╌>

Air Force Vet, Retired State Trooper Killed in Possible White Supremacist Attack in Massachusetts

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  76 comments

By:   Elaine Aradillas (MSN)

Air Force Vet, Retired State Trooper Killed in Possible White Supremacist Attack in Massachusetts
Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins says the two bystanders, David Green and Ramona Cooper, were "executed" by the gunman

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Winthrop, Mass., shooting that killed a retired state trooper and a member of the U.S. military on Sunday is being investigated as a possible hate crime, officials said.

AALywJQ.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=734&y=612

At about 3 p.m., a gunman stole a truck and crashed it into a building before shooting two bystanders, Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins said at a news conference.

The victims were David Green, 58, and Ramona Cooper, 60, both of whom were Black.

Rollins said the shooter, identified as 28-year-old Nathan Allen, had a history of making anti-Semitic and racist statements against Black people.

AALyDEa.img?h=649&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=727&y=663

"This individual wrote about the superiority of the white race," Rollins said. "About whites being 'apex predators.' He drew swastikas."

During his rampage, Allen approached each of the victims and shot them multiple times, Rollins stated. Cooper was shot three times in the back, she said, and Green was shot four times in the head and three times in the torso. He was "executed," she said.

Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins says the two bystanders, David Green and Ramona Cooper, were "executed" by the gunman

"[Allen] walked by several other people that were not Black and they are alive," Rollins said. "They were not harmed."

Police officers were quickly called to the scene where they confronted Allen and engaged in a shootout that left him dead. The investigation is ongoing, Rollins said.

Green served with the Massachusetts State Police for 36 years and retired in 2016.

"Trooper Green was widely respected and well-liked by his fellow Troopers, several of whom yesterday described him as a 'true gentleman' and always courteous to the public and meticulous in his duties," according to a statement released from Colonel Christopher Mason at the Massachusetts State Police.

"Trooper David Green more than upheld the ideals of integrity, professionalism, and service to others that are the hallmarks of a great Trooper. We are heartbroken by his loss and offer our condolences to his family and friends."

Earlier in the day, Green met up with his friend Nick Tsiotis, who says he's known Green for 50 years, TV station CBS Boston reported.

"He left about 2 o'clock, that's the last time I saw him," Tsiotis said. "I lost my best friend, a great great guy."

Meanwhile, Cooper was a retired staff sergeant in the U.S. Air Force who was still involved with the military, according to Rollins.

Her son Gary spoke to the station and described his mother as a "good person."

"We shouldn't be hating on other people based on the color of their skin but I guess we are not there yet," Gary told the station in a separate interview. "I got sick to my stomach when I found out it was racially motivated."

The county's district attorney says she is committed to finding answers for the families of Green and Cooper.

"These two people protected our rights. They fought for us to be safe and to have the opinions that we have, and they were executed," Rollins said. "And we will find out why and find out more about this man that did this."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Rollins said the shooter, identified as 28-year-old Nathan Allen, had a history of making anti-Semitic and racist statements against Black people.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
“At this preliminary stage of the investigation, the excellent work of law enforcement has already unearthed troubling white supremacy rhetoric and statements written by the shooter,” Rollins   said in a statement   late Sunday. “This individual wrote about the superiority of the white race. About whites being ‘apex predators.’ He drew swastikas.”

The writings seem to put Allen’s subsequent actions into context. He specifically shot Cooper and Green, who were Black, according to the D.A. He did not shoot others he encountered. These people were not Black.

“This shooter was married and employed,” Rollins said. “He had a Ph.D. and no criminal history. To all external sources he likely appeared unassuming. And then, yesterday afternoon he stole a box truck, crashed it into another vehicle and a property, walked away from the wreckage interacting with multiple individuals and choosing only to shoot and kill the two Black people he encountered.”

Nathan Allen Killed Ramona Cooper and David Green: District Attorney (lawandcrime.com)

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

Nathan Allen? Just another solid citizen with no priors and a license to carry.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

Nathan Allen? Just another solid citizen with no priors and a license to carry.

In other words, a good guy with a gun.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1    3 years ago

In other words, a big old Red Herring and a really smelly one at that.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    3 years ago
In other words, a big old Red Herring and a really smelly one at that.

That's not a denial...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.2    3 years ago

No ...... it is what i said it is.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

RIP to the Trooper and the vet. 

Allen a good guy until he wasn't.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1  bbl-1  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Perhaps Allen has not been 'a good guy' for quite awhile.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  bbl-1 @4.1    3 years ago

No criminal record but of course that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot since there were many other flags. 

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    3 years ago

Noted. (Sadness.) Lord, we thank you for their time and services to humanity. As for the young man who did this, may God forgive him and have mercy on his soul.

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 years ago

They look like such peaceful people. Some people will never know just how sweet-spirited Black Americans can be. They only hang around the horror and the rude or don't bother to 'hang around' at all. Racism is a disease that sickens the mind of those who "catch" it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Who cares? Just two murders, right John?  why should anyone care?  The overwhelming number of people in Suffolk county aren’t getting murdered so it’s just needless hysteria to even talk about this.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    3 years ago

Other than the fact that this tragedy left two apparently very good people dead, the white supremacy angle is more or less a huge nothing-burger and nothing but a highly overemphasized political narrative.  

All three of these people were much more statistically likely to be murdered by a minority and by a wide margin.

As ugly as this POS actions were, those are the facts of the matter.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1  CB  replied to  Sparty On @8    3 years ago
All three of these people were much more statistically likely to be murdered by a minority and by a wide margin.

And yet, it defies statistics that a racist youth killed two "very good people dead." Sparty On, it is a disgrace to cloud the issue with what did not happen. It serves no meaningful purpose to the victims or the narrative of gun violence occurring among young White males against a minority group (some of whom are clearly seeking to start a race war). Issues that are distinct, do not need to be made obscure by commenters.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @8.1    3 years ago
And yet, it defies statistics that a racist youth killed two "very good people dead.

No it doesn't.   Not unless the "racist youth group" you are talking about is statistically a null set.

I'd try to explain that statistical concept to you but i doubt it would bear much fruit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.1    3 years ago
"I'd try to explain that statistical concept to you but i doubt it would bear much fruit."

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @8    3 years ago
the white supremacy angle is more or less a huge nothing-burger and nothing but a highly overemphasized political narrative.  

The district attorney there specifically says these were racially motivated murders committed by someone who has spouted white supremacy on social media. 

It is not the same as random killings without those aspects. . 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    3 years ago

Classic liberal logic and completely irrational.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.2.1    3 years ago

No, you are the completely irrational one.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @8    3 years ago

Sparty,

The article doesn't even mention politics so how can you make it about politics? It's about being a massive bigot, not only to blacks but also to Jews. So no, it is not a nothing burger. 

The fact of the matter was that they are not a statistic, but two human beings killed by a monster.

The fact is that he expressed his feelings and his hate was there for all to see. But that wasn't enough for him, he had to take his hate out on two innocent people. 

That is all that matters.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.3    3 years ago

Perrie,

Even though the mutual admiration society clearly agrees with you whole hardheartedly ..... i don't.   Nothing new there in either regard.

I don't view that i did made it about politics.   Our dear readers can do that for themselves if they so chose and some will.   I made it about the same thing the article clearly pointed out.   A disturbed young white man who clearly leaned towards a white supremacy mentality.   A mentality that the left tries to gin up as greater problem than it really is.   These two murder, while as already noted were tragic" are a nothing-burger compared to minority on minority or minority on white violence and yet many on the left would have you believe it's the biggest threat to Americans out there.

Sorry but the data doesn't support that supposition.   Not even close.

That said, i never defended his actions.   The opposite in fact and that is all that matters. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago

keep trying, I'm sure you'll get there soon...

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago
"A mentality that the left tries to gin up as greater problem than it really is."

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

"These two murder, while as already noted were tragic" are a nothing-burger compared to minority on minority or minority on white violence and yet many on the left would have you believe it's the biggest threat to Americans out there."

DEFLECTION, PROJECTION AND DENIAL TO THE NTH DEGREE.  

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.5  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago
Racially and ethnically motivated terrorism—especially from white supremacists—is “on the rise and spreading geographically,” the U.S. State Department said in a new report , as white terrorist threats continue to come to light across the United States.

You can try to down play it all you want, the fact is it is there and on the rise.

Instead of acknowledging that you try to bring up minority crimes against white people?

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.6  Ender  replied to  devangelical @8.3.3    3 years ago

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago
Sorry but the data doesn't support that supposition.

Then show us the data. You made the claim now go do your homework.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.8  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.7    3 years ago

I don't need to.   Any fifth grader knows it's not a empty set.

Took me off ignore eh?   Funny!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.7    3 years ago

Sparty's argument appears to be that because there is more black on black crime than crime committed by white  supremacists, talking about the crime committed by white supremacists is over reaction and a "nothingburger". 

This is kind of the definition example of comparing apples and oranges. 

Black on black crime is presumably not racially motivated, and thus has more in common with white on white crime than with white supremacist on black crime. 

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.10  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.9    3 years ago

Sounds like excusing it to me.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.8    3 years ago

This is why I have to put you on ignore. You're the CEO of the All Snark Channel.

No...this is how it works. You make a claim you back it up. Did you take a debate class? Ever have a section of debate in your English classes? 

It's Debate 101

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.9    3 years ago

He's also claiming that there is more black on white crime than white on black crime.

He doesn't even need a backhoe to dig that hole

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.9    3 years ago

More crazy liberal logic.

Let me put it this way since the echo is so loud in this chamber.

Dead is dead.   I could put a banana peel on the sidewalk with the hope that you will slip on it, crack your skull open and die.   Or i could just walk up to you and shoot you in the head so you die.

You are equally dead.   Does matter which color we both were.   Doesn't matter what method or weapon was used.

Dead is dead and when liberals try to rationalize that one method/reason for intended murder is somehow worse than another.   That dog don't hunt for me.

And i promise you, it don't hunt for any of the people who were murdered or their family, friends or loved ones either.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.13    3 years ago

The only echo is in your head.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @8.3.5    3 years ago

Another victim of his white privilege.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.16  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.11    3 years ago

You got zero room to talk  [removed]

That's Humanity 100

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.17  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.13    3 years ago

Exactly what I thought - you have nothing, nada, zip, zilch, diddly squat to support your ignorance.  

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.18  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.15    3 years ago

Just sounds like he is trying to rationalize racism.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @8.3.18    3 years ago

Only to an irrational mind.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.20  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.19    3 years ago

Your words are there for everyone to see.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.21  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @8.3.20    3 years ago

Lol .... i know that and it changes nothing.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.9    3 years ago
k on black crime than crime committed by white  supremacists, talking about the crime committed by white supremacists is over rea

You argue that hundreds of extra deaths in just a single city don't matter and aren't worth discussing because they affect so few people.  How you go from dismissing a 14 PERCENT increase in murders  to gnashing your teeth over 2 single murders is beyond rational explanation. 

If you apply your own arguments from a different thread, these deaths aren't worth discussing because 99.9% of the people in that community won't be murdered by white racists.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.23  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.13    3 years ago

Now I think you are actually digging a deeper hole. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.22    3 years ago

No , your constant twisting and turning to support right wing craziness is what defies explanation. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.16    3 years ago
You got zero room to talk as the self admitted queen of snark.

At least I can admit to my snarkiness. When was the last time you admitted to a character flaw?

That's Humanity 100

Is this your way of calling me sub-human? Oh...let me give you your next comment: DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ender
Professor Principal
8.3.26  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.22    3 years ago

Look squirrel. Can't talk about racism because other crimes have occurred....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.27  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.23    3 years ago

Well John, i'm not really concerned about the people who think that here.   Most are so far out in left field they can't see home plate anymore.  

Lastly this thread isn't about me, no matter how hard you and the shock troops here try to make it so.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.28  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.25    3 years ago

You aren't stupid TG, you knew exactly what i meant.   And it's not what you are suggesting ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.29  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.27    3 years ago

You're the one making it about you sparky.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.30  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.22    3 years ago

Again, many have math issues here.   Trying to explain the significance of crime and violence when related to Demographics percentages almost always splats right over a liberals head.   Some are smart enough to get it but still push the false narrative.   Those are the fundamentalists, the true believers of the lie.   Those are the really messed up ones.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.29    3 years ago

I'm done with him. He can just keep twisting in the wind but I refuse to be part of a Sparty-Centered Meta Fest

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.3.32  Hallux  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.13    3 years ago
That dog don't hunt for me.

I hear your dog chases parked cars.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.3.33  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago

Sparty,

First of all, I was unaware that I had a mutual admiration society and I don't post for that reason. I post rarely and only when I feel that I have something relevant to say on the topic. I don't post for anyone else but myself.

I took the time to read the article and the commentary and I didn't see anyone trying it to politics.  This is not a left or right thing. It is a hate thing. A white supremacy thing. Something that personally affects me. He could have just as easily walked into a synagogue and shot up a pile of Jews. What demographic does that fit in with? The same ones that showed up at Charolletsville? Remember them? The blacks will not replace us. The Jews will not replace us.

You say that the data doesn't support that. Yet the ADL says otherwise and they are not a left or a right group. They are a Jewish group and according to them and the FBI, there has been a rise in both antisemitic attacks and race attacks. Here is an article that makes a point of saying that you can't tie it to politics. 

And to clarify, I never said you defended his actions. What I was addressing was that he is not a statistic. He was an ex-cop and his wife, who probably lived in a nice safe neighborhood, like my neighbor across the street. Nobody should be treated as a statistic when it comes to hate. The hate needs to be addressed because I don't want to be a statistic. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.34  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.24    3 years ago

Good move on your part not even bothering to pretend you can logically defend your position on murder victims.  Admitting it comes down to which deaths are politically exploitable isn't a  good look for you. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3.35  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.34    3 years ago

What I said is that an increase in murder rates does not justify hysteria. Particularly when generated from the political right which is looking to attack Democrats position on the police. 

That is a different topic than a white supremacist executing two black people because he hates non whites. 

There is no inconsistency in what I say. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.36  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3.35    3 years ago
in murder rates does not justify hysteria

Hysteria would be widespread looting and rioting that cost dozens of lives and billions of damage.  What examples do we have of people acting  hysterically over an act  that as, you call it, is statistically insignificant?

different topic than a white supremacist executing two black people because he hates non white

Nonsense. The topic is murder victims. You dismiss any attention to murders in Chicago because you claim hardly anyone is effected by them.  Yet many less people are affected by white murdering blacks because they hate non whites. It's a unicorn event. Why should people care about this event, given that white murdering non whites for hate is much more rare than the murders in Chicago or anywhere else that don't affect anyon

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.37  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.2    3 years ago
I don't view that i did made it about politics.  

Yet you clearly DID Sparty. You insisted that the 'the white supremacy angle' was  'nothing but a highly overemphasized political narrative.' 

I made it about the same thing the article clearly pointed out.

Actually, as quoted above, you tried to make it about anything other than what the article pointed out. 

A disturbed young white man who clearly leaned towards a white supremacy mentality.  

The dude was a self avowed white supremist. 

A mentality that the left tries to gin up as greater problem than it really is.  

A mentality that the right tries to pretend is dormant and benign. Their claim is BS.

These two murder, while as already noted were tragic" are a nothing-burger compared to minority on minority or minority on white violence and yet many on the left would have you believe it's the biggest threat to Americans out there.

How MANY on the left Sparty? No one here has said they believe that. Who the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry but the data doesn't support that supposition.   Not even close.

As I have already stated, your data is faulty and fails to support your posit. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.38  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.31    3 years ago

I've heard that before ... more than once actually.  

Maybe for both our sakes you'll stick to it this time,

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.39  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.3.33    3 years ago

Perrie,

First of all, I was unaware that I had a mutual admiration society and I don't post for that reason. I post rarely and only when I feel that I have something relevant to say on the topic. I don't post for anyone else but myself.

I never said you post for that reason and yet all one has to do is read the all responses here and observe the "likes" to understand what i'm talking about.   Nothing has changed here.   The pack mentality of that crew pervades any "controversial" discussion like this.   Again, i never said you asked for that but it is what it is.

I took the time to read the article and the commentary and I didn't see anyone trying it to politics.  This is not a left or right thing. It is a hate thing. A white supremacy thing. Something that personally affects me. He could have just as easily walked into a synagogue and shot up a pile of Jews. What demographic does that fit in with? The same ones that showed up at Charolletsville? Remember them? The blacks will not replace us. The Jews will not replace us.

You say that the data doesn't support that. Yet the ADL says otherwise and they are not a left or a right group. They are a Jewish group and according to them and the FBI, there has been a rise in both antisemitic attacks and race attacks. Here is an article that makes a point of saying that you can't tie it to politics. 

Again, i'm not the one making this political imo.  

My comment simply points out that White Supremacy, while ugly and vile, is not as big a problem as other sectors of violent crime in the US.   Not even close actually and yet it gets the "stop the presses" treatment EVERY time something like this happens.   By comparison some other sectors are so much more pervasive they would need to be emphasized, every day, multiple times a day to be remotely equivalent in the "stop the presses" treatment and yet that doesn't generally happen.   There's so much of that it wouldn't reasonable to expect that it would get the same treatment.   It's all that would be in the news every day.   

Myself i try not to make value judgements about crime like this.   To me a child that gets killed by a stray bullet is no more or less tragic than these two folks.   All are equally tragic, none of them deserved it.   The same people who emphasize white supremacy crime are clearly numb to the intensity of those other violent crime sectors.   Otherwise all would get the same treatment, as equally heinous, and not rationalizations like some people try to make here that one is somehow worse than the other.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.40  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @8.3.37    3 years ago
Yet you clearly DID Sparty. You insisted that the 'the white supremacy angle' was  'nothing but a highly overemphasized political narrative.' 

Nope

Actually, as quoted above, you tried to make it about anything other than what the article pointed out. 

Nah

The dude was a self avowed white supremist. 

No one is arguing that

A mentality that the right tries to pretend is dormant and benign.

Not me

How MANY on the left Sparty? No one here has said they believe that. Who the fuck are you talking about?

Lol .... that narrative is all over the mass media and liberal mentality.   One would need to be completely obtuse to not notice it.   So there it goes ......

As I have already stated, your data is faulty and fails to support your posit. 

Already asked and answered

Boy ..... i really missed these scintillating talks with you Dulay .......

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.3.41  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.39    3 years ago

Sparty,

First of all, on any given day, we get reporting on violent crime, gang crime, and random shootings, so it does go noted by our press. 

The reason that white supremacy killings get noted is that they represent a group that actively recruits and has a very specific agenda, which is hate, and because the movement is growing, it does represent a problem. Nazi Germany didn't happen overnight. It happened gradually, and everyone poo-pooed it until they couldn't but then it was too late. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.42  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.40    3 years ago

Nope.

Are you claiming that I misquoted you or that you didn't MEAN what you clearly said? 

Nah

Sparty, YOU are the first person in this seed to mention politics in ANY way. Politics is NOT mentioned in the seed and in FACT, politics is ONLY discussed in this thread, starting with YOUR comment. Own it. 

No one is arguing that.

YOU tried to play down the murderer's white supremist motive Sparty. 

'Leaning towards a white supremacy mentality.'  

The murderer wasn't 'leaning' Sparty, he dove in and wallowed in it with relish. 

Not me

Really? YOU said that white supremacy is 'A mentality that the left tries to gin up as greater problem than it really is.' It sure as fuck looks like it IS you...

Lol .... that narrative is all over the mass media and liberal mentality.   One would need to be completely obtuse to not notice it.   So there it goes ......

You know where that 'narrative' may have come from Sparty? I'll give you a hint: the Director of the FBI testified about it before Congress. So while it is indeed a 'narrative', it's a FACTUAL narrative. 

Already asked and answered Boy ..... i really missed these scintillating talks with you Dulay .......

Yes, you said you 'misspoke' and then posted data that doesn't support your posit. Well done. 

Oh and BTFW, at least we ARE having a 'talk' here on NT. On NV, you did your best to delete my comments and ban me from groups. In that way [and others], NT is far and away a better forum...

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.43  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.22    3 years ago

Look, Sean what the hell are you arguing about? There are two  innocent and three people dead in this article! Why can't you focus on the "breaking news"?

Is it "rational" that we get rid of breaking news as superfluous?

What are we reserving discussion space for if not "news"?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.44  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @8.3.42    3 years ago

[removed]

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.4  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8    3 years ago

That is false. Per the DOJ, 84% of white victims are murdered by whites. 

JBB
Professor Principal
8.4.1  JBB  replied to  Dulay @8.4    3 years ago

False as in a big fat lie racist tell themselves! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @8.4    3 years ago

Poor choice of words, i stand corrected.   What i intended to point out was the disparity of homicide offender representation.

According to the 2019 FBI data non Hispanic/Latino whites represent about 60% of the US population but only about 41% of the homicide offenders.   African Americans on the other hand over-represent with about 56% of all homicide offenses even though they are only about 13% of the population.

The data speaks for itself.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.4.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8.4.3    3 years ago
"The data speaks for itself."

Nope.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.4.5  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8.4.3    3 years ago
What i intended to point out was the disparity of homicide offender representation.

Sure you did Sparty. /s

The data speaks for itself.

Yet it DOESN'T speak to YOUR position and is irrelevant to the topic of the seed.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.4.6  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @8.4.5    3 years ago
Sure you did Sparty. /s

That exactly what i intended.  No need to waste your meta on it though since i could care less what YOU think.

Yet it DOESN'T speak to YOUR position and is irrelevant to the topic of the seed

Yes it does, you just can't and/or refuse to see it.   SOSDD for you .....

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.4.7  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8.4.6    3 years ago
That exactly what i intended. 

Yes, you have me convinced that you would have corrected your mistake without me intervening. /s

No need to waste your meta on it though since i could care less what YOU think. Yes it does, you just can't and/or refuse to see it.   SOSDD for you .....

I did and do see what YOU admitted Sparty. 

Poor choice of words, i stand corrected.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.4.8  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @8.4.7    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.4.9  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @8.4.8    3 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    3 years ago

This story breaks my heart so completely all-around that I can hardly stay on it. . . . Pure, unadulterated, hatred. The story does not say this, but maybe suggest it:

At about 3 p.m., a gunman stole a truck and crashed it into a building before shooting two bystanders, .  .  .  .

I could deliver a speech or sermon on this aspect alone. The beauty of people given to service coming to 'tend' to a crash victim. See how they could help. Or just waiting in the wings to see if the services of Good Samaritans are needed. The hate-fueled bigot knowing he is 'there' to injury, kill, and worse be killed. If you are so hate-filled that death is considered a positive release-just shoot yourself and save other people the diminishing 'returns' to their own mornings, evenings, and nights.

It's time. The time is upon us. Racist is more than evil. It is an abiding CURSE.  A chronic malignant disease. A vile mental disease attached to the mind. A spiritual destroyer.

Caring pastors and preachers, forget politicians who can't cope, it is time to speak about the curse that is harboring in some of your congregants and/or their children. It is time for church leaders (responsible for moral health and leadership) to speak out against this utterly corrupting sickness and depreciation of the minds of youth and old alike!

I call out the Church: Churches if you can not significantly decrease the impact of racism in our next generation through preaching and teaching: What good are thou?

What good is all the repeating Sunday 'Services'? What good does Sunday School accomplish if not defeating curses and pulling down racism as a 'stronghold'?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

For anyone who cares:

Users on social media are sharing an image that features misleading data on black and white murder rates. Based on existing U.S. government data, all the figures are false.

The image alleges, for example, that 81% of white murder victims are killed by Blacks. Data from the FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice show on the contrary that more than 80% of white murder victims are killed by whites.

Posts with the claim are visible here , here and here .

The image lists the following categories: “whites killing blacks 2%”, “police killing whites 3%”, “whites killing whites 16%”, “blacks killing whites 81%”, “police killing blacks 1%” and “blacks killing blacks 97%”. No dates are specified, and the data is attributed to “stats from Wikipedia”.

In the “Homicide” section of Wikipedia’s Race and Crime in the United States entry here , the site quotes a report by the U.S. Department of Justice visible here (see page 13). The report, which analyzes Homicide Trends in the U.S. between 1980-2008, found that within that period “most murders were intraracial”, with 84% of white victims killed by whites and 93% of Black victims killed by Black perpetrators.

According to the FBI’s Expanded Homicide data from 2018, the most recent report of this kind Reuters was able to find ( here ), 80.7% of the murders of white people were committed by white offenders (2,677 of a total of 3,315) while 15.5% of the murders of white people were committed by Black offenders (514).

The social media post also alleges white offenders committed 2% of the murders of Black victims. According to the FBI’s data, 8% of the reported murders of Black people were committed by white offenders (234 of a total of 2,925) and 88.9% by Black offenders (2,600).

FBI data from 2017 also follows this trend: 80.2% of white victims were killed by white offenders, 8.9% of Black victims were killed by whites, 88.5% of Black victims were killed by Blacks, and 16.1% of whites were killed by Blacks ( here ).

A Reuters Fact Check visible here shows that FBI data for 2013 also maintained this trend.

You can read more at the link.

Yes, statistics/percentages do matter