╌>

An image shows President Joe Biden touching Olivia Rodrigo’s shoulders during a White House press briefing.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Katie Sanders

An image shows President Joe Biden touching Olivia Rodrigo’s shoulders during a White House press briefing.
Joe Biden, Olivia Rodrigo did not appear in press briefing together with Jen Psaki

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

256 256

Teen singer and actress Olivia Rodrigo visited the White House on July 14 to encourage younger Americans to get the COVID-19 vaccination. During her visit, she recorded videos for a social media push, met with President Joe Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci, and dropped in on a White House press briefing.

Rodrigo’s White House appearance sparked plenty of news headlines,   fashion analysis   and   memes . But   one manipulated photo   on social media   gave us déjà vu , because it was altered to make Biden look creepy.

The photo came from Rodrigo’s drop-in at a White House press briefing with press secretary Jen Psaki, which lasted just a few minutes.

In reality, Biden wasn’t there. But someone out there decided to photoshop Biden into the picture behind Rodrigo, squeezing her shoulders as Psaki looked on.

"Psaki face says it all," a Facebook user wrote July 15. 

The photo was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

After a quick intro by Psaki, Rodrigo walked up the mic and told reporters how she was honored to speak up for the COVID-19 vaccines. "I'm in awe of the work President Biden and Dr. Fauci have done and was happy to help lend my support to this important initiative," Rodrigo said.

Biden wasn’t in the room. The "Drivers License" singer and the president met in a closed setting, later releasing this image from the Oval Office putting on aviators.

"Thanks for stopping by, Olivia, and for using your voice to urge young people to get vaccinated," reads the caption from the   POTUS Instagram account.

The photo of Biden in the manipulated image appears to be lifted from a swearing-in ceremony for former Defense Secretary Ash Carter in 2015. His wife, Stephanie Carter,   said   Biden was squeezing her shoulders in support because she was "uncharacteristically nervous," and the photo had been misconstrued

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Masters Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

Biden hater's hard drives must be filling up with this nonsense.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Hallux @1    3 years ago

If he had been there, the old pervert would have rubbed her shoulders and sniffed her hair

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

There is a link in the article that shows the two in the Oval Office ... appears the only down and dirty they got into was posing with sunglasses. Aw!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

The irony is that photo is a photoshop of a legio photo of Joe Biden doing exactly that to a different female.  

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.2    3 years ago

The irony is that were it not for the article you would believe both to be true.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago

Actually Joe met Olivia later and was humping her leg in the Oval Office.

This is the actual, original photo with Stephanie Carter, so no big deal.

original

Oh wait. That’s actually every bit as creepy.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @2    3 years ago

I mean I guess it is better than the POTUS grabbing pussies…

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1    3 years ago

To be fair, that was before he was an elected official.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1    3 years ago
I mean I guess it is better than the POTUS grabbing pussies…
That's only been rumored, never shown to be true.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.1    3 years ago

Ah, true. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    3 years ago

He said it on tape and has been accused of rape/sexual assault like 20 times. Plus he liked to stroll around the changing rooms of underage girls and was friend with Epstein.

Your boy if a fucking pervert, just admit you are okay with that.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.1.5  zuksam  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.1    3 years ago
To be fair, that was before he was an elected official.

It should also be taken into account that Trump hung around with whores so the behavior standards were low.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @2.1.5    3 years ago

That is also true. Truly a paragon of morality.

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Hallux  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.7    2 years ago

I seeded this over a year ago and you awakened it because?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3  Revillug    2 years ago
Biden wasn’t in the room. The "Drivers License" singer and the president met in a closed setting, later releasing this image from the Oval Office putting on aviators.

Well, how are we supposed to figure out for ourselves whether Joe Biden touched Olivia Rodrigo if there are no manipulated images for the later meeting in the closed setting?