and some other shit in 2016, push through a replacement for RBG in the next 5 months, that will destroy public confidence in the SCOTUS. 

If the confidence in the SCOTUS is already shattered, then who gives a fuck if there are 30 justices instead of 9? What difference does it make, we all know the outcome will be whatever the party in power wants it to be. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    4 years ago

Like confidence in the Supreme Court wouldn't be shattered if a bed wetting liberal justice that wiped their ass with the Constitution on a daily basis was added. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    4 years ago
If the GOP, after making such a big fuss about nominating a justice during an election year and the American people and some other shit in 2016, push through a replacement for RBG in the next 5 months, that will destroy public confidence in the SCOTUS.

Why should the grownups in this country allow such a reaction? The shenanigans in the Senate or the White House are not the responsibility of the individual justices, nor the Court as a whole. They have earned and deserve respect on their own merit.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
"If Mitch McConnell is not going to honor RBG's final wish, we will," Ocasio-Cortez said.

I must have missed "the final wish" section of the constitution.

citation please.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    4 years ago

You are entirely right. And my hope is that if the Democrats win the presidency and the Senate they expand the SCOTUS to create a liberal majority. I missed the "9 justices" section of the constitution. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1    4 years ago
And my hope is that if the Democrats win the presidency

whatever gets ya thru the night.

biden is not going to win.

it will be decades before the left has the ability to add to the supreme court

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1    4 years ago

Sure and then in 4 years Later  the republicans will add 11 justices.  Or 15.. and the judiciary  will be destroyed as an independent branch of government. 

Democrats saw reason the last time a power mad president tried to pack the court.  Are they still patriotic enough to stand up for the country over party?

funny how trump is Called a fascist dictator, and he never even considered packing the court to get his way in cases before it. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.2    4 years ago
he never even considered packing the court to get his way in cases before it. 

You are kidding right, Sean? So Trump is going to nominate a moderate justice like Obama did with Merrick Garland, who was overlooked twice before by Obama for his moderate stance.

I would be good with a moderate. Would you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.2    4 years ago

We have numerous current republican senators on the record as saying that would not vote for an election year SC nominee in 2020, since that is the case, why are they being tempted to go back on their word by Trump and McConnell? 

If the Court is destroyed it will be by these kind of games. 

You talk about the Democrats escalating the rhetoric about the Court, but that is exactly what the Republicans are doing now. We already have the word of enough Republican senators that they would not vote yes on a 2020 nominee to force the issue off the table. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.3    4 years ago
? So Trump is going to nominate a moderate justice like Obama did with Me

First, what does that have to do with Court packing?

First, I don't think you know what moderate means.  After all, he nominated two moderate justices already. Remember, Republicans are the ones who nominate moderates who will vote with the liberal borg on occasion. Democratic justices, and Garland would be included, never break with their peers to vote give the "conservatives" a win. The last moderate nominated by a Democrat was Whizzer White, nominated by Kennedy.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.5    4 years ago

Sean,

I am not discussing packing the court. Look at my question.

I made a point of saying that Obama's 2 other picks were liberal and you just totally ignored it since I didn't spell it out for you. The reason he chose Garland at the end was that Obama thought he would be acceptable to the Republicans, which meant moderate. But the Republicans are not interested in moderates and or can't even identify one. And now you are trying to predict how Merrick Garland would vote. You can't. Just because you don't consider him a moderate, doesn't mean he isn't. His recorded shows he is.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.2    4 years ago
Sure and then in 4 years Later  the republicans will add 11 justices.  Or 15.. and the judiciary  will be destroyed as an independent branch of government. 

It already is. Bitch McConnell killed it on Friday.

Democrats saw reason the last time a power mad president tried to pack the court.  Are they still patriotic enough to stand up for the country over party?

I certainly hope not because when only one side play by the "rules" that side loses. I want the Democrats to be just as dirty as the GOP.\

funny how trump is Called a fascist dictator

In his dreams, he is waaaay too stupid. 

and he never even considered packing the court to get his way in cases before it.

He just did literally everything else including openly criticizing and pressuring the justices. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.6    4 years ago
ther picks were liberal and you just totally ignored it since I didn't spell it out for you

No, it appears you ignored my point since I didn't spell it out for you, so I will make it explicit. Just because Barrack Obama calls someone a moderate does not, in fact, make it so. There would be no functional difference between Garland and Sotomayor or Ginsburg. A Democratic appointed judge  is a liberal vote is a liberal vote is a liberal vote. . An actual moderate is someone who is at least persuadable in those important cases that end up with conservative/liberal splits.  Gorsuch, as we saw with the Trans case or Oklahoma case, will side with the liberals if he thinks it's the correct call. A Democratic President will never, ever nominate a moderate like Gorsuch. If Obama had nominated Gorsuch, he would have been confirmed. 

That's the way it's played out for decades.  Republicans  nominate justices who will switch sides as the case dictates to them, Democrats nominate hard left justices.  When the votes are counted Garland is indistinguishable from any of the other Democratic judges who always vote the way the DNC would want. 

But the Republicans are not interested in moderates and or can't even identify on

That's simply bullshit. Imagine claiming that after decades when it's been Republican appointed justices, and only Republican appointed justices, who've switched to provide the other block with a 5-4 win. 

His recorded shows he is.

Okay, show me which cases he voted against liberal orthodoxy and voted with Republicans. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.7    4 years ago
Bitch McConnell killed it on Friday.

Do you even know how the Constitution works? 

I certainly hope not because when only one side play by the "rules" that side loses. 

Yeah, the Republicans have been burned by playing by the rules for decades since Democrats started borking justices. 

Republicans always approved Democratic nominees who weren't corrupt, then Democrats started blocking supreme Court justices based on ideology. Republicans played by the old rules and supported far left nominees like Ginsburg while Democrats opposed every conservative nominee. Then, when Bush was President, they started to filibuster circuit court justices, another unprecedented escalation. Republicans refused to go nuclear and allowed nominees to be stopped for things like being "Latino."  Then far left Senators like Barrack Obama started to filibuster Supreme Court nominees based on ideology.  Another escalation.. And then, in Bush's final year, Schumer announced the Democrats wouldn't confirm another Bush nominee. 

Then Obama became President and the Democrats escalated the situation again, going nuclear and removing the filibuster of judicial appellate nominees.  Finally. at the end of the Obama Presidency, the Republicans caught up to where the Democrats were in 1987 and blocked a nominee based on idealogly. 

And now, after 30 plus years of waging war on the confirmation process, Democrats are openly planning to pack the Supreme Court with partisan soldiers and ruin the Court forever.  Meanwhile, those damn Republicans simply want to follow the process of confirming a nominee with majority support in the Senate.  The horror!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.9    4 years ago
Do you even know how the Constitution works?

Yes. What is your question? 

And now, after 30 plus years of waging war on the confirmation process, Democrats are openly planning to pack the Supreme Court with partisan soldiers and ruin the Court forever. 

Well no, that is the GOP threatening that. I am saying that if they do, and the Democrats gain the majority and the presidency, then fuck the old rules because obviously the other side isn't playing by them. 

Would you agree that no justice should be appointed until the election is settled? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.10    4 years ago

No

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.12  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.11    4 years ago

SO the party in charge of the White House and Senate can do what they like with the SCOTUS?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.10    4 years ago
What is your question?

if you understand how the Constitution works, you would not claim that McConnell "killed" the Supreme Court by promising to  exercise his Constitutional power. A Vacancy to the Court has occurred.  If the Senate approves of the President's nominee, the nominee will be confirmed. So as it ever was.  

that is the GOP threatening that. 

When did the GOP threaten to add justices to the Court?  If Trump and the Republicans wanted to pack the Court, they've had almost 4 years to do so.  They've never attempted to do that. 

fuck the old rules because obviously the other side isn't playing by them. 

As I've pointed out, it's the Republicans who've been burned for 30 plus years by playing by the old rules. The Democrats have escalated every time they've had the chance too. We've gone from deference to the President's nominee's  to brute majoritarian politics and it started with Kennedy and Biden attacking Robert Bork in 1987. Thanks to the Democrats partisan politics is all that matter for confirmations. 

Would you agree that no justice should be appointed until the election is settled? 

Nope, if there 51 votes to confirm go ahead and confirm. Do you really think, if Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate in 2024, they won't confirm a nominee with majority support? The idea is persposterous. Republicans are finally playing by the same rules Democrats have been for decades. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.14  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.13    4 years ago
if you understand how the Constitution works, you would not claim that McConnell "killed" the Supreme Court by promising to  exercise his Constitutional power.

Okay... I will try to explain this as simply as I can. If Mcconnell passes a justice through before January, that justice will be seen as illegitimate by a majority of the country. It will be seen as a purely political ploy, and will send the message that the SCOTUS is a political body meant to carry out the party's will. The SCOTUS will lose its legitimacy. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.15  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.13    4 years ago
Nope, if there 51 votes to confirm go ahead and confirm. Do you really think, if Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate in 2024, they won't confirm a nominee with majority support? The idea is persposterous. Republicans are finally playing by the same rules Democrats have been for decades. 

Fine, we will say you are right. I want the Dems to change the rules again. All indications are that our third branch of government will no longer be legitimate in the near future, so what the fuck does it matter? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.8    4 years ago

Sean,

I never said that Just because Barrack Obama calls someone a moderate does not... you are putting words in my mouth. I specifically said that his record speaks for itself. 

Okay, show me which cases he voted against liberal orthodoxy and voted with Republicans. 

OK here:

Conservatives are already pointing to his vote to rehear a gun rights case, voicing concerns that he could lean to the left on Second Amendment issues.

Liberal groups, though, have seized on his decisions on the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, claiming they show he'd side with the court's conservative wing on criminal justice

And from the Houston Chron:

According to   The Houston Chronicle   in 2010:

Garland is regarded by legal scholars as a moderate, and he is well respected by both Democrats and Republicans in Washington. [13] [12]

Please note the year was 2010, so you can't say that they made this comment because of politics in an election year.

I would say he does not have a specific agenda.

There would be no functional difference between Garland and Sotomayor or Ginsburg.

I love how you say stuff without backing it up. Behold the voting records of the court. Notice that with slight variations, the conservatives vote one way and the liberals voted the other, and Ginsberg and Roberts voted very similarly with slight variation.

There was a reason that the conservative members kept it quiet about how sick she was. It was because they respected her and knew she was not an ideologue. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.12    4 years ago

I didn't write that. 

the President can nominate and the Senate can confirm or reject.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.14    4 years ago

so really that shows a tremendous amount of disdain for the Court and its members

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.19  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.17    4 years ago

I asked a question.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.19    4 years ago

and?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.12    4 years ago

no.

I don't see anyone saying that.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.22  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.7    4 years ago
I want the Democrats to be just as dirty as the GOP.\

if given the same set of circumstances the left would surely nominate and seat a new justice.

so...  you already have what your asking for.     enjoy.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.23  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.12    4 years ago

Yes, just like the Democrats would do in a heart beat if they held both. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    4 years ago

You could fill an encyclopedia with what Trump and his supporters have missed/ignored that's in the Constitution....

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.2    4 years ago

Oh please do inform us what some of those would be

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.2  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.2    4 years ago
ou could fill an encyclopedia with what Trump and his supporters have missed/ignored that's in the Constitution....

Really?

Show us what would be on the first page of this imaginary encyclopedia you dreamed up.

Here, let me start it for you...

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.2    4 years ago
You could fill an encyclopedia with what Trump and his supporters have missed/ignored that's in the Constitution

bring the list, with links.

tks :)

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.4  bugsy  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.3    4 years ago

Well, magic, here it is almost a full day later and the crickets are still chirping.

Seems like some folks simply like to spew bullshit because they know others that think like them are going to do nothing but nod their head in a sheeple fashion,

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    4 years ago

Ironic people that cried about 'legislating from the bench', for years, over the last few years have been packing all the courts with as many ultra conservative people as possible.

The one candidate being pushed on fox news has said she would revisit old precedent and over turn some things.

The nutjob even said she would overturn Brown vs Board Of Education and Roe vs Wade.

Welcome to religious theocracy. I am starting to hate this country. People are going to end up getting what they deserve.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ender @6    4 years ago

While I agree with you about people complaining about 'legislating from the bench', both Republicans and Dems have been doing it since Clinton, which is kind of sad. It was not what was intended by the Constitution. 

Don't hate the country. Make your voice heard and fight back. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    4 years ago

I am almost to the point where I think, what is the point?

When we have people that continue to think the virus is a hoax, people that refuse to wear a mask during a pandemic, voting for people that are known conspiracy theorists, wanting to put someone like Ted Cruz in the Supreme Court (think about that one for a minute, Ted Cruz!), thinking donald was sent by God and actually defend if not worship everything he does, even though he has to be one of the most crooked people around...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @6.1.1    4 years ago

I hear you, it is suicide inducing. I do think from time to time that if an alien species were to come across us, and look at the US, they might wipe us out and judge us to be too stupid for our own brains. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @6.1.1    4 years ago
When we have people that continue to think the virus is a hoax, people that refuse to wear a mask during a pandemic, voting for people that are known conspiracy theorists, wanting to put someone like Ted Cruz in the Supreme Court (think about that one for a minute, Ted Cruz!), thinking donald was sent by God and actually defend if not worship everything he does, even though he has to be one of the most crooked people around...

Over the past 30 years, populist right wing media has created millions of morons. Unfortunately we can't just snap our fingers and have them all disappear,  or shut up.  It's going to take a little time.  Frankly, a better world will have to wait for a lot of them to die off. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    4 years ago

The problem with that is, they breed like rabbits.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ender @6.1.1    4 years ago

Ender,

None of what you say is new, it's just that it's spoken about freely as opposed to quiet chatrooms where people thought they could never say or do these things. 

And btw... the behavior in this pandemic is no different than that in 1918. We just don't have as many dead because we have better medical knowledge and tools. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @6    4 years ago
and he never even considered packing the court to get his way in cases before it.

I have already told my wife that when things get too stupid, we will just leave. I love the US, I volunteered my life for this country. But like a drug addict I will not sit idly by while it destroys itself, if it will not listen to reason, then I will leave. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2    4 years ago

See comment 6.3

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.3  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @6    4 years ago
I am starting to hate this country.

Bye! Don't let the border gate hit you in the way out. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @6.3    4 years ago

One thing I will enjoy, watching people wallow in what they have sown. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.3.2  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @6.3.1    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @6.3.2    4 years ago

Don't forget the puppies!

Ender
Professor Principal
6.3.4  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @6.3.2    4 years ago

If that is all you have, weak...

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.3.5  bugsy  replied to  Ender @6.3.1    4 years ago
One thing I will enjoy, watching people wallow in what they have sown. 

Yep, we've been watching that play out in liberal cities and  states for several months...er, years now.

Burn, baby burn, right?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @6    4 years ago
I am starting to hate this country.

people who hate our country do not get to govern it.

cheers :)

Ender
Professor Principal
6.4.1  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.4    4 years ago

So one cannot hate how it is being governed?

Sad that you actually think that way.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.4.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @6.4.1    4 years ago

you said you hate the country.

would you would like to amend your statement to  "love the country but hate the process?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.4.3  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.4.2    4 years ago

Yep. Starting to. When there is ideologues, morons and hatred getting all the attention.

Oh yeah, the process has been perverted.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.4.4  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @6.4.3    4 years ago
When there is ideologues, morons and hatred getting all the attention.

Yeah! I am getting tired of all those idiot leftists rioting in Portland ever ight too. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.4.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  arkpdx @6.4.4    4 years ago

I like how the left can burn cites, destroy people's business and lives for political gains.  and then try to lecture us about how the process has been perverted as if they hold the moral high ground or something /

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    4 years ago

If it was her wish to be replaced by a liberal, she should have had the good sense to resign when Obama was president.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

they never thought hillary would lose in a million years...  LOL

the left played the race card

hillary played the woman card

but america played the trump card :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
AOC Says Ginsburg's Death Should 'Radicalize' Dems: 'I Need You To Be Ready'

be ready for federal sedition charges, 1million dollar bail and 20yrs or so behind bars.

all that and more can be yours - signing up is free :)