╌>

Critical Race Theory Explained By Tim Wise

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  115 comments

Critical Race Theory Explained By Tim Wise

This is a good introduction to Critical Race Theory , not so much in its academic specifics, but as a popular concept.  I highly recommend anyone with the time watch this, at least pt.1

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2  1stwarrior    3 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @2    3 years ago

That's bull patty! Skin color means a great deal to some conservatives and people. And you need to get clear: BLM is not the Black Panthers or the Black Muslims under Farrakhan. Get your commentary and people straight! I am tired of this ignorant bull patty that circulates throughout the systems of the Right!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2    3 years ago

If that were true why is there a need for VAWA, MMIW, ICWA or AIRFA and there are many more?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    3 years ago

To some, skin color is apparently everything. They seem to be obsessed with it

Another attempt by the leftists to divide the people and segregate the races

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 years ago

What was Nixon's southern strategy again Greg?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    3 years ago

to win votes in the South.

what was the Democrats' strategy in the South?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    3 years ago
What was Nixon's southern strategy again Greg?

A myth that has been dreamed up by progressives.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    3 years ago
n American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans. [1] [2] [3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right. [4] 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    3 years ago

And if you don't like Wikipedia here's something from southernculture.org:

In his 1991 book, One of Us: Richard Nixon and the American Dream, New York Times columnist Tom Wicker captures the political two-step that Nixon danced as he sought to govern and to carry out a strategy to turn the South into a Republican-dominated region as it had been a “solid Democratic South’’ for much of the twentieth century. Wicker gave Nixon credit for “a spectacular advance in desegregation’’ in 1970. “Perhaps the most significant achievement of his administration’s domestic actions,” Wicker wrote, came as “the Nixon administration had appeared in retreat from desegregation, while actively courting the white vote.” Indeed, in his 1968 campaign and afterward, Nixon used coded language, political symbolism and court interventions as signals to southern white voters. In the aftermath of city riots in 1967 and 1968, as well as Vietnam War protests, Nixon said he was for “law and order.’’ His administration went to court to slow down school desegregation. Nixon tried to install two so-called strict-constructionist conservatives, Clement F. Haynesworth Jr. of South Carolina and G. Harrold Carswell of Florida, on the Supreme Court, but the Senate turned down both nominees.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    3 years ago

Blinded by the darkness. Hey look there is sun-light over here Sunshine!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    3 years ago

An obstructionist is going to obstruct. Look at a perfectly 'clear' sky and throw up a handful of dirt just to claim there is a 'smudge' in the frame!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

And it's unarguable that as the south became less racist and more prosperous it became more Republican.   Unsurprisingly for a party that is race obsessed (see CRT) they can only imagine that race controls voting patterns. They can't even fathom people voting on economic, military, social issues etc.  Since they are obsessed with race they assume everyone else is too. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  CB @3.1.5    3 years ago
Hey look there is sun-light over here Sunshine!

Give some facts instead of innuendos, suggestions, opinions about Nixon's Southern Strategy and I will be more than happy to listen.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.7    3 years ago

More prosperous? Southern states lead the nation in poverty

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.9    3 years ago

Sounds like the republicans aren't making those southern states more prosperous - sounds like the republicans are turning those southern states into shitholes!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.8    3 years ago

The facts are in the history books and you can listen to 'bits' of it in the videos above, Sun-shine. BTW, you are the one who called "Nixon's Southern Strategy" a myth - go "teach" yourself. I am not inclined to persuade some conservative 'rocks' to listen. Receive truth and grow thereby or just keeping shedding more and more truths until the "Big Lie" is the sum of some conservatives understanding. I am pass caring about deceivers and their deceptions!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.9    3 years ago

Southern states lead the nation in poverty

You must have worked really hard to misunderstand what "as the south became less racist and more prosperous" means.  Do you really need me to explain it to you? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.13    3 years ago

No. I'm just saying that it's really not all peaches and cream in the south. It leads in teen pregnancy, lower SAT/ACT scores, people on government assistance, drugs....shall I go on?

As for less racist? I do think that it is less racist today

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.15  Sunshine  replied to  CB @3.1.12    3 years ago
I am not inclined to persuade some  'rocks' to listen.

So you have nothing to contribute here but personal attacks.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.8    3 years ago

I did but you chose to ignore it...unless you're ignoring me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.13    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.14    3 years ago
not all peaches and cream in the south. 

I never implied it was. But by any measure, the south is more prosperous than it was and as it's prosperity increased, so did support for the Republican party.  The 30s were the last high point of  the Democratic solid south. It started turning Republican with the prosperity in the 50's and the Republicans achieved majority status in the South for the first time during the 90s.  It was the poorest areas of the South that remained "solid" for the democrats the longest. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.18    3 years ago

By all means...have the last word. I know how important that is to you and your kind. Just pretend that everything is rosy in the south

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.19    3 years ago
ust pretend that everything is rosy in the south

What a dishonest characterization of what I wrote. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.21  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.15    3 years ago

Why did you ALTER my words?!!! How is that a contribution?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.10    3 years ago

No the shithole effect is due to the fact the those from California and all the Dem shitholes in the northeast are moving for the better climate, cost of living and lifestyle in the south. Only thing that I like about it is they are bringing their money and driving the price of real estate through the roof. I gained a little over $35K in value since last summer.

Unfortunately, they are bringing their ideas and habits with them. Here in North Carolina is proof of that the last few years. And that, if there is any truth to it becoming a shithole, is the truth in a nutshell. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.23  Sunshine  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.18    3 years ago
turning Republican with the prosperity in the 50's and the Republicans achieved majority status in the South for the first time during the 90s.  

Also, many northerners started moving to the Sunbelt during the 50's too helping the south achieve that prosperity.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.19    3 years ago

It's very important to the republithuglicans to always get the last word . . . no matter what.  They're wrong, but goddamnit, they're going to have the last word!!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.22    3 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.26  Sunshine  replied to  CB @3.1.21    3 years ago
Why did you ALTER my words?!!! 

Where?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.24    3 years ago

he's on ignore now

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.28  Sunshine  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.22    3 years ago
Unfortunately, they are bringing their ideas and habits with them. Here in North Carolina is proof of that the last few years. And that, if there is any truth to it becoming a shithole, is the truth in a nutshell. 

The same thing is effecting Florida from the exodus of Blue states. I was going to purchase a home near my daughter in St. Pete but the high rise in home prices have pushed me out of the market.  Good for her, bad for me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.20    3 years ago
"What a dishonest characterization of what I wrote."

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.23    3 years ago
many northerners started moving to the Sunbelt during the 50's too helping the south achieve that prosperity.

Which also confounds progressives. Many of them believe the voting pool  who supported Jim Crow never changed.  The same people who voted 75 years ago vote today, and only those people. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.22    3 years ago

So you don't like where you live being called a shithole do you?

How do you like it?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.32  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.26    3 years ago
I am not inclined to persuade some conservative 'rocks' to listen.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.33  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.22    3 years ago

And you know what happens with real estate prices going up? Inflation and a greater 'burden' through property taxes. People migrate: deal with that!  Red states can only limit their natural potential for growth so long. Reality is 'bursting' through those artificial defenses!

North Carolina will change, because its nature is to change.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.34  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.23    3 years ago

Explain: Mississippi's 47th economic ranking, please.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.35  Gordy327  replied to  CB @3.1.34    3 years ago
Explain: Mississippi's 47th economic ranking, please.

Mississippi is also 46th in education. And 49th in healthcare. But it is 1st in lowest life expectancy. So, yay Mississippi? jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.35    3 years ago

Doesn't look like the "Southern Strategy" helped Mississippi much, did it?

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
3.1.37  Duck Hawk  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.7    3 years ago

BULLSHIT!!! (see MTG, she is typical of the rural southerner)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.38  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.18    3 years ago
But by any measure, the south is more prosperous than it was and as it's prosperity increased, so did support for the Republican party. 

Yes and by ANY measure the south has ranked lowest in 'prosperity'. For 2020, the highest ranked state in the south is Florida at number 30

BTFW, the ENTIRE US is 'more prosperous than it was'. Southern states have remained less prosperous than the northern and the 'new' western states. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.38    3 years ago

Please regale us with some tall tales about how well the entire South was doing under total Democratic control for decades and decades.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.40  CB  replied to  Dulay @3.1.38    3 years ago

In Texas, the Governor has just 'shot the legs right out from under' the state. Texas, home of the gun connoisseur, gun lover, and  now gun freaks. How much gun liberty can one locale have before it begins to trip over itself? Texas businesses: Look out!

Is that a banana in your pocket or a really, big gun? (Attributed original quote to Mae West - Sextette.)

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.41  Gordy327  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.36    3 years ago

It would seem it didn't help much with most southern states.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.40    3 years ago

I am always touched at the level of concern ya'll have for Texas. Warms my heart knowing how much you really, really care!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.43  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.39    3 years ago

Please look up strawman and refrain from posting them in the future. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.43    3 years ago

So, no answer.

great!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.45  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.43    3 years ago

Pretty funny that another poster used a REAL strawman COMPLETELY unrelated to your post and you seemed so cool with it, too!

LOL!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.46  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.44    3 years ago

You didn't ask a question Tex. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.47  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.45    3 years ago

Still don't understand what a strawman is I see. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.46    3 years ago

No, I didn't and never claimed to have asked. What I did do was request proof for which you have provided ZIP.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.47    3 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.50  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.48    3 years ago
No, I didn't and never claimed to have asked.

Then WHY state: 'So no answer' Tex? 

What I did do was request proof for which you have provided ZIP.

You requested proof of an posit I did NOT present Tex. Again, look up strawman. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.51  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.50    3 years ago
Then WHY state: 'So no answer' Tex? 

You should follow the conversation better.

Or continue pretending you know what is being talked about.

Take your little game elsewhere to some other person who might actually give a damn about your silly word games.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.52  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.39    3 years ago
Please regale us with some tall tales about how well the entire South was doing under total Democratic control for decades and decades.

You see Texan, Dulay is talking TODAY, then you come back with your patented "BUT 100 YEARS AGO" crap. 

You have no defense for his contemporary FACTS, so you pull out a 60 - 100 year old strawman argument.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.53  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.52    3 years ago

You don't see capable of following the conversation either.

You and Dulay should get along just fine!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.54  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.51    3 years ago
You should follow the conversation better.

I'm following the conversation just fine and I identified your question for what it is, a strawman. 

Or continue pretending you know what is being talked about.

Not pretending at all Tex. 

Take your little game elsewhere to some other person who might actually give a damn about your silly word games.

Projection at it's finest. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.55  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.34    3 years ago
Mississippi's 47th economic ranking, please.

Because it has the highest black population of any state?

Now, I know leftists on here are going to chime in and call me racist because that is what they are told to do, however, what I posted is the truth.

What is also the truth is when there is a large concentration of African Americans in any city/state, there is a high probability that concentration will have a higher poverty rate than most communities surrounding it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.56  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.54    3 years ago

So much blather! Wow!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.57  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.1.55    3 years ago
Because it has the highest black population of any state?
Now, I know leftists on here are going to chime in and call me racist because that is what they are told to do, however, what I posted is the truth.

Then why end it with a question mark bugsy? 

Correlation does not imply causation? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.58  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.57    3 years ago
Then why end it with a question mark bugsy? 

Doesn't matter how I ended it. I could have ended it with an ), and the premise remains the same.

Let me guess...the white man is the causation

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.59  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.56    3 years ago

So much blather! Wow!

Translation:  Damn, he's stating facts now.  I better just deny everything I said.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.60  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.1.58    3 years ago
Doesn't matter how I ended it. I could have ended it with an ), and the premise remains the same.

So your posit is that punctuation is irrelevant in a venue where we communicate in words. Got ya. 

Let me guess...the white man is the causation

I don't know what race you are bugsy. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.61  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.59    3 years ago
Translation:  Damn, he's stating facts now.  I better just deny everything I said.

Seems like you have a real penchant for "translating" what you think you understand.

I sincerely hope you improve at it sometime in the very near future.

Because so far, every time you have attempted to "Ozzwald-splain" to me, your efforts have failed miserably.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.62  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.58    3 years ago

Somebody wants to play games!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.63  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.61    3 years ago

Because so far, every time you have attempted to "Ozzwald-splain" to me, your efforts have failed miserably.

LOL!  Spot on every time.  But you just keep spinning and spewing.

Buh bye...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.64  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.62    3 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.65  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.55    3 years ago

That's a(n). . . untruth. But let's move on for now. . .

How about West Virginia with a 48-47 economic ranking nationally (based on which site you choose) and a measly low black population. What's the 'problem' with southern prosperity growth there, bugsy?

Since you like to throw 'groups' under the bus instead of systems, that is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.66  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.63    3 years ago

adios!

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.67  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.60    3 years ago
So your posit is that punctuation is irrelevant in a venue where we communicate in words.

It is when the premise of the post is unquestionable.

"I don't know what race you are bugsy."

Never said you did.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.68  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.65    3 years ago
How about West Virginia with a 48-47 economic ranking nationally (based on which site you choose) and a measly low black population.

I don't know. That was not the original question posed.

I answered a question about Mississippi.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.69  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.68    3 years ago

Yeah, I thought so. "Dodge-ball" much? Ball is on your side of the 'net' - pitch it back when you are able. And officially the Mayor of Jackson, Chokwe Antar Lumumba, a democrat, in the capital-city, is not even partially responsible for the state being politically "Red."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.70  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.69    3 years ago

are you looking for reasons why states differ in ratings?

what real difference does it make regarding ratings. as some states have to be first and last?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.71  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.69    3 years ago

What in God's name are you talking about?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.72  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.1.67    3 years ago
It is when the premise of the post is unquestionable.

Yet you asked the question bugsy.

Never said you did.

Whoosh, right over your head. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.73  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.71    3 years ago

lol

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.74  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.71    3 years ago

Discipline is the thing. How about that critical race theory? It's very interesting, I think.  J.R. this a very good and insightful set of videos! I got through them (using fast-forward) and Mr. Wise is a very disciplined thinker! Thank you for familiarizing us with his knowledge.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.75  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.74    3 years ago

If you are thanking JR for the videos, why are you posting that as a reply to me?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.76  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.72    3 years ago
Yet you asked the question bugsy.

Not my problem you are unable to understand the premise of a statement.

"Whoosh, right over your head"

Only in the diseased mind of a leftist.

The last word is yours. I understand its importance. to you.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.77  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.75    3 years ago

Don't worry about it, bugsy. I chose to 'piggyback.'  And now thanks to your added emphasis, J.R. will definitely see it now! (Smile.)

How about that critical race theory? Quite interesting, in my opinion. What say you, bugsy? Tim Wise is one sharp thinker, eh?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.78  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.77    3 years ago

did you think he wouldn't see it in a reply to him?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.79  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.77    3 years ago
How about that critical race theory?

It is a load of horse shit.

No one should be taught that just because of the color of their skin, they should admit to being bred a racist, are a racist today and they now mean less than every other color under of the rainbow.

That, in itself, is racist.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.80  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.78    3 years ago

How about that "Assy McGee"?

A 57 second humor moment (to break the tension):

A Rude Awakening | Assy McGee | Adult Swim

'Some-thin, some-thin' for the MaGee fans of NT!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.81  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.79    3 years ago

Who said anything about being 'bred' a racist? Point out its "admission" in one or several of the videos above (if you are able). I'll lounge and wait. . . .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.82  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.79    3 years ago

I suspect that is falling on deaf ears

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.83  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.80    3 years ago

yeah, I stopped watching cartoons many years ago when I was about 10

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.84  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.81    3 years ago
Who said anything about being 'bred' a racist?

Maybe you don't understand what CRT is.

It's whole premise is to teach white children at a young age that the color of their skin is the cause of this country's problems, and in return, teaches children of color that they are victims of that whiteness.

It's bullshit no matter how a leftist tries to spin it to make it look innocent.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.85  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.82    3 years ago
I suspect that is falling on deaf ears

I'm not sure what it is falling on, but it is certainly not critical thinking.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.86  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.1.76    3 years ago
Not my problem you are unable to understand the premise of a statement.

It isn't a statement, it's a QUESTION bugsy. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.87  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.85    3 years ago

true!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.88  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.84    3 years ago

Untrue. And it's evidentially CLEAR that a mind is closed since that mind is presented with several videos and won't mention content from either of them. And being insulting as a deflection is weak. Discipline is the thing!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.89  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.85    3 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.90  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.83    3 years ago

Well, Assy (2008-2010) was post-cartoon days for you. Enjoy Assy! (Smile.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.91  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.90    3 years ago

you go right ahead. not my thing.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.92  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

To win votes... wait for it.....through "RACISM..!!"

CB
Professor Principal
3.2  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 years ago

How nice of you to direct people to ignore the pain that is in their ass. Namely, the some conservative movement. Gaslight, much? Conservatives want a 'free' society for some (and we can more and more see who is involved), but deny diversity for all!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

This guy's career is exactly what I'd imagine.  

"Many commenters criticized the commentary as reflecting white privilege, and questioned his role in the discussion of race in the United States. One commenter found Wise's remarks demeaning to anti-racist work done by people of color . [19]  Two others compared Wise to  Hugo Schwyzer , who was famous in feminist circles but later exposed for misogynistic attitudes."

Of course that happened. Guilty of taking up too much equity in the racial hustle game. It's tough to be a white liberal race hustler.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20140224173232/

This whole interaction encapsulates the absurdities of the woke crowd. The outrage, the groveling.. It's almost too ludicrous to satirize. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago
"Many commenters criticized the commentary as reflecting white privilege, and questioned his role in the discussion of race in the United States. One commenter found Wise's remarks demeaning to anti-racist work done by people of color . [19]  Two others compared Wise to  Hugo Schwyzer , who was famous in feminist circles but later exposed for misogynistic attitudes."

Oh you found an example of someone saying they didnt like Tim Wise. 

Big deal.  He has done a lot more good than harm in 26 years. 

Who ever agrees with everything someone says? 

He is on the right track . 

Race hustler?  Donald Trump , who retweeted white supremacists a couple dozen times during his 2016 presidential campaign, is a race hustler. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

I just want to drop a note here that NOT ONE of the paleo-conservatives that posted in this seed made any attempt to address the CONTENT of the videos you posted or CRT in general. Thanks for posting them, the discussion was informative. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  Dulay @4.1.1    3 years ago
the discussion was informative. 

The discussion IS informative. 

Just today, MSNBC is preparing shows over the Memorial Day weekend for stories about "Black Wall Street" (1921) Tulsa, Oklahoma destruction by a racial mob.

Of course, some conservatives will be silent in hopes that the subject will just fade away from lack of 'encouragement,' but that is not how history works, is it?

The wealth, power, and influence of this country belongs to all the citizens of this country, and not just one 'self-pleasing' lot of them!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago

Wow Sean, you cite ONE instance in 2013 to gauge the value of a 40 YEAR career. I can only wonder if you hold yourself to that standard...I doubt it. 

Oh and since you failed to block quote the wiki reference in total, I'll post the rest of the paragraph here:

Wise posted a response on Facebook saying in part, "I won't try and defend the tone of most of my remarks. It was inappropriate. Period. ... I fell into the same kind of vitriolic and sometimes personal attack mode that had gotten me angry in the first place. I shouldn't have. I will strive to do better." [19]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 years ago

I first learned of Tim Wise about 20 years ago when I was on a race relations forum. He does make his living giving lectures and symposiums about race across the country, but there is no doubt about his sincerity and knowledge of the topic. He is one of the best known white anti racism activists in the US , without doubt. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    3 years ago

Jane Elliott is my favorite. She does the work on the ground, with children and adults.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 years ago

you cite ONE instance in 2013 to gauge the value of a 40 YEAR career. I can only wonder if you hold yourself to that standard...I doubt it.

Now this is funny.  Considering the cottage industry on the left here and elsewhere that blows up incident to attack someone..

But of course, that's not what I was doing. His 40 year career as a race hustler marks him as a race hustler.

I highlighted that incident because  it nicely encapsulates how bizarre the racial grifting industry is.  Wise was being attacked by his fellow travelers. Not for the content of what he said which I'm sure was suffecuekny race obsessed to be acceptable, but for  taking up too much space in the field (read: taking up too much of the money). His allies were mad a white man was cutting them out. So Wise told them to build platforms to get their names out there.  To work and make names for themselves. That non-racist response was of course, considered racist in a world where race controls every interaction. So Wise, naturally, grovelingly apologized for the offense of telling people of color they need to work hard if they want a cut of that sweet racism cash. 

It's such a perfect example of the games race obsessed psychopaths play. 

you failed to block quote the wiki reference in total, I'll post the rest of the paragraph here:'

OOH you got me. I said he groveled and you excerpted some of his groveling.. Good one. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.3    3 years ago
Now this is funny.  Considering the cottage industry on the left here and elsewhere that blows up incident to attack someone..

Whataboutism. 

But of course, that's not what I was doing. His 40 year career as a race hustler marks him as a race hustler.

Your opinion...

I highlighted that incident because  it nicely encapsulates how bizarre the racial grifting industry is.  Wise was being attacked by his fellow travelers. Not for the content of what he said which I'm sure was suffecuekny race obsessed to be acceptable, but for  taking up too much space in the field (read: taking up too much of the money). His allies were mad a white man was cutting them out. So Wise told them to build platforms to get their names out there.  To work and make names for themselves. That non-racist response was of course, considered racist in a world where race controls every interaction. So Wise, naturally, grovelingly apologized for the offense of telling people of color they need to work hard if they want a cut of that sweet racism cash. 

I don't need a summary, I READ the link Sean. 

It's such a perfect example of the games race obsessed psychopaths play. 

Hyperbolic much? 

you failed to block quote the wiki reference in total, I'll post the rest of the paragraph here:' OOH you got me.

Nope, I don't 'get you' Sean. Nor do I have a desire to do so. 

I said he groveled

Actually you didn't but I can see why you want to pretend you did. 

and you excerpted some of his groveling.. Good one. 

Is all introspection and apology viewed as groveling from your perspective Sean? 

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.5  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    3 years ago

He looks like somebody I have seen in the (cable) news sphere before, but not in this venue. In this venue, he is 'spanking' new to me. Smart as a tack and focus nailed down, nevertheless!

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

I like this Tim Wise. He is 'right on'! So far I have listened to the first two videos. I will get on to the others.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1  CB  replied to  CB @5    3 years ago

Finished watching all the posted article-related videos above.

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 years ago

Naturalization Act of 1790

orig_7452136_21470.jpg?v=wRaaAybSf

This country aspired to better race relations and mixing; it was not always 'the plan.'   Admit it, and finally do better!

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    3 years ago

Before all this is done, I am going to do due diligence to ferret out the correct term and circumstance where some 'conservatives' of today, match up with conservatives of yesterday to decide to self-delude themselves rather than get out of the way of civil rights to all naturalized  and born citizens of this country. It's important to understand the 'root' of this, because after a time some conservatives are self-deluding again!

MoraAria
Freshman Silent
8  MoraAria    3 years ago

baucham&shtp=GetUrl&shid=ee59b1a2-79c2-44ea-be95-f3c091a7d529&shtk=Q3JpdGljYWwgUmFjZSBUaGVvcnk6IFRoZSBGYXVsdCBMaW5lcyBvZiBTb2NpYWwgSnVzdGljZSB8IEZlYXQuIERyLiBWb2RkaWUgQmF1Y2hhbQ%3D%3D&shdk=RHIuIFZvZGRpZSBCYXVjaGFtLCBwcmVhY2hlciwgcHJvZmVzc29yLCBhbmQgY3VsdHVyYWwgYXBvbG9naXN0LCBzYXlzLCDigJxBbnRpcmFjaXNtIG9mZmVycyBubyBzYWx2YXRpb27igJRvbmx5IHBlcnBldHVhbCBwZW5hbmNlIHRvIGJhdHRsZSBhbiBpbmN1cmFibGUgZGlzZWFzZS7igJ0gSm9pbiB1cyBhbmQgZGlzY292ZXIgdGhlIGRpc3R1cmJpbmcgd29ybGR2aWV3IHRoYXQgdW5kZXJsaW5lcyB0aGUgcGhpbG9zb3BoeSBvZiBzb2NpYWwganVzdGljZSBhbmQgY3JpdGljYWwgcmFjZSB0aGVvcnkuIERyLiBCYXVjaGFtIHdpbGwgYnJpbmcgdW5kZXJzdGFuZGluZyB0byB0aGVzZSBkaXZpc2l2ZSAuLi4%3D&shhk=AvgMGaWrzLibUitdP8uSvxtrorIA5yFtl3KlOD8OWz4%3D&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.dcETeml4YQpJ_PRwPacWPQEsDh

MoraAria
Freshman Silent
9  MoraAria    3 years ago

Did John Russel brought in Voddie Baucham to talk about Critical Race Theory??  Only when one have the real version of both takes one will be able to make a educated assessment on this issue. After that it’s just following your “own” ideology not necessarily what it is honestly TRUE; in which case would be your prerogative. I am not even white nor black however I concur with Baucham and many other similar thinkers on this. Good day!