╌>

Ukrainian army's decision to make female soldiers march in high heels sparks backlash

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  112 comments

By:   Jack Guy and Denis Lapin, CNN 23 mins ago (MSN)

Ukrainian army's decision to make female soldiers march in high heels sparks backlash
Ukraine's Ministry of Defense has defended its decision to train female soldiers to march in high heels, following an outcry from local lawmakers.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

AALNzK5.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f A handout photograph taken and released by the Ukrainian Defence ministry press-service on July 2, 2021 shows the Ukrainian female soldiers wearing heels while taking part in the the military parade rehearsal in Kiev.

-

Ukraine's Ministry of Defense has defended its decision to train female soldiers to march in high heels, following an outcry from local lawmakers.

Women from the Ukrainian armed forces will march in a parade to mark the 30th anniversary of independence from the Soviet Union on August 24, according to a statement from Army Inform, the defense ministry's official news agency, published Thursday.

They have been training twice a day to master the steps and are progressing well, Major Eugene Balabushka told Army Inform. Balabushka confirmed the plan to wear high heels during the parade.

Ivanna Medvid, a cadet at the Military Institute of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, has been training for more than a month. "Today, for the first time, training takes place in high-heeled shoes," she told Army Inform. "It's a little harder than in boots, but we try."

However, the decision to march in high heels angered a number of lawmakers after local media picked up images published by the defense ministry.

Elena Kondratyuk, deputy chairman of the Ukrainian parliament, joined members of parliament from the "Equal Opportunities" cross-party group to call on defense minister Andrei Taran to reevaluate the decision to make female soldiers wear heels while marching.

And Olga Stefanishina, vice prime minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine; Marina Lazebnaya, minister of social policy; Yulia Laputina, minister for veterans' affairs; and Yekaterina Levchenko, government envoy for gender policy, signed a joint statement criticizing the decision.

"Shoes with heels are incompatible with the combat capability of soldiers, and a 'Prussian' step on a parade in such shoes is a deliberate harm to the health of soldiers," reads the statement, posted on Stefanishina's Facebook page on Friday.

There are 57,000 women serving in the Ukrainian armed forces, according to the post, and the country is introducing NATO standards, under which the principle of equality of rights and obligations of servicemen, regardless of gender, applies unconditionally.

In response to the criticism, the defense ministry uploaded a series of pictures to Facebook of female soldiers from other armies wearing high heels.

But Stefanishina and the cosignatories of her statement pointed out that while the armies of some NATO member countries issue high heels to women as part of their dress uniform, they are not worn while marching in parades.

The officials called on the ministry to replace the high-heeled shoes, appoint a gender adviser and carry out a survey of women in the security and defense sector to find out how they feel about working conditions, including their uniforms.

Following the criticism, Ukraine's Ministry of Defense said on Saturday that it will issue "new, improved footwear" for female soldiers.

Defense minister Taran said he has ordered his deputies to look into new footwear, which will be "ergonomic and made in the shortest possible time."

However, it is not clear exactly when the new footwear will be available.

The decision came after Taran met with female cadets and listened to their proposals, according to Saturday's statement.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

It's doubtful that high heels are compatible with military activity. High heels serve the function of emphasizing the female's legs and derriere.

-

Research shows that heels draw attention to long legs and small feet. Some argue that "high-heeled shoes, perhaps more than any other item of clothing, are seen as the ultimate symbol of being a woman." High heels often play a key role in emphasizing a wearer's, most commonly a woman's, arched back and extended buttocks. This "natural courting pose" sexualizes the wearer, and can turn them into objects subjected to the male gaze.  wikipedia

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

The third lady from the right got my immediate attention. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

One doesn't need "research" or wikipedia to know that high heels flatter a women. 

I don't think you realize it, but you just made an argument if favor of the military concentrating on what it's function should be. Are you sure you wanted to go there?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago

Where in the US military do they teach critical race theory Vic? Be specific. 

Recall that General Milley told Congress to remember that the U.S military academies are universities. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

When you go into a pet store there is that section that sells fish.

What is the function of those fish?

I'm not going to wait. Answer: they are ornamental. Anything other than a well trained fighting man is ornamental for the military. One can argue that the extras constitute support, but a lot of the new extras are strictly there for optics & politics.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    3 years ago

The military academies , where CRT may or may not be being taught, are universities. The cadets take many courses not related to being  " a well trained fighting man".  

1. Economics Program | United States Military Academy West Point

Course Offerings. SS201 Principles of Economics SS364 Game Theory SS368 Econometrics SS380 Manpower and Labor Economics SS382 Microeconomics SS385 History of Economics SS387 Public …

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    3 years ago

So women are only ornamental in teh military?

wow....just wow....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago

Does that mean that young adults are capable of determining what propaganda is?  So we don't have to worry about them?

I'll bet there are now millions among us that have been indoctrinated in the university - while we all trusted those institutions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.3    3 years ago

I think they would be considered support along with civilian employees.

I was thinking of the newly minted groups, such as transgenders being part of the ornamental/political aspect.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    3 years ago

1000+ American Female Casualties of Wars:

World War I: At least 359 servicewomen died in combat or in combat operations - (mostly from battlefield influenza, and aircraft/vehicle accidents.)

World War II : 543 died, mostly from vehicle and aircraft accidents. Sixteen Army nurses died from enemy fire.

Korean War : 17 died, mostly from vehicle or aircraft accidents.

Vietnam War : 8 died, one from hostile fire, one suicide, and the rest from vehicle and aircraft accidents.

Gulf War (Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm): 16 died, mostly from vehicle and aircraft accidents and hostile fire.

(SOURCES: Women in Military Service for America Memorial Foundation; Defense Department.)

----------

And in the War in Iraq, the 100th female combat fatality occurred July 25 2008.

-

R.579e1f10f927befd76d006ea3473d8d5?rik=qu5k5u%2btB4LKpw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fcrooksandliars.com%2ffiles%2fprimary_image%2f16%2f03%2f120427-tammy-duckworth-3p.jpg&ehk=kyZ4MoL%2fgHkJ%2fcRWXLuwp%2fOSLOC26d4ORpQ0O6PrqcM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    3 years ago

But Ms. Duckworth is just ornamental, John!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    3 years ago

Duckworth should be required to wear high heels, too.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.8    3 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

I know you were joking

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.9    3 years ago

Hey! Some guys are turned on by amputations.

Plus high heels! 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.11  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

[r][emoved]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.3    3 years ago

He didn't say that

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.11    3 years ago

Right-wing cartoons might be funny if they had any relation with reality. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.13    3 years ago

Did he post a cartoon? I have him on ignore

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.15  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.14    3 years ago

Yes... but very unfunny. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.16  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.14    3 years ago

~

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    3 years ago

Ukrainian women have served in combat units since 2014 and makeup 15% of the Ukrainian military.

If you doubt the capability of women in the military and their roles in combat you might want to educate yourself about Kurdish women in the Permesga and YPJ. ISIS I'm sure would get you up to date. Also, check out the IDF.

Or the US women that serve with Special Ops in combat.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.18  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    3 years ago
Anything other than a well trained fighting man is ornamental for the military.

What a misogynistic and uninformed comment.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.18    3 years ago

I wonder what Margaret Houlihan would have to say about that....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @2.1.19    3 years ago

Or the Night Witches of Russia.

Of course, there were misogynistic sentiments toward them, too.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.20    3 years ago

Soviet women snipers

The female terrors of the Eastern Front

How about the women of the French Resistance or the Dutch Resistance.

And the female partisans of Tito's resistance. 

Some on NT really make ignorant/stupid comments about a subject they don't know a damn thing about.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.18    3 years ago

How would you know, Vic?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.23  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @2.1.21    3 years ago

I bet they'd have been better shots if they'd been wearing heels.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.24  Bob Nelson  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.23    3 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.18    3 years ago
What a misogynistic and uninformed comment.

To the contrary, my comments are always pro Femininity and everything that goes with it. I believe it is feminists who are misogynist and unable to think for themselves. Where were the feminists here when transgender males were defeating women in women's sports?  Could it be that feminist bow to the dictates of the radical left - that being that the transgender group is now the top special group which can't be criticized?

Oh, as long as we are categorizing comments: Posts 2.1.7, 2.1.8 and 2.1.10 were ignorant, vile and disgusting.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.26  Bob Nelson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 years ago

You wouldn't understand sarcasm if it slapped you in the face.

Women can still be feminine and still shoot a fly off an apple at 200 yards. Did you know women make better snipers? You really should read about the Night Witches of the Soviet Union. They terrorized the skies of Nazi Germany. And I for one, would never go up against the Kurdish women or the Israelis. I hear they are tough as nails. Maybe tougher.

And if you think those comments were ignorant, vile, and disgusting I suggest you go back and read your own comments. And I have nice little present for you in HD if you ain't skeert

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.1.21    3 years ago

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 years ago
Where were the feminists here when transgender males were defeating women in women's sports? 

Look out, there's a squirrel.

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.30  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 years ago

Your comments promote an idea of "femininity" as defined by YOU, not by women, and detrimental to women.  They promote the idea that women exist primarily to appeal to men, with any other skills they possess devalued and dismissed.  Women are to be ornamental.  Feminists reject the role of women being defined in such an outdated and shallow way.

The comments you mentioned were parodying the actual disgusting comments.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.27    3 years ago
Did you know women make better snipers?

I do. My Niece is the best shot in the family.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.32  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @2.1.29    3 years ago

The list of transgenders who have ever competed ,let alone won championships, in women's or girl's sports is very short. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.1.31    3 years ago

My mom was a killer shot with her .22 rifle. Actually shot a snake in his open mouth.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.30    3 years ago
The comments you mentioned were parodying the actual disgusting comments.

parodying?   LMAO

I'm disappointed Sandy. I don't think our readers will buy it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @2.1.29    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.36  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.1.35    3 years ago

[deleted]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.37  Bob Nelson  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.30    3 years ago

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.38  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.34    3 years ago

I think our readers know what parodying is, considering they're parodying your comments quite well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.38    3 years ago
I think our readers know what parodying is

I'm certain of it!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.40  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.39    3 years ago

So, you recognize that your comments are being parodied?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.41  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.40    3 years ago

I can't even say nice try.

It's sad.

I do have a question that is off topic. May I?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.42  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.41    3 years ago

Vic, your refusal to recognize parody is on you, not me.  As for your question, this isn't my seed, so it's not my call.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.42    3 years ago
Vic, your refusal to recognize parody is on you, not me.

Sandy, It's not parody. It's the usual vile comments and we all know it.

That was the weakest argument ever made on NT.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.44  Gordy327  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.12    3 years ago
He didn't say that

Here's what he said, "Anything other than a well trained fighting man is ornamental for the military." Ergo, Vic is saying women in the military are "ornamental." That's also an insulting and misogynistic statement to make about women who are or have served in the military.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.45  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.25    3 years ago
To the contrary, my comments are always pro Femininity and everything that goes with it.

Total BS Vic! calling or considering women in the military "ornamental" is not only anything but pro femininity, it is disrespectful and dismissive to the women who do serve or contribute to the military!

I believe it is feminists who are misogynist and unable to think for themselves.

Another non pro-fem and misogynistic statement!

Where were the feminists here when transgender males were defeating women in women's sports?

A false equivalency. 

Could it be that feminist bow to the dictates of the radical left - that being that the transgender group is now the top special group which can't be criticized?

And now a deflection.

Posts 2.1.7, 2.1.8 and 2.1.10 were ignorant, vile and disgusting.

Not nearly as vile or disgusting as posts 2.1.1, 2.1.5, and 2.1.25!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.46  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.43    3 years ago

You declaring it to be not parody doesn't make it not parody.  Judging by the upvotes on our respective comments, our readers agree with me.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.47  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.46    3 years ago
Judging by the upvotes on our respective comments, our readers agree with me.

Those aren't readers. They are people with skin in the game, right here on this thread. Some of them have voted up comments that have been ticketed & removed.

Are you proud of that?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.48  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.45    3 years ago
Total BS Vic! calling or considering women in the military "ornamental"

Did I?

Did you read comment 2.1.5.?

There are a lot of personal attacks here. If you feel women are as good as men in combat, maybe you should make an argument supporting it.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.49  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.48    3 years ago
Did I?    Yeah, pretty much...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.50  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.47    3 years ago

They are also doing the parodying.  And of course they're readers, unless you're saying fellow members can't read.  Talk about personal attacks.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.51  sandy-2021492  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.49    3 years ago

Exactly, pat.  The words are all there, for all to read, in all their inglorious misogyny.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.52  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.48    3 years ago
If you feel women are as good as men in combat, maybe you should make an argument supporting it.

It's been made in a couple of comments but you chose to ignore facts and continue to keep up with lying comments when the ''readers'' can see every comment and all of your misogynistic comments and the facts that you refuse to acknowledge.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.53  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.50    3 years ago
unless you're saying

Of course you know what I'm saying. I'm referring to the majority - those who read these articles and have no interest in getting into these kind of discussions.

Have a good one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.55  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.52    3 years ago
It's

It's obvious that people got ticketed today. I get it. I'm not taking the bait.

Have a good night.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.56  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.55    3 years ago
It's obvious that people got ticketed today. I get it. I'm not taking the bait.

Yes, it is but what does that have to do with you making misogynistic comments and refusing to accept reality except for you to try and save face which at this point is not possible since the ''readers'' can see every comment. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.57  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @2.1.56    3 years ago

Very well said, Kavika. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.58  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @2.1.52    3 years ago
It's been made in a couple of comments but you chose to ignore facts and continue to keep up with lying comments when the ''readers'' can see every comment and all of your misogynistic comments and the facts that you refuse to acknowledge.

Very true indeed. I don't know of anyone who disrespects women in the depth that he does. I guess Vic does not accept that NT is NOT a men only site, thus, he feels free to endlessly insult and disrespect the many female Members here on NT by spewing his misogynistic BS.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.59  JBB  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1.58    3 years ago

He is not the only one on NT and personally I am glad when their disrespect for women is right out in the open where they cannot deny it...

Women and minorities remember and vote!

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.60  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.48    3 years ago
Did I?

Your post 2.1.1, "Anything other than a well trained fighting man is ornamental for the military." Are you denying what you said? Or are you going to try and spin it?

Did you read comment 2.1.5.?

Yes, and? That doesn't change what you said in 2.1.1, including "One can argue that the extras constitute support, but a lot of the new extras are strictly there for optics & politics."

There are a lot of personal attacks here.

Don't try to deflect from your own comments.

If you feel women are as good as men in combat, maybe you should make an argument supporting it.

You're making a strawman argument. I never said anything about a woman's capability in combat.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.61  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.53    3 years ago

So, none of your pals can be bothered to support your misogynistic comments?  You might want to think about why that might be.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.62  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.47    3 years ago

It's not our problem that you disagree with everything that doesn't align with your 'views' and ticket us.  Another drive by shooting Vic seed.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Fashion, not function.  I routinely have this conversation with my wife when we have to cut our walk short because she wore the wrong shoes (out of dozens and dozens of pairs to choose from), or she ends up in an awkward situation because her ID or credit card is in one of her many many other purses.  On a military scale though?  That’s new.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 years ago

If they would have tried to make me march in heels, I would have quit right then and there. High heels are the most useless foot wear in  a woman's closet.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago
High heels are the most useless foot wear in  a woman's closet.

I feel bad for young men these days. There isn't much to stimulate them.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    3 years ago

Ever walked in them?

You know why high heels were invented? So women couldn't run away from men

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    3 years ago
Ever walked in them?

Nope! I did see to it that one of my wives had no less than 30 pair.

You know why high heels were invented? 

Truly one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    3 years ago

Most young men find stimulation in more than appearance [Deleted]

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    3 years ago
Truly one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Ahhh another misogynistic comment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    3 years ago

How many wives have you had?

One of the greatest inventions?  I don't think so.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.6    3 years ago
How many wives have you had?

Two

One of the greatest inventions?  I don't think so. 

I'm sure you don't.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    3 years ago

You are just trolling me. So let's end our interaction in this seed

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.8    3 years ago
So let's end our interaction in this seed

Have a good one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.7    3 years ago

Why are you so sure?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago

I don’t get men’s fascination with high heels.  Personally I find them to be just weird.  Plus I’m not tall so I’m not a fan of my date artificially towering over me.  My favorite look for a fit and attractive lady is a belly shirt, baggy pants and flat shoes.  Think TLC.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.11    3 years ago

That would be a good look for a fit woman. I like my ass covering tunics and jeans

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    3 years ago

Of course there is, so long as they aren't shallow and misogynistic.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    3 years ago
You know why high heels were invented? Truly one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

I just realized that you want women hobbled so they can't get away. Let's ask our audience, shall we?

Dear Readers:

I asked Vic why high heels were invented...so women can't run away from men. And what does he do? He repeats my question and then answers with..Truly one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Mull that over

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    3 years ago

So it's a woman's duty to 'stimulate' these young men?  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

We should end all support to Ukraine immediately.

Seriously.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    3 years ago

That makes sense/s

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    3 years ago

I am sure the Russians would love it. Considering they are pissed off about Obama backing a coup to flip their former satellite state; and Trump ok'd the US to sell arms to Ukraine. Of course Biden already shit all over the Ukrainians by dropping sanctions on the Russian pipeline that cuts all of those former satellite states out of oil profits. 

US foreign policy is fucked up; but dropping support due to what shoes female soldiers wear for marching has to be the most fucked up thing I have ever heard.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    3 years ago

... because you think Ukraine would persist... 

Wow. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.2.1    3 years ago

Who gives a shit if they persist. If you are willing to cut US support over something as minor as this; then there is nothing you wouldn't cut US support over. Ukraine had better make peace at any cost with Russia ASAP; before they are screwed over by the US.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.2    3 years ago

Kinda simplistic... 

zuksam
Junior Silent
5  zuksam    3 years ago

I'm willing to bet it was just a fun idea to promote women in the military. The female soldiers were probably all for it and wanted to show that while they were soldiers they were still feminine and sexy. Let's face it the type of people who criticize this rarely serve anyone but themselves anyway.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  zuksam @5    3 years ago
Let's face it the type of people who criticize this rarely serve anyone but themselves anyway.

That's a very rude thing to say. I served in the Air Force and there were times I had to wear heels. I just don't think that making women march in heels is very safe or healthy

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  zuksam @5    3 years ago

There is an inherent incongruity in watching soldiers march in high heels.

I bet this image is getting a lot of attention today in social media. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.3  Veronica  replied to  zuksam @5    3 years ago
The female soldiers were probably all for it and wanted to show that while they were soldiers they were still feminine and sexy.

Ah, another misogynistic comment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @5.3    3 years ago

I admit that I like the way I looked in my blues with a skirt and low heels. Of course, I was very thin back then, but I looked good. Mr Giggles always said so

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.3.2  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.1    3 years ago

BUT did you have to be in heels to feel feminine and sexy?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @5.3.2    3 years ago

Nope! I did that with my civilian clothes

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.3    3 years ago

What gets me is some having this notion that women should only look pretty for the men.

I wonder why the opposite is not true for these people. They are usually fat slobs that have never taken care of themselves at all.

Probably why they are so misogynistic as most women wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.3.4    3 years ago
"What gets me is some having this notion that women should only look pretty for the men.

I wonder why the opposite is not true for these people. They are usually fat slobs that have never taken care of themselves at all.

Probably why they are so misogynistic as most women wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole."

Ya!!!!!  Exactly!

I'd love to see a picture of these men!  (Actually maybe not!  LOL)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.5    3 years ago

Only if you really need to lose weight...because then you will lose your lunch

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.6    3 years ago

I've actually seen a picture of one of these 'men'.  Not at all attractive (not that that matters so much) except when the inside is ugly too.  

NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

There is a lot of misogynistic comments in the comments but they are being overlooked. You know who you are

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

Ignore them

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

One of them is still living in the 1950s in more ways than one.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @6.2    3 years ago

I wonder if he made his wives wear high heels and pearls while they vacuumed

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.1    3 years ago

... and a French-maid uniform! 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.3  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

Wow is all I can say. So women can only be ornamental and support?

Didn't know we had a couple of incels  on the site.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @6.3    3 years ago
Didn't know we had a couple of incels  on the site.

In all their glory.jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @6.3    3 years ago

Can you be an incel if you've had 2 wives?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.2    3 years ago

In his case... yeah, sure!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.2    3 years ago

Oh ya!

They want women to look a certain way but you can bet, they never measure up (the 'man' that is).  

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     3 years ago

This is how heels in the military should be worn and by the gender that seems to think marching in high heels is cool.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @7    3 years ago

But he made those heels look good!

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    3 years ago
But he made those heels look good!

That could be pretty exciting to those stuck in the 1950s.