╌>

Biden heckled in New Jersey

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  110 comments

Biden heckled in New Jersey
It's all across the country, you know...it looks like a tornado, they don't call 'em that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada and I mean, it's just across the board,” he mumbled. “And you know, as I said, we're in this together.”

You might know that Joe Biden has been visiting areas hit by Hurricane Ida, especialli if you watch MSNBC or CNN. What you may not know is that the ever confused Biden has been heckled along the way. For such news we have to go down under to our friends in Australia.

From Sky News:

One of Biden's comments that stood out was this:

It's all across the country, you know...it looks like a tornado, they don't call 'em that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada and I mean, it's just across the board,”  he mumbled.  “And you know, as I said, we're in this together.” 

Some people were in a quandary when they heard it. Some asked "does it really hit all parts of the country?" Others claimed that where they live they still call them "tornados." People in Nevada wondered how they got to be in the "middle of the country" with "crops and wetlands? " Evidently they haven't learned that Biden represents the party of change. There are so many changes underway. As a matter of fact it wasn't that long ago that Meteorologists who name tropical storms & hurricanes, so that people could remember them, began being more gender neutral, giving some of the storms masculine names. Oddly enough, it seems that those with female names continue to be the most devastating.

As for the heckling of Biden : The Pushback to Save America has officially begun.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

It really doesn't matter what he does now. He is the president.

He can't be hidden away any more.

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

A trump fan heckled Biden ... I'm shocked, presidents are never heckled ...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hallux @1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1    3 years ago

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to try to make something of the comment tossed in at the end of the tape.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    3 years ago

The video shows one person heckling Biden and it turned out to be someone with a Trump flag. 

It would have been journalistic misconduct to not mention it. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    3 years ago

How could I resist watching the entire video and especially from such an unbiased site ... one that is Biden BAD 23-7 and interviews Australian SS 'Patriots' 1-7?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @1.1    3 years ago

Yeah, what a shocker!  A President has never been heckled before!  Never!

Also a President has never been called a liar before by a member of congress.  NEVER!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago

So the point of this seed is that Biden made some comments and was heckled about his handling of Afghanistan (in particular leaving people behind).

Is this supposed to be news that Biden's handling of Afghanistan meets with substantial disapproval with the public?

Is it news that he has recently taken a hit in his popularity?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago
Is this supposed to be news that Biden's handling of Afghanistan meets with substantial disapproval with the public?

What it means is that he was nothing but an empty vessel from the beginning. It was obvious to rational human beings. As a matter of fact I still recall what Obama said to him when he thought of running:

"Joe, don't embarrass yourself."

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago
What it means is that he was nothing but an empty vessel from the beginning.

You got that from this seed?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.2  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

“he was nothing but an empty vessel from the beginning. It was obvious to rational human beings.”

yes, it was as obvious during the primaries as it is now. What the heck is he trying to say here? “It's all across the country, you know...it looks like a tornado, they don't call 'em that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada and I mean, it's just across the board,”  he mumbled.  “And you know, as I said, we're in this together.” “

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.2    3 years ago

Stunning isn't it?

That's why:

Former President Donald Trump defeats President Joe Biden in a 2024 rematch of last year's election, Emerson College polling showed. https:// bit.ly/2VmCXGl

E-sDs-NVIAIuxF-?format=png&name=small

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.4  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    3 years ago

He’s got my vote.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.4    3 years ago

Really?    The best we can do as a nation is rehash Trump?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.6  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.5    3 years ago

His policies were the best i’ve seen, so yeah, he’s got my vote if he runs again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.4    3 years ago

Donald Trump is a one man chaos factory who tried to overthrow his own government. 

And you want him back. 

And you wonder why they are called deplorables. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.8  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    3 years ago

That’s your opinion. Can you honestly say you are happy with our current situation?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.8    3 years ago

I wasnt happy with the way the withdrawal from Afghanistan unfolded. I dont know to what extent that was Bidens fault, but he is commander in chief so the buck stops there. 

The rest of the complaints about him are mostly unreasonable. 

Donald Trump is a total menace to democracy. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.8    3 years ago
That’s your opinion.

Nope. Donald Trump wanted the election to be thrown back to the statehouses (based on nothing whatsoever) and for the GOP legislatures to name him the winner of the election.  He probably belongs in prison although it is doubtful he will end up there. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.5    3 years ago

Better than Biden/Harris. Or just Harris.

Can't the Democrats come up with something better? That is if they can take time from "transforming" the country.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    3 years ago

John, do you ever stop being wrong?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    3 years ago
Donald Trump is a one man chaos factory who tried to overthrow his own government. 

Fake news.

And you wonder why they are called deplorables. 

Nope, pretty sure it is because Hillary the Idiot said it, and her lapdog little poodles followed their heroine's fine example.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

Vic,

Obama never said that. From Vanity Fair:

As the  New York Times  reported on Friday, Obama has  taken an active interest  behind the scenes in  Joe Biden’s  presidential campaign—not, it seems, to help his former vice president beat out the rest of the crowded field of 2020 hopefuls, but to shield him. Obama counseled Biden several times before he entered the race in spring, the  Times  reported, and the former president “cast his doubts” about the pending campaign. “You don’t have to do this, Joe,” Obama told Biden, a source familiar with their conversations told the paper. “You really don’t.”

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.11    3 years ago
Can't the Democrats come up with something better?

Excellent question.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.17  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.2    3 years ago

yes, it was as obvious during the primaries as it is now.

And yet he was duly elected.  That’s how awful, repulsive, and unelectable his Republican opponent was.  By all means though, please run him again.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.14    3 years ago

"Former President Barack Obama earlier this year attempted to dissuade Joe Biden from running for president,   reports The New York Times .

“You don’t have to do this, Joe, you really don’t,” Obama told Biden earlier this year, according to a Times source, prior to Biden’s announcement he would run. According to the Times, Biden “responded by telling Mr. Obama he could never forgive himself if he turned down a second shot at Mr. Trump.”

When the pair finished speaking, Obama told Biden to not “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy.”

I'm sorry I don't subscribe to the New York Times. You'll find the actual quote there. Obama said what you posted and what I posted. In 2016 Obama favored Hillary over senile Joe. In the most recent Presidential election Obama didn't lift a finger to help Biden until it came down between Biden and the man Obama felt was unelectable - Sen Bernie Sanders. That is the point when Obama and the powers that exist in the democratic party got together to back Joe Biden.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    3 years ago
I'm sorry I don't subscribe to the New York Times. You'll find the actual quote there.

Your source barely makes the cut according to MBFC, and I don't want to see your comment deleted.

I have a NYT subscription. Here's the 2019 original article for anyone who wants to read it. 

Hope this helps.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

The empty vessel would be #45.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @2.1.6    3 years ago

What policies other than tax breaks for the rich (who didn't need them in the first place) and that's not even a policy - just payback for their 'contributions' to his 'campaign'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.9    3 years ago
"Donald Trump is a total menace to democracy."

It's a menace to everything including decent human beings.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.23  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.20    3 years ago
The empty vessel would be #45.  

It wasn't so much that #45 was empty, it was just that he was full of shit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.14    3 years ago
"Obama never said that. From Vanity Fair"
I'm shocked!  Shocked I tell you!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.15    3 years ago

Can't the republicans come up with something better?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.15    3 years ago
"Can't the Democrats come up with something better?"

"Excellent question."

I don't think so.  I don't get what the problem is with Kamala Harris, not at all.  

Can't the republicans come up with something better??????????????

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    3 years ago

Vic, says Newsmax and the RNC. It's not reported anywhere else. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.27    3 years ago

See 2.1.19

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.19    3 years ago

Yes, it does, and thank you for proving my point. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.28    3 years ago

Did you read it Jim? It gives the same quote that mine did and no quote that says:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.19    3 years ago

"Your source barely makes the cut according to MBFC, and I don't want to see your comment deleted.

I have a NYT subscription. Here's the 2019 original article for anyone who wants to read it. 

nytimes

Hope this helps."

Can't read that article unless you pay for a subscription.  Doubt it says what you say it does.  Copy and paste it here if you want to insure accuracy.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.27    3 years ago

I stand corrected. Didn't realize we were talking about one statement.jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.19    3 years ago
When the pair finished speaking, Obama told Biden to not “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy.”

That is not exactly what the New York Times article says. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.33    3 years ago

After Biden entered the race anyway, telling him that he could “never forgive himself” if he didn’t personally try to oust Trump, Obama began pushing for Biden to “expand his aging inner circle,” according to the  Times . His advisors needed to ensure Biden didn’t “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy,” Obama told campaign staff in a March meeting, per the report.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.36  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.35    3 years ago
Obama told Biden to not “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy.”

There is nothing in the New York Times article stating that Obama told Biden not to embarrass himself. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.16    3 years ago

That is naive.   Ultimate responsibility does not mean absolute fault.   A failure by those in Biden’s charge is his responsibility (he bears the burden of achieving perfection) but the mistakes by others are not necessarily his fault.   He is faulted for his own mistakes.

That concept of fault and responsibility applies to everyone in a management position.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.38  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.27    3 years ago

The quote came from the New York Times. I can link the story, but you need a prescription to read it

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.38    3 years ago

It's been posted many times from the times and it didn't say that Obama said:

What it said was that it was a third party story and what was said was:

His advisors needed to ensure Biden didn’t “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy,” Obama told campaign staff in a March meeting, per the report.

There is a difference between those two statements and nothing if you believe what was reported has Obama directly saying to Joe anything.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.40  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    3 years ago
Can't read that article unless you pay for a subscription. 

Yes. Some of us have clearly stated this.

Doubt it says what you say it does.  Copy and paste it here if you want to insure accuracy.

With pleasure ...

Obama and Biden’s Relationship Looks Rosy. It Wasn’t Always That Simple.

• Aug. 16, 2019
In his interactions with Mr. Biden — the pair had a quiet lunch in Washington last month — Mr. Obama has hammered away at the need for his campaign to expand his aging inner circle. He has communicated his frustration that Mr. Biden’s closest advisers are too old and out of touch with the current political climate — urging him to include more younger aides, according to three Democrats with direct knowledge of the discussion.
In March, Mr. Obama took the unusual step of summoning Mr. Biden’s top campaign advisers, including the former White House communications director Anita Dunn and Mr. Biden’s longtime spokeswoman, Kate Bedingfield, to his Washington office for a briefing on the campaign’s digital and communications strategy with members of his own staff, including his senior adviser, Eric Schultz.

When they were done, Mr. Obama offered a pointed reminder, according to two people with knowledge of his comments:

Win or lose, they needed to make sure Mr. Biden did not “embarrass himself” or “damage his legacy” during the campaign.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.40    3 years ago

It didn't say what you said it said.  Also see Perrie's comment at 2.1.38

President Obama DIDN'T SAY THAT.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.42  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.25    3 years ago

Excellent question too.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.43  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.26    3 years ago
I don't get what the problem is with Kamala Harris, not at all.  

No doubt everyone has a different slant on this.   For me, Harris has always (even before she announced her candidacy for PotUS) struck me as a purely political opportunist.   That is, I do not see her as a statesperson (one who altruistically seeks to do the best for her nation and constituents) but rather on the more extreme career politician side of the spectrum.

I think she is very intelligent, competent (enough) and full of energy but does not have the characteristics I look for in such a high office.   CB, a few weeks back, asked me who Biden should have picked (who was both black and female) other than Harris.   I answered:  Condoleeza Rice.   I know she is an R so that basically eliminates her for Biden, but she embodies the characteristics I would seek.

But that is just me, you should ask others and no doubt you will hear different aspects.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.43    3 years ago

Fair enough.  I appreciate your honest answer.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.47  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.44    3 years ago
This is the president of the USA and he is responsible for what happens under his watch just as previous presidents have been.

I have stated that directly to you for weeks now and it never seems to sink in.   Yes, he is RESPONSIBLE for all that happens under his watch.   Did you not read what I wrote?  Here, dennis, read this:

TiG @2.1.37 ☞ Ultimate responsibility does not mean absolute fault.   A failure by those in Biden’s charge is his responsibility (he bears the burden of achieving perfection) but the mistakes by others are not necessarily his fault.   He is faulted for his own mistakes.

Now, do you see the word 'responsibility'?   Do you see how I used it?   I used it consistent with how I have in the past wherein Biden has ultimate responsibility just as did every PotUS who preceded him.   

Not sure I can be clearer so you need to do your part.

Your 'rebuttal' is to simply rephrase what I have been telling you.   You are stating what I have stated yet think you are in some way making an argument. 

I distinguished responsibility and fault.   You apparently cannot see any difference between the two.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.49  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.48    3 years ago

No.

That would mean that a manager (and that includes the PotUS) would have to hire (or appoint) only perfect (make no mistakes) people.   In the case of Biden, he would have had to fire everyone (the entire government and military) in his charge and then fill all those positions with people who would not make a mistake while he was PotUS.

That is an impossible requirement.   

Ergo, responsibility for one's domain is distinct from being at fault for every error that anyone makes.   In the case of Biden, he is responsible (ultimately and collectively) for the results of his charge.   But he is at fault for his own mistakes, not the normal human mistakes of others.

In short, when someone in the government/military makes a mistake, Biden is ultimately responsible but is not necessarily at fault.

Have you ever operated as a manager with hire/fire authority?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.51  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.50    3 years ago
When something went wrong in my department I took responsibility and did not pass fault/blame to others. 

Yes you take responsibility and you do not pass fault blame to others.   You take responsibility for your operations, but you are not at fault if someone makes a mistake or if someone sabotages your operation.    If one of your key employees got sick at a critical time and your operation suffered would your boss deem it your fault or would s/he instead hold you responsible to deal with it?   That is the concept.

It is not the fault of the manager that human beings are imperfect.  

Responsibility means that you are charged with mitigating errors and dealing with errors, etc. when they occur.   Responsibility does not mean that you are at fault for human imperfection.   It means you are responsible to get the best results using imperfect agents who will sporadically make unpredictable errors.

You have introduced a strawman pretending that I am arguing that a manager should pass fault and blame others.   That is not, in any way, what I have explained to you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.53  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.52    3 years ago
If someone sabotages the operation, I made a bad choice when hiring them. That is my fault.

Unless the saboteur had clear indications that you overlooked, there is no way on the planet you could possibly know.   Thus it would be insane for your manager to hold you at fault unless you overlooked information that was available to you.   No manager has perfect knowledge of the human beings they hire.   That is an impossible requirement. 

Do you think your manager would consider him/her self at fault for hiring you if one of your hires a few years into employment sabotages some equipment?   Think this through.   Fault is irrational, unfair and counter-productive.   That is why we manage in terms of responsibility rather than engage in a blame game.

No general manager worth a shit would hold their managers at fault under such circumstances.

Sick employee at critical time. Certainly unforeseen and if I relied on only one employee at a critical time shame on me, not the employee who got sick.

Irrational.   No manager has the resources to cover all contingencies; that is not reality.   It is a fact of life that shit happens no matter how well planned and prepared.   Faulting a manager (going beyond holding them responsible) when imperfect agents fail is a great way to demoralize managers.   They are responsible to do their best to mitigate failures and to resolve failures when they occur.   That is responsibility.    A good general manager holds managers responsible for their domain in general, but does not blame them (hold them at fault) for the imperfection of reality.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Australian anchor -  " It's worth noting that there was a flag popping up over the fence there that looked an awful lot like a Trump flag..."

Busting Vic is usually like shooting fish in a barrel. This one was no different. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

You failed again because those were not the only ones. They were the only ones a camera caught:

"My country is going to s--- and you're allowing it!" one woman yelled off camera, according to   C-SPAN’s footage   of the encounter. "And I’m an immigrant and I’m proud of this country! I’d give my life for this country. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves."

"All this for a f--- photo-op?" one man scoffed off camera. "You ain't gonna do s---!"

Busting JR is still a pleasure, after all this time!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Vic you were busted. Even the Australian anchors noted it was a Trump fan that was heckling. I feel embarrassed for you. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Trump wouldnt go back to his home in NYC for months after his election because he knew that thousands were going to boo the shit out of him. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    3 years ago

If the election were held tomorrow Trump would win. It's progressives that need to worry and they are worried.

You have an idiot in the White House John!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    3 years ago
I feel embarrassed

After 4 years of talking about Trump/Russia collusion, it's about time!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    3 years ago

You are the one who is claiming this story is newsworthy. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    3 years ago

We had an idiot in the White House who waddled out on 1/20/21.  

We're not worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all should be worried.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    3 years ago

Biden certainly deserves to be heckled.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @4    3 years ago

He is just what he seemed to be and the Trump haters & progressives gladly voted for him. 

It's the others I have an issue with.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    3 years ago

Heaven forbid it's our readers.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @4.1.1    3 years ago

For our readers I have this wonderful new Ad:

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    3 years ago

Darn, there's no toilet paper stuck to his shoe.

Movin' on ... I note your boy Durham has shown a flurry of life.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.1.4  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    3 years ago

WOW!  long but hard hitting.  Cut into smaller bites it will score points

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @4.1.4    3 years ago

It cracks me up every time I watch it!  You are right though, it goes right to the heart of what we ended up with in the peculiar 2020 election.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.1.6  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    3 years ago

And some will still defend him

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gazoo @4.1.6    3 years ago

Yup, right to the bitter end, which can't be far off.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.5    3 years ago
It cracks me up every time I watch it!

I don't find anything funny whatsoever in our nation so miscalculating the strength of the Afghanistan government after being integrated with them for almost 20 years.   It is a fundamental failure from Biden on down.   Nothing funny about it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @4.1.6    3 years ago
And some will still defend him

You guys are unbelievable.    Yeah of course the hard-core partisans will defend Biden no matter what just as the hard-cord partisans defend and support Trump even now.   Of course.  Obviously.

But that should be a concern.   We have far too many hard-core partisans in our nation and too few rational, reasoning, engaged and informed voters.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    3 years ago

Good ad.  You know the military was told not to land on any roof for any reason. I do wish they wouldn’t include him falling on the steps though.  As much as I dislike the man for recklessly killing our soldiers, I do not like seeing a senile old man trip and fall.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.9    3 years ago
We have far too many hard-core partisans in our nation and too few rational, reasoning, engaged and informed voters.

One of your biggest problems is you fail , utterly it seems, to understand that "partisans" can be reasoned, engaged and informed.  I dont really care to speculate on the percentage, but it is far from zero. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.1.12  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    3 years ago

Do you consider yourself to be partisan?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @4.1.12    3 years ago

yes

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    3 years ago
One of your biggest problems is you fail , utterly it seems, to understand that "partisans" can be reasoned, engaged and informed.  I dont really care to speculate on the percentage, but it is far from zero.

Since you chose to leap into a personal comment I will do likewise.

Your problem is that you do not pay attention to what I have written about partisans.   I have explained repeatedly that there are indeed independent thinkers (reasoned, engaged and informed) who stick with a particular party.    Those are what I would call strategic partisans (in contrast to conformist partisans).   (They are also appropriately deemed as independents with party affiliation:  ergo R independents vs. D independents).  Strategic partisans are tied to a party because they have concluded that having their party in control is better for the nation.   They do not, however, merely accept everything their party states as truth. 

So now I have yet again explained this.  

Typically, John, when I am critical about partisanship I am speaking of conformist partisanship — the most common manifestation of partisanship wherein the partisan carries the water for their party.   The conformist partisan is typically not reasoned (albeit are engaged and informed) and largely accepts (and then repeats) whatever their group (party or faction within the party) deems truth.

Finally, I see you as a strategic partisan.   Try to remember this comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.14    3 years ago

Now that you have taken the time to expand on your position we can all ponder your words. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    3 years ago

I have written that explanation (in various forms) multiple times right here on NT.   The reason I do so is to be clear when I am expressing my opinion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.16    3 years ago

I havent seen it before, probably because I dont read every seed. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.18  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.8    3 years ago

Yet so many still defend "the fundamental failure". Sorry, not catchy enough to stick as a Biden nickname. But it is accurate.

You don't understand funny. This isn't funny, ha, ha. This is funny in the way an over eager POS braggart of a fighter gets their ass handed to them. It is painful to watch; but you do it just the same because the POS gets exactly what is coming to them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.17    3 years ago

Okay, fair.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.18    3 years ago
You don't understand funny. This isn't funny, ha, ha.

Ronin, this is what Vic wrote:

Vic @4.1.5 ☞ It cracks me up every time I watch it!

The phrase 'cracks me up' means what to you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.8    3 years ago

What was 'peculiar' about the 2020 election???????????????????????

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.21    3 years ago

I do not understand your question given you replied to @4.1.8.   How does your question apply to my comment?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

th?id=OVFT.x2s1UNbkKZFreZCz0IN68y&pid=News&w=256&h=158&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90

Biden: “By 2020 [we’re going to] make sure all of our electricity is zero emissions"

Does anyone have a time machine?

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    3 years ago

And the shocks keep coming ... a president made a gaff. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7.1    3 years ago

"If this isn't failure, what does failure look like?"

What a great line!

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    3 years ago

I dunno, toilet paper stuck to one's shoe? I'd post the pic but I am sure it is glued fast to your memory.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @7.1    3 years ago
. a president made a gaff. 

Is that the new line?  

Funny how a spelling mistake was the end of civilization just a few short years ago. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.2  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    3 years ago

“Does anyone have a time machine?”

and a miracle. The only way we make zero emission electricity (with current technology) is via wind, solar, and hydro. Wind only works when it’s windy. Solar only works half a 24 hour cycle and when it’s cloudy output is diminished. Hydro, look at water levels at lake mead. Hydro is not a sure thing either. AND, put all three together and it’s not nearly enough to power this country. But let’s forget all that and pretend everything is just fine with this green new deal bs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

As Della Street once asked "Can we ever get out of this office by 9 PM?"

OIP.VNOwPDnoZfNgWchdr-F9XwHaFp?w=220&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Tonight's the night.

Good night all.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

That tornado thing is about as stupid a thing as a politician has said.  Even for Biden that's really bad. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Maybe President Biden should have tossed rolls of paper towels and fuck up the name of the city(s) he visited like Trump did.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    3 years ago

Whatshisname is cleaning up his image before a possible 'presidential' run in 2024.  

There's no cleaning up a steaming pile of shit.  You can't polish a turd.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    3 years ago

Not talking about Biden.  But you knew that.  You're not funny, at all.