Via:  monstermash  •  3 years ago  •  94 comments

Biden calls Black Adviser BOY

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1  seeder  MonsterMash    3 years ago

President Biden called a Black adviser "Boy" during a Federal Management briefing on Monday.

The president used the term while introducing his senior adviser Cedric Richmond, a former Louisiana congressman. 

"I'm here with my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond," Biden said at a press briefing with FEMA after Hurricane Ida rocked Louisiana.

"Boy" is considered to be a racially derogatory term toward Black men.

The president was criticized for his use of the term during his 2020 presidential campaign, when he recalled how segregationist Democrat Sen. James O. Eastland called him "son" but never "boy."

Biden was also accused of making a racist remark during his presidential campaign when he infamously claimed that if a Black person did not vote Democrat, then they "ain’t black."

The president’s latest slip came as he was engaged in a press conference with FEMA after Hurricane Ida made landfall in Louisiana.

GOP national spokesperson Paris Dennard blasted Biden for the slip, pointing out that Richmond is "a 47 year old man.

While JaRon Smith was 38 years old when he was in a similar role for President Trump I can assure he was not called a ‘boy’ by President Trump," Dennard wrote on Twitter. "Joe Biden just continues to insult Black men openly and in public because he doesn't care."

The White House didn't immediately return a request for comment. 

Joe continues to insult blacks and the left wing media remains silent.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  MonsterMash @1    3 years ago

I seeded about this earlier today and as usual the liberals are in total denial excuse making and rationalizing about it. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

It's a fraudulent allegation.  There is nothing more to it than that.  Typical right-wing distortion and propaganda.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

Saying "and boy" is no different than saying "and hey", or "and wow".  If that's the best you can do, here's something to practise grasping.....

10mm-life2.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.2    3 years ago

You read my mind Buzz!  Boy is he grasping at straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    3 years ago

There's  no denials or excuses going on here.  It's an expression lots of people use lots of times - boy don't I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    3 years ago
"Boy is he grasping at straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OMG!!! You used the word "boy". You must be a racist.  s/

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago
I seeded about this earlier today and as usual the liberals are in total denial excuse making and rationalizing about it. 

It is not just 'liberals' who are smart enough to understand a colloquial use of the word 'boy' (i.e. boy='wow','gee','gosh',...).    Everyone with an understanding of natural English as used in the USA can comprehend that Biden was not referring to Richmond as 'boy'.

Just more dishonest (or stupid) partisan nonsense.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.6    3 years ago
Just more dishonest (or stupid) partisan nonsense.

Or, in some cases, from lack of a fluent understanding of the English language. 

Referencing all the Russian, Chinese, Iraqi, etc., propagandists that the DOJ has warned us about.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    3 years ago
Or, in some cases, from lack of a fluent understanding of the English language. 

That does not explain those on this site who pretend that Biden publicly called a black man 'boy'.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.9  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.8    3 years ago

after the total failure of their big lie conspiracy they're willing to grasp any straw now ...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.8    3 years ago

They have to have something to bitch about

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @1.1.9    3 years ago

But note how utterly stupid it is to engage in such petty, dishonest attacks.

Currently Biden is trying to clean off the crap and stench from his Afghanistan fiasco.   This gratuitous nonsense deflects from a self-imposed negative against Biden.

So not only is it partisanship, it is utterly stupid partisanship.   

Imagine that at the height of the Trump Big Lie con-job (where Trump proved to the world that he is a lying sack of shit) someone seeded an article claiming Trump made a slight against homosexuals by using the phrase:  'the gays'.     What is served by that deflection (and it would be a lie too)?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.12  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.6    3 years ago
Everyone with an understanding of natural English

... and there you go ...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @1.1.12    3 years ago

Naah, I do not believe for a second that the people on this forum have such an abysmal understanding of colloquial English as used in the USA.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.13    3 years ago

I have my doubts....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.14    3 years ago

I don't.   I think it is simply partisanship.  Just attack 'the other side' no matter how petty or dishonest.    And, amazingly, no matter how stupid it makes the attacker look.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.15    3 years ago

You're right, of course. I just wanted to get a few digs in. It's the first day of the month

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.15    3 years ago

So it is not because they are deluded Trumpsters who fell for the most unfit person to ever run for high office in the United States, and are now caught up in the enthusiasm of "owning the libs" , its just because they are "partisan" . 

We will never get away from Trumpism with people who say the blame falls on generic "partisanship" leading the way.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.2    3 years ago

Except he said "and boy who knows"

Your dismissal dog don't hunt

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.17    3 years ago

You certainly can see that pretending that Biden publicly called a black man 'boy' when it is obvious to any USA English speaking person that 'boy' was equivalent to 'gee' is simply a partisan attack.   It is an incredibly stupid attack but an attack nonetheless.

And yes it has the intent of 'owning the libs' or 'owning the Ds'.   That is the partisan nature of which I am referring.   It is emotional and does not even require an semblance of truth.   Indeed, it can be utterly stupid but as long as it is an attack based on group-think, conformism it will be repeated ... stupidly.

We will never get away from Trumpism with people who say the blame falls on generic "partisanship" leading the way.  

Attacking Biden on 'boy' is obviously a partisan attack.  They would not attack an R if s/he had used the exact words Biden did.   They attacked Biden because he is 'the other side'.

This should be obvious.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.18    3 years ago

Really Jim?   You are unaware that Biden does not always speak 100% grammatically correct English?    Unaware that he sometimes inserts a wrong word?

Why engage in faux obtuseness?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.20    3 years ago
Really Jim?   You are unaware that Biden does not always speak 100% grammatically correct English?    Unaware that he sometimes inserts a wrong word? Why engage in faux obtuseness?

Not to mention, whoever wrote the article, just failed to insert a comma.

"and boy, who knows"

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.22  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.20    3 years ago

I am of the opinion that the obtuseness is authentic. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.23  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.18    3 years ago

...and gee who knows...    ....and hey who knows....    ....and boy who knows....

Twist and shout, JJ, twist and shout.  LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.23    3 years ago

Shake it up baby!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @1    3 years ago

He didn't call him boy - in the sentence he is expressing that he knows Louisiana very well.

That's an expression you know - and 'boy he knows Louisiana very well'

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    3 years ago

Not what he said. Read it again. Here let me save you the trouble

"and boy who knows"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @1    3 years ago

It figures that Faux 'news' pounced on this bullshit - boy oh boy!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    3 years ago

I don't need to see bullshit again to know it's bullshit

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @1    3 years ago

You should save yourself embarrassment and ask Perrie to delete this seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.5  Sunshine  replied to  MonsterMash @1    3 years ago
President Biden called a Black adviser "Boy"

Wonder how many white advisers he has called "boy"?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @1.5    3 years ago

Are you truly so unaware of the English language as used in the USA to not understand that 'boy' in this statement is equivalent to 'gee'?

I doubt that your command of our language is so poor.   So what do you hope to accomplish by pretending that Biden called a black man 'boy'?   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.1    3 years ago
I doubt that your command of our language is so poor. 

jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.5.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.1    3 years ago
"and boy who knows"

Is what he said. Gee doesn't quite work in that context.........to me anyway

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.5.4  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.1    3 years ago
So what do you hope to accomplish by  pretending  that Biden called a black man 'boy'?   

He didn't?  Seems you are unaware that he did. "I'm here with my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond," Biden said at a press briefing with FEMA after Hurricane Ida rocked Louisiana.

Is Cedric Richmond not a black man? 

Surely you are aware of the derogatory racist term toward black men.  I would think you would know the history and usage of such term.

The Word "Boy" as a Derogatory Insult Towards Black Men: "Am I Not A Man?" | Black Then

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.5  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.6  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.5.3    3 years ago

Really Jim?   You are unaware that Biden does not always speak 100% grammatically correct English?    Unaware that he sometimes inserts a wrong word?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.5.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @1.5.4    3 years ago
"I'm here with my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond,"

Come on guys. It's all where you place your commas:

"I'm here with my senior adviser, and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond,"

He is not saying boy and he is not saying that there are two people. If he was going to call him a derogatory word, he would have said "and the boy", but he was saying it like "Oh boy".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.5.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.6    3 years ago
You are unaware that Biden does not always speak 100% grammatically correct English?    Unaware that he sometimes inserts a wrong word?

You are correct. I jumped when I should have sat down. LOL

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.9  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @1.5.4    3 years ago

Why are you pretending to not comprehend his meaning?     Why would a PotUS publicly refer to any black man as 'boy'?   Does that question not even pop into your head?

See, it should.   And with that question you should consider Biden's meaning.  

Spelling it out for you (and boy it is pathetic that I need to do this):

"I'm here with my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond,"

You insist on reading this as:  'Richmond is my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana well'.  

Yet ordinary command of USA English would yield:   'Richmond is my senior adviser, and boy he knows Louisiana well'.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.10  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.9    3 years ago
You insist on reading this as:  'Richmond is my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana well'.   Yet ordinary command of USA English would yield:   'Richmond is my senior adviser, and boy he knows Louisiana well'.

Good explanation. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.11  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.10    3 years ago

And totally unnecessary.   I am confident that none of these attackers actually believe that Biden publicly referred to one of his black advisers as 'boy'.   They are simply engaging in a partisan attack.   They are attacking Biden because he is the PotUS on 'the other side'.

And I believe you made the same explanation in another seed.   They understand.   Nobody here is this out of touch with colloquial usage of their own native language.   Nobody here is unaware that Biden routinely uses imperfect, abrupt English and has a history of poor word choice.

Just pure partisan bullshit.   And what bugs me is that the attackers do not care how stupid the attack makes them look.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.5.12  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.9    3 years ago
Spelling it out for you

Biden is a racist with many past racial remarks.  He called the man boy.  You can put a comma in there if it makes you feel better, doesn't change the fact that he called a black man a boy.  He called him his senior advisor and boy. 

Can you not grasp the English language or just a partisan covering for Biden?  

But just blame it on bumbling Joe now uh?  Partisans keep spinning if Biden is a bumbling idiot or not to defend his racist remarks at the moment.  Seems quite convenient for them.

Why are you pretending to not comprehend his meaning?  

Why do you think you know his meaning?

Biden’s History of Getting Away With Racist Remarks | The Heritage Foundation

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @1.5.12    3 years ago

Thats it Sunshine.   just dig in and fight. 

Forget the fact that the person he was supposedly calling boy was sitting just a few feet away from him. 

Some are just detached from reality, caught in a whirlwind. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.14  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @1.5.12    3 years ago
He called the man boy. 

So you flat out ignore the fact that a PotUS would never publicly refer to a black man as 'boy'.    You blindly dismiss that and play an utterly stupid literal game with his words and punctuation.

A perfect example of pure partisan attacks.   This is exactly what perpetuates the divisive nature of our times.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.15  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.13    3 years ago
Some are just detached from reality, caught in a whirlwind. 

Exactly.   Just attack 'the other side' with no concern for how petty (and wrong) the attack or how dumb it makes the attacker look.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.16  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.11    3 years ago

All true, but its really not new. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.5.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.16    3 years ago

You know people will believe what they want to believe that fits in with their preconceived ideas. 

There are things that are justifiable to complain about Biden, but this is just not one of them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.18  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.5.17    3 years ago
You know people will believe what they want to believe that fits in with their preconceived ideas. 

And boy, has this been acutely apparent over the past few years.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.19  TᵢG  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.18    3 years ago

OMG, TiG just called Perrie 'boy'!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.19    3 years ago

clever

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.5.21  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.19    3 years ago

I'm totally offended jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif . I am most definitely a girl... wait, isn't calling myself a girl misogynist, or is that only when Biden does it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5.22  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.5.8    3 years ago

I accept your apology

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.24  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @1.5.23    3 years ago

I think most people agree with that assessment.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   LOL. BOY , is that ever S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G it.  And BOY , what a great guy he is, eh.  You're probably unaware that we mature intelligent people used to use the word LIKE THAT!!!!.  NOT to call ANYONE a boy.  It's an expression. Fox News knew exactly that they were twisting the truth.  Try putting the commas where they belong, like THIS....

"I'm here with my senior adviser , and boy , who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond,"

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1  seeder  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago
"I'm here with my senior adviser , and boy"
 So, in Biden's eyes his 47 year old black senior advisor is a boy. I wonder if Biden introduced Al Sharpton as his "Civil Rights advisor, and boy" If Sharpton will feel insulted.
I guess all black men are "boys" to Biden. Not his fault, he just a product of his time, Right?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1    3 years ago

I'm not going to reply to the fact that your comment totally missed the point of what I wrote, so I'll just let that sleeping dog lie.  Would you like that box of straws to practise with before your next comment?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1    3 years ago

Good grief man, give up the nonsense.    I am confident you will fail to convince anyone that Biden was referring to Richmond as 'boy'.    Further, I am convinced that everyone realizes he did not and only pure partisans pretend otherwise.

What is the point of this?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1    3 years ago

Ask yourself this, if you truly believe that is what Biden meant, why are you refusing to only include a partial quote?  Why aren't you quoting the entire sentence?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    3 years ago

my question would be if biden did use that word in the context that is implied, why haven't a large segment of republicans now switched over to supporting him?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    3 years ago

OMG, every time I meet a new client in Texas they want me to meet the boys who are overwhelmingly white or Hispanic

and whenever there's a black person involved they might do a little eye roll and refer to the boss as the chief cracker.

BUTT nobody goes to the "niggah"  unless everyone is black.

We have our standards. /s

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    3 years ago

Yeeaahhhh, I don’t think so. I really don’t think he’s trying to use it that way. Biden is old as dirt and so just about every man he might reference is a boy to him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @3    3 years ago

Last time I knew of anyone calling an African American "boy' was in the 1942 movie Casablanca, when Ilsa Lund (Ingrid Bergman) called Sam the piano player "boy".

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    3 years ago

I just don’t know why this would even be a thing for Joe.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    3 years ago

It wasn't.  Now if he says "niggah" we'll know the cheese has slipped on that cracker, lol

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    3 years ago

This is about as stupid as noting that Trump cheats at golf;  and, boy, is it ever counterproductive.    Partisans are like children fighting in elementary school ... trying to come up with the meanest names and lies they can to 'get back at' the 'other side'.   They engage in this adversarial behavior rather then use their energy for constructive purposes.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @4    3 years ago

Yet when "Pele" boots one out of the rough it reflects on his character, or else he would not be notorious among caddies for unethical play. This whole made up brouhaha about Biden saying the word "boy" is as lame a gotcha as imaginable. This does not reflect badly on Biden. It reflects badly on the scoundrels trying to sell this bullshit as if it was for real. It is not. They are straight up lying!

The entire premise of this article is a low down lie!

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

Boy Howdy! The rightwing is full of lies and bullshit!

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    3 years ago

Do you need more proof how lowdown Fox News is?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Is this what counts for a seed these days? Just post a link?

TiG can explain how to use the Fetch It function if you need a tutorial

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

More feigning shock and outrage from the right over ridiculous perceptions.  In other news of a similar level of interest, water is wet and the sun is hot.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    3 years ago

There was another seed about this yesterday. On it I said that Biden got a wee bit tongue tied and said "who" when he meant to say "he" .

The phrase should have read "boy he is very very familiar with Louisiana." 

Instead it came out as "boy who is very very familiar with Louisiana".

A total nothingburger but the right is in desperation mode. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago

Oh come on John, just play along!  Joe Biden is obviously an avowed racist who just accidentally pulled back his veil.  Barack must be so embarrassed that he didn’t see it the whole time!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1    3 years ago
Barack must be so embarrassed that he didn’t see it the whole time!

well Biden did compliment him by stating he was the first clean black man.. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  dennis smith @9.1.2    3 years ago

Yep...As a former Senator and VP too.  
Biden certainly wouldn’t utter a racist slur.  /s

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago