╌>

Kamala Harris second big blunder

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  27 comments

Kamala Harris second big blunder
But Cruz on Tuesday said the message is already out that the "southern border is open, and anyone who wants to do harm, that’s a natural path to come in."

It is sad that the current president and vice president are incapable of answering straight forward questions, but the worst answer of all came from Harris the other day when she was interviewed by NBC News host Lester Holt. Holt had the audacity to ask her about not visiting the U.S.-Mexico border as illegal migrants continue crossing over in record numbers.

The interview was conducted in Guatemala, which was the first stop in Harris trip, which after all this time, still excludes a visit to the border.

1623064847749_tdy_news_7a_kerry_kamala_guatemala_210607_1920x1080.jpg

During the interview, Holt asked Harris, "The question that has come up, and you heard it here, and you'll hear it again I'm sure, is, 'Why not visit the border? Why not see what Americans are seeing in this crisis?'"

"Well, we are going to the border," Harris replied. "We have to deal with what's happening at the border, there's no question about that. That's not a debatable point. But we have to understand that there's a reason people are arriving at our border and ask what is that reason and then identify the problem so we can fix it."

Holt brought up the subject again later in the interview. He asked, "Do you have any plans to visit the border?"

"At some point, you know, we are going to the border. We've been to the border. So this whole thing about the border. We've been to the border. We've been to the border," Harris said.

Holt then pressed her why she had not made a trip there personally. He said, "You haven't been to the border."

"And I haven't been to Europe," Harris replied. "And, I mean, I don't understand the point that you're making. I'm not discounting the importance of the border."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kamala-harris-spars-with-lester-holt-over-not-visiting-border-i-dont-understand-your-point/ar-AAKPGtk?ocid=uxbndlbing

After this embarrassing interview Harris was attacked from both right and left. The other day Harris told Guatemalans not to come, believe it or not:

“I want to be clear to folks in the region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States-Mexico border,” she said. “Do not come. Do not come.”

Later on Monday, Oscasio-Cortez condemned Harris  on Twitter , calling her comments “disappointing to see”.

“First, seeking asylum at any US border is a 100% legal method of arrival,” said the congresswoman, an influential voice on the Democratic left since her upset win in a 2018 primary and widely known as AOC.

“Second, the US spent decades contributing to regime change and destabilization in Latin America. We can’t help set someone’s house on fire and then blame them for fleeing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/08/aoc-kamala-harris-guatemalan-migrants-comments

Then we had Senator Ted Cruz explain to the nation exactly why Harris has refused to go to the border:

"They know that if they go, the reporters will follow them, the TV cameras will follow them," the Texas Republican said on Fox News' "Fox and Friends," while commenting on  Harris' trip to Guatemala . "Their strategy is simple. It’s trying to cover this up...none of the corrupt corporate media is even acknowledging this exists. And that’s why Kamala and Joe are not going to the border, because they know if they go, it will drive the coverage, and they don’t have a solution to this crisis, so they are prepared for it to just get worse and worse and worse.”

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tedcruz-joebiden-kamalaharris-immigration/2021/06/08/id/1024365/

Harris & Biden's long hot summer is just getting started

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"He also compared Harris' warnings for migrants not to come to the U.S. border to a "hostage video."  "She was reading the words but everything she has said, everything Joe Biden has said," more importantly, everything they have done has sent exactly the opposite message. We've seen in the five months they've been in office an absolute disaster unfolding at the border."

How will the media get them out of it?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

The President of Guatemala knows whos to blame for the crises

“We asked the United States government to send more of a clear message to prevent more people from leaving,” Giammattei said.

When Biden took office, “The message changed too: ‘We’re going to reunite families, we’re going to reunite children,’” he said. “The very next day, the coyotes were here organizing groups of children to take them to the United States.”

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 years ago

Oh wow! I am slowing coming to a conviction that. . . our nation. . . simply does not want a leader to do right, to unite, or to build us u —many into One. What appears to be happening here is we're failing—ourselves. The U. S. of A. is becoming run of the mill and old already.  We're declining on the world stage. (Everyone can see our feeble attempts to hold ourselves together and they are scared, but pity us.) Our politicians 'fart' into the wind and there is nothing left over of a smell to remark about.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

U.S. job openings hit record 9.3 million – but more people ....

9 hours ago · The numbers: Companies have a record number of open jobs , but they can’t find enough people to fill them and more  workers  are quitting than ever. 

https:// www.marketwatch.com /story/u-s- job - open ing...

I bet the vast majority of the immigrants would give their eye teeth for most of those jobs, in particular the ones that did not require specialized knowledge or experience, and I bet that a lot more of those job openings are lower tier jobs that almost anyone could handle.  Maybe when the bonus pogey runs out Americans might want their jobs back, but then what if they were filled by grateful immigrants instead, eh?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    3 years ago

Immigrants who come here legally and stay here legally are more than welcome to jobs if they are authorized to work.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 years ago

Taking into consideration the massive number of job openings, maybe the processing of the immigrants should be speeded up. If America is able to manage 100 million vaccinations in 100 days, maybe it could apply that kind of effort towards processing the immigrants - surely the economy would be boosted if jobs were filled.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    3 years ago

We have enough people to fill the jobs.

Allowing people to make more on unemployment than they would make working will end at some time, and many will return to work. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    3 years ago

And in the meantime, to hell with the employers.  If I were an employer, I would tell the employee who left me in the lurch to go find a job in Mexico. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    3 years ago

C'mon Counselor - you know what it takes to get anything through the court systems.  Hell, it "usually" takes 6 to 9 months just to file a damn immigration application.  Since there are over 1.3 million "asylum/refugee" applications being processed by 465+ judges/legal aids throughout the U.S. working the process - gonna take a lotta time.

As of Jan. 1, there were 1.3 million cases pending before the country’s immigration courts, including about 360,000 asylum cases, according to TRAC data. That’s more than double the 542,411 cases pending when Donald Trump took office in 2017. Texas courts have about 162,000 pending cases, the second-largest total behind California’s 187,000. The backlog includes people from more than 200 countries.

The backlog means that asylum seekers and other undocumented immigrants often have to wait years between hearings. In El Paso courts, there was an average wait time of 715 days — or just under two years — between when a person was given a notice to appear before a judge and the next hearing. And that's a relatively quick turnaround: The average was nearly four and a half years in Dallas courts and 4.8 years in Houston courts, according to the TRAC data.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    3 years ago
And in the meantime, to hell with the employers.

Why? That's rather crazy.

If I were an employer, I would tell the employee who left me in the lurch to go find a job in Mexico. 

Rather doubtful that doing so would solve their lack of employees problem.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.4    3 years ago

Things sure had to be absolute hell back home for people to want to live in a virtual shooting gallery, but different strokes for different folks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    3 years ago

My father was loyal to his employees and they were loyal to him.  They were almost considered family.  I'm sure none of them would have quit because pogey might be more attractive, but maybe my father would have hired them back.  He went to bat for them when nobody else would.  Maybe I'm cruel even though he wasn't.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.8    3 years ago

Only the Shadow knows.....heh heh heh.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    3 years ago
"They know that if they go, the reporters will follow them, the TV cameras will follow them," the Texas Republican said on Fox News' "Fox and Friends," while commenting on  Harris' trip to Guatemala . "Their strategy is simple. It’s trying to cover this up...none of the corrupt corporate media is even acknowledging this exists. And that’s why Kamala and Joe are not going to the border, because they know if they go, it will drive the coverage, and they don’t have a solution to this crisis, so they are prepared for it to just get worse and worse and worse.”

Is that ole Ted (Carry Donald's balls) Cruz speaking? Maybe, Ted, maybe not! All the same, Donald loves to see his "apprentices" working hardddd-before he dumps them on their heads with: "You're Fired!"

As for Lester Holt, well, I guess he had to ask the question crouched on all sides by politics/politicians and 'negative nancy's' who love to hit politicians for not being able to split themselves into two people and head off in several different directions and routes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4    3 years ago

Is it simply impossible for an article to be Trump-free???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    3 years ago

It is not possible for politics today to be Trump free. Cruz is a Trump republican/conservative. Your political wing is Trump's party now.  Trump is all over this criticism of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. . . don't try to cover it up with untruths. We're smarter than that!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.1    3 years ago

Have you ever responded to one of my question-asking posts without answering with a question?

Just once would be shocking.

Not to worry, I know you are chomping at the bit to talk about Trump some more---no matter what the actual topic is. I know you aren't to blame for your obsession.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5  Gazoo    3 years ago

I love the reception giggle bitch got in Guatemala, lol.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1  CB  replied to  Gazoo @5    3 years ago

Who cares? I'm sure she has been called worse. Go for it, "break a leg" namecalling her. She won't care. She a woman and you're not.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Gazoo @5    3 years ago

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.1  Gazoo  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2    3 years ago

Lol jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2    3 years ago

The people of Guatemala have spoken!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 years ago

Yep. America is the pits. It won't be long, before our politicians are spit upon here and abroad. The once great "junior" nation of the world apparently got to big for its britches. Now, it's behind is hanging out for the whole world (poor nations too) to see and 'behold.'  Shades of "Yankee! Go home!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6    3 years ago
America is the pits.

One who feels that way would certainly be welcomed to move elsewhere.

It won't be long, before our politicians are spit upon here and abroad.

Damn, where have you been hiding for the last 70 years or so?

The once great "junior" nation of the world apparently got to big for its britches.

The world you seem to worry so much about should always remember who saved it. Here is a hint for you: America.

Now, it'sbehindis hanging out for the whole world (poor nations too) to see and 'behold.'  Shades of "Yankee! Go home!

I sure wish Americans wouldn't invest so much time worrying about what other countries think of us. What difference does it really make anyways what they think of us--I am sure when the need arises, they will come a-begging from us, not from one of the not-too-big-for-their-britches countries.