╌>

The Tribune of the people

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  66 comments

The Tribune of the people
"Are you ready for my EPIC Rally in GEORGIA?" Trump wrote this week in a fundraising email to supporters.

In ancient Rome a Tribune was an invividual chosen by the plebeians to protect their interests and protect them from the oppression (real or imagined) of the patricians or nobles.

In America there is one man who deserves that title. He is all the people had and served them well for four years. He is also a lightning rod for the indoctrinated enemies of the people. Some think he plans on running for a second term, while others believe he is wise enough to know that he might just be the only Republican who could be defeated in 2024. In any event, he is about to come out of seclusion to help begin the 2022 midterm campaign for the return of Republican control of congress.

He is on his way to a key state that not only played a crucial role in his defeat last November, but was the scene of a costly giveaway of 2 Senate seats. That's right: Georgia - the state where Republicans didn't really come out for the Senate election. I suppose we can thank Sidney Powell for convincing Georgians to boycott that election. There is also some personal business to be settled. Georgia is the state where the former president has vowed to defeat an incumbent conservative governor and a Republican secretary of state for refusing calls to decertify the results. That's the petty part. What is important is to get those Georgia Republican voters energized for the 2022 midterms.

It should be another of the large rallies we have come to expect whenever he speaks. Herschel Walker will join him and speak ahead of him at the rally, which is being held at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, in the central part of the state.

We can only hope he doesn't make the same mistake he made the last time he was in Georgia. Does anyone recall that?

He was there to endorse Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue. Instead he spoke mostly of a stolen election.

Let's hope we don't hear any more about it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

We shall soon see...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

I can’t wait!  It’s like a breath of fresh air to hear him speak out and confront Biden and his asinine idiotic policies.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

We have at least one network that will carry it!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago

... only to cut away at the first sign of trump going over the defamation cliff.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Dulay  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    3 years ago

The commoners will find a way to watch their Tribune. 

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
the last time he was in Georgia he spoke mostly of a stolen election. Let's hope we don't hear any more about it.

bwah ha ha ha, good luck with that. campaigning in the next election by an autocrat that can't bring himself to concede the last election. he'll more likely get served with a summons in front of his fawning sycophants.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
We can only hope he doesn't make the same mistake he made the last time he was in Georgia. Does anyone recall that?

He was there to endorse Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue. Instead he spoke mostly of a stolen election.

Let's hope we don't hear any more about it.

Well now that it's history, I presume you are learning to live with disappointment. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3    3 years ago

Every Rose has it's thorns.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    3 years ago

So now Trump's a rose.

Is there no end to the bottomless cognitive dissonance of his supporters? 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2  Nerm_L    3 years ago

IMO Trump won't draw crowds like he did in 2016.  People really are tired of hearing about Trump all the time.  The run up to 2024 will change things but, for now, Trump isn't doing himself a favor by seeking public attention.  In fact, Trump trying to be too visible at this point could damage him for 2024.  Democrats are cooking their own goose; let the Democrats stew in their own juices.

The Georgia Senate race was no mistake.  If Republicans had retained control of the Senate then Pelosi would have blamed everything on Republicans, the media would have ginned up Republican opposition as the cause for all Biden failures,  and Congress would have been as deadlocked as it has been with Democrats in charge.  Winning control of the Senate was the worst possible outcome for Democrats because they can't hide behind pointing fingers.  It's a redux of 2009-2010; Democrats didn't have a place hide then and don't now.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @2    3 years ago
Democrats are cooking their own goose; let the Democrats stew in their own juices.

You do have a point.

It's a redux of 2009-2010; Democrats didn't have a place hide then and don't now.

That's for sure!

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

Roman Tribunes were chosen by Romans to be their representatives. American voters rejected Trump...

If he runs again Biden will beat him worse next time!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago
If he runs again Biden will beat him worse next time!

Anybody can beat dumb ass Biden right now. Biden won't be running in 2024 anyway

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Biden will beat Trump by 20 million next time...

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 years ago

Not in recent polls:

Former President Donald Trump would beat both President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris if he were to run in 2024, according to a new poll released Thursday.

A new Rasmussen Reports poll found that in a possible 2024 Trump-Biden race 51% of possible voters said they would choose Trump over Biden, who garnered just 41% of support, the  Washington Examiner  reported. Independent voters chose Trump over Biden by 20 points, according to the report.

If the election was against Harris, Trump would win 52% of the vote while Harris would only garner 39% of voter support, according to the report.

One-fifth of Democrats also said they would choose Trump over either the president or vice president.

I know how much you like polls!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 years ago

Rasmussen had Trump winning in 2020, too...

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    3 years ago

In January, before the pandemic? YA HE WAS WINNING...BIG TIME.

Jane Fonda had it right. You can all thank Xi.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 years ago

Although Rasmussen gets a decent rating, they do tend to lean right. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.6  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.5    3 years ago

So?

Pretty much every other polling service leans left. Just like the MSM

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.5    3 years ago

It does huh?  How about all the other polls?

Go wherever you want....he's in the gutter

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Live now

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
"Georgia is the state where the former president has vowed to defeat an incumbent conservative governor and a Republican secretary of state for refusing calls to decertify the results."

Where Trump tried to get the Governor and Secretary of State to become criminals and break the law to benefit Trump's numbers.

I have no problem with Trump being compared to a Roman Tribune.  The only example I've ever seen of one was Messala (played by Stephen Boyd) in the movie Ben Hur.  Knowing that Ben Hur (played by Charlton Heston) was innocent, he sent him into slavery and his mother and sister to a leper colony.  He also cheated in the chariot races.  A perfect example to compare Trump to. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    3 years ago
The only example I've ever seen of one was Messala

Messala was a Military Tribune, (there is a difference) who was sent to Judea, as part of a plan by the Emperor to make Judea into a more disciplined and ordered province of the Empire.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    3 years ago
In America there is one man who deserves that title.

The only title Trump deserves is Convicted Felon.

He is all the people had and he served them well for four years.

That is utter nonsense.  He was, to put it simply, a disaster and we are well rid of him.

He is also a lightning rod for the indoctrinated enemies of the people.

In my long life, there has NEVER been a greater enemy of the American people and the American way of life than Donald Trump.  That is clear to everyone except those who have been indoctrinated by his lies and extremist propagandistic disinformation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @6    3 years ago
In my long life, there has NEVER been a greater enemy of the American people and the American way of life than Donald Trump.  That is clear to everyone except those who have been indoctrinated by his lies and extremist propagandistic disinformation.

My, how melodramatic!

Do you believe that nonsense, really??

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @6    3 years ago
In my long life, there has NEVER been a greater enemy of the American people and the American way of life than Donald Trump. 

That's very telling.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago

What a bunch of disingenuous nonsense this article is. 

In any event, he is about to come out of seclusion to help begin the 2022 midterm campaign for the return of Republican control of congress.

Donald Trump has been out of seclusion since at least June 27, when he held a rally in Ohio , allegedly attended by 10,000 people. Jun 27th was 13 weeks ago. Since then Trump has held multiple other rallies, and  appeared on conservative television media many many times. He puts out his own press releases and has a website where he posts two or three blowhard pronouncements per day. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago
Donald Trump has been out of seclusion since at least June 27

Really?  I had to go find a "Newsmax" TV station to hear a former President speak.

He's been banned from Twitter, which was a good thing because now the American public has had a full dose of the disaster known as Joe Biden.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    3 years ago

For some bizarre and childish reason, Trump sent out to his supporters this morphed image combining the faces of Liz Cheney and George W Bush. 

FACkhDRUYAAx7qh?format=jpg&name=small

And now everyone is supposed to laugh at them............  why again? 

I'm sure Cheney and Bush had a good laugh at Trump's expense after seeing this . 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago
Mike Sington
@MikeSington
Trump sent this photo out from his “office” of Liz Cheney and President Bush cropped together. Yes, this actually came from a former President of the United States, not a teen boy in his parent’s basement. The same man who had access to the nuclear codes.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago

Karen McConnell original

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago
"The same man who had access to the nuclear codes."

Which frankly should have scared anyone who had a brain in his head, because he fired anyone who opposed what he wanted and surrounded himself with those who enslaved their brains to him, and IMO absolutely justified what Milley has been criticized by the stagnant political opportunists for doing the right thing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @8.1.1    3 years ago

McConnell is the biggest hypocrite in the American government.  He so smoothly talks out of both sides of his mouth, agreeing with anything that serves him at the time and disagreeing with the exact same thing if it doesn't.  I need not list examples, they've been aptly reported. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago
Yes, this actually came from a former President of the United States

And is being reposted by an adult member of NT!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.2    3 years ago
Which frankly should have scared anyone

It scared Xi and Kim Jung-un and Putin. That's exactly what I wanted. Not somebody who runs out of Afghanistan like a God-damned coward!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 years ago

Is that your creation of fiction or do you have a non-partisan source?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.2  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago

Trump is pathetic.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @8.2    3 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2.1    3 years ago

A great and awesome speech by #45,47.  Well stated and right on!  He nailed biDen for all his many short comings and covered all the issues well.  He also pointed out the double standards of how blue cities treat protesters based on political belief.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2.2    3 years ago

"biDen"?  

What is that supposed to mean?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @8.2    3 years ago

Biden is scum

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago
For some bizarre and childish reason

You are right, I suppose anyone who would post such pictures would be "childish."

Dig
Professor Participates
9  Dig    3 years ago
In America there is one man who deserves that title. He is all the people had and served them well for four years.

My god. That almost made me physically ill.

Hate to break it to you, but the former New York billionaire would be a patrician, and he's more like Julius Caesar than a tribune of the plebs in that he tried to destroy the republic to remain in power. Much, much dumber than Julius Caesar, though.

He is also a lightning rod for the indoctrinated enemies of the people.

The indoctrinated enemies of the people? That's absolutely insane.

You mean patriots. As an enemy of the republic, he's a lightening rod for patriots.

Sic semper tyrannis!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dig @9    3 years ago

It's about fucking well time that the snail's pace American justice system became his Brutus.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    3 years ago
He was there to endorse Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue. Instead he spoke mostly of a stolen election.   Let's hope we don't hear any more about it.

Hope, sure, but I think Trump is predictable enough to know that the hope is against all odds.   Trump is a malignant narcissist; he cares about himself.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @10    3 years ago

Trump will be #47 on Jan. 20, 2025 if America survives until then as we knew her all our lives.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1    3 years ago

Only if 47 is his designated Supermax I.D. number.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.2  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @10    3 years ago

I will never understand the worship he receives. Hell, he can even call his supporters stupid and they don't care.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @10.2    3 years ago
I will never understand the worship he receives.

It is mind-boggling.   It makes me sick to see so much gullibility in our nation.   I never thought it was this wide-spread until evidenced by the multitude of Trump supporters.

... he can even call his supporters stupid ...

Are you suggesting that not every statement by Trump is a lie?

Ender
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.1    3 years ago

One out of a thousand...Haha

Ender
Professor Principal
11  Ender    3 years ago
In America there is one man who deserves that title. He is all the people had and served them well for four years.

Yep, we all know where the true TDS lays. It is clear on this thread as to the people that think he is some great human being...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

A sampling of the "Save America" Rally:

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    3 years ago

How can 'our readers' be sure this isn't the 'fake news' Trump is talking about? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @12.1    3 years ago

They have the usual comments from your colleagues. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    3 years ago

Who the fuck are 'they' Vic? 

I can assure you that NONE of my 'colleagues' is a NT member. 

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    3 years ago

So do you believe him? That it was the most corrupt election in history....

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @12.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

Dig
Professor Participates
12.2.2  Dig  replied to  Ender @12.2    3 years ago

If anything it was the most corrupt post-election period in history, because of Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @12.2    3 years ago
That it was the most corrupt election in history....

It was, but the corruption all came from Trump and his lackeys. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @12.2    3 years ago

Wha?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.3    3 years ago
It was

I see.

Dig
Professor Participates
12.3  Dig  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    3 years ago
A sampling of the "Save America" Rally

More like a sampling of a tyrant continuing his treasonous behavior right out in the open.

Here's another sampling from that rally: Trump Falsely Claims Arizona Audit Found He Won 'At a Level You Would Not Believe'

"We won at the Arizona forensic audit yesterday at a level that you wouldn't believe," Trump told the crowd. "They had headlines that Biden wins in Arizona, when they know it's not true. He didn't win in Arizona. He lost in Arizona based on the forensic audit."

Trump is actively trying to undermine the American republic by repeatedly telling his supporters bullshit like this -- that they can't trust elections, even elections that have been reviewed three or four times, and even those managed by Republican officials. Hell, even elections in states where he won like Texas! 

Trump is a god damned traitor who tried to pull off a coup to overturn the last election. Fortunately, it was a fairly incompetent attempt and it failed. Even after replacing several senior pentagon officials with loyalists after the election, it all came down to Pence on January 6, who, to his credit (and about the only one) refused to play along with the act of treason and did his duty to the country and the constitution by certifying the election results.

When are Trump supporters going to get it through their heads that the only reason he wants the presidency is because it protects him from criminal prosecution? Well, that and the fact that he's an egomaniac. He is only going to continue this kind of performance art because it's a last ditch Hail Mary for him. He'll do whatever he can to delay things in the courts long enough to hopefully win another election and regain immunity, but he also needs to maintain a base for the next election. That's all this is. Unfortunately he can't maintain a base without the kind of deceit and "alternative truths" that got him into office in the first place, and if he destroys the country in the process of trying to regain power and immunity from prosecution, he doesn't care.

Democratic elections are what create and perpetuate republics. They are how a people authorize and install their own government, as opposed to having one forced on them by a conquering minority. They're how a people remain free and unsubjugated, with everyone having an equal, figurative seat at the table (a ballot). For crying out loud, stop supporting and defending a traitor who tried to pull off a coup to overturn the last election, and who is still, to this day, actively trying to destroy the republic with lies.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.3.2  Gsquared  replied to  Dig @12.3    3 years ago

Excellent comment.

JBB
Professor Principal
13  JBB    3 years ago

original