╌>

Liberal Media Scream: ABC analysts huff at justices over voting decision

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Paul Bedard (MSN)

Liberal Media Scream: ABC analysts huff at justices over voting decision
This week's Liberal Media Scream features two ABC This Week commentators making a new argument for wide open voting -- some people can't afford enough gas to get food and vote.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

This week's Liberal Media Scream features two ABC This Week commentators making a new argument for wide open voting -- some people can't afford enough gas to get food and vote.

© Provided by Washington Examiner

The Thursday Supreme Court ruling, upholding two provisions of Arizona's voting rules which required people to vote at their own precinct and barred ballot harvesting, irked the two who cited anecdotes about difficulties encountered by poor and minority voters.

LZ Granderson, an ABC News podcaster, ESPN contributor and Los Angeles Times columnist, said the justices were out of touch because they are not poor: "They're all privileged." He recalled his "mom scraping together 50 cents, 75 cents, a dollar just for gas to get to a grocery store" and so "now you're forcing minorities to decide" between getting to a polling place or buying groceries.

Washington Post reporter Mary Jordan cited misdeeds she saw in Mississippi with "all kinds of dirty tricks being played about closing polls, switching where you're supposed to be, telling people they're in the wrong place even if they're in the right place."

From the Sunday, July 4 roundtable after host Martha Raddatz characterized the ruling as "not exactly in line with public opinion," as assessment based on an ABC News/Washington Post poll:

LZ Granderson: "No, of course not, but they don't really care about public opinion, right? If they did, then all of this legislation would be looked at differently. You know, the thing that really frustrates me most, is the justices acknowledged that these new laws does impact minorities. They didn't deny that aspect of it. They just said that the inconvenience of it isn't so great. Well, they're all privileged. And I grew up poor. I remember my mom scraping together 50 cents, 75 cents, a dollar just for gas to get to a grocery store. When you do that to polling places, now you're forcing minorities to decide whether or not they're going to invest money, gas money, to get to the polling places that are now further away or do I use this gas money to get to the grocery store or do I to get to work. They're privileged, saying that this doesn't inconvenience them enough. Well, how do you know? When was the last time you were that poor?"

JUST IN: #SCOTUS rules in favor of Arizona's election integrity protections in . I am thankful the justices upheld states' ability to pass and maintain commonsense election laws, at a time when our country needs it most.
More: https://t.co/9DWbcMJ0Cipic.twitter.com/qDbFXlY1iv
— Mark Brnovich (@GeneralBrnovich) July 1, 2021

Mary Jordan: "I'd like to talk about, I went down in Mississippi and I saw this. And on the morning of the election, people would turn out and the polling place would be closed in the place where there were a lot of Democratic voters. And so the question then was do I drive, so I spend another 45 minutes in the car to go there and wait in a really long line? There's all kinds of dirty tricks being played about closing polls, switching where you're supposed to be, telling people they're in the wrong place even if they're in the right place. I think if people really knew what was going on, because it differs state by state and county by county, they would think, you know what, it's July 4th here. It's all about voting, right? It's the most fundamental of rights. We had the Boston tea party because we couldn't vote and we were getting taxed. And it's kind of shocking that right now a lot of people don't have the same access to votes as other Americans."

Media Research Center Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly pick: "Granderson and Jordan seemed to be searching for anecdotes to justify their position against very basic voter integrity rules, and came up with pretty weak ones. Making everyone vote at their local precinct is the ultimate in fairness and requires the least bus money while eliminating lots of opportunities for confusion and fraud. As for all the misdeeds Jordan saw in areas 'where there were a lot of Democratic voters,' which force people to 'spend another 45 minutes in the car,' that is just what the Arizona local precinct rule is meant to prevent. And which party controls the election systems virtually everywhere where minorities and Democrats are the majority? It's not rich, privileged Supreme Court justices."

Rating: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

Tags: Washington Secrets, Voting rights, ABC This Week, Supreme Court, Arizona

Original Author: Paul Bedard

Original Location: Liberal Media Scream: ABC analysts huff at justices over voting decision

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Some of the liberal media seem to have their panties all twisted up!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Good!  It’s what they deserve.  The court ruled correctly on both the Az. And Ca. cases. Some were even more angry about not being able to get the names of donors they can give to internet doxxers than they were about the voting issue.  Because now they can’t continue to intimidate donors from giving to opposing causes.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

From all the harm and damage they do, the majority of progressives come across as angry, unhappy, and generally nasty people 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

I think that qualifies as tithing for those who worship at The Church of the Perpetually Offended.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

He recalled his "mom scraping together 50 cents, 75 cents, a dollar just for gas to get to a grocery store" and so "now you're forcing minorities to decide" between getting to a polling place or buying groceries.

What utter bullshit! Most polling places tend to be fairly close in neighborhood.

What these left wing idiots are saying is that most blacks are destitute and too dumb to figure out how to get to a  voting site without the help woke white liberals.

This is vile racism at its most visible.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago

So white people aren’t poor? People who might want to vote Republican aren’t poor?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Media Research Center Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly pick

Media Research Center is one of the most far right media organizations in America. 

The MRC received over $10 million from  Robert Mercer , its largest single donor. [3]

• Overall, we rate Media Research Center strongly right biased based on advocacy for a conservative agenda and Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of propaganda, pseudoscience, and a poor fact check record by their primary sources.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

Once again can't attack the content attack the source. Prove that the comments from the left wing nut jobs are false; or were taken out of context. That should be easy given everything on the internet.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    3 years ago

Some always want to attack the source. It is a good sign that they can't defend what was said or done.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

...as evidenced by the majority of your comments.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    3 years ago
...as evidenced by the majority of your comments.

Stay on topic or get the fuck out.

I won't bother to flag your little comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago
Some always want to attack the source.

some always want to post material from questionable sources. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    3 years ago

Too fucking bad it didn't pass some "test" of yours. Slide on by if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to be here.

After posting the crap you did during the Trump Presidency, you have no room to talk about ANY story.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.6  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    3 years ago

So you agree that EVERYTHING you posted during the entirety of the Trump admin was of questionable sources.

You were never able to prove anything in any of those "sourced" accusations.

At last count, the score was still zero.