╌>

Trump fans spread lies that the military is 'ready to act' to reinstate him after Arizona 'audit'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  43 comments

By:   Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism

Trump fans spread lies that the military is 'ready to act' to reinstate him after Arizona 'audit'
A new Facebook meme making the rounds among Trump supporters is falsely claiming that the American military is "ready to act" to put him back in the White House at the conclusion of the widely panned Arizona "audit" of the 2020 election. According to PolitiFact, the meme featured a video about t...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

image.jpg?width=1200&height=645 Donald Trump speaking with supporters at a campaign rally at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona. (Gage Skidmore/Flickr)

A new Facebook meme making the rounds among Trump supporters is falsely claiming that the American military is "ready to act" to put him back in the White House at the conclusion of the widely panned Arizona "audit" of the 2020 election.

According to PolitiFact, the meme featured a video about the Arizona audit that claimed that the "deep state" would soon be panicking after it exposed purported fraud that cost Trump the election.

"This stuff is coming out and showing what actually happened with the 2020 election," the video states. "The storm is on its way."

A caption accompanying the video reads, "Military ready to act on audit results."

In reality, even if the "audit" conclusively proved that the election was stolen from Trump, it would not automatically "reinstate" him as president and the American military would not recognize him as its legitimate commander in chief.

"The reference to the military in the Facebook post is vague about what group is standing 'ready,'" writes PolitiFact. "But spokespersons for state and federal units said their agencies are not involved in responding to the Maricopa ballot review."

The "audit" of the 2020 election has drawn widespread criticism and ridicule from elections experts, who have called it unprofessional and completely biased.

Among other things, auditors have been mocked for searching for bamboo fibers in ballots, which they say would prove nefarious Chinese influence over Arizona's elections last year. Additionally, some Trump supporters have accused Maricopa County elections official of shredding Trump ballots, feeding them to chickens, and then having the chickens incinerated to cover up the evidence.

SmartNews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Trumpsters will even ruin the 4th of July weekend in order to spread their bullshit. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

[removed]

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    3 years ago

[removed]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    3 years ago

[removed]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    3 years ago

your comment is going to be flagged as off topic

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    3 years ago

[removed]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.2    3 years ago

[removed  (off topic but funny)]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @1.1.5    3 years ago

[removed]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @1.1.5    3 years ago

That's a new one.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.2  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any other platform because of stuff like this. In fact, this is the only place I ever comment, and it's crazy enough. Honestly, I think there are people all across the spectrum who just think of stuff to make up, put it online and see what happens. There could be idiots who believe things like this. Being a little paranoid, it could also be a campaign by well organized groups to make it seem like idiots believe this stuff and pin it on their enemies. It could be something completely different. And that's the point. You can't trust anything you read in the media these days so you sure as hell can't trust anything you read in places like Facebook, Twitter and the rest. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Drakkonis @1.2    3 years ago

A friend (acquaintance) told me yesterday that he 'knows' that the entire worldwide medical community is wrong in how it responded to COVID-19.   He claims there is a doctor with hundreds of patients and not a single one got COVID-19 because of special measures this doctor took.  

This individual is, by the way, an anti-vaxxer.

Other than this, he has seemed to be a rational human being over the past two years I have spoken with him casually.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Drakkonis  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.1    3 years ago

Honestly, I don't know how much 'truth' is out there about Covid or the vaccine. I know I had Covid yet three tests came back negative and I suffered under it for two months. I was later told that the test is only good for detecting Covid during a narrow window by a medical professional. I've also heard comments made by front line medical people who say most of what you read in the news about Covid is BS. I also believe that Covid was so weaponized by the Left as a tool against Trump that we never had a hope in hell of just getting the straight info. 

Now I seem to have the same exact symptoms I had before except not as bad. I got sent home from work for ten days yesterday and was told by the company's nurse case manager that I needed to be tested for the beta, gamma and delta variants, but nobody seems to actually test for those where I live, which isn't a small town. I took another standard nasal swab test and that came back negative so now I wonder it its even worth the bother for testing for variant if they can't even detect baseline Covid. (I got tested for every virus they could reasonably expect I might have and those came back negative as well). I've had CT scans, chest xrays and whatever else they could think of but nobody seems able to figure out what I've got if not Covid and no one seems to really care. Frustrating.

I know I had Covid because there isn't anything else it could have been. I know I have it again because it feels exactly as it did before, with the same Covid symptoms, just milder. So, since I had it before and I'm fully vaccinated, how the hell did this happen? It makes me think most of what I read about it is just BS. I read that, in the UK, over some period of time that seemed vague to me, out of 117 Covid delta variant deaths, 46% of the people who died were fully vaccinated. 

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. After 20 years in the military I've probably been jabbed more than most civilians get in a lifetime and with stuff they've never heard of. I've even volunteered for testing of inoculations. Vaccines don't bother me, although I'm totally cool with those who don't want to take the Covid Vaccine on the basis that its only out right now on an emergency basis. I wouldn't let my kids, had I any, get it, either. Vaccines usually take years to be proven and I have no problem with those who want the same of Covid. 

So, mostly I'm ranting here. I don't understand why I'm sick again. I don't know why people I know who never got tested got letters saying their tests came back positive. I don't know why there's been so many flipflops over the course of this thing. I don't know why the story about the 46% of the 117 people who died in the UK who were fully vaccinated was described as "encouraging" by the scientists in the article. I don't understand why people who don't want to take the vaccine until its been approved fully in the normal manner are ridiculed so much. And, perhaps most of all, I don't understand why there are people in charge who simply see all of this as political advantage. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  cjcold  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.1    3 years ago

Funny how some folk choose to be insane on certain topics.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Drakkonis @1.2.2    3 years ago
I also believe that Covid was so weaponized by the Left as a tool against Trump that we never had a hope in hell of just getting the straight info. 

Keep in mind that we are talking about a worldwide pandemic.   The entire world did not choose to put forth a facade to make Trump look bad.   The ongoing concern about COVID variants has nothing to do with Trump.   The virus is real and is dangerous.   It is also true that the world had to learn about COVID-19 in real time (while fighting the pandemic).   Similarly we continue to learn as new variants emerge.

I've also heard comments made by front line medical people who say most of what you read in the news about Covid is BS.

Hard to evaluate this without those medical people being specific about the BS.   After all, we know that certain things are indeed BS:

• Wearing masks will not prevent one from getting infected.
  • Many of the 'cures' for COVID-19 passed around by word of mouth were certainly BS.
  • COVID-19 cannot survive on surfaces with the potency to infect human beings for 10 days (as originally presumed)
  • COVID-19 was not going to just 'fade away'.

There is always BS.  What matters IMO are the main facts / guidelines.  If they are BS then I would like to hear the case.

I know I had Covid because there isn't anything else it could have been.

Well ... I would be comfortable using that logic.   Unless you are a trained medical professional with serious diagnostic skills.

So, since I had it before and I'm fully vaccinated, how the hell did this happen?

If you do have COVID-19 (and not a variant) then your question is quite appropriate.   In fact, it is critically important since it suggests that either you are an outlier or the vaccine is not as effective as promoted.   Scary.

I don't know why there's been so many flipflops over the course of this thing. I

Simple:  the world was learning about a complex pandemic in real time.

I don't understand why people who don't want to take the vaccine until its been approved fully in the normal manner are ridiculed so much.

Because we are trying to achieve herd immunity so as to stop incubating variants of this vaccine (in human beings) who can then infect other human beings.   We all want to control this virus and those who do not participate (unless they already have immunity) are contributing to prolonging this pandemic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  cjcold @1.2.3    3 years ago

Yeah I hear you.   I like the guy so I tried hard to be neutral and close down the conversation.   I am still shaking my head.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

How sad, but certainly not unexpected.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

I just saw an article that says Trump insiders are saying he is far more concerned with his chances of being declared the winner of the election and being reinstated to the presidency than he is concerned with the criminal indictment of his company. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago
I just saw an article that says Trump insiders are saying he is far more concerned with his chances of being declared the winner of the election and being reinstated to the presidency than he is concerned with the criminal indictment of his company. 

As POTUS he can block his criminal indictment.  It's all he's got as a defense.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Talk about misplaced priorities.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    3 years ago

Trump will never be POTUS ever again!

Even his sycophants now recognize his insanity.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

Oh Lort! Here comes Canned Gravy Seal Team 45...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    3 years ago

I saw this bullshit on FB earlier this week. it was quickly deleted by the person that had passed it on after tremendous ridicule. hard to imagine that anyone could be so incredibly stupid as to believe this Q nonsense. although we he haven't had any religious doomsday predictions lately, which I consider as pretty comparable. these morons only justify the positive aspects of involuntary "youth in asia".

Hallux
PhD Principal
5  Hallux    3 years ago

"The storm is on its way."

Meh ...

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  Hallux @5    3 years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Obviously whoever produced this video knows absolutely nothing about the CINC, the military, or the constitution.

Did these QAnon Galactic Morons even go to school?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1  Snuffy  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

I do believe the answer to that question is a big NO!!!

I heard that crap earlier and just had to laugh at how stupid some people can be.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @6.1    3 years ago

It hurts my head sometimes to see the STOOPID in action.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

My main question is this. If there were to be a military coup de tat why in the hell does anyone think that whichever general organized it would place anyone in power but themselves? I mean, if I have the means and desire to do such a thing then fuck Donald Trump, I am going to be the one calling the shots. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2    3 years ago

Good point. But maybe if a person like General Flynn were to try a coup, he would have to place the crown on the head of DJT because DJT's followers won't stay with a General Flynn. They'll support him in the process but once it's done...there will be another coup if their King is not crowned

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.2.2  Hallux  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2    3 years ago
coup de tat

I think this is more of a coup-de-tic-tok.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @6.2.2    3 years ago

It would be a coup-de-twat.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

What American wants to live under a military dictatorship? Who actually desires this?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago
Who actually desires this?

well, that would be the Republi can not thinks for themselves, as they B leave our election process does not work, nor does our legal process , nor do they believe  Republican leadership, nor the GOP  Senators and Congress that SPOKE THE DAMN TRUTH about the LYING POS that has pushed our Republic to knew LOW POINTS, as even the Lowered AG Barr, has said it was a sack of bullshit, yet like three quarters of Republican voters still believe the steal was real, when obviously it was artificial steel, but even stronger than thoughts, cause people have been paved and bought, all while on a road of some ASS"S PHAULT without an ounce of concrete evidence to support the mental abort, and that certainly does sort, out NOTHING, as A wholes still yet to admit bluffing while stuffing feeble little minds with disgraceful LIES, as the dreams of many, have been dashed by D spies that eye do, and to they, i royal FCK EWE sheeple who would trash our forefathers wet dreams, cause they DISGRACE our COUNTRY, just like Trump and practically ALL of the GOP, so fck them and B low Me n many, cause they R

, and they are a plenty....

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1    3 years ago

Thank you, your literary creations never fail to make me laugh.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.2  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

Pretty sure that even far right wing militia groups don't want a military dictatorship.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8  pat wilson    3 years ago

some Trump supporters have accused Maricopa County elections official of shredding Trump ballots, feeding them to chickens, and then having the chickens incinerated to cover up the evidence.

DANG !! What a waste of free-range ballot-fed chicken !!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  pat wilson @8    3 years ago

yea, cause just burning the damn ballots would have been far too difficult

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  cjcold  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    3 years ago

Ooog afraid of fire!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.2  cjcold  replied to  pat wilson @8    3 years ago

It's always best to soak the ballots in beer before feeding them to the chickens.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

The behavior of Gen Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, has been exemplary, from apologizing for getting trapped into participating in the infamous "clear the crowd for a Bible photo op", to maintaining race-relations training in the military.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1  cjcold  replied to  Bob Nelson @9    3 years ago

But he did allow Trump to piss all over him in "clearing the crowd" for his upside down bible moment. 

P.S. Don't know how many of you have been fogged with pepper gas or hit with batons or 12  gauge  bean bags. It all hurts the next day. 

Haven't fought the cops since the early 70s (I fought the law and the law won).

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  cjcold @9.1    3 years ago

Milley apologized publicly for letting himself get roped into the Bible photo-op. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Donald Trump will say anything in his futile quest to put him back in a position where he won’t face indictment.  He’s going to go down hard and he knows it, so he’s just trying to foment enough public anger that the country will either burn itself to the ground or follow through on the one in a zillion chance of being reinstated.  And there is a sizable portion of morons in this country that consider him to be a patriot.