╌>

Omar blasted for remarks about Jews in Congress: 'This is what a modern day Muslim Supremacist looks like'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   Ronn Blitzer (MSN)

Omar blasted for remarks about Jews in Congress: 'This is what a modern day Muslim Supremacist looks like'
Rep. Ilhan Omar's latest remarks about Israel and Jewish members of Congress have sparked backlash, as the Minnesota Democrat expressed zero regret for comparing Israel to Hamas and the Taliban.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Ilhan Omar's latest remarks about Israel and Jewish members of Congress have sparked backlash, as the Minnesota Democrat expressed zero regret for comparing Israel to Hamas and the Taliban.

In a CNN interview on Tuesday, Omar said she does not regret her tweet from earlier this month in which she lumped Israel, the U.S., Hamas, and the Taliban together. When asked if she knows why fellow Democrats - particularly Jews - found previous comments of hers about Israel to be anti-Semitic, Omar accused them of not being "partners in justice" while claiming that she herself "knows what it feels like to experience injustice in ways that many of my colleagues don't."

ILHAN OMAR TELLS CNN: 'I DON'T REGRET EQUATING US AND ISRAEL WITH THE TALIBAN, BLAMES JEWISH LAWMAKERS

The interview sparked swift backlash on social media.

"Omar's comments draw on classic antisemitic themes about Jewish clannishness, the notion that Jews only look out for themselves. They're also plainly false," said Avi Mayer of the American Jewish Committee. "Jewish lawmakers have been on the front lines, fighting for human rights in America and globally."

"So Jews should learn from @IlhanMN what it's like to experience injustice?" questioned journalist Annika Rothstein. "No one can ever say Ilhan Omar didn't show the world exactly who and what she is."

The condemnation has not been solely from Jews. Asra Nomani, vice president of Parents Defending Education and cofounder of the Muslim Reform Movement, had perhaps the harshest criticism of Omar.

"This is what a modern day Muslim Supremacist looks like," Nomani tweeted. "Ilhan Omar speaks to @jaketapper + rebukes Jewish Democratic colleagues for failing to be 'partners in injustice.' Her wound is bigger than their wound—a wound collector in the Oppression Olympics."

Zionist Organization of America president Morton Klein called Omar an "[i]gnorant antisemite," calling for Democrats "to condemn her&remove her from every committee."

The Republican Jewish Coalition called on their Democratic counterparts to "join us in calling out" Omar.

Jay Sekulow, attorney for former President Donald Trump, similarly said that Omar "is past due to be censured & removed from committees," calling her "a repeat offender for antisemitic rhetoric."

Seth Mandel of the Washington Examiner Magazine said it is only a matter of time before Omar completely alienates herself.

"Everybody's got a line. If she stays in Congress long enough she'll cross everyone's," he said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

This woman doesn't get it and I doubt she has the intelligence to ever get it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

And yet some here give her and the rest the 'Squad' their full support

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Can someone please post Ilhan Omar's MOST anti-semitic comment so I can evaluate it? 

I will consider the allegation that she is anti-semitic if I see her most anti-semitic comment and then see where things stand. 

There is a long standing dispute as to whether criticism of Israel = anti-semitism.  

According to all accepted definition, Israel is a Jewish state. A couple years ago Netanyahu and others in Israeli policy making positions made that very clear. Therefore one could argue that any criticism of Israel is anti-semitic.  But is that fair?

I am not saying that Omar is not anti-semitic, I am saying what is the evidence outside of criticisms or attacks on Israeli policies concerning the Palestinians. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

If one wants to equate criticism with anti-semitism well then I guess I am anti-Semitic since I have repeatedly stated I wish the entire area (Israel, West Bank, Gaza) would just sink into the Mediterranean.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
Can someone please post Ilhan Omar's MOST anti-semitic comment so I can evaluate it?

That would be up to you to research and look at.

I will consider the allegation that she is anti-semitic if I see her most anti-semitic comment and then see where things stand. 

That's nice. Many have already decided that the stuff she says is anti-Semitic.

There is a long standing dispute as to whether criticism of Israel = anti-semitism. 

Not really. Most adults know that criticizing a country for deeds or policies is a far cry from being anti-Semitic.

I am not saying that Omar is not anti-semitic, I am saying what is the evidence outside of criticisms or attacks on Israeli policies concerning the Palestinians. 

That's good, because to say otherwise would be foolish.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

You may have forgotten...for one...(and there have been others)

"It's all about the Benjamins"

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

She does need to back off the Jews. Honestly of all 3 of the 3 Abrahamic religions Judaism is the one I have the least problem with. Primarily because they are the ones in the US who shove their idiotic beliefs on everyone’s face the least. 

Muslims and Christians on the other hand…

And Omar remember, you dumbass religion is a rip off of the Christian dumbass religion, which is itself a rip off of the Jewish dumbass religion. Really you are all the same to me.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    3 years ago

To put this into some perspective, Rep Ilhan Omar is currently the only Muslim Member of the US House of Representatives. She is the first Muslim American woman ever elected to the US House or the Senate.

There are ten Jewish Democrats in the Senate but zero Jewish Republicans in the US Senate. That says a lot...

There are 27 Jewish Members of the House. 2 are Republicans. 25 are Democrats. 

There are 435 Members of the House. 100 Senators.

I imagine Omar would have a different perspective...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @4    3 years ago
"Rep Ilhan Omar is currently the only Muslim Member of the US House of Representatives."

Did Rashida Tlaib resign?