╌>

Biden administration to return billions in border wall funding diverted from Pentagon

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  147 comments

By:   MSN

Biden administration to return billions in border wall funding diverted from Pentagon
The Biden administration will return billions in border wall funding Trump diverted from Pentagon, an administration official told ABC News on Friday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Biden administration is returning to the Pentagon more than $14 billion diverted by the Trump administration to build the wall at the southwestern border, and plans to cancel all related construction contracts, an administration official told ABC News on Friday.

Amid its ongoing review to determine the fate of Trump's border wall, the Biden administration also said it would launch two new projects along the 1,900-mile U.S.-Mexico border: one to fill holes in the Rio Grande Valley levee system left by the wall construction project, and another to address soil erosion in a 14-mile stretch of barrier construction by the Trump administration near San Diego, California.

MORE: After pledging not to build up Trump's border wall, Biden's intentions remain unclear© John Moore/Getty Images A portion of U.S.-Mexico border wall stands unfinished, April 14, 2021, near La Joya, Texas.

Neither project would involve building new border fencing, the administration official told ABC News. It's not yet clear when the Biden administration will complete its review of the overall Trump-era project.

"As Federal agencies continue to review the problems created by the prior Administration's border wall construction and develop their plans, today they will start taking initial steps consistent with the President's Proclamation to reaffirm our commitment to the military and protect border communities," the official said in a statement.

© John Moore/Getty Images Unused pieces of steel bollard-style wall lay near a portion of unfinished border wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, April 14, 2021, La Joya, Texas.

Lawmakers from both parties, including Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-Texas, have called on the Biden administration to address the gaps left in the federal levee system in southern Texas ahead of hurricane season, to help prevent flooding. Angry local officials threatened to plug the gaps themselves and seek reimbursement from the federal government down the line.

The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement later Friday afternoon it was acting to "protect border communities."

"Construction under the prior administration blew large holes into the Rio Grande Valley's flood barrier system to make way for a border wall. The flood barrier system had long provided low-lying regions of Hidalgo County, Texas, protection from catastrophic flooding, and these breaches have threatened local communities. DHS will start work to quickly repair the flood barrier system to protect border communities. This work will not involve expanding the border barrier," the DHS statement said.

The Defense Department will use the reclaimed military funds -- seized by the Trump administration in several tranches after Democrats refused to back Trump's calls for additional money for wall construction -- for the hundreds of domestic and overseas projects originally approved by Congress, including military schools and warehouses.

"Consistent with the President's proclamation, the Department of Defense is proceeding with canceling all border barrier construction projects paid for with funds originally intended for other military missions and functions such as schools for military children, overseas military construction projects in partner nations, and the National Guard and Reserve equipment account," Jamal Brown, deputy Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement. "Today's action reflects this Administration's continued commitment to defending our nation and supporting our service members and their families."

© John Moore/Getty ImagesMORE: Migrant surge at border poses political threat to Biden

President Joe Biden is still facing pressure from local border communities and both parties to announce his plans for Trump's signature project. Republicans have called on him to complete the wall amid the ongoing surge in migrants seeking to cross into the United States.

Democrats want the president to keep his campaign trail promise to unwind the project and return confiscated border land to property owners.

It's not clear what the administration will do with the land where construction was slated to be funded with Pentagon money.

Editor's note: This story has been updated to reflect that more than $14 billion is being returned to the Pentagon, not more than $17 billion.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

The Defense Department will use the reclaimed military funds -- seized by the Trump administration in several tranches after Democrats refused to back Trump's calls for additional money for wall construction -- for the hundreds of domestic and overseas projects originally approved by Congress, including military schools and warehouses.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Dormitories could use that money

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    3 years ago
Dormitories could use that money

Nothing is too good for the military members who volunteer to stand in between us and those who want to do us harm.  It includes their families, who often get the crap-end of the stick when it comes to support, monetary and otherwise.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Good, put it towards something that will be useful.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3  devangelical    3 years ago

looks like all the trump gravy trains for past campaign contributions have left the station.

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @3    3 years ago
looks like all the trump gravy trains for past campaign contributions have left the station.

In addition, Trump pardoned Steve Bannon, the guy who started a wall funding campaign, and then stole all the money.  Trump and lots of his pallies laughed all the way to the bank.

I found this post by piratecheese13 on Reddit and thought it was clever:

We’re going to build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re going to build a wall and you’re going to pay for it.

Actually never mind we’re just gonna take your money.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    3 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    3 years ago

great link.

Professor Guide
3.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    3 years ago

What Dev said.

It's also depressing to think there are scads of fools out there that think that this 'wall' is one of those 'promises made, promises kept' things.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.3    3 years ago

The border is approximately 1954 miles long.  1200 miles, mostly in TX remains void of barricades.

At the end of the Obama Admin we had the legally mandated by Bush, 700 miles of "fence and obstruction".

Mission complete, as they say.

At the end of the Trump Admin we have replaced 452 miles of the 700 miles at an expense of 18 $Billion

none of it paid from Mexico, much of it from military funds, all of it from American taxpayers.

New fences/barrier beyond the Bush 700?  47 new miles of primary border fencing,

with 33 miles of parallel fencing as required in the San Diego corridor.

So we are up to 747 miles. at $24 million a mile and 1207 miles left to go = I think that's $29 billion.

I wonder how many Ellis Islands like institutions we could build along the border, employing how many Americans

while we restrict the flow of everything across that border with higher tech and fast reacting drones and enforcement.

A $29 billion budget sounds like it could go much, much further than erecting 681 thousand tons of steel and  burying

900 thousand tons of concrete which will eventually need to be replaced.

All of which can easily be defeated by a $5 ladder by those determined to do so.

We have to think of a better way.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

So what's Biden doing to secure the border and slow down the flow of illegals?

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

You can keep up with info and stats here:  U.S. Customs and Border Protection.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

nothing really to secure the border and Harris is supposedly talking to foreign leaders to see how we can improve their countries--at our expense, of vourse.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    3 years ago
talking to foreign leaders

Via zoom. She is afraid to go face to face with any of them.

Professor Guide
4.2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @4.2.1    3 years ago
She is afraid to go face to face with any of them.

What a silly comment.  Kamala Harris isn't afraid of anyone or anything.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.2    3 years ago

Why is she afraid to go to the southern border?

She has been all over the country since Biden tapped her as the border czar.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @4.2.3    3 years ago

Who said she is afraid? 

Professor Guide
4.2.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @4.2.3    3 years ago

As previously mentioned, the implication is silly.

She has been all over the country since Biden tapped her as the border czar.

She's the Vice President, bugsy.  Traveling all over the country is an important part of her job. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.6  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2.5    3 years ago

So COVID isn't a big deal then?

That is the message she s sending to everyone in the places she goes.

She's afraid to go to the southern border because she knows she will get ridiculed by the people there, or she doesn't care, because if the crisis gets worse, and Biden takes a major hit in the midterms, she can say "I had nothing to do with it. I wasn't even there". And the loons on the left will give her a pass.

OH, yea...

and call everyone that disagrees with her a racist.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @4.2.6    3 years ago
and call everyone that disagrees with her a racist

Maybe they are.......

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.8  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.7    3 years ago

What do you think about the idiots calling Tim Scott Uncle Tim and other derogatory names and comments?

Are they racist?

My guess is you don't think so, especially because the ones doing it openly are black...

And we all know blacks can't be racist s/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @4.2.8    3 years ago

Haven't you learned by now that only conservatives can be racists?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.10  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    3 years ago
Haven't you learned by now that only conservatives can be racists?

I have a feeling they think black conservatives are racist towards other blacks.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.11  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.6    3 years ago

Wow bugsy. 

You invent a scenario, write the dialogue, blame Harris for it and then drop the victim care. 

Is there such a thing as a quadfecta?  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @4.2.8    3 years ago

calling Tim Scott Uncle Tim

Did they?  Who'd of thought it....

Your interest in Black Americans these days,  is it only for political expediency or have you really turned over a new leaf in an effort to correct the wrongs of the last 400 years? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.13  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    3 years ago
I'd be interested to see the statistics of white men physically lynched at the hands of blacks. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.14  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.11    3 years ago
You invent a scenario, write the dialogue, blame Harris for it and then drop the victim care

Funny thing my scenario is quite true.

BTFW...what is a victim care?

New made up leftist shit?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.15  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.12    3 years ago
Your interest in Black Americans these days,  is it only for political expediency or have you really turned over a new leaf in an effort to correct the wrongs of the last 400 years? 

Neither.

I don't care about those that think killing babies in the womb is nothing more than taking care of a parasite,  or shoot each other because of different gang affiliations, tennis shoe make or "he looked at me funny".

With the latter, the more the better.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.2.15    3 years ago

We all hear your dog whistle quite clearly there bug!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.18  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.14    3 years ago
Funny thing my scenario is quite true.

Nope, it's a fabrication. But I get it, it's all you've got. 

BTFW...what is a victim care?
New made up leftist shit?

A typo, sue me. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.2.18    3 years ago

Nothing bug spouts is true.  NOTHING.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.20  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.16    3 years ago

Why is it that you are the only one that hears these "whistles".

My guess, and I'm normally right, is that you agree with it and answer what you hear.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.21  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.18    3 years ago
Nope, it's a fabrication

Never sad it wasn't, but whatever you want to call it, it's still true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @4.2.20    3 years ago

never surprising on who hears the whistles!

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.23  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.22    3 years ago
never surprising on who hears the whistles!

Nope....and some hear them louder than others.

I can tell by the nasty ass IMs I receive from one of them.

I don't know how someone can live with so much hate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @4.2.23    3 years ago

maybe they live all alone!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.25  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.21    3 years ago
Never sad it wasn't, but whatever you want to call it, it's still true.

Either you don't know what fabricated means or what true means. Pick one. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.2.26  1stwarrior  replied to  bugsy @4.2.6    3 years ago

Here's some reasons she NEEDS to get her butt in gear and do her job as the "Border Protector".

Yesterday, within a span of 12 hours, #USBP Laredo Sector agents working with Laredo Police Department, Webb-County Constable Pct 2 , and federal law enforcement partners, discovered and dismantled three residential properties throughout Laredo that were being utilized as human smuggling stash houses. The discovery led to the arrest of over 180 undocumented individuals who were found in deplorable conditions.
These apprehensions were a result of a collaborative effort between Border Patrol and our partners who work diligently to stop the housing of large numbers of undocumented individuals in our communities.
The stash houses were discovered in the south, central, and north Laredo. This shows that all areas of the city are being affected by these transnational criminal organizations.
One residence was discovered in north Laredo near a church and the Laredo Country Club. Packed inside were 65 undocumented individuals.
A second stash house was located in central Laredo near a school. A total of 68 undocumented individuals were arrested at that location.
The third stash house was found in southeast Laredo near a city park. After searching the property, 50 undocumented individuals were found throughout the residential property.
Deputy Chief Patrol Agent Carl E. Landrum said, “All of the people rescued from these stash houses were being held against their will. Human Smuggling/Trafficking are dangerous situations. Please help others by reporting suspicious situations you see; you just might save a life.”
Early this morning, #USBP Laredo North Station agents responded to suspicious activity near Anna Avenue and the Rio Grande Riverbanks where they found a SUV that had been loaded with bundles of narcotics.
Agents attempted to perform a vehicle stop, but the SUV fled for a short distance before crashing into a utility pole and portable restrooms. The impact caused the utility pole to fall on top of the responding Service vehicle. After searching the vehicle, six bundles of marijuana weighing over 400 lbs. were found inside. Fortunately, no one was injured.
Chief Patrol Agent Matthew Hudak said, “Criminal actions such as these show how dangerous these transnational criminal organizations operate and how recklessly they put public’s safety at risk. Even when faced with dangers, our agents strive to protect our Nation’s borders and keep our communities safe”.
Nothing to see here folks - keep on ignoring the problem.
Oh, and this is JUST Lorado.

Professor Guide
4.2.29  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  dennis smith @4.2.27    3 years ago
Kalamity Hairless is afraid of her own shadow.

Kalamity Hairless?  That's all you could think of?  I'm embarrassed for you.  Go back to the drawing board and think of at least one decent, thigh-slapping, Kamala Harris nickname, and don't come back until you have one that makes me laugh.  Humor and originality are key. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.30  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.25    3 years ago
Either you don't know what fabricated means or what true means.

Oh, I know what they both mean. What's bad for you is I can fabricate anything I believe the left is doing, and 9 times out of 10, I am correct.

In this case, this is one of those 9

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it any less true.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennis smith @4.2.27    3 years ago
Kalamity Hairless is afraid of her own shadow.

Never bitch at another liberal on this forum about making fun of a conservative woman again

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.32  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @4.2.30    3 years ago

Doesn't fabricate mean "make shit up?" So if you're fabricating shit, you're basically pulling shit out of your ass, right? Nine times out of 10 that makes a person a fucking moron

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.33  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.31    3 years ago
Never bitch at another liberal on this forum about making fun of a conservative woman again

If right wing conservatives didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.34  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.32    3 years ago

Maybe you can reread 4.2.30 again.

Only fucking morons don't understand what I said.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.35  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.4    3 years ago
"Who said she is afraid?" 

An alleged 'man'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.36  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.2.30    3 years ago

Some folks are making the mistake that you provide facts on anything like EVER!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.37  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @4.2.34    3 years ago
What's bad for you is I can fabricate anything I believe the left is doing, and 9 times out of 10, I am correct.

I'm pretty sure you're saying that you make shit up all the time. Now if that's not what it says, then you just called me a fucking moron....

.....and whoa....

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.38  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.37    3 years ago
I'm pretty sure you're saying that you make shit up all the time

Never said that, but nice way of trying to put words on my mouth.

Now, so maybe you will understand.

I came up with a scenario. That scenario is more than likely the truth.

Nothing else from it.

Of course, in contrast, most loon leftists believed the made up scenario of Shitty Schiff "conversation" with the Ukranian president.

So, if you don't believe those people are not fucking morons, then you can't say those that disagree with you are.

And for the soothing of your feelings, I have never referred to anyone here as a fucking moron.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.39  Ender  replied to  bugsy @4.2.38    3 years ago
I came up with a scenario

So yes, making things up...

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.40  bugsy  replied to  Ender @4.2.39    3 years ago
So yes, making things up...

Yes.....good of you to catch up.

Professor Guide
4.2.41  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @4.2.34    3 years ago
Only fucking morons don't understand what I said.

That's what a fucking moron would say.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.42  Ender  replied to  bugsy @4.2.40    3 years ago

A least you admit making up false scenarios.

Some would call that lying...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.43  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @4.2.38    3 years ago
I came up with a scenario. That scenario is more than likely the truth.

The "truth" is what you make it in your own feeble little mind <-------- flag that would you?

And for the soothing of your feelings, I have never referred to anyone here as a fucking moron.

I have no feelings so don't you worry about me...but it sure sounded like you were calling someone a fucking moron.

Now this conversation is heading south into Meta. Please have the last word because I know how important that is to you but I'm done toying with you

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.44  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.30    3 years ago
Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it any less true.

It has nothing to do with ME bugsy. 

Your comment is made from whole cloth and you have nothing factual to support it with. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.45  bugsy  replied to  Ender @4.2.42    3 years ago
A least you admit making up false scenarios.

Never said it was false.

Just because YOU don't like it isn't my problem.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.46  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.44    3 years ago
Your comment is made from whole cloth and you have nothing factual to support it with.

Look, I understand you think OPINIONS need to be backed up by documented facts.

Maybe OPINION is a word you can look up the meaning of.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.47  Ender  replied to  bugsy @4.2.45    3 years ago

When you make up something, that is the definition of false.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.48  bugsy  replied to  Ender @4.2.47    3 years ago
When you make up something, that is the definition of false.

True to a point. If that scenario comes true, it is no longer false.

Now, go back and reread my 4.2.6 that started this whole leftist meltdown.

It will come true.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.2.49  charger 383  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    3 years ago

Thread 4.2 is locked to prevent it from getting worse

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.50  Ender  replied to  bugsy @4.2.48    3 years ago

So you admit making things up with the hope they will come true and then complain about a 'leftist' meltdown.

It's ok. I will forever brand you a liar.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

He explained that they should not try to come right now. 

original

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

What?  I thought President Biden just threw the border wide open?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.5  Ronin2  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Jack shit of nothing outside of blaming Trump for the problem.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

Walls have been obsolete since The Middle Ages...

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @5    3 years ago

But yet we have them around the Capitol in DC thanks to Pelosi

Liberal hollywood idiots put them up around the Oscars to keep the riff raff out.

Nancy Pelosi has one around her home in San Francisco.

Need I go on?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JBB  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago

The Wall on Game of Thrones did not stop White Walkers and Trump's wall failed, too...

Do as Reagan said and, "Tear down that wall".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago

if walls don't work then humans would have stopped building them centuries ago.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    3 years ago

The last walled city was built 700 years ago! 

Professor Guide
5.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago

What are your thoughts on the wall Trump built?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    3 years ago

not talking about a walled city.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    3 years ago

seems like the wall Reagan referred to was pretty effective.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @5.1.3    3 years ago

east berlin under soviet control was a "walled " city , that was barely 60 years ago , and the premise wasnt to keep the others out but to keep the needed population to make  socialism work  IN.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    3 years ago

Tex if walls and fences dont work , congress wouldnt have surrounded them selves with one for a few weeks and had armed guards patrolling .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.8    3 years ago

you know that. and I know that, but some of these folks must be blind.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago
Nancy Pelosi has one around her home in San Francisco. Need I go on?

Not if you are going to spread debunked information...

It's a credibility killer.

There's literally no room for any fence on three sides

which is why the home is occasionally vandalized with graffiti or egged.

Of course they have  a 3 foot decorative wall along along portions of Zinfendel lane in the NAPA Valley.

They have a deer control issue...lol.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago
"But yet we have them around the Capitol in DC thanks to Pelosi

Liberal hollywood idiots put them up around the Oscars to keep the riff raff out.

Nancy Pelosi has one around her home in San Francisco.

Need I go on?"

Why do you think we would ask you continue to waste our time with your fact less rants?

Nope, those walls were put up by the [deleted}

They're around the Capitol in DC thanks to {deleted] and his insurrectionist mob on 1/6/21.

Need I go on?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.10    3 years ago
Credibility?????????
I don't know why some continue to claim they provide facts?????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.8    3 years ago

"Tex if walls and fences dont work , congress wouldnt have surrounded them selves with one for a few weeks and had armed guards patrolling ."

That was thanks to trump and his insurrectionist mob.  

How quickly some pretend to forget.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.13    3 years ago

if the walls and fences don't work, then why did Democrats insist on having them?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.11    3 years ago

Trump put a fence or wall around Pelosi's house,?????

Professor Guide
5.1.17  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    3 years ago
Trump put a fence or wall around Pelosi's house,?????

If you are suggesting that Nancy Pelosi's house has a wall around it, you are mistaken.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.4    3 years ago

I think the wall that Trump got authorized is a great step to greatly reducing illegal immigration. It won't stop it all, however, the wall is meant to funnel illegals that still want to try and get in to funnel into certain areas where it would be far easier to pinpoint and stop, much unlike how Biden wants a wide open border where if someone wants to do harm to this country, it would be very difficult to stop them.

Professor Guide
5.1.19  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.8    3 years ago
Tex if walls and fences dont work , congress wouldnt have surrounded them selves with one for a few weeks and had armed guards patrolling .

What are your thoughts about this wall?

BB1aEjyi.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Trump put 1.7 miles of a 13 ft. tall un-scalable fence around the White House.  The cost?  $64,000,000.00.  The piddlin' chain link fence around the Capitol?  $19,000,000.00.  If that doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what would.

Thank God the most important man in the world is Florida's problem now.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.20  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.11    3 years ago
They're around the Capitol in DC thanks to trumpturd and his insurrectionist mob on 1/6/21

OK, so why is it still up? January 6th was over 3 months ago.

The freakout liberals had over February 3rd never happened.

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.21  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.10    3 years ago

OK I stand corrected on Pelosi's home, however, I am still correct in the other examples.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.11    3 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.1.21    3 years ago

[removed]

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.23    3 years ago
You mean your many fact less examples?

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.1.20    3 years ago
"They're around the Capitol in DC thanks to trumpturd and his insurrectionist mob on 1/6/21"

"OK, so why is it still up? January 6th was over 3 months ago."

Because those trumpturd insurrectionist traitor Democrat haters are everywhere

"The freakout liberals had over February 3rd never happened.

It was only used as an excuse to wall the Capitol because liberal congresspeople are a bunch of pu$$ies."

Yeah, insurrectionist mobs out to kill Democrats and out to Hang Mike Pence will make them frightened of right wing traitor insurrectionist mobs led on by trumpturd.

Each of your fact less rants are becoming increasingly unhinged.  

Wasn't it you that said Rudy in that Borat movie was a body double?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.1.24    3 years ago

I know I'M the smartest.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.28  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.25    3 years ago

[Deleted]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.29  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago

No, we have them there thanks to trump and his supporters. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.31  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @5.1.18    3 years ago
I think the wall that Trump got authorized is a great step to greatly reducing illegal immigration.

At the beginning of Trump's Admin there were 700 miles built by the two prior Administrations.  Trump added 47 new miles and replaced 452 miles of older fence.  Ask Ed why the gaps are still there in the fence near his town in AZ.

It won't stop it all, however, the wall is meant to funnel illegals that still want to try and get in to funnel into certain areas where it would be far easier to pinpoint and stop,

You give too much credit to too little thought by the trump Administration.  A $5 ladder defeats the newest sections of wall which averaged $24 mill per mile.  $18 billion dollars pissed away.

much unlike how Biden wants a wide open border where if someone wants to do harm to this country, it would be very difficult to stop them.

the border is as open as it was in 1848 when we acquired the Mexican states & territories

and 1912 when it was completed by NM's statehood.

A variety of tactics are required but the wall has been a waste of taxpayers money, even if it had been done more correctly,

it would still be a maintenance money pit for the rest of time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.1.28    3 years ago

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fon.msnbc.com%2F3eI6D6o%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR11ZCsjYvaa-jT2Yrc-nzjpCXqDkna1HhCX7eFoTldO-lDQW3nNSOQWEG0&h=AT05MJOkYbNdOEtWWiBuevlUzClQshE7Wz9ptmAx2Dw-ypb9l-Ma7_msZeXrVOW_xB5JiDoLSNEuNTwzQ2TVJW5Vq_58VfL1dOGpD667y_VqF0eTEkDmXdN0k0E6W0o7dt02&__tn__=%2CmH-R&c[0]=AT21XnUsBcQJ_QKnLgaY2zKJmjCSBF--BVG4xaHsXvrDoGRONXOnbaCaCZter0WauQfeoyjwaELXcgGcsJ6oRD_SF0zH9v68olbsqbpsO5kFXNs-vsgpERSm7HbLSnNuBgvYSe-vEee3HPxG3UkGFMURsZaL-8r9v0xTamlWveIbedDsmlB1iApH-gnoJ4kzqc5TmX4JgAw-

Trump's inability to accept election loss is a legal drag for some Capitol riot defendants

Rachel Maddow looks at how Donald Trump supporters arrested in connection with the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol are having their legal arguments for release ahead of trial turned upside down as Trump clings to claims of a stolen election and continues to encourage followers to attack the legitimacy of Joe Biden's presidency.  April 27, 2021

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.17    3 years ago

what do you think the question marks were for---and I even included more than one?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1.34  SteevieGee  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago
But yet we have them around the Capitol in DC

So...  Does it look like it worked?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.9qtnIdsB7IBTDOB6FC2WGAHaEL%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.35  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1.34    3 years ago

Were the walls up then?

Simple yes or no answer.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.36  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    3 years ago

Not blind and don't see a 'wall' at either the border or around the Capitol. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.37  bugsy  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1.34    3 years ago

The fencing around the Capitol did not go up until after January 6. The fencing that was put up was authorized by Nancy Pelosi, as she is in charge of the Capitol police, and the fence that was put up was meant to keep people out.

Exactly like the wall on the southern border.......or at least it was until Biden opened the border and allowed the pouring in to start

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.38  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.36    3 years ago

Have you seen this thing? Apparently it's going to remain there indefinitely.

2bce8aa7-1752-48c9-8faa-53c4b0f9e41f-Capitol_Hill_Security_07.JPG

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.39  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @5.1.37    3 years ago
The fencing that was put up was authorized by Nancy Pelosi, as she is in charge of the Capitol police, and the fence that was put up was meant to keep people out.

Remember when she thought a wall was "immoral?" I guess not so much anymore.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.39    3 years ago

I don't get Pelosi.

Haven't Democrats been claiming that walls and fences don't work?

Do they only work in DC now?

Weird!

Professor Guide
5.1.41  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @5.1.37    3 years ago
The fencing that was put up was authorized by Nancy Pelosi, as she is in charge of the Capitol police.

Nancy Pelosi is not in charge of the Capitol police.  That responsibility falls to the Sergeant at Arms.  Paul D. Irving was the Sergeant at Arms from January 17, 2012 - January 7, 2021, when he was relieved of his duties.  Timothy Blodgett, the Deputy Sergeant at Arms, was appointed as Acting Sergeant at Arms until the current Sergeant at Arms, William Walker, was confirmed on March 26, 2021.

The following divisions comprise the Office of the Sergeant at Arms:

• Immediate Office/Member Support
    • Protocol and Chamber Operations
    • House Garages & Parking Security
    • Information Services
    • Identification Services
    • Police Services/Law Enforcement
    • House Security
    • Emergency Management

The Sergeant at Arms also coordinates extensively with the U.S. Capitol Police and various intelligence agencies to  assess threats against Members of Congress and the Capitol complex . Duties include overseeing the House floor and galleries, the House Appointments Desk, the House garages and parking lots, as well as administering all staff identification badges.

Source

Source

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.42  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.41    3 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.43  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @5.1    3 years ago

[Deleted] It was the SGT at Arms that made that call about erecting a fence...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.44  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.41    3 years ago
Nancy Pelosi is not in charge of the Capitol police.  That responsibility falls to the Sergeant at Arms.

Hold on. That is disingenuously incomplete. Are you suggesting that the Sgt at Arms could just fence the Capitol 100% at his own discretion against the will of the Speaker of the House? You really don’t think she’d have anything to say about it? 

The position of Sergeant at Arms is created by the House, over which Speaker Pelosi presides and leads. It was Nancy Pelosi who gave him the job . Even the liberal Washington Post recognized that she could cause the fence to come down when their editorial staff urged her to do exactly that six weeks ago.

Opinion: Ms. Pelosi, tear down this fence - Opinion by the Editorial Board

No doubt the fence makes the job of the Capitol Police easier, but it is up to members of Congress to balance security against other priorities, including public access.

. . . 

Decisions about Capitol security are made by the Capitol Police Board, which consists of the sergeants-at-arms from the Senate and House and the architect of the Capitol. The chief of the Capitol Police is a nonvoting member. Nonetheless, Ms. Pelosi does have enormous sway. We hope she will use it to restore the people’s house to the people.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.45  Tacos!  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.43    3 years ago
It was the SGT at Arms that made that call about erecting a fence

But he was appointed to that position by Pelosi and he works for the House. He has been given a responsibility and authority by the House leader, and he can be removed from that position. All Pelosi has to do is tell them to take the fence down and I think it’s obvious that they would comply.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.46  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.38    3 years ago

that portion of 12 foot fencing blocking 3rd Street was removed by March 24th.

Only the lighter 8 ft fences remain.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.47  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.46    3 years ago

Any improvement is good, but I think it’s long past time for all of it to come down.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.48  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.47    3 years ago

Starting with the same type of fencing the previous administration put all the way around the WH?

Or the anti climb wall erected inside of it which now obstructs the view of the "people's house'"?

plus temporary fence within THAT perimeter...smh

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.49  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.38    3 years ago
Have you seen this thing?

That 'thing' is called a fence. Thanks for bolstering my point. 

Apparently it's going to remain there indefinitely.

And? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.50  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.37    3 years ago
The fencing that was put up was authorized by Nancy Pelosi, as she is in charge of the Capitol police

False. 

, and the fence that was put up was meant to keep people out.

And? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.51  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.38    3 years ago

Yes, I have seen it, as have millions of Americans.

It's obvious Pelosi and the democrats do not want to be bothered by the peons of this country.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.52  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.41    3 years ago

OK, who is in charge of the Sargeant at Arms?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.53  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.43    3 years ago

Hmmm, I've had posts taken down where I said someone's post was a lie, but your post calling me a liar is still up over 7 hours

Good job pointing out moderator hypocrisy

BTW...who is in charge of the Capitol Police?.

Answer: House and Senate democrats

Who is in charge of democrats in the House and Senate?

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck U Schumer

Who is authorizing the fence to stay up?

Nancy Pelosi and Chuch U Schumer.

You are welcome for the education

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.54  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @5.1.50    3 years ago
False. 

5.1.53 is for you too.

You are also welcome for the education.

BTFW Dulay, here is the link I know you will demand and then try and pick it apart to meet your narrative.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.55  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.54    3 years ago
You are also welcome for the education.

Hilarious bugsy. 

You posted a link but don't seem to understand what it documents. 

BTW...who is in charge of the Capitol Police?. Answer: House and Senate democrats

Wrong.

BTFW Dulay, here is the link I know you will demand and then try and pick it apart to meet your narrative.

Your own fucking link states:

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate.

The Capitol Police Board reports to NO ONE. Once appointed they are no more answerable to Nancy Pelosi than any other independent Agency in the US Government. 

Now if you can QUOTE anything in your own link that refutes my statement, have at it. 

Oh and BTFW, I haven't picked anything apart to meet a narrative. I cited your own links and facts. Deal with it. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.56  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.49    3 years ago
That 'thing' is called a fence.

You can call it whatever you like. What is your point?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.57  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.52    3 years ago

Read your link. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.58  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.56    3 years ago
You can call it whatever you like.

I didn't ask for your permission, although I prefer to call it what it IS by definition. 

What is your point?

Are you having an issue following the thread? 

Professor Guide
5.1.59  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @5.1.54    3 years ago

You have been provided irrefutable facts with verifiable links to back them up.  Acknowledge or don't acknowledge, it's your choice.   However, repeating incorrect information about something so easily verified hurts the integrity of this site.  Translation:  It makes us all look ridiculous.  Please stop.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.60  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.55    3 years ago

Thing you quoted (my bolding this time):

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight

And incredibly, you say to that:

The Capitol Police Board reports to NO ONE

That’s some logic! Everybody reports to somebody. That’s how our government works. There’s no such thing as a truly “independent Agency in the US Government” (as you put it).

The members of the Capitol Police Board are agents of Congress and most definitely answer to that body.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.61  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.58    3 years ago
What is your point? Are you having an issue following the thread? 

So you didn’t have a point with that nonsense. Yeah, that’s kind of what I figured.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.62  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.60    3 years ago
And incredibly, you say to that:
The Capitol Police Board reports to NO ONE
That’s some logic! Everybody reports to somebody. That’s how our government works. There’s no such thing as a truly “independent Agency in the US Government” (as you put it).

Every fucking Agency in the US Government has 'Congressional oversight' Tacos. They rely on the Congress for their funding and mission. That does NOT mean that they are 'in charge' of the Agency. 

Or have you lost the thread?

Seriously, just stop. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.63  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.61    3 years ago

[removed]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.64  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.62    3 years ago
Every fucking Agency in the US Government has 'Congressional oversight' Tacos. They rely on the Congress for their funding and mission. That does NOT mean that they are 'in charge' of the Agency.

I didn’t say anything about being in charge. You said they report to no one.

The Capitol Police Board reports to NO ONE`

Do you now concede that that is false?

By the way - in case you’re unsure - Congressional Republicans announced today that they want to talk to the whole board at once. Earlier this year, the Inspector General and the Chief (an ex officio member of the Board) were questioned by committees of the House and Senate, respectively.

House Republicans request hearing with Capitol Police Board for first time since 1945

So apparently they do report to somebody.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.65  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.64    3 years ago

He won't concede anything. He requires the last word about everything.

Tries to wear you down then claim victory when you decide to just leave it be, no matter how wrong he is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.66  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.43    3 years ago

There would not be a need for a fence around the capitol if not for Trump's magats deciding to become seditious traitors.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.67  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    3 years ago

I didn't say that.  Bug spread that lie.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.68  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.64    3 years ago
I didn’t say anything about being in charge.

You seem to still have an issue with following the thread.

YOU replied to a comment that I made to bugsy who said that 

You said they report to no one.

Prove otherwise. 

So apparently they do report to somebody.

Well gee, I don't know about you but in the 50 years that I 'reported to someone' they didn't 'request' a meeting with me, they called me in. PERIOD full stop. 

Oh and BTFW, when I reported to someone or someone reported to me we sure as hell had policy/procedure meetings more often than every 45 YEARS. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.69  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.65    3 years ago
He requires the last word about everything.

You must be mistaking me for someone from Texas. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.70  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.68    3 years ago
Well gee, I don't know about you but in the 50 years that I 'reported to someone' they didn't 'request' a meeting with me, they called me in. PERIOD full stop.  Oh and BTFW, when I reported to someone or someone reported to me we sure as hell had policy/procedure meetings more often than every 45 YEARS. 

So much wrong here, and yet you persist with the loud and aggressive tone. All you have to do is read the comments you're replying to to see how wrong you are. The unusual thing is not that members of the Board are being questioned by Congress. That's common. You should know that because I told you it has already been happening since January - at least twice. The unusual thing is to question all members of the board at once. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.71  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @5.1.65    3 years ago

As the cool kids say: spot on.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.72  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.70    3 years ago
So much wrong here, and yet you persist with the loud and aggressive tone

Tissue? 

Perhaps you can explain how the written word can be loud. Hell, I didn't even use an exclamation point...

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.73  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.71    3 years ago

Thanks for proving my point...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.74  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.72    3 years ago
Tissue? 

Oh no, thank you. I’m not upset. Just embarrassed for you.

Perhaps you can explain how the written word can be loud.

In internet chat etiquette, words written in all capital letters is generally considered to equivalent to shouting. That’s how. To the extent an internet tradition can be called “old,” this is one of the oldest.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.75  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.1.73    3 years ago
Thanks for proving my point...

Actually, this comment from you perfectly proves bugsy’s point. LOL! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.76  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @5.1.65    3 years ago
Tries to wear you down then claim victory

LOL. So true. See @5.1.73 for another perfect example of exactly that.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.77  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.76    3 years ago
See @5.1.73 for another perfect example of exactly that

I see. Hilarious watching my words come true in real time.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.78  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.74    3 years ago

I doubt you have any feelings about me other than animosity. 

So two words were loud and the rest was a whisper? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.79  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.41    3 years ago

Trump and his seditious traitors are responsible for having to fence off the capitol no matter who was in charge.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Why not keep some of the funding to fix the problems the last administration left undone, like the Flood Barrier - Levy ? 

DUuu

The Defense Department will use the reclaimed military funds - for the hundreds of domestic and overseas projects originally approved by Congress, including military schools and warehouses.

"Consistent with the President's proclamation, the Department of Defense is proceeding with canceling all border barrier construction projects paid for with funds originally intended for other military missions and functions such as schools for military children, overseas military construction projects in partner nations, and the National Guard and Reserve equipment account,""

Construction under the prior administration blew large holes into the Rio Grande Valley's flood barrier system to make way for a border wall. The flood barrier system had long provided low-lying regions of Hidalgo County, Texas, protection from catastrophic flooding, and these breaches have threatened local communities. DHS will start work to quickly repair the flood barrier system to protect border communities.