╌>

Groom Dies At Wedding Altar in Front of Horrified Bride

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   Ewan Palmer (MSN)

Groom Dies At Wedding Altar in Front of Horrified Bride
"By the time I had gotten my flowers and went up the stairs. Everything seemed to be okay although Paul seemed to be a bit uncomfortable by this point and his kilt had been loosened a wee bit to help him feel more comfortable," she said. "He had actually been wheeled up in an office chair into the lift and taken up the stairs as he had no energy to get up to the room. He was out of breath and struggling from what I was told."

sometimes a story will just leave you speechless....

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A woman has described her heartache after her terminally ill finance died at the altar just minutes before they were due to get married.

AALHztl.img?h=532&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Alison Wynn, 38, was set to marry her partner of 21 years in the Scottish town of Saltcoats on June 25 when the tragedy occurred.

Paul Wynn, who has 11 children including five with Alison Wynn, was told by doctors that he had cancer just eight days before the wedding.

The 57-year-old was informed that this had spread to his pancreas and he would have anywhere between six weeks and two months left to live.

The couple, who got engaged in October 2019, brought their ceremony forward from July 16 after hearing the devastating news in a bid to ensure they could get married in the short time they had left together.

"If I had known we didn't have long I would've tried to arrange the wedding for the beginning of the week," Alison Wynn told Ayrshire Live. "He never actually got any treatment."

As Alison Wynn was walking down the aisle, she could see that Paul Wynn had fallen ill and was slumped in a wheelchair.

"By the time I got to him I called his name a couple of times," she said.

"He didn't turn around, he didn't look at me and I realized there was something wrong and I started breaking down and I started shouting his name and we knew something wasn't right."

Alison Wynn said that she had waited around 10 minutes before making her way down the aisle after realizing she'd forgotten her flowers at home and asked for a friend to bring them to the venue.

"By the time I had gotten my flowers and went up the stairs. Everything seemed to be okay although Paul seemed to be a bit uncomfortable by this point and his kilt had been loosened a wee bit to help him feel more comfortable," she said.

"He had actually been wheeled up in an office chair into the lift and taken up the stairs as he had no energy to get up to the room. He was out of breath and struggling from what I was told."

Emergency services attempted to revive him using CPR and a defibrillator, to no avail.

Alison said her partner first went to a doctor in May this year with complaints about constantly bleeding from his navel. She said she was also alarmed at how much weight he was losing

He later was struggling to eat and keep food down and eventually only able to consume liquids by the time he got the cancer diagnosis just days before his death.

"It feels like only yesterday that it happened. I'm having to get up and moving every day for the sake of my children but I can't eat," Alison Wynn said.

"Paul and I lost a child in 2004 after I had a miscarriage so it give me a bit of comfort that he's up there with our child. His mother passed away in 2020 so at least he's with her now too."

Paying tribute to the man she had spent more than half her life with, Alison added: "He would do anything for his kids. He would move heaven and earth for his kids and everyone loved him.

"He would give you every last penny he had. He made sure that everyone got before him. He was there for everybody.

"He really was a fantastic dad and his kids were his life."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

If a person who has a month or two to live really wants to get married, they should probably do it immediately. 

What a sad story. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Immediately and without all the fuss of a big todo. Making a big deal out of it producing lots of stress is the last thing a dying person needs to deal with...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2  igknorantzrulz    3 years ago

this story kills me

Go to the JOP and tie a knot around your neck before you hang yourself to another. Agrree  with JBB  fck the Fuss!

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    3 years ago

That is just terrible and very sad.  Wish he could have had at least one more day