╌>

The New Narrative

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  229 comments

The New Narrative
"If I were a betting person right now, I’d say Trump is going to run again. He seems to be setting himself up to do that, and if he’s not held accountable, then he gets to do it again," she said. "I think that could be the end of our democracy.

Some may have noticed that the radical left, which influences so much of the information/disinformation that we get every day, has a new narrative. After running this nation into the ground for the past 11 months, causing chaos, crime and division as well as flooding the country with illegal migrants, the left is telling us that a vote for Donald Trump in 2024 is a vote against democracy!  We have heard it on cable news, we have heard it from congressional leaders and we have read it right here on NT.

They always seem to have a big lie to spin and they always accuse the right of doing exactly what they are doing. This particular lie comes from the queen bee of false narratives, always to be remembered for the living lie that just wouldn't die - the Russia Hoax. She is the woman who learned long ago that a democrat only needs to destroy the evidence and wait for help from the left wing media. It's called Hillary 101.

This is what she said on the "Today Show:"

"If I were a betting person right now, I’d say Trump is going to run again. He seems to be setting himself up to do that, and if he’s not held accountable, then he gets to do it again," she said. "I think that could be the end of our democracy. Not to be too pointed about it, but I want people to understand that this is a make-or-break point. If he or someone of his ilk were once again to be elected president, and if especially if he had a Congress that would do his bidding, you will not recognize our country.”

What is he going to do again?  Secure our borders? Revitalize the economy? Put America first?

Oh, btw, there is this for our friends who keep whining about Trump claiming the election was stolen:

"I tried to warn people... what he might do. I do think, but for Jim Comey and the stunt he pulled 10 days before the election, I would have won. I feel terrible about not stopping him and the people around him, but I feel like now everybody can see for themselves what kind of leader he is," she stated.

She is still bitter and yes, she still thinks the 2016 election was stolen from her.

Marc Elias has been posting the same BS on Twitter.

As for Trump, she still doesn't know him very well. What is the one thing Trump fears most?   Answer: Losing again.  I doubt he is running. He is keeping us guessing only because it is his way of maintaining influence over the GOP and that's ok with me. The Republican Party needs guidance and he's the man for that job.

As for the radical left: There new lie isn't going to work. I think most Americans are having voter remorse over the election of Joe Biden. They are angry & motivated. There is no way on earth that a lie is going to erase the 11 months (soon to be 2 years) of hell in America, know as Biden's performance in office.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Against all odds, Trump broke through against the establishment in 2016. His Presidency was an embarrassment to his opponents, as he succeeded in showing their impotence and failures. He secured our borders, renegotiated one-sided trade agreements, ended their endless wars, presided over a vibrant economy and when the nation was hit with a deadly pandemic he got us a vaccine in world record time!

They'll never forget him!

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Well, you got your tags right, anyway....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.1    3 years ago

I have to give you credit, you never miss a thing....

except...

for

the phrase "the consent of the losers."

Almost!

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago

LOL. 

The consent of the losers? You mean Trump, right? Oh, no! You couldn't, because he is still whining that the election was stolen from him, and for some reason, he is still pulling strings on the great American puppet show, ie:the Republican Party. But, pay no attention to the man behind the screen. Hillary? Now that is truly funny, because she conceded the election. What she says now is merely commentary. 

It would be ironically funny, if it were not so damnably pernicious, to watch as the false prophet tries to come again. Pernicious because the stuff that makes a state, the people, have so much that is more important than the divisive tripe that is being handed them in lieu of actual issues of importance by both of the major parties and the level to which it is all being amplified. 

"It is existential!" they cry. "We're fighting for our country!" the partisan hacks repeat over and over in a money-grubbing mantra. 

All balderdash.

Take a walk outside. At least the weather is real and cannot be faked.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.1.2    3 years ago

Perhaps I gave you more credit than I should have.

I thought you knew where the phrase came from.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Thomas @1.1.2    3 years ago

Whatever you say. What EVER you say. That is one of the best compositions of word salad seen by me in a long, long time

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago
the consent of the losers.

Obviously he didn't...

" Consent of the Losers "

That study examines how losing works in democracies around the globe, and the bargain at issue “calls for winners who are willing to ensure that losers are not too unhappy and for losers, in exchange, to extend their consent to the winners’ right to rule.” This bargain is also one of the core components of democracy.

That's been lost in the last four presidential elections... basically it has become a zero sum game... Fuck the other side...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.5    3 years ago

Once again you get the A.

My efforts to teach sometimes bears fruit!

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.7  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 years ago

I did realize where it came from, but you seem to pejoratively take the one candidate, who expressed some misgivings about the conditions of her loss and hold them up against the candidate who lost the last election and still has not conceded, still maintains that he won when he definitely did not, as if they were equivalent in quality and weight. They are not. Furthermore, the latter goes against the theme of the book and encourages others to do the same.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Thomas @1.1.7    3 years ago

Misgivings about her loss? Understatement of the century. Hillary still believes that Putin stole the election from her; as do the Democrats and the leftists. She, the Democrats, and their sycophants in the media have spent the last 5 and half years and counting trying to undo the 2016 election. This latest stunt of hers still shows she believes the hoax of her own making.

When we asked about 2016, 51 percent of voters overall said Trump won fairly, while 33 percent blamed Russian interference. Very similar to the 2020 results. Republicans believed 2016 was a fair election, 82 percent to 10 percent. Independents were closer to Republicans, calling it fair by a 52 percent to 24 percent margin. But 62 percent of Democrats opted for the Russia explanation for Hillary Clinton’s loss, while 21 percent said Trump won fairly. So it comes down to this. Sixty-two percent of Democrats don’t believe the results of the 2016 election, and 61 percent of Republicans don’t believe the outcome of the 2020 election. A statistical dead heat.

In her own words.

"I tried to warn people... what he might do. I do think, but for Jim Comey and the stunt he pulled 10 days before the election, I would have won. I feel terrible about not stopping him and the people around him, but I feel like now everybody can see for themselves what kind of leader he is," she stated.

She is still blaming everyone else, rather than looking in the damn mirror. But what comes around goes around. Trump had to deal with Hillary and her raving loons pushing the Russian collusion hoax she bought and paid for undermining his presidency. Biden gets to deal with Trump and his hard core following questioning his right to be in office. What they should really be questioning is he is fit for office. The man is a bigger menace to the US than Trump ever was, or will be. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.8    3 years ago

You're the ones who believe all that - not us.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.8    3 years ago
Hillary still believes that Putin stole the election from her

Comey's act arguably did affect the election;  it might have been the reason Trump won.    Not an entirely irrational view for Clinton to hold.

But there is no comparing her holding this hypothesis with Trump's two month long Big Lie con job as sitting PotUS and the continuation of same to the present.    To do so is ridiculous.

Note:  I do not like Clinton.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    3 years ago
But there is no comparing her holding this hypothesis with Trump's two month long Big Lie

No?

As I recall Clinton joined recount efforts and tried to derail the Electoral college vote. She and her allies used lies about colluding with Russia to undermine President Trump and launch a special counsel probe with the purpose of ousting him by means of impeachment. She also spent nearly every day since proclaiming the election was stolen from her.

Did you have a memory lapse, TiG?

And yes, I find what was done to Trump far worse than a bunch of inept protesters waltzing into the Capitol on Jan 6th!

How soon they forget

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    3 years ago
"Comey's act arguably did affect the election;  it might have been the reason Trump won.    Not an entirely irrational view for Clinton to hold."

I truly believe this to be the case.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.1.7    3 years ago
I did realize where it came from,

One day you almost gave me the impression that you did - you almost had me!

NWM is right about where it originated. However, it was also the title of the final chapter of Mollie Hemingway's book. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    3 years ago
As I recall Clinton joined recount efforts and tried to derail the Electoral college vote.

She joined the recount efforts of Stein.   And those ended and they all moved on.    Those recounts were dwarfed by Trump's Big Lie.  

Where did Clinton attempt to derail the electoral college vote;  are you referring to the movement by Ds who supported Clinton to urge electors to change their vote?    You must be presuming that she lead this effort in stealth.   Hardly compares to the known fact  that Trump attempted to suborn Pence to commit an unconstitutional act.

No comparison:

As sitting PotUS Trump engaged in the following attempt to overturn the results of the election using the authority of his office and against the Constitution during his two-month Big Lie campaign:

• He lied claiming that he won the election but was cheated due to fraud. 
  • He tried to suborn an unconstitutional act from his own V.P. — tried to get Pence to table counts of select states he lost to try to win through all other states. 
  • He tried to get officials to 'find votes' so that he could win states he lost (e.g. Georgia). 
  • He tried to get state legislators to override the votes in their states (e.g. Michigan) 
  • He encouraged his supporters to fight against the 'fraud' and to protest the count (after months of working them up with lies of a fraudulent election).
She and her allies used lies about colluding with Russia to undermine President Trump and launch a special counsel probe with the purpose of ousting him by means of impeachment. She also spent nearly every day since proclaiming the election was stolen from her.

Clinton and most of the Ds wanted to impeach Trump.   Now you are conflating partisanship with Trump's attempt to steal an election.  

There is no comparing Trump's Big Lie campaign with the acts of any presidential candidate in our history.   Not even in the same league.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.14    3 years ago

Clinton joined a lawsuit trying for a recount after she “conceded”
And years later was still calling his election illegitimate. 

Plus, her supporters still claim the election was fraudulently taken from her, as we saw on this site yesterday.   But sure, it’s only trump who undermines elections.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.15    3 years ago

Yeah, Sean, I stated that.   What is the point of 'rebutting' that which I have already stated?

And years later was still calling his election illegitimate. 

Yes, so?   You think this comes even remotely close to what Trump did during his Big Lie campaign??

Plus, her supporters still claim the election was fraudulently taken from her, as we saw on this site yesterday.  

Her supporters are not the comparison.   And Trump supporters are doing likewise.

But sure, it’s only trump who undermines elections.

That is not the claim.   The claim ... fuck, the fact ... is that Trump's Big Lie campaign was by far the worst behavior of any candidate in USA history.    That Trump abused his authority to attempt to coerce and suborn acts that were unethical and unconstitutional.

Just amazing that anyone would try to defend Trump's Big Lie campaign.    What an utter failure of the electorate.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.16    3 years ago

hat is the point of 'rebutting' that which I have already stated?

you can't see the difference between saying she "joined a recount" and "she joined a lawsuit to force a recount"?  

hat Trump's Big Lie campaign was by far the worst behavior of any candidate in USA history

Do you think Trump happened in  a vacuum? The democrats have spent the 20 years undermining  elections, claiming every time they lost it was stolen from them.  It's been a party wide effort, supported by their allies in the media. It's not just one Democrat claiming the election was stolen, it's almost the entire party and their media enablers. That poison takes root. Year after year, election after election, Democrats fertilized the ground for Trump.  Democrats in so many ways made Trump possible. It's like Frankenstein claiming surprise his monster exists. 

Then Trump claims an election was stolen and Democrats are shocked, shocked I tell you, that anyone could possibly claim an election was stolen.  Play no attention to the hero they tried to make of Stacy Abrams..

ust amazing that anyone would try to defend Trump's 

I find it similarly amazing that Democrats have the gall to criticize anyone about claims of election theft. The party continues to rally around elections conspiracists and then wonders why Republicans don't reject Trump for the same behavior they celebrate. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    3 years ago
As I recall Clinton joined recount efforts and tried to derail the Electoral college vote.

You stated that you don't like to repeat yourself yet you don't have a problem repeating that bullshit. I refuted it the last time you said it. 

She and her allies used lies about colluding with Russia to undermine President Trump and launch a special counsel probe with the purpose of ousting him by means of impeachment.

Wow, it's amazing how someone powerful enough to do all of that could lose the election. /s

She also spent nearly every day since proclaiming the election was stolen from her.

If you actually believe that, Clinton is living rent free in your head. 

Did you have a memory lapse, TiG?

Your fantasies aren't history. 

And yes, I find what was done to Trump far worse than a bunch of inept protesters waltzing into the Capitol on Jan 6th!

That comment is delusional and tells 'us' all 'we' need to know about you Vic. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.17    3 years ago
you can't see the difference between saying she "joined a recount" and "she joined a lawsuit to force a recount"?  

You cannot see that those two have the same meaning?  

Do you think Trump happened in  a vacuum?

No, but I am talking about what Trump did.   I am comparing Trump, the person, to Clinton, the person.   With respect to behavior post election loss, nobody is in the same league as Trump.

I find it similarly amazing that Democrats have the gall to criticize anyone about claims of election theft. The party continues to rally around elections conspiracists and then wonders why Republicans don't reject Trump for the same behavior they celebrate. 

I am not a D; just so you know.    Regardless, what Trump did was so over the top that nobody should ever support him for reelection.   It is amazing that attempts, like this article, continue to try to lessen what Trump did and, in so doing, attempt to support him.

Would you support for reelection anyone who engaged in the acts that Trump did during his Big Lie campaign (not even considering before and after)?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.15    3 years ago

So what Sean? Clinton wanted her people in the room during the Wisconsin recount. Nothing nefarious about that.

She didn't demand that they do it over and over and over again. 

Unlike Trump, she didn't make false allegations against Wisconsin's SoS or Governor or any of the County Clerks of any of the poll workers.

She didn't file 60+ lawsuits all over the country or hire a group of lunatic lawyers who lied to Judges. 

She didn't invite those that voted for her to a 'Stop the Steal' rally and then tell them to go to the Capitol and 'fight like hell'.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.14    3 years ago
She joined the recount efforts of Stein.

You better highlight "joined."  More likely she encouraged Stein!

Where did Clinton attempt to derail the electoral college vote;  are you referring to the movement by Ds who supported Clinton to urge electors to change their vote? 

Yes.

You must be presuming that she lead this effort in stealth.

Yes

Hardly compares to the known fact  that Trump attempted to suborn Pence to commit an unconstitutional act.

Then you and I have a different sense of proportions.

Clinton and most of the Ds wanted to impeach Trump.   Now you are conflating partisanship with Trump's attempt to steal an election.  

Yes I am. No President since Abraham Lincoln was subjected to what Donald Trump endured.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.21    3 years ago
You better highlight "joined."  More likely she encouraged Stein!

Dwelling on trivialities just shows the weakness of your comparison.

Yes

Well presumption is not fact.   I have stated fact on what Trump did.   I have not mentioned anything about what Trump might have been doing behind the scenes.   So I deliver facts and you deliver presumption.

Then you and I have a different sense of proportions.

Without a doubt.   There is no comparing what Trump did after losing the election with the behavior of any presidential candidate in our history.

Yes I am.  No President since Abraham Lincoln was subjected to what Donald Trump endured.

An entirely different debate.    No matter what Trump 'endured', it does not in any way justify what he did after losing the election.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.22    3 years ago
Dwelling on trivialities just shows the weakness of your comparison.

There are no trivialities. Democrats lied, cheated and broke the law and got away with it. 

Well presumption is not fact. 

No, but Hillary's history of enormous Machiavellian capers leads us directly to her doorstep. You may have noted that the Russia-collusion hoax has never been fully eradicated.

There is no comparing what Trump did 

Not at all. History will record what those who led the democratic party did and got away with!

An entirely different debate.

Lol!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.24  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    3 years ago
There are no trivialities. Democrats lied, cheated and broke the law and got away with it. 

Vic, it is a fact that no candidate for the presidency of the United States engaged in anything even close to what Trump did during his two-month Big-Lie campaign.

Your attempt to lessen the historical significance, the depth of Trump's abysmal character and the negative impact on the nation just shows again that you are trying to support Trump.

Why engage in this nonsense?   Why not instead focus on trying to fix the GOP by rallying behind a leader who is at least a halfway decent human being and one who has not abused his power and influence against the people and the nation simply because he cannot deal with losing?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.24    3 years ago

I have seen you ask that over and over and never get a response. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.24    3 years ago

I really don't have to worry about either, the democrats have insured that Republicans are going to be winning for the next 3 years at a minimum. I think you may have something to worry about - a lot of people may not want to wait until the next election!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.27  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.1.25    3 years ago

Vic has told me that he is supporting DeSantis.   But he also has stated that he would vote for Trump even knowing that Trump attempted to suborn Pence to perform an unconstitutional act to try to help him steal the election.

I say that if one is going to support DeSantis then do so.   Don't contribute to this unpatriotic act of supporting / defending Trump and, in so doing, continuing the possibility that he will run.

Supporting / defending Trump makes no sense;  it is counterproductive.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.26    3 years ago
I really don't have to worry about either, the democrats have insured that Republicans are going to be winning for the next 3 years at a minimum.

You are more politically savvy than that.   Don't pretend to be so naive as to think that you can predict which party will win the next presidential election.

I think you may have something to worry about - a lot of people may not want to wait until the next election!

What, specifically, am I supposed to be worried about?   I sense more presumption from you ... again.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.18    3 years ago
Wow, it's amazing how someone powerful enough to do all of that could lose the election.

I think they underestimated Trump. Don't you remember when democrats voted in open primaries to vote for Trump because they "knew" he could NEVER win the general election?

If you actually believe that

I always believe my eyes & ears.

That comment is delusional

The last person who told me that is off reading the "works" of Ibram X. Kendi

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @1.1.18    3 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.28    3 years ago

Sounded like a threat to me.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.32  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.28    3 years ago
Don't pretend to be so naive as to think that you can predict which party will win the next presidential election.

Well, I do recall Marco Rubio's famous meltdown. BTW he was my first choice in 2016. So I know that shit happens.

What, specifically, am I supposed to be worried about? 

Another Jan 6th only with real revolutionaries.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.32    3 years ago
Well, I do recall Marco Rubio's famous meltdown.

Seems like a non sequitur.

Another Jan 6th only with real revolutionaries.

Why do you think that would happen and in what way (cannot be the same as with Jan 6)?   And if there is a good chance for this happening, are you not worried about that?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.32    3 years ago

Are you encouraging an armed insurrection?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.35  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.33    3 years ago
Why do you think that would happen and in what way (cannot be the same as with Jan 6)?  

How many have been harmed by Biden's radical policies?  How many have lost their jobs under the vaccination policy?  How many businesses have been lost under lockdowns and flash mob looting? How many in the energy sector have been impacted? How many have been impacted by crime? How many women gave up careers to stay home with children out of school? How many are feeling the pinch at the gas pump, just trying to get to work?

Many people are anxious about voting the democrats out. The thing is - we are only 11 months in and they have a long wait. Will they wait?

And if there is a good chance for this happening, are you not worried about that?

Of course I am. If that ever happened, we would have a very heavy handed right wing regime and we would officially be done with the Constitution.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.36  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.34    3 years ago

I really can't improve on the English language. If you saw that in what I said, there isn't much I can do.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.37  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.36    3 years ago

Denying it would be a start...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.38  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.37    3 years ago

My name isn't Donald Trump. I don't waste my time confirming the obvious over & over again.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.39  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.35    3 years ago
Many people are anxious about voting the democrats out. The thing is - we are only 11 months in and they have a long wait. Will they wait?

Other than pure speculation, I am not seeing anything that suggests the American people are going to literally engage in an armed revolt.   We will express ourselves via our votes.

You seem to think the nation is in an historically bad state.   Surely you don't believe that.   After all, consider what took place in 2007/2008.   Consider, what took place in 2020 with the pandemic.   What did the nation do in 1979 when conditions were truly awful?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.39    3 years ago
What did the nation do in 1979 when conditions were truly awful?

How old were you in 1979 Tig?   I was in my early 20's

It was rough but the country was no where near as politically polarized back then.

I gotta agree with Vic here.   The polarization of our country right now is at never before seen levels.   Not in my lifetime anyways

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.40    3 years ago

I wonder if the advent of having 24/7 confirmation bias 'news' sources at everyone's fingertips is a cause of a lot of it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.42  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @1.1.41    3 years ago

No doubt, a very big part of it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.43  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.39    3 years ago
  We will express ourselves via our votes.

As it should be.

You seem to think the nation is in an historically bad state.  

I do.

After all, consider what took place in 2007/2008.   Consider, what took place in 2020 with the pandemic.   What did the nation do in 1979 when conditions were truly awful?

Yes, those were all disasters and we had greater disasters in our history such as the Civil War and the Great Depression, but this is different in that our problems were generated by a president who didn't campaign on the policies he put in place. These policies are extremely radical and have done a lot of damage. For instance: How many illegal migrants have entered into this country in the past 11 months?  How many will enter by 2024?  What will the American dollar be worth by then? How safe will our streets be by then?

As for 1979, people voted for a momentous change, but there wasn't much of a wait unless you consider the last 15 months of a failed presidency a long time. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.41    3 years ago

Like Hunter's laptop?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.45  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.44    3 years ago

When Hunter runs for office give me a call.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.46  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.45    3 years ago

But you do believe in censoring news!

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.46    3 years ago

Where did I say that?

I just don't give a shit about Hunter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.48  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.47    3 years ago

Ok. So for the record you were ok with publishing the laptop story shortly before the 2020 election?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.49  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.48    3 years ago

Like I said, I could care less. Hunter is an idiot.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.50  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.49    3 years ago

You don't have to answer it.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.51  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.50    3 years ago

I don't have to answer what?

Why is it so important. Hunter is a moron just like donald's kids.

Just because twitter or some other company didn't want to run it, not my problem. It is not like the story was ever stopped from being out there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.52  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.51    3 years ago
I don't have to answer what?

I don't want to sound like Harry Caray, but it is a simple question.

Just because twitter or some other company didn't want to run it, not my problem. It is not like the story was ever stopped from being out there.

Media Research Center   asked The Polling Company to conduct a poll of Biden voters in seven swing states to find out how much mainstream media censorship affected their votes. The swing states were: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

They asked them questions on 8 key stories that were censored by mainstream media outlets.

• 35.4% of Biden voters were unaware of the Tara Reade sexual assault allegations
  • 45.1% were unaware of the financial scandal involving Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden
  • 25.3% of Biden voters said they were unaware of Kamala Harris’s left wing ideology
  • 39.4% said they didn’t know that President Trump had record breaking unemployment numbers
  • 49% had no idea about President Trump’s record breaking GDP numbers
  • 43.5% had not heard about President Trump’s historic Middle East peace deals
    • 50.5% of Biden voters didn't know that the United States became energy independent
    • 36.1% did not know that the Trump administration's key role in Operation Warp Speed that led to the production of vaccines in record time

All in all, 17% of Biden voters surveyed would have changed their vote from Biden had they known about these key issues.

Media Research Center did the math in each state and by taking those votes away from Biden, he would have lost Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.53  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.52    3 years ago

All you are doing is praising donald.

Blow it up someone else's ass.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.54  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.1.53    3 years ago

Thanks for a salient conversation.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.55  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    3 years ago
I think they underestimated Trump. Don't you remember when democrats voted in open primaries to vote for Trump because they "knew" he could NEVER win the general election?

That comment is crap that just slide down the wall Vic. It's content has NOTHING to do with my reply or to what I replied to. It's just projectile regurgitation. 

I always believe my eyes & ears.

Hallucinations and internal voices. 

I've told you that more than once and though I actually READ books rather than just posting what someone else thinks about them, I have never read that one. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.56  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.55    3 years ago
That comment is crap that just slide down the wall Vic.

I'm sorry that you feel that you're behind a wall of crap. I thought I answered your question?

Hallucinations and internal voices. 

I shouldn't believe my own eyes & ears? Got it!

I've told you that more than once and though I actually READ books rather than just posting what someone else thinks about them, I have never read that one. 

First when I said the last person to say that didn't mean you. Second, the fact that I post book reviews (on new books) doesn't mean that I haven't read books. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to understand that?

At any rate, have a good night.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.57  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.43    3 years ago
but this is different in that our problems were generated by a president who didn't campaign on the policies he put in place.

Well since you decried 'businesses have been lost under lockdowns and flash mob looting', you MUST be talking about Trump because there have been NO lockdowns or businesses being lost because of flash mod looting in 2021.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.58  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.56    3 years ago
I'm sorry that you feel that you're behind a wall of crap. I thought I answered your question? I shouldn't believe my own eyes & ears? Got it!

If, despite your ability to review your own comments, you thought you answered my question, you can't believe what you think either. 

First when I said the last person to say that didn't mean you.

I know. 

Second, the fact that I post book reviews (on new books) doesn't mean that I haven't read books. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to understand that?

Oh I understand it perfectly Vic.

For some odd reason, you post other people's opinions and pretend to be able to hold a discussion about books that you haven't read. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.60  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.59    3 years ago

I must have missed the part in your linked article where is states that people lost their businesses. /s

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.61  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.60    3 years ago
Being soft on criminals has its consequences. For San Francisco, the result is a ghost town. For decades, this Bay Area destination has held conferences where it held itself up to the world as a model of a “livable, walkable” city. Not any more.

So you don't think any businesses were lost here? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.62  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    3 years ago

Well said Vic!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.63  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    3 years ago
Lol!

Exactly! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.64  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.27    3 years ago

Not only will I support him in the election should Trump win the GOP nomination, if by some illegitimate shenanigans he’s prevented from running again, we will make him a figurative martyr, elect the one most like him, and make the future a living hell for elected political leaders and msm media engaged in preventing him from running again.  Preventing him from running will be the most divisive political act in over 150 years 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.65  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    3 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.66  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.46    3 years ago

That’s the purpose of MBFC and other IFCN groups big tech social media use under the Soros funded Poynter Foundation umbrella 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.67  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.64    3 years ago

I would imagine most people reading that reply are shaking their heads at the irrationality of it.    Some likely are shaking their heads in disgust at the unpatriotic and divisive thinking that would underlie such a position.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.68  XXJefferson51  replied to  GregTx @1.1.59    3 years ago

I wouldn’t go anywhere near that place now…

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.69  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.67    3 years ago

I really think they don't see it. It is weird.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.70  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.61    3 years ago
So you don't think any businesses were lost here?

So you DO think that I should accept your presumption as fact? 

Your link does NOT support Vic's claim Greg. Try harder. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.71  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.70    3 years ago

Nah, I'm good. The ignorance displayed, whether feigned or not, is irrelevant to me. You have yourself a Merry Christmas dulay.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.72  devangelical  replied to  GregTx @1.1.71    3 years ago
The ignorance displayed

says the guy with the bonny blue flag as an avatar...

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.73  GregTx  replied to  devangelical @1.1.72    3 years ago

Awww, you have yourself a Merry Christmas as well,

says the guy with the bonny blue flag as an avatar...

to the guy with a cat gif as an avatar.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.74  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.71    3 years ago

Obtuse comments are becoming an art form at NT of late greg. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.75  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.52    3 years ago

Media Research Center is a far-right wing propaganda outlet.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.76  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @1.1.75    3 years ago

Says you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.77  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.76    3 years ago

Actually, they basically admit as much on the the 'about' page of their website. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.78  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.76    3 years ago

Says everybody who does the research.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.79  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @1.1.78    3 years ago

People who do research concern themselves with finding the truth, not the messenger.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.80  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.79    3 years ago

Then why the fuck did you post the lies from Media Research Center Vic? 

Even YOU have to know that Trump neither had 'record breaking GDP numbers' or 'record breaking unemployment numbers'. You also know that the US was not energy independent during Trump's term and it still isn't.

I won't even bother with the rest of the bullshit in the survey. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.81  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.80    3 years ago

Actually, it's true. We've done this before right?

"U.S. energy production in 2019 was higher than U.S. energy consumption for the first time in 62 years.  Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence”—which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used. One can thank the oil and gas industry and its use of hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling for that milestone as production in those industries increased a combined  11 percent in 2019 . Total U.S. energy production increased by 5.7 percent in 2019 while U.S. energy demand decreased by  0.9 percent . The United States produced 101.0 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) of energy and consumed 100.2 quads last year. Fossil fuels accounted for 80 percent of both energy consumption and production in 2019." 

I have a better idea. Why don't the progressives here admit that they don't give a fuck about energy independence. Their only concern is clean energy, no matter what the cost. Right?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.82  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.81    3 years ago
Actually, it's true. We've done this before right?

Actually no Vic. It's well known that you rarely if ever reply to questions. 

So, ONE year of kinda 'independence' by an infinitesimal amount and it didn't carry over into 2020 even though consumption was WAY down. 

Oh and BTFW, I notice that you didn't address the first two lies I cited. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.83  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.82    3 years ago
It's well known that you rarely if ever reply to questions. 

I guess I've become like Eric Holder.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.84  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.83    3 years ago

You have a LONG way to go to come anywhere near Eric Holder's record of answering questions. 

Part 1 of 3 1/2 HOURS of testimony in 2009. [For the obtuse, he was answering questions.]

Attorney General on Justice Department Operations, Part 1 | C-SPAN.org

Full 3 HOUR hearing on DoJ 2011 budget:

Justice Department 2011 Budget | C-SPAN.org

Part 1 of over 4 HOURS of testimony in 2011:

Federal Gun Smuggling Sting Operation, Part 1 | C-SPAN.org

ALL of those hearings were under penalty of perjury.

There are MORE but even you should get the idea Vic. If you're going to post snarky comparisons, the least you could do is base them on some form of reality. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.85  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.1.84    3 years ago

Eric Holder--the very first Attorney General of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress for refusing to honor Congressional subpoenas.

Wow.

What a sterling example of law and order coming from the nation's top attorney.

No surprise Democrats flocked to his defense.

He is a punk.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.86  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.85    3 years ago

Yup. Barack Obama's wingman.

Holder's legacy will be taking on border states who tried to protect their own borders, using consent decrees to emasculate local police departments and setting a standard for hate-crimes not applying to white victims!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.87  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.84    3 years ago
You have a LONG way to go to come anywhere near Eric Holder's record of answering questions. 

Really?  I hope to never be held in contempt of Congress.

ALL of those hearings were under penalty of perjury.

Not really. 3 of Obama's intell heads blatantly lied to congress and got away with it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.88  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.86    3 years ago
setting a standard for hate-crimes not applying to white victims!

Democratic Party principles in play.

Do note that Darrell Brooks will not be charged with any hate crimes.

Typical for Democrats.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.89  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.88    3 years ago
Do note that Darrell Brooks will not be charged with any hate crimes.

I have so noted. I have also noted the way the MSM has absolutely buried that story.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.90  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.89    3 years ago

Yeah, white victims and a person of color perpetrator just don't resound well with the woke crowd.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.91  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.90    3 years ago

That goes to the psychology we've heard right here on NT, which says that racism on the part of Blacks is excusable because of their "victim status."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.92  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.91    3 years ago
which says that racism on the part of Blacks is excusable because of their "victim status."

One of the stupidest things I have heard.

But typical.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.93  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.92    3 years ago

I suppose we have to read Kendi to get it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.94  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.93    3 years ago

LOL! He's a kook!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.95  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.94    3 years ago

You are being too kind

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.96  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.87    3 years ago
Really?  I hope to never be held in contempt of Congress.

No worries Vic, it's a CoC violation for members to overtly express contempt for other members. 

Not really.

Yes really. 

3 of Obama's intell heads blatantly lied to congress and got away with it.

Yet you and yours failed to hold Trump responsible for the failure of his DOJ to prosecute that which YOU claim was a blatant violation of the law and would re-elect him anyway. 

It drips with hypocrisy. 

Oh and BTFW, don't conflate Holder's testimony with anyone elses. If you have evidence that HE lied to Congress, produce it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.97  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.96    3 years ago
No worries Vic, it's a CoC violation for members to overtly express contempt for other members. 

That wouldn't ever equate to a contempt of Congress. Nor would a NT member's constant attempt at personalizing every comment.

Yet you and yours failed to hold Trump responsible

Whatever that means, it can never take away from me demonstrating how meaningless your proclamation that: ALL of those hearings were under penalty of perjury.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.98  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.89    3 years ago
I have so noted.

Yet failed to note that Darrell Brooks wasn't indicted under a statute covered by Wisconsin's hate crimes law. 

Opps...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.99  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.1.98    3 years ago

That was the POINT.

Different standards applied.

The woke crowd rules!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.100  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.97    3 years ago
That wouldn't ever equate to a contempt of Congress.

Within our little corner of the world, it sure does. 

Nor would a NT member's constant attempt at personalizing every comment.

You personalized it with this comment:

I guess I've become like Eric Holder.

I merely walked through the door you opened Vic.

Whatever that means,

My comment was quite clear. 

it can never take away from me demonstrating how meaningless your proclamation that: ALL of those hearings were under penalty of perjury.

The examples you used to attempt to do so merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.101  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.19    3 years ago
ou cannot see that those two have the same meaning?  

Not at all.  This is simple English. Joining a lawsuit to force a recount is not the same as joining a recount.

To claim that they have the "same meaning" is both preposterous and disingenuous. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.102  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.101    3 years ago
This is simple English. Joining a lawsuit to force a recount is not the same as joining a recount.

Splitting hairs to produce a distinction without a difference.   Does not make one bit of difference in this context.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.103  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.100    3 years ago
Within our little corner of the world, it sure does. 

Really?  That's too bad.

I merely walked through the door you opened Vic.

Nope, you are doing what you always do, making it about whoever you are talking to

The examples you used to attempt to do so merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less. 

Oh, and here I thought we were talking about Holder refusing to cooperate with Congress.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.104  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.103    3 years ago
Really?  That's too bad.

Since you've cultivated it with gusto, I doubt those are your true feelings. 

Nope, you are doing what you always do, making it about whoever you are talking to

You're so wrong Vic. You're claiming that I ALWAYS violate the CoC. If that were true, I would have a plethora of tickets by this time in the month. I have NONE. NOT ONE, NADA. 

Now you may think that's an anomaly, and surely I must have tons of tickets in most months since you claim that I am a serial violator. You'd be wrong AGAIN. I NEVER get more than a couple of tickets every month and most of those are non-point tickets from you or your mods.  

Go ahead and as your buddy, he's welcome to confirm those facts to you. 

Oh, and here I thought we were talking about Holder refusing to cooperate with Congress.

Oh we ARE Vic and I asked you to provide proof that Holder lied to Congress as you claimed and you've done nothing to deflect. 

You also stated this:

Since you're the seeder, YOU made them on topic. 

Again, your use of THOSE examples merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.105  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.104    3 years ago
If that were true, I would have a plethora of tickets by this time in the month.

Lol. See if you figure out the gaping hole in that premise. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.106  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.105    3 years ago
Lol. See if you figure out the gaping hole in that premise. 

Why NO, Sean. I see not hole of any size. 

But I'm pretty fucking sure that I know what you are implying. 

Tell you what Sean, though I cannot see if my comments in this seed have been flagged, you can. I have at LEAST 25 comments in this seed. Tell me how many were flagged but were given a pass [grey flag] by a mod. I encourage other members to play along...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.107  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.104    3 years ago
Now you may think that's an anomaly,

An anomaly? Not quite. It goes on a lot.

You'd be wrong AGAIN. I NEVER get more than a couple of tickets every month and most of those are non-point tickets from you or your mods.  

Most of my seeds & articles are not posted within groups. Do you know why? Because I'm using Alinsky's strategy of forcing NT to either stand up and enforce the code of conduct fairly or demonstrate to everyone that some are not capable of fairly administrating the rules. I leave it to the reader to judge accordingly 

Are we all through discussing ME?

Oh we ARE Vic and I asked you to provide proof that Holder lied to Congress as you claimed and you've done nothing to deflect. 

That you did, BUT that is not why Holder was held in contempt. The House had voted, and Attorney General Eric Holder had been held in contempt for failing to hand over documents related to the disastrous gun-walking sting, Operation Fast and Furious. You may recall that a border agent was killed with one of those guns. So what makes him special while Mark Meadows is to be prosecuted for the same thing?

You also stated this:

Since you're the seeder, YOU made them on topic. 

That I did and those 3 are James Clapper, James Comey, John Brennan ( I could have included Andrew McCabe). Are you disputing that?  They lied and nothing happened. Any thoughts?

Again, your use of THOSE examples merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less.

So your defense is that Trump's DOJ should have been as partisan as Biden's is right now and prosecuted the Obama people?  You see, Dulay, the DOJ is supposed to act in accordance with established precedent when it comes to enforcing rules that Congress has seldom enforced. They shouldn't appear to be working with House committee leaders as Garland seems to be doing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.108  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.107    3 years ago
Because I'm using Alinsky's strategy of forcing NT to either stand up and enforce the code of conduct fairly or demonstrate to everyone that some are not capable of fairly administrating the rules.

Most don't stoop to such juvenile tactics in groups but it is true.   One bad apple can spoil the bunch.   NT has more than one bad apple in this regard and i have no doubt new people who see that normally just move on rather than engage on NT.

I leave it to the reader to judge accordingly

Which any unbiased reader can surely do.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.109  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.107    3 years ago
An anomaly? Not quite. It goes on a lot.

What goes on a lot Vic? WHAT are you pretending is happening? 

Are we all through discussing ME?

As everyone can see, you deflected to discussing me. 

That you did, BUT that is not why Holder was held in contempt.

I know, yet you are the one that conflated Holder's testimony with Obama's intel heads', who you claim blatantly lied. So again, please provide evidence that Holder lied. 

So what makes him special while Mark Meadows is to be prosecuted for the same thing?

If you insist on comparing Meadows to Holder, you've got the question backwards Vic.

As shown above, Holder testified for over 4 HOURS in an OPEN hearing about 'Fast and Furious'. 

Despite your regurgitation of the RW talking points, Holder DID cooperate with the House subpoena and released over 7,600 DoJ documents about 'Fast and Furious'.

YOU may recall that the DoJ released a 470 page report that exonerated Holder. Not a 'Trump' exoneration, a clear and utter exoneration.  

Meadows has refused to even sit for a closed door deposition. 

Meadows has NOT cooperated with the House subpoena.

Instead, Meadows is suing the House Select Committee and the Speaker. 

So, what makes Meadows special that he shouldn't be referred to the DoJ for contempt of Congress Vic? 

That I did and those 3 are James Clapper, James Comey, John Brennan ( I could have included Andrew McCabe). Are you disputing that? 

In leu of the fact that you have failed to provide one iota of evidence to support your allegations, YES. 

Oh and BTFW, Andrew McCabe was reinstated to full retirement benefits. 

They lied and nothing happened. Any thoughts?

I have stated my 'thoughts' already and you have failed to address them. Here, I'll post it again:

Again, your use of THOSE examples merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less.

So your defense is that Trump's DOJ should have been as partisan as Biden's is right now and prosecuted the Obama people? 

First of all Vic, I am NOT defending ANYTHING. I am citing FACTS in reply to your comments and pointing out the hypocrisy. 

You see, Dulay, the DOJ is supposed to act in accordance with established precedent when it comes to enforcing rules that Congress has seldom enforced.

You see Vic, that is an utterly ridiculous comment.

First of all, the Congress has NO authority to prosecute anything. Referrals from Congress fall under STATUTE. They are not just Congressional 'rules'.

Secondly, you're decrying the fact that none of those that you cited were prosecuted yet seem to ignore the FACT that it is 'established precedent' [OLC memos] that the DoJ has the authority to decline to prosecute those referred by Congress.

You just don't want to admit that it was Trump's DOJ that declined to prosecute Brennen, Comey or Clapper. Hell, the Commerce Dept. IG referred Wilber Ross for prosecution for lying to Congress and Trump's DOJ declined to prosecute him even though they had a plethora of evidence. 

They shouldn't appear to be working with House committee leaders as Garland seems to be doing.

You're kidding right? The Trump DOJ overtly worked with House leaders AND the Trump campaign. How about you post a link to support your allegation that Garland is doing so. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.110  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.109    3 years ago
What goes on a lot Vic? WHAT are you pretending is happening? 

Oh you know, those who normally capitalize the word YOU are now emphasizing WHAT.

As everyone can see, you deflected to discussing me. 

No, I responded.

I know, yet you are the one that conflated Holder's testimony with Obama's intel heads', who you claim blatantly lied. So again, please provide evidence that Holder lied. 

I didn't conflate anything. Holder was used as another example of congressional contempt charges not being prosecuted.

As shown above, Holder testified for over 4 HOURS in an OPEN hearing about 'Fast and Furious'. 

Despite your regurgitation of the RW talking points, Holder DID cooperate with the House subpoena and released over 7,600 DoJ documents about 'Fast and Furious'.

YOU may recall that the DoJ released a 470 page report that exonerated Holder. Not a 'Trump' exoneration, a clear and utter exoneration.  

Meadows has refused to even sit for a closed door deposition. 

Meadows has NOT cooperated with the House subpoena.

Clearly not to every subpoena and the information provided was extremely slow in coming.

Instead, Meadows is suing the House Select Committee and the Speaker.  

Yes, Meadows is suing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her bogus House select committee, which Pelosi broke all norms in denying the minority of any right to appoint members. The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, asks the court to invalidate two subpoenas that the panel had issued to Meadows and Verizon, the carrier for his prior personal cell phone, calling them “overly broad and unduly burdensome.”

So, what makes Meadows special that he shouldn't be referred to the DoJ for contempt of Congress Vic? 

Nobody said he shouldn't be. What we are saying is that contempt of Congress is typically not something that the DOJ prosecutes. So again what makes all individuals associated with Trump so special?

In leu of the fact that you have failed to provide one iota of evidence to support your allegations, YES. 

As you damn well know:

Clapper lied to Congress 4 times:

John Brennan:

Jim Comey:

And btw they're all on record with not just dislike, but intense hatred of Donald Trump.

Oh and BTFW, Andrew McCabe was reinstated to full retirement benefits. 

Which means he got away with it.

gain, your use of THOSE examples merely demonstrated how incompetent Trump's DOJ was AND illuminates the hypocrisy in the fact that y'all couldn't care less.

Trump's DOJ did nothing different from the standard practice, with rare exception, of DOJ's not prosecuting contempt of Congress citations.

First of all, the Congress has NO authority to prosecute anything. Referrals from Congress fall under STATUTE. They are not just Congressional 'rules'.

Correct!

Secondly, you're decrying the fact that none of those that you cited were prosecuted yet seem to ignore the FACT that it is 'established precedent' [OLC memos] that the DoJ has the authority to decline to prosecute those referred by Congress.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm highlighting it as an established precedent.

You just don't want to admit that it was Trump's DOJ that declined to prosecute Brennen, Comey or Clapper. Hell, the Commerce Dept. IG referred Wilber Ross for prosecution for lying to Congress and Trump's DOJ declined to prosecute him even though they had a plethora of evidence.

As was long established precedent. You know, the precedent that applies to everyone but Trump officials.

How about you post a link to support your allegation that Garland is doing so.  

Right from the get go, at his confirmation hearing: “If confirmed, I will supervise the prosecution of white supremacists and others who stormed the Capitol on January 6 — a heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy: the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government.”

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.111  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.110    3 years ago

Another deflection. Surprising, not. 

I didn't conflate anything.

Why lie? 

Clearly not to every subpoena and the information provided was extremely slow in coming.

Holder only received ONE subpoena Vic.

I note that you went from claiming that Holder didn't cooperate to he didn't cooperate fast enough. 

Yes, Meadows issuing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her bogus House select committee, which Pelosi broke all norms in denying the minority of any right to appoint members.

Utter bullshit, stop trying to rewrite history. Pelosi rejected 2 of the 5 that McCarthy nominated. McCarthy refused to replace them and withdrew the other 3 because his fee fees were hurt. 

So again what makes all individuals associated with Trump so special?

The only one who is being prosecuted so far is Bannon and he thumbed his nose at Congress. As I said, Wilber Ross got a pass from Trump's DOJ. So did William Barr and Chad Wolf. 

And btw they're all on record with not just dislike, but intense hatred of Donald Trump.

That's contempt of Trump and isn't unique. 

Bias articles and blather from Trey Gowdy aren't evidence Vic. 

Which means he got away with it.

No, it means that he was exonerated. 

Trump's DOJ did nothing different from the standard practice, with rare exception, of DOJ's not prosecuting contempt of Congress citations.

What's rare is people are actually found in contempt of Congress and STILL refuse to cooperate. The vast majority comply with the subpoena. 

I'm not ignoring it, I'm highlighting it as an established precedent.

Bullshit. You haven't mentioned it once. 

As was long established precedent. You know, the precedent that applies to everyone but Trump officials.

The 'long established precedent' is that the DoJ decides who to prosecute Vic. When there is overwhelming evidence, the have prosecuted and that's why Bannon got nailed. 

So it looks like Trump's DOJ either couldn't or didn't find enough evidence to prosecute your enemies. 

Right from the get go, at his confirmation hearing:

Seriously Vic, that has NOTHING to do with 'House Committee leader' Vic. The Select Committee didn't even exist when he made that statement. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.112  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.111    3 years ago
Why lie? 

Don't call me a liar. I don't put up with that shit here.

I note that you went from claiming that Holder didn't cooperate to he didn't cooperate fast enough.  

I haven't gone from anything. What he gave congress he gave slowly, but here is the charge:

"The House has voted to hold Attorney General   Eric Holder   in contempt of Congress over his failure to turn over documents related to the   Fast and Furious   scandal, the first time Congress has taken such a dramatic move against a sitting Cabinet official.

The vote was 255-67, with 17 Democrats voting in support of a criminal contempt resolution, which authorizes Republicans leaders to seek criminal charges against Holder. This Democratic support came despite a round of behind-the-scenes lobbying by senior White House and Justice officials - as well as pressure from party leaders - to support Holder."

So much for Obama's wingman!

No, it means that he was exonerated. 

He was never exonerated. Holder resigned on September 25, 2014.

The 'long established precedent' is that the DoJ decides who to prosecute Vic. When there is overwhelming evidence, the have prosecuted and that's why Bannon got nailed. 

Bullshit. Where is either?  I'll wait.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.113  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.112    3 years ago
Don't call me a liar. I don't put up with that shit here.

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

I haven't gone from anything. What he gave congress he gave slowly, but here is the charge

Oh but you have Vic. You went from claiming that you've become like Holder because you don't reply to questions to...

claiming that Holder testifying for HOURS under oath doesn't matter because Obama appointees all got away with perjury because they are getting special treatment to...

claiming that it's DoJ precedent NOT to prosecute Contempt of Congress [so NO special treatment] to...

claiming that Holder failed to turn over documents to...

claiming that Holder didn't turn over documents fast enough to...

claiming that you haven't gone from anything. 

He was never exonerated. Holder resigned on September 25, 2014.

That might be relevant if we weren't talking about Anderw McCabe, who WAS fully exonerated. Try to keep up Vic. 

Bullshit. Where is either?  I'll wait.

Here, this guy talks about 'long standing precedent' not to prosecute contempt of congress except in 'rare occasions': 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.114  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.113    3 years ago
You went from claiming that you've become like Holder

There is a point where the similarity ends. He was after all a black supremacist.

because Obama appointees all got away with perjury because they are getting special treatment to...

You didn't expect Holder to investigate himself, did you?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.115  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.114    3 years ago
There is a point where the similarity ends. He was after all a black supremacist.

How does that make you dissimilar Vic? 

You didn't expect Holder to investigate himself, did you?

When the Congress referred Holder for allegations that he withheld documents and lied about it, the IG investigated and found that Holder had NOT lied. In short, Holder was exonerated. 

The IG didn't even bother to investigate William Barr...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.116  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.105    3 years ago

Silence ensues here after 3 days of you posting every day. You avoided this thread like the plague.  

If you're going to make accusations, the LEAST you could do is back it up. Though I suppose you did review the thread and came to the embarrassing realization that your comment was bullshit. 

Carry on. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.117  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.116    3 years ago
Silence ensues here after 3 days of you posting every day. You avoided this thread like the plague.   If you're going to make accusations, the LEAST you could do is back it up. Though I suppose you did review the thread and came to the embarrassing realization that your comment was bullshit. 

And you claim that you don't make it personal???

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.118  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.117    3 years ago

Some people here can't "NOT" make it personal.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.119  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.118    3 years ago

Is this a travel day?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.120  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.117    3 years ago
And you claim that you don't make it personal???

Where the fuck did I claim that Vic? Hint: NOWHERE. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.121  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.118    3 years ago
Some people here can't "NOT" make it personal.

Some people here post insults while hiding from the tracker. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.122  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @1.1.121    3 years ago

Yeah, you should stop doing that ...... it's Christmas ... be of good cheer

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.123  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.122    3 years ago
Yeah, you should stop doing that ......

You first. 

it's Christmas ...

Actually, that's tomorrow. 

be of good cheer

It's a little early in the day for that...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

This article is delusional. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

I can't argue with that

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

BTW guess who's guilty of human smuggling?

DeSantis says Biden flying border migrants to Florida is ‘human smuggling operation’

miiOnx1_?format=jpg&name=small

justthenews.com/government/state-houses/desantis-says-biden-sending-border-migrants-florida-human-smuggling

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago
guess who's guilty of human smuggling?

Um human smugglers and Émile Zola "j'accuse" pretenders?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

It's not only in Florida. 

Judicial Watch reported on 'teen age' immigrants being flown to multiple states. 

Here the link:

Illegal Aliens Quietly Being Relocated Throughout U.S. on Commercial Flights | Judicial Watch

Oh WAIT! That's from 2018, so the human trafficking was being perpetrated by Trump. 

Never mind. /s

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago

“Since President Biden took office – which has been less than one year – the Border Patrol has released nearly a quarter million illegal aliens into the United States,” said  Governor Ron DeSantis . “This executive order makes it clear that Florida resources will not be used to prop up the failed open border agenda enacted by this administration. Attorney General Ashley Moody has also filed a lawsuit against the Biden Administration challenging its policy of catching and releasing the staggering number of illegal aliens apprehended at the border into the United States.

“I think you have to reverse some of the policies that this administration has put in place, or some that they eliminated just because they were done by the Trump Administration, they worked,” Waltz said. “One is you have to reduce the incentives right now, everybody in South Central America knows if they can just get a toe into the United States, they’ll be processed, there’ll be taken care of sent into the interior and given a court date, 357 years from now.”

And these AREN'T from 2018

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2.2  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.1    3 years ago
" ... there’ll be taken care of sent into the interior and given a court date, 357 years from now.”

Ah yes, congressman Michael Waltz, such a fine gentleman who made $24million from the war in Afghanistan and has introduced legislation to go back in. Maybe for 357 years? /S

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.2    3 years ago

I thought Judicial Watch was verboten?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    3 years ago

It is. You are correct.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.1    3 years ago
“Since President Biden took office – which has been less than one year – the Border Patrol has released nearly a quarter million illegal aliens into the United States,” said  Governor Ron DeSantis .

And, those numbers do not include 2021's tens of thousands of "got-aways".

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.1    3 years ago
And these AREN'T from 2018

Whoosh, right over your head...

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    3 years ago

Then flag it Vic. 

Conversely, you could address the hypocrisy pointed out by my post. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.6    3 years ago

Not even close. But you hold on to that real tight now if it helps you get through your day. And if anything went over anyone's head, sadly it would have been yours. You don't see that there isn't any damned difference. But you hold on to "but Trump".

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.8    3 years ago
You don't see that there isn't any damned difference.

Since you admit that there isn't any damned difference, WTF is the point of your 'but Biden'? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.9    3 years ago

Same as your fucking "but Trump".

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.10    3 years ago

Your comments illustrate an inability to recognize the concept of hypocrisy Jim. 

If it's 'human trafficking' NOW, it was 'human trafficking' THEN. 

What y'all accepted without a peep in 2018 when Trump was doing it, is now suddenly unacceptable when Biden does it. 

It drips with hypocrisy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.2.11    3 years ago
Your comments illustrate an inability to recognize the concept of hypocrisy Jim. 

Does that concept include Hillary Clinton implying that the 2016 election was stolen from her?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @5.2.11    3 years ago
"Does that concept include Hillary Clinton implying that the 2016 election was stolen from her?"

That is only implied by those who support #45.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.14  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.12    3 years ago

How is Clinton being hypocritical Vic? 

Are you seriously making the false equivalency of Trump's reaction to losing his election and Clinton's? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.13    3 years ago

I tried to warn people... what he might do. I do think, but for Jim Comey and the stunt he pulled 10 days before the election, I would have won.....Hillary Clinton

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.2.14    3 years ago
Are you seriously making the false equivalency of Trump's reaction to losing his election and Clinton's? 

Tell us how it's a false equivalency?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.11    3 years ago

Who the fuck said I was fine with it. Your continual putting words in people's posts so that you can argue for the sake of arguing [deleted.] I wasn't fine with anyone coming across the fucking border no matter where the hell they ended up. 

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.18  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.16    3 years ago

Easy.

You are comparing Clinton's belief that the election was stolen from her (and she can point to a likely cause:  Comey) with Trump's claim that he actually won and that the electoral system of the USA was rigged.    Clinton holds her belief but conceded.   Trump never conceded and continues to push the narrative of a rigged USA system.

Further, not only did Trump never concede, but as sitting PotUS he engaged in the following attempt to overturn the results of the election using the authority of his office and against the Constitution during his two-month Big Lie campaign:

• He lied claiming that he won the election but was cheated due to fraud. 
  • He tried to suborn an unconstitutional act from his own V.P. — tried to get Pence to table counts of select states he lost to try to win through all other states. 
  • He tried to get officials to 'find votes' so that he could win states he lost (e.g. Georgia). 
  • He tried to get state legislators to override the votes in their states (e.g. Michigan) 
  • He encouraged his supporters to fight against the 'fraud' and to protest the count (after months of working them up with lies of a fraudulent election). 

The common thread is that both ostensibly believe that they should have won.   After that, the acts of Trump overshadow Clinton and any other presidential candidate in our entire history.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.19  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.15    3 years ago

Not an irrational belief, Vic.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.18    3 years ago

I don't like repeating myself

See Post 1.1.11

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.19    3 years ago

On Comey?

Comey cut both ways didn't he?

He got Hillary off on the server charges. He let her destroy evidence. And he wrongly investigated Trump.

Even on Comey, it was Trump who got the worst of it!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.22  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.20    3 years ago

Your comparison is not in the same league, see @1.1.14

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.23  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.16    3 years ago

I will answer your question AFTER you answer mine Vic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.2.23    3 years ago

Oh, I see

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.17    3 years ago
Who the fuck said I was fine with it.

That's a strawman Jim. 

NOWHERE did I say a fucking thing about you being 'fine' with anything.

Your continual putting words in people's posts so that you can argue for the sake of arguing [deleted.]

That's an ironic statement considering the FACT that YOU just tried to put words in my post that everyone can see for themselves don't exist. 

I wasn't fine with anyone coming across the fucking border no matter where the hell they ended up. 

Again, never said you were Jim. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.24    3 years ago
Oh, I see

Yet you STILL didn't answer my question, did you Vic? 

So what motivation do I have for answering yours? Hint: NONE. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.27  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.28  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.25    3 years ago
NOWHERE did I say a fucking thing about you being 'fine' with anything.

You didn't use the actual word "fine" but you did type this did you not which pretty damned firmly implies it........

What y'all accepted without a peep in 2018 when Trump was doing it

pretty damned close to fine with it in my book................FYI

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.29  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Dulay's link really shows that the the Biden Administration is taking part in human trafficking.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.30  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.28    3 years ago
You didn't use the actual word "fine" but you did type this did you not which pretty damned firmly implies it........

Thanks for the admission that YOU tried to put 'words in my post' that did not exist. I hope you recognize that doing so utterly shatters the credibility of your posts. 

Pretty sad obfuscation Jim. 

It's the height of hypocrisy to accuse ME of doing what YOU are trying to get a pass on. 

Please proceed. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.30    3 years ago
Pretty sad obfuscation Jim.  It's the height of hypocrisy to accuse ME of doing what YOU are trying to get a pass on.

Coming from you, your whole comment if funny as hell since you pull that bullshit all the time. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.32  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.31    3 years ago
Coming from you, your whole comment if funny as hell since you pull that bullshit all the time. 

By your own admission, you want a pass for doing something that you insist is abhorrent. Own it.

You've made that claim ad nauseam yet NEVER backed it up with any evidence Jim.

In fact, today is the one year anniversary of your promise to PROVE your false allegations against me in a PN. Your allegations were proven wrong then and they are wrong now. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.33  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.32    3 years ago

You MUST know that you play that semantics and ultra strict word meaning bullshit all the time to argue just to argue. And I am NOT the only one who notices that fact FFS. Own it!

And you keep track of shit like that? 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.34  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.33    3 years ago
You MUST know that you play that semantics and ultra strict word meaning bullshit all the time to argue just to argue. And I am NOT the only one who notices that fact FFS. Own it!

You're wrong Jim. 

Here, I'll just block quote what I told your earlier today:

The 'semantics' are not MINE Jim, they are universal and documented in the very dictionary that Jeremy insists be used to interpret and understand his comments. 

Here's how that dictionary defines semantics:

Essential Meaning of semantics

linguistics
1the study of the meanings of words and phrases in language
2the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context
Oh and I asked you this question 8 HOURS ago. Silence ensued...
Is it your posit that it would be better if we communicate with 'alternative' definitions that are made up as we go along? 

That sounds like anarchy Jim...

anarchy
[ˈanərkē]
NOUN: a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.
I don't 'play that semantics and ultra strict word meaning bullshit' Jim. As with most literate people, I USE semantics as a TOOL.
The ONLY reason you and yours whine ad nauseam about my use of semantics is because I DO own it, especially in comparison to many here. 
And you keep track of shit like that? 
No Jim. I was reading a PN today and noted the date of our 'discussion' and found it ironic. Sad that some don't learn from their mistakes...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.35  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.28    3 years ago

Some would rather make petty arguments over words used than the gist of said words.

Pitiful, much like the predeliction many here seem to have for putting words in others' mouths nd arguing THAT instead of what is clearly stated.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    3 years ago

These whining narratives are a cause of whiplash.  "Do what I tell you to do to protect democracy."  Say what?

The United States is predominantly white; a democratic majority.  The United States is predominantly Christian; a democratic majority.  But if we allow the white and Christian majorities a voice in government then we will lose our democracy.  Since when did a democratic majority threaten democracy?

What is always left out of the narrative is the motivation to protect institutional democracy.  They're trying to protect an autocratic bureaucracy; a technocracy.  The autocratic bureaucracy is what has euphemistically been called the Deep State; which naturally has been relegated to the status of a conspiracy theory.  All these phony democracy whines are not about allowing the people a voice in governing themselves.  Only the elite of the nuevo secular nobility has a right to govern and they govern through an autocratic bureaucracy.  Politics is just bread and circuses for the commoners.

If we want to protect our democratic republic then we need to keep people like Hillary Clinton out of government.  We don't need to regress to some form of bastardized monarchy.  We the people govern ourselves.  Let the whiners whine in their basements.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @6    3 years ago

Amen!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Nerm_L @6    3 years ago

Well said, and needs to be stated again:

If we want to protect our democratic republic then we need to keep people like Hillary Clinton out of government.  We don't need to regress to some form of bastardized monarchy.  We the people govern ourselves.  Let the whiners whine in their basements.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.3  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @6    3 years ago

What a load of crap.

And after saying all that, you would vote for trump who actually tried to steal an election...

Yeah, some priorities there...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @6.3    3 years ago

Would you vote again for the biggest incompetent SOB to ever occupy the White House Joe Biden? 

After hearing repeatedly how Trump was unfit for office; the Democrats saddle us with this POS loser.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @6.3.1    3 years ago

Biden gets a pass

Trump got all the leftist poo

Turk 182

Ender
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @6.3.1    3 years ago

If you think Biden is incompetent and donald is not, there is no point in even trying to have a conversation.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @6.3.3    3 years ago

No conversation then…

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    3 years ago

Hillary Clinton.  

The biggest threat this century to real US liberty and Bill's philandering ways ....

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @7    3 years ago

Simply more far-right wing propaganda. 

The right wing war on Hillary has never been anything but lies and innuendo.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @7.1    3 years ago

As long as she's on the Today Show setting narratives, she's fair game.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @7.1    3 years ago
The right wing war on Hillary has never been anything but lies and innuendo.

Wow. 

Reagan continues to be right.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @7.1    3 years ago

Hillary does love her workers drones ..... meanwhile she's having a tough time deciding which mansion to celebrate Christmas at this year .....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8  Jasper2529    3 years ago
Since the election, she has blamed misogyny, sexism, voter ID laws, Bernie Sanders , James Comey , Matt Lauer. No, really. Matt Lauer.

And a few dozen other things and people for her loss. Including, of course, the Russians , who along with Trump, stole the election from her. 

Stolen election talk ? That’s supposed to be a big no-no. It’s a five-year public therapy session   in broad daylight. 

As Queen Elsa once said, let it go. 

Hillary can’t do that. Whether she likes it or not, her bizarre behavior since 2016 will ultimately be her legacy. 

And a sorry one at that. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @8    3 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Is she the new narrative? Seems like the only ones who bring up Hillary Clinton are conservatives... No one else ever mentions her. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.1  Hallux  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    3 years ago

Hillary is a handy squirrel when the news for the other team sucks. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hallux @9.1    3 years ago

It’s the news for her team that truly sucks right now which is great news for America though.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    3 years ago
Is she the new narrative? Seems like the only ones who bring up Hillary Clinton are conservatives... No one else ever mentions her. 

Hmmmmm.......that must be the reason news channels are interviewing her, right? Because of right-wingers?

Never mention her? How did you manage to type that with a straight face?

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2    3 years ago

She is being interviewed for the same reasons Christie is, both have new books out. Vic rarely paints a complete picture if he sees an opportunity to skewer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @9.2.1    3 years ago
She is being interviewed for the same reasons Christie is, both have new books out.

Then that makes this rather odd:

Hillary is a handy squirrel when the news for the other team sucks. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.2.3  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.2    3 years ago
Then that makes this rather odd:

I don't see how, but do digress and try to be brief or we will land in a meta-storm of flagging and deletions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @9.2.3    3 years ago
I don't see how,

That's okay, I do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @9.2.3    3 years ago
we will land in a meta-storm of flagging and deletions.

This isn't one of those echo-chamber articles that appear regularly on certain groups with a power-mad "mod".

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.2.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.5    3 years ago

Really, this is not an echo-chamber article? @!@

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @9.2.6    3 years ago
this is not an echo-chamber article

By Jove, I think you got it now!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.3  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    3 years ago

I suppose if one conveniently ignores the fact she is on national talk shows braying about her loss, that may be true.

However, in the real world, it is a touch different.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.3    3 years ago

They completely ignore the fact that she put herself into the headlines and made herself the topic of conversation by her actions and words.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @9.3    3 years ago

Holy shit, you are still going on about this? Lol, I kinda forgot about it a couple minutes after I posted it. A few DV calls and all. But yeah, your shit is important lol, get after it!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.3.2    3 years ago

Going after the wicked witch whenever it resurfaces to sell herself to whoever will listen to her divisive words is always a great thing to do.  I’m proud to have been labeled by her as a deplorable! 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.3.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.3.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.3.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.3.4    3 years ago

[REMOVED]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Truer words were never spoken:

FGD13H3WQAYtQEV?format=jpg&name=small

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    3 years ago

Best use of the  NY Times?  

I hear it makes great bum blankets.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @10.1    3 years ago

When I look at the Times I think of what the Brits do.

They fry a fillet of Haddock along with some Potato wedges and wrap it up in the front page, then take it home and enjoy.

th?id=OIP.J1Zrr3JQJF6lnS4AjcdUUgHaEo&pid=Api&P=0&w=262&h=163

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Congressman Alan Lowenthal (CA-47) today issued the following statement to his constituents:

“Almost 30 years ago to the day, I made the decision to run for the Long Beach City Council because I felt that my councilmember didn’t listen to me or my neighbors. Every day since, over three decades of public service, I have recommitted myself to listening to you, to serving your interests, and doing my best for you."

That makes 20 congressional democrats retiring.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    3 years ago
That makes 20 congressional democrats retiring.

Still not enough!  Let’s go for 40!  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    3 years ago

And 20 steps closer to the end of American Democracy. I would ask if you honestly Trump wouldn't do it, but I know I won't get an honest answer. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @11.2    3 years ago

You really think our democracy ends every time the GOP wins control of the House of Representatives?  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.2.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]