╌>

The Winter of Illness and Death

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  96 comments

The Winter of Illness and Death
"For unvaccinated we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death if you’re unvaccinated for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they will soon overwhelm."

Thursday we got a strange pronouncement from the Oval Office. The man who once promised to defeat the pandemic said that Americans unvaccinated against the coronavirus were facing a winter of "severe illness and death." "It’s here now and it’s spreading and it’s going to increase," the president said about the omicron variant while meeting with his coronavirus response team. "For unvaccinated we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death if you’re unvaccinated for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they will soon overwhelm."

Fear not, because despite what our grand pandemic saviour says, the Boston Herald reported that Dr. Adam Koppel told the Massachusetts High Technology panel on Tuesday that if the projections are true and omicron becomes the dominant global strain, it will "enable us to more quickly get to an endemic state as opposed to a pandemic state where we can live more regularly with the virus more similar to the flu than what COVID has looked like."

The Week

After the CBO estimated the true cost of Joe Biden's BBB bill to be around $383 billion and without the faux sunsets would "increase the deficit by $3 trillion over 2022 to 2031, the House nevertheless rushed to pass the bill with Nancy Pelosi calling it "historic."  In reality the bill is essentially a far left wish list of climate and social spending boondoggles, which will certainly exacerbate inflation if passed by the Senate. It looks like that isn't going to happen anytime soon and even Joe Biden said he was willing to let it be shelved if congressional democrats could pass their "voting rights bill" instead. Again, the reality is that voters have all their voting rights. That bill would nationalize elections in the mode that Marc Elias created for the chaotic election of 2020. Fortunately for the nation, it looks like that bill isn't going anywhere either. We can finally conclude that the radical left's momentum has finally lost steam.

q0gOpSxk?format=jpg&name=small
A dejected Chuck Schumer

On Tuesday New York Times
Columnist Bret Stephens implored President Biden to not seek reelection in 2024 and announce his intentions as soon as possible so potential Democratic contenders could begin making preparations to replace him. Stephens explained:   "From some of his public appearances, Biden seems … uneven. Often cogent, but sometimes alarmingly incoherent," he wrote. "What’s the reason? I have no idea. Do his appearances (including the good ones) inspire strong confidence that the president can go the distance in his current term, to say nothing of the next? No."

At least 12 major cities, including NYC have already set historical murder records in 2021. Robberies and assaults are also on the rise, and retailers in major cities across the country are reporting an uptick in organized smash-and-grab crimes during the busy holiday shopping season. The blame rests squarely with democrats. It will be hard to fix.

Nearly a dozen witnesses have taken the stand during the first two days of testimony in the trial of former suburban Minneapolis police officer Kim Potter. But none of those witnesses may be as important as the defendant behind the trigger, who is expected to take the stand in the coming days.

Fentanyl overdoses have surged to the leading cause of death for adults between the ages of 18 and 45, according to an analysis of U.S. government data. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that can be deadly even in very small amounts, and other drugs, including heroin, meth and marijuana, can be laced with the dangerous drug. Mexico and China are the primary sources for the flow of fentanyl into the United States.

The Biden administration has lost another court battle to Texas over immigration, this time over its decision to end the Remain in Mexico program, or the Migrant Protection Protocols.

What have we learned?

We learned last week that both Adam Schiff and the useful idiot Liz Cheney fabricated evidence in the "Jan 6th investigation." We already knew that Schiff was a habitual liar, but we were told that Cheney put ethics above all else. Democrats always keep trying though. As a matter of fact the Senate parliamentarian recently struck down Democrats’ third attempt to include immigration proposals in the Build Back Better bill. They are driven by ideology and if that wasn't enough consider that a U.S. district judge on Wednesday issued a sentence against a couple who took part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot that went beyond what prosecutors recommended, giving them jail time. The Department of Justice (DOJ) had asked that Brandon Miller and his wife Stephanie Miller be sentenced to home confinement as part of a 36-month probationary period. Their crime: The Ohio couple was charged with entering the Capitol, with Brandon Miller livestreaming their actions on Facebook. Needless to say, the judge, Tanya Sue Chutkan was an Obama appointee.

Here meanwhile, we find the usual attacks on Mark Meadows and distasteful smears on the former first lady. We were subjected to a piece by the AP proclaiming that they looked at the 2020 election and found no evidence of fraud! It was like saying they looked at the Simpson case and found no evidence that OJ killed his wife and an innocent bystander because the Jury found him innocent. It's one of the great lessons of our time as taught by Hillary Clinton - NEVER LEAVE A TRACE! That is the favored battle some want to wage here. The same people who forgot that Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton questioned the elections they lost.

Cartoon of the week:

cartoon.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable mention:

The Fox Corporation: FOX Corporation announced Thursday it would donate $1 million to the American Red Cross in support of relief efforts following deadly tornadoes in the South and Midwest that left a trail of devastation to affected families and communities.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Biden has yet to tell us of his secret plan to shut down the pandemic.

cNodp2IO?format=jpg&name=small

How long can he last?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

There is no secret plan, the fracking morons that don't get the vaccine are the cause of the ongoing pandemic and the new variants. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

How does that jive with the known results in Florida? it was one of the leading states for infection and death, the governor eliminated all mandates, and a few months later Florida leads the nation in being covid free?

The reality doesn't meet the claims from the mandate side....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

Oh, it's their fault.

Then the dems should be all set come election time.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    3 years ago

If you choose to ignore facts and the stupidity of millions of Americans you're part of the problem.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.1    3 years ago

We are talking about the vaccine and those that don't get vaccine are the problem. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  JBB  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.1    3 years ago

Not True! Covid is currently surging in Florida!

Cases have quadrupled in just the last days...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    3 years ago

Here is a few facts for ya: US Coronavirus deaths have reached 803,652.

“I’m going to shut down the virus, not the country,” said President Joe Biden during his presidential campaign in October 2020.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    3 years ago

Link?? Never mind. It is triple the cases.

Some people should REALLY research prior to typing bullshit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    3 years ago

Princeton, Cornell, NYU, and George Washington University cancel all events and move their exams online. Vaccines and masks have long been mandatory at all four of these universities.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

That is just a ridiculous supposition with breakthrough infections becoming more and more common.   One study shows them as high as 1 in 100

Also, blaming only people who may have valid reasons for not getting vaccinated is not helpful.      Just be thankful you don't have one of those reasons to not get vaccinated so people like you, who blame people like that, don't blame YOU for the entire problem.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago

Here is a fact for you, 28% of the US population isn't vaccinated. DUH.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.10    3 years ago

And how many of the 28% have already had covid?  You're link doesn't say. DUH.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.9    3 years ago

I'm well aware of the breakthrough infections, very familiar. I'm not blaming people that have legitimate medical reasons for not getting the vaccine, I am calling out those that choose not to get the vaccine for whatever wild reason they choose. 

Don't make assumptions about what I'm saying or what I've experienced.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    3 years ago

Can you imagine what the lefts outrage would be over that if Trump were still President?   They would be going ape-shit.

But with Biden it's just bow to their masters and blame the unvaccinated.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.13    3 years ago

Like most presidents he got the blame for whatever happened. Evidently it doesn't work that way for Biden,

but

what I really want to know, since we are looking up facts, is how many of the 28% have already had covid?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.12    3 years ago

I made no assumptions.   It was your comment.   Your comment blamed ALL unvaccinated people.   You made no exception.   So if you and yours have experienced breakthrough infection as you appear to be implying, you should understand how statements like that are not helpful.

Not helpful in the least.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    3 years ago
what I really want to know, since we are looking up facts, is how many of the 28% have already had covid?

Doubtful that we will ever see numbers like that.   Too many powerful people with a vested interest in not having numbers like that disclosed.

I'd like to see how many people get infected from already vaccinated people who are infected via a breakthrough infection.   Again, doubtful we will ever see data like that.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.15    3 years ago

You, making assumptions isn't helpful. You should understand that, or perhaps not.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.17    3 years ago

Lol ... that's the best you got?   Again, as noted, no assumptions were made on my part .....

Weak, very very weak!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.15    3 years ago

You see Sparty, the reason I'm not getting an answer on how many of the 28% have already had covid is because one can't just google it. The CDC never bothered to find out and never mentions it. Having covid = natural immunity. I'll guessing that many of the 28% have had it. That would put the country in good shape. The next question would be why are we still seeing cases?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.16    3 years ago
Too many powerful people with a vested interest in not having numbers like that disclosed.

My God, do you mean there is politics in this?

What of the data?

the science?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.20    3 years ago

I know .... it's FUBAR.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    3 years ago

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.23  Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika @1.1.4    3 years ago

Well that may be true, but many people think as Gov Polis of Colorado does...

Interview: Gov. Polis leaves mask mandates to local officials, says the state shouldn’t ‘tell people what to wear’

Gov. Jared Polis: Our top goal is always to follow the science, and there was a time when there was no vaccine, and masks were all we had and we needed to wear them. The truth is we now have highly effective vaccines that work far better than masks. If you wear a mask, it does decrease your risk of getting COVID, and that's a good thing to do indoors around others, but if you get COVID and you are still unvaccinated, the case is just as bad as if you were not wearing a mask. Everybody had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated. Hopefully it's been at your pharmacy, your grocery store, a bus near you, [or at] big events. At this point, if you haven't been vaccinated, it's really your own darn fault.

He goes on to say...

Gov. Polis: We see it as the end of the medical emergency. Frankly, people who want to be protected [have gotten vaccinated]. Those who get sick, it's almost entirely their own darn fault.

Why shouldn't people be held to their own choices? responsible for their own actions? why do the rest of us who have been responsible be punished by those that aren't?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.21    3 years ago

Basically, I think Americans have already learned to live with covid. As I pointed out in the article above Dr. Adam Koppel seems to think that as the omicron variant becomes the dominant global strain, it will "enable us to more quickly get to an endemic state as opposed to a pandemic state where we can live more regularly with the virus more similar to the flu than what COVID has looked like."

As for Joe Biden, it's his fellow democrats who will find a way to make him a one term president.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.22    3 years ago

I didn't ask for a definition of natural immunity. I asked how many of the 28% have had it.

I guess this is that rare case when Google can't help.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.23    3 years ago
Why shouldn't people be held to their own choices? responsible for their own actions? why do the rest of us who have been responsible be punished by those that aren't.

What does any of this have to do with mandates in Florida which were your original comment?

If you've been vaccinated then you aren't being punished except by those that choose not to be vaccinated. To be clear those that have medical exemption are not included in the ''choose not to be'' category.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.27  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    3 years ago

Does not alter fact Covid is surging in Florida! 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.28  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.7    3 years ago

Do you understand Covid is surging in Florida?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.25    3 years ago

Vic, you can throw up strawmen all day long, the fact of the matter is that a very large % of our population hasn't been vaccinated. Simple as that.

What the link is telling you is that even if you've had covid it's recommended that you get the vaccine. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.30  Nowhere Man  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    3 years ago

The reported rate of infection has risen a bit, the rates of hospitalization and deaths hasn't

Are Florida’s latest COVID numbers less concerning than rest of the nation?

“Almost all the people dying are now dying preventable deaths,” said Dr. Chris Beyrer, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. “And that’s because they’re not immunized. And you know that, God, it’s a terrible tragedy.”

And now as omicron -- a new variant -- gains traction, experts recommend that those eligible for a booster shot secure one to ramp up their immunity and once again play a role in helping curb anticipated community spread.

“I think it is important to do as much as we can to stop the spread of the variant,” Salemi said.

A spokesperson for Memorial Regional said there has not been an uptick in COVID admissions, “yet rate of positivity in ER and Urgent Cares has seen an uptick.”

Health officials at Jackson also said they have not seen an increase in COVID-related hospitalizations post-Thanksgiving -- a glimmer of good news as we look ahead again at a new year.

The media in Miami Dade County are saying different...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @1.1.26    3 years ago

I gotta ask ............AGAIN. If you are vaccinated WTH do you care about those who aren't? Unless you have people who CAN'T get vaccinated in your circle of life.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1.1.28    3 years ago
Do you understand Covid is surging in Florida?

Yep. Sure do. And?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.29    3 years ago

I work for a hospitalist - and he said that Co-Vid is going up - and up and up - and that if I haven't already, I should get my booster.  I got my booster last Friday.

It's the unvaccinated ignorant assholes who are spreading this.  

Everyone should care that everyone gets vaccinated.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.29    3 years ago
Vic, you can throw up strawmen all day long, the fact of the matter is that a very large % of our population hasn't been vaccinated. Simple as that.

That's not a strawman argument. You were the one who posted the fact that 28% of the population were unvaccinated. A vital question that needs to be answered is how many of those already had covid. That would give us a true number. The problem is that the CDC has never done a good job with any of this, especially when it comes to finding out how many of that 28% have actually had covid.

I guess the idea of vaccinating 100% of the population was a tall order.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.10    3 years ago
"Here is a fact for you, 28% of the US population isn't vaccinated. DUH."

The majority of which support #45 and are republicans or alleged conservatives.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.36  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    3 years ago

'Member me telling you 'bout my neighbor who caught the COVID?  Well, he and his family still won't get vaccinated and he hasn't been out of the house in two months 'cause he has the COVID pneumonia.  The family goes 'bout their business but wear masks as soon as they walk out the door.  Six months of being locked up because he refuses to get vaccinated - pure BS.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.37  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.31    3 years ago

The unvaccinated are the lefts COVID boogeymen.

They have to have something to blame other than their masters ineptitude

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.31    3 years ago
I gotta ask ............AGAIN. If you are vaccinated WTH do you care about those who aren't? Unless you have people who CAN'T get vaccinated in your circle of life.

Not only because it endangers many in the US but BECAUSE I HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS THAT ARE PUT IN GREAT DANGER BECAUSE OF THE FUCKERS THAT REFUSE TO GET THE VACCINE. 

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago
"There is no secret plan, the fracking morons that don't get the vaccine are the cause of the ongoing pandemic and the new variants."

Yes, they are.  The majority of who are republicans/alleged conservatives.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.40  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.33    3 years ago
Everyone should care that everyone gets vaccinated.  

Then I guess Biden & Harris shouldn't have questioned the vaccine during the 2020 campaign.

Maybe it's Karma!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @1.1.38    3 years ago

Great danger how so may I ask?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.42  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.36    3 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does, 1st. We see it all the time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.43  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.39    3 years ago
The majority of who are republicans/alleged conservatives.  

Prove It!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.1.27    3 years ago
Does not alter fact Covid is surging in Florida! 

You brought Florida into this out of nowhere. Florida's rates have been up and down just like everywhere else. The only time we hear about Florida is when the case numbers rise. I assume that's because of politics, right?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.45  Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika @1.1.26    3 years ago
What does any of this have to do with mandates in Florida which were your original comment? If you've been vaccinated then you aren't being punished except by those that choose not to be vaccinated. To be clear those that have medical exemption are not included in the ''choose not to be'' category.

In the State of Washington, the only state I know directly, they hate the medical exemption, the second round of mandates didn't include one until the public reaction began to go public, the vax or get fired mandate included one but virtually every single exemption was denied... (no matter what the doctors said) And one of those officers suffers from the same situation your family members do, he gets the vax he dies... He was fired anyway...

The point being people are beginning to look at the science, the actual data mind you, and are beginning to not be swayed by emotional political reaction... They are responding sensibly and putting responsibility where it belongs... Which does not bode well for the political hype...

Now my situation? neither the wife an I have worn masks, ever. Yes, we have written medical exemptions, we have both had our shots and are scheduled for the booster... Our medical providers are telling us that they can't wait until the political insanity is over and they can get back to doing their jobs sanely... Of course they have to be careful cause if the government gets wind of them spreading "covid misinformation" anything other than the government approved spiel, they face medical disciplinary boards...

That is what finally broke the medical providers away from the government run hysteria campaign...

When the government has to force doctors to say what they want them to to push an agenda, you know your being lied to...

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.41    3 years ago

Great danger since they are anaphylaxis which means they cannot take the vaccine. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @1.1.46    3 years ago

Thank you for sharing. Now I understand your stance better. And sorry about that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.48  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.36    3 years ago

Nobody is defending people deciding to not get vaccinated. I originally liked the idea of a vaccine mandate. When this country was less divided and less suspicious of government, it might have worked. There may even be legal problems with it as we are seeing now with the Courts. The question underlying this entire conversation began with who ends up with the blame for failing to keep a campaign promise?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.49  Sparty On  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.45    3 years ago
Now my situation? neither the wife an I have worn masks, ever.

That must be fun in public in these times.   What's your worst KPO rate?

Karens per outing.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.50  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.49    3 years ago

At the start with the first mask mandates it was 2-3 per trip, most were polite about it and when informed I had an exemption they were cool...

The business on the other hand, I've been refused service several times... When the government came out with L&I sending inspectors to catch business serving unmasked people is when it got real bad... Since then business's have been cool about it, they pay lip service to the government and get on about their business.. The point being the individuals know it's all political hype at this point, they put up the signs they execute the policies but it is not their job to be the governments secret police force...

The individual people know what is going on... And most of them laugh about it now and wonder when it's going to be over..

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.51  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    3 years ago
And how many of the 28% have already had covid? 

Stop with the medical facts, Vic. You already know that the Biden Administration and CDC don't follow scientific data.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.51    3 years ago

What medical facts?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.53  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.52    3 years ago
What medical facts?

It's called natural immunity. You can read about it in the following NIH and Johns Hopkins medical articles if you wish:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.54  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.51    3 years ago

You mean that ever elusive "data?"

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.55  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.54    3 years ago

Yep. The kind that I found in less than 5 minutes and posted in comment 1.1.53

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.56  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.54    3 years ago
You mean that ever elusive "data?"

Data is only useful to those who actually read it and use it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.57  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.55    3 years ago
p. The kind that I found in less than 5 minutes and posted in comment 1.1.53

Apparently, Google doesn't work the same for everyone!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.58  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.55    3 years ago

It's powerful stuff. Let's see if there is a response?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.59  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.56    3 years ago

Reading is essential.

506322d5eab8ead843000008?width=300&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.60  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.58    3 years ago
It's powerful stuff. Let's see if there is a response?

Cumon Brother, you know they hate facts... {chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.61  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.60    3 years ago

What facts brother?  {chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.62  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.53    3 years ago

What medical facts or facts have ever been provided here?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.63  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.60    3 years ago

I'm not sure how people feel about that, but as I look around this morning I recall what I used to tell employees looking for promotion at a certain supermarket chain. Some actually got to be so good at what they did, they thought they had more influence than they actually had. A few even made ultimatums!  I would always tell them "the minute you think you are indispensable, you just became expendable."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.64  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.55    3 years ago

I'm not the topic of this 'article' as so many seem to think and respond

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.65  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.61    3 years ago
What facts brother?  {chuckle}

As I told you before {chuckle} 

Imitation {chuckle} is the SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY!!! {chuckle}

Thank you very very much! It pleases me to no end to see you like it and are using it {chuckle} And everyone else can see it as well {chuckle}

I guess I have gained an admirer... {chuckle}

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.66  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.53    3 years ago
You can read about it

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.67  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.63    3 years ago
I would always tell them "the minute you think you are indispensable, you just became expendable."

Amen my friend, Amen...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.68  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.62    3 years ago
What medical facts or facts have ever been provided here?

I gave you the medical facts pertaining to the discussion about natural immunity in comment 1.1.53 . I hope you'll take a few moments to read the NIH and Johns Hopkins articles.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.69  Texan1211  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.65    3 years ago

A fan club of your own!!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.70  Nowhere Man  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.69    3 years ago
A fan club of your own!!

Yeah, not worried about it....

[removed]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.71  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.70    3 years ago

That's weird. I thought the author was the arbiter of off topic and no value...................hmmmmm

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.72  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.71    3 years ago

I should delete that comment for meta, but then I would not be able to remind all of you that members are always off topic. Carry on.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.73  Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.72    3 years ago
I would not be able to remind all of you that members are always off topic. Carry on.

Yes Mam... I know that last part was a bit over the top, but if she starts again I'll just tell her to stop chucking them... Fair enough?

{chuckle}

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Biden's uninformed negative fear mongering is not working. The death rate from Omicron appears to be very low.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

Have you ever heard the phrase "a blessing in disguise?"

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

As are serious hospitalizations at least in South Africa at this point from what I understand

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

From what I've read, people are confusing the Delta and Omicron variants. The current hospitalizations and deaths are primarily from Delta, and they've occurred in both vaccinated (and boosted) and unvaccinated people.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.3.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    3 years ago

Omicron is three times more viral, (easy to spread) than any other variant currently know, on the flip side it is also the weakest variant as far as causing sickness... You notice that the government talking heads have stopped delineating between the two in their reports of surges? They are using Omicron infection reports to pump the numbers when they know that Omicron will seldom result in a hospitalization... It's why they are going on and on about the surge is up, but everyone paying attention knows that hospitalizations are leveled off and deaths are down...

It's all part of the fraud that is government Covid reporting..

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.3.1    3 years ago

Bingo

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.3.1    3 years ago
They are using Omicron infection reports to pump the numbers when they know that Omicron will seldom result in a hospitalization... It's why they are going on and on about the surge is up, but everyone paying attention knows that hospitalizations are leveled off and deaths are down... It's all part of the fraud that is government Covid reporting..

Yes. It's the government's and MSM's way to control through fear.

After two years of scientific information from many doctors (some better than others), one would think that by now, people would have learned that the number of cases isn't the most important number and that natural immunity, therapeutics, and monoclonal antibodies are important parts of treatment decisions. Compared to December 2019, we have so much more resources and medical data today.

The federal and (many) state governments, Big Tech, and MSM have proven that they solely focus on vaccinations and boosters. I wonder how much of a $$ kickback they get from Pharma for misleading the public. It seems that the return of lockdowns and mask mandates are on the horizon, even though they've been proven to not "stop the spread".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Border officials project that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrants have escaped into the U.S. unpursued under Biden.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Marines kick out more than 100 for refusing COVID-19 vaccine http:// hill.cm/G5Zzmb0

FG0o5BFWYAI1TJ3?format=jpg&name=small

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

Glad i'm not serving anymore but that said

Like it or not it's always been the needs of the Corps outweigh the needs of any individual Marine.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

I don’t understand it, though. If you’re a Marine, you’ve been vaccinated for lots of other stuff. What’s special about this one?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @4.2    3 years ago

I was thinking along the same lines.  In my 26 years, we've taken so many vaccinations that I honestly lost count how many were even less tested than the Covid Vaccination being administered today.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @4.2    3 years ago

I'd say the only thing different about it is that the military is one place that the president can order a vaccine mandate without any pushback.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.2    3 years ago

That makes it no different than any of the other vaccinations required by the military.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Potter just said that she would not have stopped the vehicle on the tags being expired. She referred to the search on the vehicle license showed a "petty crime" warrant.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

Negligence yes, Criminal negligence no. IMO.

This one will be a close call. They didn't overcharge here.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  Jasper2529    3 years ago
Thursday we got a strange pronouncement from the Oval Office. The man who once promised to defeat the pandemic said that Americans unvaccinated against the coronavirus were facing a winter of "severe illness and death." 

We've endured a tremendous amount of illness and death during Biden's first year, but it's not necessarily from the unvaccinated. Biden's and others' unnecessary mandates/lockdowns play a big part in children's, teens', and adults' mental illnesses (depression, isolation, drug use, suicide). Oh, wait ... mental illness doesn't fit the narrative! 

During the last presidential debate in October 2020 when there weren't any Covid vaccines available, Biden foreboded ...

We're about to go into a dark winter. 

And yet, in December 2021, with a year's access to three successful vaccines and proven therapeutics, a lot more scientific data at his fingertips, he has more Covid deaths on his watch than the previous administration.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"The greatest Democratic President of the 20th century, Franklin D Roosevelt asserted in a depression “we have nothing to fear but fear itself”. Biden warning of a “winter of severe illness and death” tells you how much the Democrats have decayed since Roosevelt."....Newt Gingrich

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    3 years ago

Newt was an ass, but at least he wasn't a stupid ass....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1    3 years ago

I should enclose the Christmas card to all Americans:

KTne4WoF?format=jpg&name=small

Don't forget: We reached independence from covid-19 in July!

A lot of you voted for it. Merry Christmas.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

DOJ abandons talks to give illegal migrants hundreds of thousands of dollars over separation rules | Just The News

5ismUYHl?format=jpg&name=small

And the ACLU is going nuts!