╌>

Congressional Democrats reel over Rittenhouse acquittal, call for DOJ review, and claim 'white supremacy' | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   Washington Examiner

Congressional Democrats reel over Rittenhouse acquittal, call for DOJ review, and claim 'white supremacy' | Washington Examiner
Congressional Democrats' celebration of passing the Build Back Better social spending bill in the House was cut short on Friday by a Wisconsin jury acquitting teenager Kyle Rittenhouse of all criminal charges brought after he shot three people and killed two in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Congressional Democrats' celebration of passing the Build Back Better social spending bill in the House was cut short on Friday by a Wisconsin jury acquitting teenager Kyle Rittenhouse of all criminal charges brought after he shot three people and killed two in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

From calls for the Department of Justice to review the case to calling for new gun laws to claiming that the verdict "protects white supremacy" and is "incitement," Democrats across the left-wing spectrum reeled at the result.

RITTENHOUSE NOT GUILTY ON ALL FIVE CRIMINAL CHARGES

New York Rep. Jerry Nadler, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, called on the Department of Justice to review the case.

"This heartbreaking verdict is a miscarriage of justice and sets a dangerous precedent which justifies federal review by DOJ. Justice cannot tolerate armed persons crossing state lines looking for trouble while people engage in First Amendment-protected protest," Nadler said in a tweet .

Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Joyce Beatty called the result "unconscionable," calling for criminal justice reform and gun reform legislation in a statement .

The Democratic members took a far different approach than President Joe Biden, who called on those angry at the verdict to "acknowledge that the jury has spoken."

Missouri Rep. Cori Bush accused the judge, the jury, and the defendant of being "white supremacy in action."

The judge. The jury. The defendant.
It's white supremacy in action.
This system isn't built to hold white supremacists accountable. It's why Black and brown folks are brutalized and put in cages while white supremacist murderers walk free.
I'm hurt. I'm angry. I'm heartbroken.

— Cori Bush (@CoriBush) November 19, 2021

At least one statement , from Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Sean Patrick Maloney, contained factual inaccuracies.

"It's disgusting and disturbing that someone was able to carry a loaded assault rifle into a protest against the unjust killing of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man, and take the lives of two people and injure another — and face absolutely no consequences," Maloney said.

The DCCC later corrected the statement.

Blake was paralyzed, not killed, and admitted that he had a knife before a police officer shot him in the back.

Far-left members of the "Squad" had some of the harshest criticism of the verdict.

"Our justice system is broken. It protects white supremacy. The two people who were killed deserved justice and so did our communities who continue be targeted with violence like this," tweeted Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib. "This painful verdict sends a horrifying message that bringing violence to a protest for racial justice is acceptable. It's incitement, not justice."

"Racism & white supremacy remain the bedrock of our legal system," tweeted Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley.

There are two justice systems in America. It's time to dismantle systemic racism & fundamentally transform our broken justice system.
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) November 19, 2021

What we are witnessing is a system functioning as designed and protecting those it was designed for.
My heart still breaks for the communities and families whose grief now compounds, and the countless others who will be denied and deprived in similar scenes across the country.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) November 19, 2021

I'm heartbroken. If we're ever going to tackle racial injustice in America, we have to admit our justice system isn't working for Black, brown and Indigenous people.
Then, we have to transform it. It won't be easy but I'm committed to organizing alongside you to make it happen.

— Rep. Pramila Jayapal (@RepJayapal) November 19, 2021

Kyle Rittenhouse is living proof that white tears can still forestall justice.
A murderer is once again walking free today — our system is terribly broken. https://t.co/3FKF4c4R3t

— Adriano Espaillat (@RepEspaillat) November 19, 2021

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Anyone else just wish The Squad would shut the hell up?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

I say if they want to declare war... let them... the more the better...

A jury saw the evidence and ruled the killings as justified self defense...

If congress or the federal government want to overturn a duly appointed jury who ruled on the law then the government does not represent the law and will use it's police power to subvert the law....

That is not government..... that is a dictatorship....

the more they open their mouths the more they prove it...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1    3 years ago
That is not government..... that is a dictatorship.... the more they open their mouths the more they prove it...

all true and an ongoing issue.  It has been exacerbated much by the other side since mid March 2020 to present.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Idiot progressives can’t help themselves.  

bccrane
Freshman Silent
1.3  bccrane  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

What we are witnessing is a system functioning as designed and protecting those it was designed for.

Wow, this was from AOC, I was like "You go girl", but, alas, I went to the seeded article and found it was a response to Elizabeth Warrens statement just above it about the process of changing the laws. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

For the life of me, I don't understand what race has to do with this. Because Rittenhouse defended himself POC everywhere are now suffering more than ever? How does that work, especially when none of them were shot? Was the argument that they lost two white people they needed to commit crimes in the name of racial justice? Just can't make sense of it. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Drakkonis @1.4    3 years ago

Those were BLM rioters; or affiliated with BLM rioters. So in leftist land they should have been extended the same protections as every other BLM rioter. Which means they can do what they want, to whatever they want, and whenever they want to.

By extension Rittenhouse is then automatically a White Supremacist and guilty of murder. If these criminals had managed to kill Rittenhouse we would have had the exact same arguments from the left. He had no right to be there. What was his mother thinking driving him into a riot zone? He should have been able to defend himself w/o a weapon. He was a racist standing alongside racist factions. He deserved it as his presence there provoked the confrontation. What we wouldn't have seen is anyone on the left lament his death. There would have been no calls for prosecuting any of the far left criminal rioters that attacked him. 

If the DOJ rears it's ugly highly partisan head against Rittenhouse the Republicans in Congress need to send a clear message to Garland that the second midterms are over he will be impeached. They should impeach him regardless IMO; but this would be the straw that broke the camels back for the panty waists in Congress to take action.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

They need to respect the jury.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.5    3 years ago

Fat chance of that happening. And it isn't just the Squad doing it, it is many Democrats.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Why are Democrats complaining about the justice system working?

Should the jury simply have ignored the evidence?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @2    3 years ago

As far as they are concerned.... YES Evidence means nothing to them, truth means nothing, integrity means nothing...

The only thing that means anything is getting what they want, any way they can get it...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1    3 years ago

Just like the old evil empire the Soviet Union or the new one, Communist China, they will lie, cheat, steal, say anything to get their way.  Ronald Reagan had them all pegged quite well.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    3 years ago

For Chrissakes, he had a fair trial, and he won. Now people demand investigations, declare that the system is broken or that otherwise something improper happened? WTF?!

How is this any different than Trump or his supporters insisting that the election was fraudulent? These same people called that a "coup" and an "insurrection." They said Trump was destroying faith in a good system without any evidence (and I don't disagree with that part).

Now these same people want to say the same shit about our justice system because they didn't like the outcome of one fucking trial. Just like in 2016 when the only way Clinton could have lost was because Trump somehow got Russia to fix the election. It's all bullshit.

This shit has to stop. Grown people who are public officials have to stop shitting on the system they have sworn to protect and defend just because they sometimes don't like what it produces.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @3    3 years ago
This shit has to stop.

It won't because, in my opinion, they are intentionally trying to destroy the system that is based on law. It prevents them from recreating America into the country they want it to be. They wish to rule by narrative, not law. 

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.1.1  zuksam  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1    3 years ago
they are intentionally trying to destroy the system that is based on law.

What they want is for just about everything to be Illegal and for Prosecution to be Discretional. In that way they get their two tier justice system with the power to persecute their enemies and protect their useful idiots (at least as long as they're useful). The Right of Self Defense, the Right to Defend Oneself, Ones Family, and Property is a huge roadblock to their dream of a Left Wing Totalitarian Paradise.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

Im more interested in hearing what they think that the feds can charge him with that hasnt already been thought of and has NOT been determined to be a state jurisdictional issue .....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4    3 years ago
Im more interested in hearing what they think that the feds can charge him with

Well, they're trying to make it about transporting a firearm across state lines.

Justice cannot tolerate armed persons crossing state lines looking for trouble while people engage in First Amendment-protected protest," Nadler said in a tweet .

The problem with this approach is that it's not against the law to carry a firearm across state lines unless it's for an illegal purpose.

And "looking for trouble" is not a legal term and it's not an illegal purpose. It's hard to imagine a more vague accusation than "looking for trouble."

Furthermore, even if it were illegal (and I must state again that it's not) to transport a firearm across state lines, the evidence at trial - including police evidence - was that he did not have possession of the weapon when he crossed state lines. So the whole approach is moot on three counts.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Tacos! @4.1    3 years ago
Well, they're trying to make it about transporting a firearm across state lines.

and it was testified to in court , that he never did transport a firearm across any state lines as you said  , but if thats what they are going for , good to see them finally think borders count for something .

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4    3 years ago
what they think that the feds can charge him with

Good question, there is no race hate charge they can bring the four that attacked him were the same race, Self Defense did away with most civil rights issues unless the feds want to claim rioting and threatening to kill someone are civil rights, they can't make the argument that the riots were peaceful protests, not in a court of law based upon facts and evidence...

The should be doing exactly what Obama did with Zimmerman, which was Biden's first comment, accept the jury's verdict and get on with life...

his handlers coming out with claiming he sits on the opposite side of that is either a serious case of people saying for him what THEY thought he should say, (which reveals a real issue of not being in control) or he has a bunch of loose cannons around him who could care less that he is the boss... in that case they should be fired...

Just the ideal of them thinking about a way to get around the constitution when it comes to a jury verdict is scary DAMNED scary...

It also is revealing of where the government really stands concerning the rights guarenteed to the citizens by the constitution...

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2    3 years ago
Just the ideal of them thinking about a way to get around the constitution when it comes to a jury verdict is scary DAMNED scary...

Boy, it sure is. I could hardly believe Nadler said it. The message I received from it is that if a verdict displeases whoever happens to hold power at the moment the government will take steps to make it what they want if they can. This really does scare the crap out of me. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2    3 years ago
there is no race hate charge they can bring the four that attacked him were the same race,

actually , jumpkick dude the kungfu man , was black.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Drakkonis @4.2.1    3 years ago
The message I received from it is that if a verdict displeases whoever happens to hold power at the moment the government will take steps to make it what they want if they can. This really does scare the crap out of me. 

Wow. Change the words "a verdict" to "an election"...

/s

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Split Personality @4.2.3    3 years ago
Wow. Change the words "a verdict" to "an election"... /s

sarcasm noted , but use either word and i still dont approve of it .  remember i never voted for nor ever will vote for the oversized manchild , i have stated so in the past , but in the same respect the otherside has not put forth anyone i voted for either .

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.2.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.2.2    3 years ago
actually , jumpkick dude the kungfu man , was black.

True, my friend, but still no race hate on Kyles part, he was only defending himself from a hate attack... and karate jump kick dude was the attacker black or white... they would have more luck charging him with a hate crime...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.6  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2.5    3 years ago
. they would have more luck charging him with a hate crime...

LOL and that might still happen , my understanding is he would not testify unless he got immunity , and a drunk driving charge and a domestic abuse case against him , went away ....

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.2.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.2.6    3 years ago

No brother it won't happen.. He is a black man, and if we believe all the BLM hyperbole, Blacks aren't capable of hating, only whites can hate...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2.7    3 years ago

your likely right , but for some reason i keep picturing that scene from Elf , and want to say to some , such as BLM and others you sit on a throne of lies .....

squiggy
Junior Silent
5  squiggy    3 years ago

Normally, 'guns', 'racism', or a mix would bring 300 comments in a flash but it looks like a sane, reasonable majority see through the politicians' firebombing the news. I don't see Arbery's case working out anything like this - then the mindless will be pacified.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  squiggy @5    3 years ago

well i have been catching up on the aubrey case now that the ritterhouse case is over , and  my thoughts are , those guys are going to jail from what i have seen and heard . and they deserve to in my weighing of the evidence presented .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1    3 years ago

I think the defendants are as guilty in the Arbery case as Rittenhouse was innocent in his case.

Should be a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    3 years ago

what i am seeing is what was claimed by the prosecution in the ritterhouse case , actually does apply in the aubrey case , so the ritterhouse prosecution simply had the wrong case .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    3 years ago

jury trial , those are never a slam dunk.....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.3    3 years ago
those are never a slam dunk.....

true, but the prosecution has a much better case.