╌>

Liberal Hypocrisy is Fueling American Inequality. Here's how.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   New York Times

Liberal Hypocrisy is Fueling American Inequality. Here's how.
t is in the blue states where affordable housing is often hardest to find, there are some of the most acute disparities in education funding and economic inequality is increasing most quickly

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"Blue states are where the housing crisis is located. Blue states are where the disparities in education funding are the most dramatic. Blue states are the places where tens of thousands of homeless people are living on the streets. Blue states are the places where economic inequality is increasing most quickly in this country. This is not a problem of not doing well enough; it is a situation where blue states are the problem," he added.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

From the New York Times no less....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    3 years ago

Living in California I can say that this is absolutely true.  In our big coastal urban centers there is no greater display of inequality of every kind.  Many working, middle, and entrepreneur class people flee those places every year now, most out of the state altogether and some to the inland areas here where those issues are much less severe.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago
Living in California I can say that this is absolutely true.

It's called supply and demand. The supply of homes with ocean views and incredible weather almost year round within commuting distance of some of the most profitable tech companies on the planet is limited while the demand is very high.

Are you suggesting the government force property owners to rent or sell all their homes for below market prices? Are you saying capitalism is flawed?

Blue states have many problems because millions of Americans want to live in blue States, for the most part they don't want to move to backwards thinking right wing religious conservative rural communities. Just two States, California and NY have 20% of the US population while being only 4% of US States. 

Since the pandemic we have seen more people willing to suffer the backwards communities for a cheap home since many can now work from home so there is going to be some migration from areas that have seen high price increases due to demand in the past. This is a good thing, I'm glad anyone who is unhappy in CA or finds the costs too high are moving, it creates more room for those who stay while helping slow the price increases. It's a win win.

California is still just 38th on the list of most dependent States, far below nearly all of the red States which take far more than they pay in taxes. I think this is a far better measurement of which States are actually in trouble. Just because you have low homelessness because housing is dirt cheap since anyone with the means or brains got the fuck out long ago and you can rent an apartment there on a dishwashers salary doesn't mean a State is doing well.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    3 years ago
From the New York Times no less....

It appears that the papers at least have figured out they are off message, WAY OFF MESSAGE...

And the public is turning against the message they are spewing...  They are treating the average American like they are the enemy....

Dirty, nasty, evil people, deplorable every single one of us...

"I'm PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE.... CAUSE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE!!!"