╌>

Mistake caused recent false 'spike' in death reports tied to COVID vaccine, CDC says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  43 comments

By:   Nicholas Sherman (Just The News)

Mistake caused recent false 'spike' in death reports tied to COVID vaccine, CDC says
CDC spokespeople have not said what caused the error to occur.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A recent spike in post-COVID-19 vaccination death reports is not accurate, and was caused by mistake, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC said Friday that a passive reporting system it runs with the Food and Drug Administration had received 12,313 death reports among people who took the vaccine, a sharp increase from previous reports that counted the number at 6,079, according to The Epoch Times.

"It is double what it was yesterday, and so it definitely is incorrect," a CDC spokeswoman told the Times. "We checked our stats internally, and it's only 6,000. So someone doing an update misrepresented that or made a mistake, in other words."

The spokeswoman said the group caught the mistake Wednesday morning, and added that the error is "being worked out." She did not say when the error would be fixed or what caused the sudden false reports.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Oh, they caught it Wednesday!

Someone tell the president and the governor of California.

Did it qualify as misinformation?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Did it qualify as misinformation?

I think your seeded article qualified. 

Its claim come from the Epoch times, who's statement came from another source, yet none of these sources bothered linking to the actual CDC statement.

So I did a search for this statement and came up with nothing.  Vic, since you are the seeder, and from your statement support the article, can you find the actual CDC statement and link it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago
can you find the actual CDC statement and link it?

I doubt it since the story is based on a CDC spokeswoman speaking to  The Epoch Times. Maybe the CDC will make some kind of announcement.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
I doubt it since the story is based on a CDC spokeswoman speaking to  The Epoch Times. Maybe the CDC will make some kind of announcement.

Okay....  Who was the spokeswoman?  I did not see her name listed in either article.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    3 years ago
Okay....  Who was the spokeswoman? 

Who were the hundreds of New York Times unnamed sources?  Suddenly your'e curious. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago

Deflection.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    3 years ago

more like silence

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    3 years ago

No, I was talking to you regarding the NY Times.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago
Who were the hundreds of New York Times unnamed sources?  Suddenly your'e curious.

Okay, so you are seeding a story about:

• a statement by an unknown person, who the author claims is a CDC spokeswoman
  • a statement to a pissant tiny news(?) web site, that is not given to any other news organization
  • a statement making a claim about a number of vaccine related deaths, without any state corroboration
  • a statement that is claimed to be from the CDC, but is not repeated even on the CDC's own website

I'm not saying this story is false, but it is at best hearsay with nothing to back it up.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago
Who were the hundreds of New York Times unnamed sources?

New York Times has a reputation that allows them leeway on anonymous sources, and they research and provide additional facts to corroborate those stories.  They don't rely entirely on 1 single anonymous statement.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    3 years ago

Just like the New York Times did for 4 years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.8    3 years ago
New York Times has a reputation that allows them leeway on anonymous sources

They used to, but no longer. In the era of Trump they admitted that they were dedicated to activism, not the news.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    3 years ago
They used to, but no longer.

a63ab54d8fd1ce51479b93a6cd13484d.png

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    3 years ago

The Covid-19 victims still crowding into our hospitals have one thing in common. They are unvaccinated!

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1  Gordy327  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

And some states are reporting a spike in covid cases too. Especially among the unvaccinated. Then there's the risk from covid variants.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    3 years ago

Florida reported close to 9,000 new cases yesterday and I expect that number to get higher.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @2.1.1    3 years ago

I blame the anti-vaccers, anti-sciencers, and pretty much anyone too stupid and/or inconsiderate to not get the vaccine.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.2    3 years ago

The logical people to blame are those in charge. The man who kept wearing a mask, long after he was vaccinated and the woman who said she couldn't trust it.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    3 years ago

Ok, we'll blame Trump and by extension, his followers, since this all started with them. And we can also blame those who refuse/d to wear and/or distrusted masks, since such a position is completely irrational. But praise does belong to those who have been (or planning to be) vaccinated and those who wear masks and follow guidelines. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.4    3 years ago
Ok, we'll blame Trum

Of course you will. He got us the vaccines. If it was left up to the FDA we would still be waiting.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    3 years ago

I will because he deserves the blame. He didn't get squat. Pfizer & Moderna got us the vaccines (thank you science). Trump merely played politician while he publicly argued with actual scientists dealing with a pandemic. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    3 years ago

The logical people to blame are those who refuse to get vaccinated.  PLUS everything Gordy said . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    3 years ago

Unfortunately now there is a spike (the Delta variant) in all 50 states DUE TO THE UNVACCINATED.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.4    3 years ago
"Ok, we'll blame Trump and by extension, his followers, since this all started with them. And we can also blame those who refuse/d to wear and/or distrusted masks, since such a position is completely irrational. But praise does belong to those who have been (or planning to be) vaccinated and those who wear masks and follow guidelines."
jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    3 years ago
The logical people to blame are those who refuse to get vaccinated. 

They must get the Lion's share of the blame.

PLUS everything Gordy said . 

Whatever he said?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    3 years ago
This:
"Ok, we'll blame Trump and by extension, his followers, since this all started with them. And we can also blame those who refuse/d to wear and/or distrusted masks, since such a position is completely irrational. But praise does belong to those who have been (or planning to be) vaccinated and those who wear masks and follow guidelines."
and this:
"I will because he deserves the blame. He didn't get squat. Pfizer & Moderna got us the vaccines (thank you science). Trump merely played politician while he publicly argued with actual scientists dealing with a pandemic." 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.12  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    3 years ago

It must also be taken into consideration that the unvaccinated, if they contract Covid, become walking laboratories for the virus to mutate into different variants. Hence, the delta (and possibly other) variant. The vaccines might have reduced efficacy or even be ineffective against new variants. Such a situation puts us all back to square 1. If people were only smart enough to listen to scientists rather than ignorant politicians at the beginning, we might not still be dealing with Covid as we are now. Including seeing a spike in new cases.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.13  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    3 years ago

Was I not clear enough for you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.13    3 years ago

You mean your friend Tess, right?

She's the one who said whatever you said was right.

I'm sure our readers got it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.14    3 years ago
"I'm sure our readers got it!"

ALL OF THEM?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.15    3 years ago

Do you want to tell us how many there are again?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.16    3 years ago

We know!

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.18  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.14    3 years ago

Your reply inferred you didn't get what I said. Tess was kind enough to repeat what I said for you. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.18    3 years ago
Your reply inferred you didn't get what I said.

Nope. Her reply clearly stated that you were right - whatever you said"

I dodn't care how good a dancer you think you are, you can't dance your way out of that. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.20  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    3 years ago

The only 1 dancing here is you Vic. You questioned what I said, "whatever he [Gordy] said?" Your words Vic. Tess simply  repeated what I said to you. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    3 years ago
Then you obviously missed where I pointed out to you "PLUS everything Gordy said."
and demonstrated to you what PLUS everything Gordy said: 
This:
and this:
"I will because he deserves the blame. He didn't get squat. Pfizer & Moderna got us the vaccines (thank you science). Trump merely played politician while he publicly argued with actual scientists dealing with a pandemic." 
Why are you quoting something I didn't say?  "whatever you said"

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago
have one thing in common. They are unvaccinated!

In other obvious news, the sun set in the west last night. Why do a few people here at NT and outside of it keep emphasizing this rather obvious "not vaccinated" component? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2    3 years ago

Obviously it bears repeating . 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    3 years ago

Why? Is this some kind of new revelation? Don't be silly. Virtually , and 99.99% of everyone who died OF Covid wasn't vaccinated. It's a moot and boring talking point to what end? By now everyone knows they need to get the vaccination. Pointing out those in the hospital and those that are dying aren't vaccinated seems redundant. And it may sway some who were on the fence to get it but probably not what you and the other virtue signalers hope in numbers.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

Gee, how did 6 out of 51 vaccinated people somehow contract Covid after congregating without masks?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

You don't even know what 'virtue signaling' is yet you post that nonsense.  Whatever JJ.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

I explained it to your friend yesterday. Do you need a refresher cuz I'd be glad to help you out? 

Just let me know. I'm here for you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    3 years ago

Don't need/want anything from you JJ.  You don't have the ability to school me on any subject.