╌>

Revealed: pro-Trump activists plotted violence ahead of Portland rallies

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  53 comments

By:    Jason Wilson and Robert Evans 27 mins ago (MSN)

Leaked chat logs show Portland-area pro-Trump activists planning and training for violence, sourcing arms and ammunition and even suggesting political assassinations ahead of a series of contentious rallies in the Oregon city, including one scheduled for this weekend. The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa, show conversations between Oregon members of the Patriots Coalition growing more...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Leaked chat logs show Portland-area pro-Trump activists planning and training for violence, sourcing arms and ammunition and even suggesting political assassinations ahead of a series of contentious rallies in the Oregon city, including one scheduled for this weekend.

The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa, show conversations between Oregon members of the Patriots Coalition growing more extreme as they discuss armed confrontations with leftwing Portland activists, and consume a steady diet of online disinformation about protests and wildfires.

At times, rightwing activists discuss acts of violence at recent, contentious protests, which in some cases they were recorded carrying out. At one point, David Willis, a felon currently being sued for his alleged role in an earlier episode of political violence, joins a discussion about the use of paintballs.

Where other members had previously suggested freezing the paintballs for maximum damage, Willis wrote: "They make glass breaker balls that are rubber coated metal. They also have pepper balls but they are about 3 dollars a ball. Don't freeze paintballs it makes them wildly inaccurate" [sic.]

Willis did not immediately respond to voice and text messages sent to his listed cellphone number.

Another prolific poster is Mark Melchi, a 41-year-old Dallas, Oregon-based car restorer who claims to have served as a captain in the US army.

Melchi has been recorded leading an armed pro-Trump militia, "1776 2.0" into downtown confrontations in Portland, including on 22 August. At several points in the chat he proposes violence in advance of those confrontations, and appears to confess to prior acts committed in the company of his paramilitary group.

In advance of the 22 August protest, Melchi wrote: "It's going to be bloody and most likely shooting, they're definitely armed… so let's make sure we have an organized direction of movement and direction of clearing or other Patriots will be caught in the possible cross fire. When shit hits the fan."

He advised other members to ignore weapons statutes, writing, "I saw someone say bats, mace, and stun guns are illegal downtown. If you're going to play by the books tomorrow night, we already lost. We are here to make a change, laws will be broken, people will get hurt… It's lawlessness downtown, and people need to be prepared for bad things."

Following these comments, several rightwing demonstrators were recorded using gas and bats on 22 August, where Melchi and his militia were also present.

In other remarks ahead of the day, Melchi draws on what he claims is his group's history of traveling to multiple states to engage in violence at protests.

"My Group 1776 2.0. Has been fighting Antifa in Seattle, Portland, for months", Melchi writes, adding "this won't be a simple fist fight. People will get shot, stabbed and beat."

He also claims police cooperation in interstate violence, writing "Yes, going after them at night is the solution… Like we do in other states, tactical ambushes at night while backing up the police are key. You get the leaders and the violent ones and the police are happy to shut their mouths and cameras."

Melchi nevertheless recommends that members disguise themselves to avoid the consequences of homicide.

"We must be ready to defend with lethal response… Suggest wearing mask and nothing to identify you on Camera…to prevent any future prosecution."

We are here to make a change, laws will be broken, people will get hurt
Mark Melchi

In response to detailed questions about these contributions, Melchi responded with an email that falsely suggested his comments might have been photoshopped, and concluded with direct threats.

Melchi wrote: "I suggest you don't threaten combat veterans sweetheart, might get a little uncomfortable for ya big guy!"

Melchi's sentiments in the chat logs were in keeping with fantasies of, and plans for, violence, which are constantly discussed by group members.

Although some members are connected with extremist groups or militias, on the whole they describe themselves as "patriots", and they express no clear ideology beyond a hatred of the left, and a preparedness to use violence. The shared allegiances expressed in the group are mostly to the police, the United States and Donald Trump, a person whom some say they are prepared to kill for.

Ahead of 22 August, a user "Paige" says "I'm waiting for the presidential go to start open firing".

Melchi, the militia leader, responds, "Well Saturday may be that go lol".

Alex Newhouse, the digital research lead at the Center for Terrorism, Extremism, and Counterterrorism at the Middlebury Institute, said of the group that "the main mechanism that makes these communities so dangerous is the incessant desensitization to the idea of political violence".

Newhouse said that the ideas expressed in the group were entrenched in "extreme nationalism - that a few strong men with guns can together take out an evil that is at once imagined as an existential threat, and pathetically weak". Newhouse added that the group's discussions "fit within a broader trend of rightwing extremists becoming more accelerationist over time".

The chatlogs became fractious at the peak of Oregon's recent wildfire emergency. While some members said they had gone to rural areas to "hunt" imagined antifa arsonists, others became concerned about the dangers.

As early as 9 September, the baseless idea that the fires were a coordinated arson attack was treated as settled fact, with Melchi writing: "People have officially died from these Antifa Fires. I'd shoot them on site" [sic], and another user, Dub, responding: "Yes sir if I see them they are getting dropped where they stand."

When adverse consequences of vigilantism became evident, leadership attempted to bring the group back under control. After a member of the group reported that an associate had been arrested in Lane county for "holding [someone] at gunpoint", the group's administrator, who used the user name Patriot Coalition, wrote "STOP HOLDING PEOPLE AT GUN POINT- STOP PULLING YOUR WEAPONS… VIDEO- TAKE PICTURES AND CALL 911."

Mary McCord is the legal director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law School, which on Wednesday released a series of fact sheets on anti-paramilitary laws in all 50 states.

Given details of the content of the chats, McCord said that "this is the kind of thing that might allow authorities to take action", and that members of the group may "already be in violation of Oregon's anti-paramilitary laws".

The group also talked about coordinating at the rally with the Proud Boys, an extreme rightwing group. One user, identified as Bravo91 and a part of the group's leadership, spoke of phone calls with the Proud Boys.

Along with antifascist demonstrators, Democratic politicians are also the target of violent fantasies in the chats. In particular, Portland's mayor, Ted Wheeler, is demonized and nominated as a possible target for assassination by the group.

On 24 August, a user identified as "Trent-Medford" writes, "Fuck wheeler… guess what soon as we are done with these punks. He's next freakin coward !!!!!!"

User T Durden went further. In response to news that an alleged arsonist had been released on bail, and without encountering disagreement, they wrote: "Maybe we need to start taking care of the justice ourselves!", adding, "Start with justice on our DA and then move on to the governor. Maybe by the time we get to the first judge, they will have changed their tunes."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

In other remarks ahead of the day, Melchi draws on what he claims is his group's history of traveling to multiple states to engage in violence at protests.

"My Group 1776 2.0. Has been fighting Antifa in Seattle, Portland, for months", Melchi writes, adding "this won't be a simple fist fight. People will get shot, stabbed and beat."

He also claims police cooperation in interstate violence, writing "Yes, going after them at night is the solution… Like we do in other states, tactical ambushes at night while backing up the police are key. You get the leaders and the violent ones and the police are happy to shut their mouths and cameras."

Melchi nevertheless recommends that members disguise themselves to avoid the consequences of homicide.

"We must be ready to defend with lethal response… Suggest wearing mask and nothing to identify you on Camera…to prevent any future prosecution."

We are here to make a change, laws will be broken, people will get hurt
Mark Melchi

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

DHS intelligence documenting right wing radical participation in the riots is being suppressed at the highest levels.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

They are out to hurt, kill, and/or maim. Some had suspected there was a far right wing element that was actually at the bottom of the violence and it appears they may have been correct.

Where other members had previously suggested freezing the paintballs for maximum damage, Willis wrote: "They make glass breaker balls that are rubber coated metal. They also have pepper balls but they are about 3 dollars a ball. Don't freeze paintballs it makes them wildly inaccurate" [sic.]

That's intention to seriously hurt or kill someone.

Ahead of 22 August, a user "Paige" says "I'm waiting for the presidential go to start open firing".

And if one idiot suggests that these people are not POUTUS supporters.....I will rain down a fire of tickets on my head so fast every one will be shocked

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

I and others have been saying it for some time now, the majority of the violence has been by outside right wing agitators/inciters/killers.  Over 400 instances so far in the peaceful protests, where right wing/trumpturd supporting/outside agitators/inciters/killers have been doing the violence.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    4 years ago

Gee. The right wing held their rally and guess what? No roads were blocked by them. No buildings were sprayed with graffiti. No windows were broken no fires were started. No rocks or bottles were thrown. No stores were looted. Just the opposite of what happens during a left wing "protest"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @1.3.2    4 years ago

not everyone knows or can recognize a peaceful protest after the last 6 months or so.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4  Dulay  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

The really interesting thing I find in this article is the link to the fact sheets. 

All of the ones I checked start with this statement:

What is a militia?
Federal and state laws generally use the term “militia” to refer to all able-bodied residents between certain ages who may be called forth by the government to defend the United States or an individual state. See 10 U.S.C. § 246. When not called forth, they are sometimes referred to as the “unorganized militia.” A group of people who consider themselves part of the able-bodied residents referred to as members of the militia under state or federal law is not legally permitted to activate itself for duty. A private militia that attempts to activate itself for duty, outside of the authority of the state or federal government, is illegal.

So all of these militia dudes that show up the 'back up' the police need to be arrested. Period, full stop. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.5  Drakkonis  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago
The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa...

An unimpeachable source if there ever was one. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.5.1  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @1.5    4 years ago

Is this sarcasm? No tag.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.5.2  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @1.5.1    4 years ago

Yes, sarcasm. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.5.3  cjcold  replied to  Drakkonis @1.5.2    4 years ago

Mom taught me to go for the eyes first.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.5.4  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.5.3    4 years ago

After a few stiff fingered eye and throat strikes the fight is over.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Leaked chat logs?   Seriously?   More fake news?   jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 years ago
More fake news?

If you have prove that it is, spank it over and let's talk about it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago
If you have prove that it is

we don't have to prove anything.    and we don't fall for leftwing bs either.

"antifa said"   give us a break... LOL

Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.1    4 years ago
we don't have to prove anything.    

Then you have nothing to offer this discussion.  Go annoy someone else.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago

it's in his trump conspiracy folder, along with a fake birth certificate ...

Professor Guide
2.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.1.3    4 years ago
it's in his trump conspiracy folder, along with a fake birth certificate ...

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.1    4 years ago

[Deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @2.1.5    4 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

I see I have made a new friend....  how fun :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.6    4 years ago

[removed]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @2    4 years ago
Leaked chat logs?   Seriously?   More fake news?

I guess you didn't know that multiple people, including members of the military, were prosecuted and went to jail based in part on their chat logs before the Charlottesville 'Unite the Right' riot. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @2.3    4 years ago

I didn't know that, but thanks for the information

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    4 years ago
The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa, show conversations between Oregon members of the Patriots Coalition growing more...

Right, so where was all of this damn violence by right wing agitators? Another left wing witch hunt by their Brown Shirts in Antifa that turned up nothing. Keep looking; we are all sure you will find those elusive right wing agitators if you search long enough./S

How easily is the left duped? If Antifa really had all this incriminating information they would have doxed those involved- that is their MO. Instead they release their fake BS to the TDS riddled media that gobble it up. Which is in turn gobbled up by the TDS driven that will believe anything these days. Evidence be damned.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @3    4 years ago
Right, so where was all of this damn violence by right wing agitators?

There was RW violence at the August 22 protest. Go read the Guardian story. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @3.1    4 years ago

I did, and you were saying? 

There is far more left wing violence; but keep chasing those right wing ghosts. I am sure the Democratic backed Brown Shirts will be happy to produce enough rioting, looting, assault, murder, and arson to make all your dreams come true. They will even produce the far right ghosts to blame it on.

At times, rightwing activists discuss acts of violence at recent, contentious protests, which in some cases they were recorded carrying out. At one point, David Willis, a felon currently being sued for his alleged role in an earlier episode of political violence, joins a discussion about the use of paintballs.

If they were recorded; then the police would have arrested them. Far right groups don't get the same catch and release treatment that leftist Brown Shirts do in places like Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NY, or any other bastion of Democratic stupidity.

Come up with real proof; or this is like every other left wing delusional fantasy.

"Burn baby burn" is the new Democratic fascist motto.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.1    4 years ago
I did, and you were saying? 

Then why did you ask where was all of this damn violence by right wing agitators?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Dulay @3.1    4 years ago
There was RW violence at the August 22 protest. Go read the Guardian story. 

I watched the video of the 1776 2.0 "evidence". They were pretty much just standing around until the opposition showed up. Seemed to me that when the Leftists started to get rowdy, 1776 tried to leave. As usual, rather than just let things go peacefully, the Leftists had to follow and harass them. But, apparently, 1776 was committing violence simply by being there and that seems to justify the Leftists, in their minds, anyway. 

Seriously, Dulay. Just what the heck in the video do you think justifies this as evidence? That the Rightists didn't feel they had to stand there and take the Leftist's crap? 

And the "chats" provided by Antifa? Seriously? You have to be pretty desperate for the narrative you want to be true to accept something like that. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.3    4 years ago
I watched the video of the 1776 2.0 "evidence". Seriously, Dulay. Just what the heck in the video do you think justifies this as evidence?

The video linked in the article isn't from August 22nd.

Fail. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Drakkonis  replied to  Dulay @3.1.4    4 years ago

I don't see what difference it makes what day it was. It seems to always be like this. The Left can't seem to wait to get into someone else's face and scream horrible things at them. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.5    4 years ago
I don't see what difference it makes what day it was.

You replied to my comment which cited a SPECIFIC date. Now do you see? 

It seems to always be like this. The Left can't seem to wait to get into someone else's face and scream horrible things at them. 

The right has been doing that ad nauseam. Ever see a Planned Parenthood protest? How about a 'Tea Party' protest on the hill? How about the armed protests at the Michigan capitol and elsewhere  this year? There are a plethora of other examples. 

Oh and BTW, harsh words aren't 'violence'. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Drakkonis  replied to  Dulay @3.1.6    4 years ago
You replied to my comment which cited a SPECIFIC date. Now do you see? 

I see what you wish to me to see, yes. Still don't think it makes a difference. Same stuff, different day, you know? 

The right has been doing that ad nauseam. Ever see a Planned Parenthood protest?

Yes. I sometimes pass by one on my way to work. I don't see anyone getting agitated or accosting people there. Mostly it's just people standing around. One day, there were a lot of people there. Again, just standing around and not in the street. Looked pretty calm. 

How about a 'Tea Party' protest on the hill?

I tried looking at a few videos of that. Not sure what you expected me to see. Do you have some specific video or something in mind?

How about the armed protests at the Michigan capitol and elsewhere  this year? There are a plethora of other examples. 

Examples of what, exactly? Do you have a link to violence for the Aug 22 you say was violent? Maybe that would help me understand what you're talking about. Right now, though, what I mostly see is Left wing violence. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Drakkonis  replied to  Dulay @3.1.6    4 years ago
Oh and BTW, harsh words aren't 'violence'. 

Actually, they are and your side points it out all the time. Look at how often Trump is accused of verbal violence or being said to promote it with what he says. 

Further, when you see vids of Leftists screaming at people who disagree with them, screaming hateful things a police, it sort of gives the lie to to "harsh words aren't violence". 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.8    4 years ago
Look at how often Trump is accused of verbal violence or being said to promote it with what he says. 

Wow, you are spininininingggg.  Trump is accused of verbally inciting violence.  Jeeeze, can't believe I actually have to spell this out....

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.7    4 years ago
Same stuff, different day, you know? 

That's an obtuse statement. Were the events of the August 23rd protests in Kenosha the 'same stuff as the days before or after that? Hint: NO. 

Looked pretty calm. 

As do a HUGE percentage of the protests by BLM. 

I tried looking at a few videos of that. Not sure what you expected me to see.

Considering your mindset, nothing. 

Examples of what, exactly?

Do you have a link to violence for the Aug 22 you say was violent? 

Maybe that would help me understand what you're talking about.

Doubtfull. 

Right now, though, what I mostly see is Left wing violence. 

I have no doubt that's all you'll ever 'see'.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.8    4 years ago
Actually, they are and your side points it out all the time.

Nope. 

Look at how often Trump is accused of verbal violence or being said to promote it with what he says. 

Perhaps you should review the concept of 'inciting'. 

Further, when you see vids of Leftists screaming at people who disagree with them, screaming hateful things a police, it sort of gives the lie to to "harsh words aren't violence". 

Rinse and repeat that all you want, it's still false. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.5    4 years ago

And the Right can't seem to stop being vindictively meddlesome and unChristianlike in its omissions and countervailing narratives. Seek after truth, knowledge, and peace with all men-including those you consider on the Left! I will with you - but you have got to drop your 'rocks' before you approach me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.12    4 years ago
And the Right can't seem to stop being vindictively meddlesome and unChristianlike in its omissions and countervailing narratives.

Whether they are Christian or Christian-like is irrelevant.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    4 years ago

Well Drakkonis is a Christian. Do you thing being spiritually Christ-like or unChristlike is of interest to him? Of course, being partisan is of interest to you; you wrote so much in a past comment to me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.14    4 years ago
Well Drakkonisisa Christian.

Great! Me, too!

Do you thing being spiritually Christ-like or unChristlike is of interest to him?

My best advice would be to ask him. I don't speak for him.

Of course, being partisan is of interest to you; you wrote so much in a past comment to me.

. So I guess you and I have something in common there! I have never claimed to be nonpartisan 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.16  Drakkonis  replied to  Dulay @3.1.10    4 years ago
That's an obtuse statement. Were the events of the August 23rd protests in Kenosha the 'same stuff as the days before or after that? Hint: NO.

Did you mean to say August 22? Since I'm not familiar with everything that happened on those days I couldn't say. For instance, you say the other days weren't like this. I would  have to wonder why? Was it because 1776 wasn't there? I could see that account for it. So my question is, why did them being there on the 22nd make a difference? Perhaps because protesters on the left came and attacked them? Hard to say because we don't have a complete record of the event as far as I can tell.

So, what may have happened is that 1776 went there for trouble. My guess, since I have little to go on except precedence, is that they showed up ready for a fight because they knew the other side was going to bring one. And when they did, 1776 said, nope, and fought right back. More or less suspect same with the other video. Can't really say for sure because we don't see what or if they were reacting to something else. 

Of course, all that could be wrong, but you're going to need more evidence than this. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.16    4 years ago
Did you mean to say August 22?

No. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.16    4 years ago

BTW did you note that Alan Swinney brandished a handgun, hammer cocked, finger on the trigger and pointed it at protestors? That fucker needs to be put behind bars. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @3    4 years ago
so where was all of this damn violence by right wing agitators?

May 29th, Oakland CA. - drive-by shooting  occurred in front of a federal courthouse in  Oakland , resulting in the death of a security officer and wounding another who were contracted with the  Federal Protective Service . The killer was a right wing Boogaloo boi Steven Carrillo.

May 30th - Three Boogaloo bois arrested and charged in a firebombing plot.

June 3rd - Robert Forbes, a black BLM protestor, was run over and killed by right wing neo-Nazi and 'Proud Boys' member Timothy Keith Moore.

June 6th, Santa Cruz - sheriff's deputies were shot at and also attacked with  improvised explosive devices ; one officer died as a result. Killer was the same Boogaloo boi Steven Carrillo who shot and killed the security guard in Oakland.

July 25th - BLM protester Garrett Foster shot and killed by right wing Trump supporter Daniel Perry who had previously tweeted in response to a Trump tweet denigrating the BLM protests "Send Them To Texas We Will Show Them Why We Say Don't Mess With Texas". Daniel Perry drove his car toward protesters and when confronted by Garrett Foster who was legally carrying an AR-15, Perry shot and killed Foster after his car was surrounded by protesters attempting to stop him after he drove over orange cones blocking traffic and towards the crowd of protesters. Perry claims it was self defense but witnesses say he was clearly the aggressor and was using his vehicle to incite a response from the crowd.

August 25th - Rittenhouse, shot three protesters, killing two, in Kenosha, Wisconsin, with an AR-15-type rifle on the last Tuesday of August. He was reportedly   patrolling the city streets  with members of the radical Boogaloo Bois militia. Rittenhouse claims he is part of a militia group and called himself a "minuteman" referring to the patriot forces that fought the British at Lexington and Concord in 1775.

"Michael German, a former FBI agent specializing in domestic terrorism and current fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice, said the materials were rife with examples of law enforcement intelligence being politicized in ways that endangered both protesters and police alike. “Terrorism is distinguished from other violence by its political nature and, as a result, counterterrorism is often highly politicized as well,” German told The Intercept. “Here we’re seeing where this politicization of counterterrorism is being reflected in intelligence documents that are going out and are intended to inform state and local law enforcement on the ground.” He added: “Overall, what you see is a strange sensationalization of the antifa threats — and that doesn’t exist when looking at the boogaloo documents.”

"The demographics of a largely white, young, and destructive group fit more with a movement known as accelerationists than Black Lives Matter.The accelerationists, if you have never heard the term, are an extreme subset of white nationalism whose goal is to bring about chaos and destruction. The basic tenet of accelerationism argues that since Western governments are inherently corrupt, the best (and only) thing supremacists can do is to accelerate the end of society by sowing chaos and aggravating political tensions. “Accelerationist ideas have been cited in mass shooters’ manifestos — explicitly, in the case of the New Zealand killer — and are frequently referenced in white supremacist web forums and chat rooms,” Zack Beauchamp explained."

"People attending demonstrations remarked on the fact that the demographics were wrong, in places like Oakland where the majority of the destruction was perpetrated by young Caucasian men has inspired not just people on social media but reporting in the mainstream media to properly question whether this is a form of infiltration by outside extremist elements."

"A report by Vice News about right-wing infiltrators in the protests notes “hardcore ‘accelerationists’ … are encouraging their neo-Nazi followers to go to the protests and carry out acts of violence against black people.”

"Accelerationists follow the blueprint laid out by neo-Nazi James Mason in The Siege whose writing inspires Charles Manson types of killing sprees. Mason, living in obscurity in Denver until he was brought out of retirement by Atomwaffen, a right wing Neo Nazi group. The goal of accelerationism is to burn everything down and to use violence both to target enemies and instigate an overt and extreme response from the government."

Those turning a blind eye to right wing violence, or worse, defending it or acting as if it doesn't exist, are co-conspirators of these right wing terrorists. They excuse their actions because they don't feel threatened, they're not black or a minority so they see white supremacists as harmless to them and often they agree with their white nationalist agenda, they just don't want to admit it so they pretend not to see the evil being done on their behalf. They are the scum of the earth, worthless pieces of filth who don't deserve to call themselves Americans.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2    4 years ago

These people are anarchists!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.1    4 years ago
These people are anarchists!

These right wing anarchists almost always want one thing, to destroy the current government model of striving for diversity and equality so that they can instill themselves and their white brethren into power. They would much rather be some white supremacist warlord akin to those you see in Mad Max, but most are sniveling little pieces of shit who wish they were in charge and feel their "white culture" is being eroded or "melted" by the melting pot. They are also often incels who mistreat women and see them as adversary's instead of fellow human beings with equal rights.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.2    4 years ago

I think that scumbag DeSantis is trying to make it law that if you strike or even kill a protester with your vehicle, that you were in the right, trying to flee a 'mob'.  Basically a stand your ground law which makes it legal to kill protesters with your vehicle.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.3    4 years ago

governors don't pass legislation