╌>

Nepotism, bungling or maybe a lot worse

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  26 comments

Nepotism, bungling or maybe a lot worse
“This is the most botched election results reporting by an official agency I’ve ever seen in the U.S.,” Dave Wasserman of the Cook Political Report wrote

The NYC Election Board committed an incredible "error" in its announcement of results on Tuesday. In its count, it included 135,000 votes that did not actually exist, in other words made-up votes that the board had created to test its ranked-choice software. It described the mistake as a “discrepancy” in a tweet on Tuesday.

How could this happen?

From a New York Times "investigation" last year:

"As the workings of American democracy have become more complex — with sophisticated technology, early voting and the threat of foreign interference — New York has clung to a century-old system of local election administration that is one of the last vestiges of pure patronage in government, a relic from the era of powerful political clubhouses and Tammany Hall. …

Some staffers read or watch Netflix at the office, the employees said. Others regularly fail to show up for work, with no fear of discipline. Several employees said some staffers punch in and then leave to go shopping or to the gym."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/nyregion/nyc-voting-election-board.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210701&instance_id=34318&nl=the-morning&regi_id=104651630&segment_id=62277&te=1&user_id=d16359b149837b80d970aea78c8f0c4c

Here is the problem:

There wasn't much change for the front runner with Eric Adams having a small lead over Kathryn Garcia - by 15,000 votes, or 2.2 percentage points — in the final round. However, the botched tabulation of last week results from the early and day-of voters showed frontrunner Eric Adams at about 32 percent, Maya Wiley at 22 percent, Kathryn Garcia at 20 percent and Andrew Yang at 12 percent. Now the revised figures show Garcia running a close second.

The test votes were cast for whom?

Don't tell us it might just be another radical leftist?

No wonder so many people don't trust elections or the news media or school boards or even discussion sites. 

Rep. Elise Stefanik, of New York put it best: "I'm looking forward to the far left (Democrats) of NYC joining me in supporting election audits and strengthening election integrity," she said in a tweet Wednesday.  "Will the media meltdown like they do about Republicans who want to strengthen elections? Methinks not."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Who can we trust?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Don't you know according to the Democrats there is never any fraud, mistakes, or errors in voting or tabulations; unless they don't get the results they want that is.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago

It does seem a bit dishonest, doesn't it?

Then again, look what they did to their own Police Department.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

[removed]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

It shows how easily the Dems can and do commit fraud

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    3 years ago

[removed]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

I thought it was....In God We Trust.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    3 years ago
I thought it was

The key word is was. It is no longer so.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Here’s how elections should work - one eligible citizen, one vote.  Add them up and the candidate with the most votes wins the election.  This should be especially applicable to POTUS elections.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

Sorry. Democrats cannot marginalize fly over country no matter how hard they try. Remove the Electoral College and the Democrat presidential candidates won't show up in fly over country even for a photo op.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    3 years ago

That’s like saying it’s unfair to marginalize the 20 rednecks that are part of a 50 person panel voting on something that effects them all, so their votes should carry more weight.  That’s not how democracy (or fairness) works.  If your party wants to be part of a fair policy process then present policy initiatives that are popular, period.  And fuck that tired ass bullshit about how important it is for candidates to show up in person in fly over country.  What is this, 1920?  There are unlimited ways to reach the electorate without showing up in person to eat a fucking corn dog.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    3 years ago

To be honest, neither will Republican candidates. They will all focus their attention on large cities and areas of the country to cover 51% of the voting population and call it good. 

To get rid of the Electoral College would put an end to State's Rights with a big stake thru the heart of the country.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

You should implore your reps to start a Constitutional Amendment process.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2    3 years ago
ou should implore your reps to start a Constitutional Amendment process.

I think leftists need to learn what the Constitution is before they do that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.2.1    3 years ago

You're right, start them on the basics!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.2    3 years ago
You're right, start them on the basics!

I think we also need to educate them that this country did not come into existence before 1776, and there was no such thing as Americans before then. The 1619 bullshit narrative is just that.....bullshit....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @2.2.3    3 years ago

Indeed it is.  1619 propaganda is a libel against our exceptional America.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

I don't want to forget:

Trump is off topic

I am off topic

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

What I find particularly amusing in the oft repeated suggestion that it is only Democrats who might screw up or miscount votes. 

The republicans want to "audit" every democrat leaning county in the country, as if Republican strongholds wouldnt make mistakes or demonstrate incompetence. Its laughable. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

That’s right up there with Republicans using the reality of Republicans being caught in voter fraud as reason to insist that voter fraud is real.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1    3 years ago

Do not expect honesty from the gop or else, prepare yourself to be disappointed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I don't recall any kind of problem whatsoever concerning voting at any level in Canada.  Paper ballots, pencils, observers from all candidate parties.  Seems the more complicated it is the more can go wrong with it - hanging chads, voting machines, States rights, electoral system, vulnerable internet, etc etc etc.