╌>

It's insurrection day!

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  116 comments

It's insurrection day!
Pelosi took what she admitted was an “unprecedented” step of refusing the appointments made by Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, barring Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, from participation. In a fiery denunciation of Pelosi’s politicization of the committee, McCarthy, R-Calif., publicly announced Banks would lead Republicans’ investigation despite Pelosi blowing up the committee.

It's finally here! This is what the democrats have been promoting - it's the one year anniversary of what they call "the insurrection."  All their political hopes for the future rest on politicizing a single protest. It needs to be memorialized. Maybe they'll bulldoze the Washington Monument and erect a memorial to the cop who shot Ashli Babbitt?

We all know about the Jan 6th partisan committee. That's the one Nancy Pelosi created, defying all norms, to staff it with Trump hating tools. The committee has subpoenaed just about everyone in the Trump administration and his children! The committee has also presented some non-facts as well as withheld some real facts:

"The leading Republican tasked with his party’s investigation into the preparedness and response of the U.S. Capitol Police and other law enforcement agencies to the Capitol riot on January 6 is being blocked by President Joseph Biden’s FBI from gathering information, a new document reveals.

The FBI told Indiana Republican Rep. Jim Banks it would not provide Republicans the same information provided to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s hand-picked committee consisting only of Democrat-appointed members.

“We respectfully refer you to the Select Committee regarding issues of access to records and information,” the agency wrote in response to a Republican request for information, referring to the official House panel established by the speaker.

Pelosi took what she admitted was an “unprecedented” step of refusing the appointments made by Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy,  barring  Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, from participation. In a fiery denunciation of Pelosi’s politicization of the committee, McCarthy, R-Calif., publicly announced Banks would lead Republicans’ investigation despite Pelosi blowing up the committee.

On September 3, Banks asked FBI Director Christopher Wray to give Republican lawmakers the same briefing offered to the Democrats on the progress of the agency’s own investigation. Partial findings of the FBI’s independent investigation were leaked to  Reuters  in August, which found “scant evidence” the Capitol riot was “an organized plot to overturn the president election result.” Wray has not responded to the request.

“Pursuant to the rules of the House of Representatives, the minority party in Congress retains the rights to the same information that is provided to the majority party,” Banks wrote in another letter to Wray on Sept. 16, which was also sent to  several other  federal agencies such as the Interior Department. “I ask that you provide me any information that is submitted to the Select Committee.” His requests have been met with radio silence across the Biden administration.
Prominent anti-Trump activists Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill, are both Democrat-appointed members of Pelosi’s Select Committee. Because House rules dictate that ranking members must be appointed by the minority party, Democrat-appointed Cheney serves only as vice-chair. In the case of the House Committee on Jan. 6., Pelosi blocked minority party participation for the first time in House history to pursue a preferred political narrative."

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/27/exclusive-biden-fbi-joins-pelosi-in-blocking-gop-from-investigating-january-6/

Today we will hear from the president as we did from his currently beleaguered AG. You see democrats want Garland to do more. Donald Trump may run again and right now just about anyone could beat Joe Biden. He better come up with something!

"For months, Garland has faced criticism that the Justice Department has so far only prosecuted the proverbial low-hanging fruit — the members of the violent mob that stormed the Capitol on January 6 — without going after former President Donald Trump and his inner circle.

On the eve of the first anniversary of January 6, Garland met that frustration head-on, legal experts said. Without naming Trump, Garland urged patience and said the Justice Department "remains committed to holding all January 6th perpetrators, at any level, accountable under law — whether they were present that day or were otherwise criminally responsible for the assault on our democracy."

"We will follow the facts wherever they lead," Garland said.

https://news.yahoo.com/merrick-garlands-speech-eve-january-223745799.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I can't wait to hear what the president says. Two days ago he told us that 2020 should be a better year.

Enjoy our new holiday

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Maybe they'll have fireworks to get our attention.

As if we could forget all they did in 2021.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

So do we send cake?  It is after all a year old now...

(yes, I'm an evil bastard)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @1.1    2 years ago

I think we only need to place blame on the man they don't want elected again. Isn't that the idea?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Exactly the idea. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.2    2 years ago

The funny part is that Pelosi & co think the American people can't see it!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Snuffy @1.1    2 years ago

24/7/365 - they keep him there so there he'll always be.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
The committee has subpoenaed just about everyone in the Trump administration and his children!

False Vic. 

BTW, you really should delineate YOUR statements from linked block quotes. I need to know who stated specific bullshit. 

2 statements from Hemingway: 

Oct. 2020

Pelosi took what she admitted was an “unprecedented” step of refusing the appointments made by Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy,  barring  Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, from participation.

Jan. 2022

Pelosi's fatal error, however, was blowing up her own committee by taking what she herself admitted was the "unprecedented" step of removing the Republican ranking member and another top member from it .

Hemingway seems to have decided that ' refusing the appointments'  wasn't enough red meat for her readers so she embellished later Op/Ed stating that Pelosi took the ' step of removing the Republican ' members. 

Hemingway is a hack, using her as a source shows a lack of credibility.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2    2 years ago
BTW, you really should delineate YOUR statements from linked block quotes. I need to know who stated specific bullshit. 

LMAO! That's priceless!

Hemingway seems to have decided that ' refusing the appointments'  wasn't enough red meat for her readers so she embellished later Op/Ed stating that Pelosi took the ' step of removing the Republican ' members. 

And you are claiming that Pelosi didn't do that?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @1.2    2 years ago

Let’s go Brandon!  Trump for President 2024!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago
LMAO! That's priceless!

Thanks. 

And you are claiming that Pelosi didn't do that?

My comment isn't about Pelosi. It's about Hemingway's bullshit and YES, she did that...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.2    2 years ago

Your comments are boring. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.3    2 years ago
and YES, she did that...

Ahh...Finally we all agree.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.5    2 years ago

Wow Vic. Do you really think that the juvenile practice of truncating my comment to pretend that it bolsters your posit is worthy of this forum? I for one do NOT. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.6    2 years ago

Oh, you weren't admitting that Pelosi removed & refused Republican members?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    2 years ago

He's pretending there's a meaningful distinction between the two statements to avoid the substantive reality.

Same shit/different day. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    2 years ago
Oh, you weren't admitting that Pelosi removed & refused Republican members?

NO. 

As I stated, Pelosi refused to seat Banks and Jordan. She did NOT 'remove' them because they were NEVER seated on the Select Committee in the first fucking place. 

BTFW, if you insist on claiming that Pelosi 'removed' Banks and Jordan, then you have to admit that it was McCarthy who 'removed' Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas. Where is your outrage for that? 

Now are YOU admitting that Hemingway lied yet Vic? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    2 years ago

I'm still trying to find out where the bullshit is?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    2 years ago
He's pretending there's a meaningful distinction between the two statements to avoid the substantive reality.

If there is no meaningful distinction, why'd Hemingway change it? 

Oh and HOW can a member be 'removed' from something they were never a part of? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.9    2 years ago
As I stated, Pelosi refused to seat Banks and Jordan. She did NOT 'remove' them because they were NEVER seated on the Select Committee in the first fucking place. 

You want to say she refused to seat them.  So under Pelosi, the minority party no longer has the right to seat it's own members on the committee. Can you admit to that much?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.10    2 years ago

Right here:

In the case of the House Committee on Jan. 6., Pelosi blocked minority party participation for the first time in House history to pursue a preferred political narrative.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.9    2 years ago
BTFW, if you insist on claiming that Pelosi 'removed' Banks and Jordan, then you have to admit that it was McCarthy who 'removed' Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas. Where is your outrage for that? 

Please explain

Or are you somehow equating the minority placing/removing members with the opposing party doing it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.13    2 years ago

That is obviously the truth. You haven't laid a glove on that!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.12    2 years ago
You want to say she refused to seat them. 

I merely repeated Hemingway's FIRST version of the events. 

So under Pelosi, the minority party no longer has the right to seat it's own members on the committee. Can you admit to that much?

Again, NO. READ the fucking Resolution Vic. It may behoove you to review prior Resolutions that created Select Committees too.

Let's compare apples and apples shall we? 

Under Pelosi:

H.Res.503 - Establishing the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.

The Speaker shall appoint 13 Members to the Select Committee, 5 of whom shall be appointed after consultation with the minority leader.

Under Boehner:

H.Res.567 - Providing for the Establishment of the Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi.

The Speaker shall appoint 12 Members to the Select Committee, five of whom shall be appointed after consultation with the minority leader.

So, minority 'rights' are EXACTLY the same Vic. 

FAIL!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    2 years ago

He keeps spamming that ignorant comment everywhere.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.14    2 years ago
Or are you somehow equating the minority placing/removing members with the opposing party doing it?

Actually, I am trying to see if YOU can recognize that they should be equated. 

If you insist that Pelosi 'removed' members, you must recognize that McCarthy 'removed' members. To do otherwise would be hypocritical. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.19  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @1.2.9    2 years ago

You are too funny. It is all or nothing. Pelosi doesn't get to choose who the Republicans sit on the committee. Once she rejected the top two the rest were automatically null and void. The fact she hand picked two Republican lap dogs she knew were as TDS driven as she is further proves the committee is nothing more than a Democrat lynch mob.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.20  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.15    2 years ago

No it isn't Vic. The obvious truth is that McCarthy 'blocked' the participation of his own nominees.

The FACT that Pelosi actually seated minority members makes that statement bullshit. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.16    2 years ago

Except that Boehner let the minority seat it's own members and Pelosi did not, right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.20    2 years ago
No it isn't Vic. The obvious truth is that McCarthy 'blocked' the participation of his own nominees. The FACT that Pelosi actually seated minority members makes that statement bullshit. 

And you don't understand the difference between the minority leader deciding who represents the minority and the majority leader deciding for the minority???

That's quite a sense of fair play you have.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.18    2 years ago
If you insist that Pelosi 'removed' members, you must recognize that McCarthy 'removed' members. To do otherwise would be hypocritical. 

There is a distinction. So as not to repeat myself, see post 1.2.22

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.24  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.19    2 years ago
You are too funny. It is all or nothing.

That was McCarthy's call. Don't blame Pelosi for McCarthy's actions. 

Pelosi doesn't get to choose who the Republicans sit on the committee.

Actually, she does. READ the Resolution. 

Once she rejected the top two the rest were automatically null and void.

How did you come up with that unfounded conclusion? 

The fact she hand picked two Republican lap dogs she knew were as TDS driven as she is further proves the committee is nothing more than a Democrat lynch mob.

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.21    2 years ago
Except that Boehner let the minority seat it's own members and Pelosi did not, right?

No again.

BOTH accepted nominations to the Select Committee and BOTH had the right to reject members that were not appropriate.

There is NO argument for allowing Jordan, a fact witness, to be seated on the Select Committee.

Banks blamed the 'Biden Administration' for Jan. 6th. He said that shit out loud and should be required to have a psych check since he seems to be utterly out of touch with reality. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.25    2 years ago
BOTH accepted nominations to the Select Committee and BOTH had the right to reject members that were not appropriate.

Who did Boehner reject?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.27  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.22    2 years ago
And you don't understand the difference between the minority leader deciding who represents the minority and the majority leader deciding for the minority???

Yes I do.

I also understand that once McCarthy's fee fees got hurt and he took his ball and went home, Pelosi chose to seat Republicans to the committee, despite McCarthy's actions. 

I find it ironic that BOTH Cheney and Kinzinger have voted over 90% WITH Trump yet you and yours do nothing but try to discredit them. That's quite a sense of fair play y'all have.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.28  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.26    2 years ago
Who did Boehner reject?

That's deflective. You stated:

So under Pelosi, the minority party no longer has the right to seat it's own members on the committee.

I proved that to be false. The minority party have had the same rights under Pelosi and Boehner.

HOW the Minority leader uses those rights is the 'distinction' here Vic.

BTFW, I see that you avoided addressing the fact that Jordan is a fact witness and Banks is delusional. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.27    2 years ago
I also understand that once McCarthy's fee fees got hurt and he took his ball and went home, Pelosi chose to seat Republicans to the committee, despite McCarthy's actions. 

She seated partisans and that's going to bite democrats in the ass.

I find it ironic that BOTH Cheney and Kinzinger have voted over 90% WITH Trump yet you and yours do nothing but try to discredit them. 

They voted for Trump policies.

That's quite a sense of fair play y'all have.

Far superior to yours, as you've proven.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.30  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.28    2 years ago
That's deflective. You stated:

No, it's right on topic. You compared Pelosi to Boehner. Boehner respected the minority and let them choose who would represent them. Pelosi broke the norm of decency and picked for majority and minority.

I proved that to be false. The minority party have had the same rights under Pelosi and Boehner.

All you proved is how low Pelosi can stoop.

HOW the Minority leader uses those rights is the 'distinction' here Vic.

SETTING standards is the problem here Dulay. You won't like the way McCarthy reacts next year. He too will be able to say "the rules don't prevent me from treating the minority as subjects without any rights."

BTFW, I see that you avoided addressing the fact that Jordan is a fact witness and Banks is delusional.

When did Jordan get a subpoena?  When was the committee selected?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.31  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.29    2 years ago
She seated partisans and that's going to bite democrats in the ass.
They voted for Trump policies.

They ARE 'partisans', they're REPUBLICANS who voted with Trump over 90% of the time.

Your issue is that they both have the gonads to stand up to Trump's Big Lie.

You and yours cause the GOP to be FUBAR. 

Far superior to yours, as you've proven.

Facts are only unfair to those who avoid them. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.32  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.31    2 years ago
They ARE 'partisans', they're REPUBLICANS who voted with Trump over 90% of the time.

They voted on policy. THEY HATE TRUMP!

Your issue is that they both have the gonads to stand up to Trump's Big Lie.

You and yours cause the GOP to be FUBAR. 

Don't look now, but you are losing the argument.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.33  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.30    2 years ago
You won't like the way McCarthy reacts next year. He too will be able to say "the rules don't prevent me from treating the minority as subjects without any rights."

At least we know who won't be able to complain if McCarthy next year by-passes the Judiciary committee, sets up his own committee and staffs it with his own picks to investigate an impeachment of Biden.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.34  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.32    2 years ago
They voted on policy. THEY HATE TRUMP!

So what Vic? 

Don't look now, but you are losing the argument.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.33    2 years ago

So, all this fake outrage alleging that Pelosi didn't follow the House rules is bullshit since IOKIYAR. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.36  TᵢG  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    2 years ago

... and witless platitudes with no purpose other than to troll.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

stg010422dAPR20220104024511.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    2 years ago

Cartoon today I saw in the paper:

If CNN lost the rest of their anchors, they can always just play the repeats of January 6 coverage and no one will ever know!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan,

Jordan was born and raised in Champaign County, Ohio , the son of Shirley and John Jordan. [1] He attended and wrestled for Graham High School , graduating in 1982. [2] He won state championships all four years he was in high school and compiled a 156–1 win-loss record. [3] He then enrolled at the University of Wisconsin–Madison , where he became a two-time NCAA Division I wrestling champion . [4] Jordan won the 1985 and 1986 NCAA championship matches in the 134-pound (61 kg) weight class. [5] [6] He graduated with a bachelor's degree in economics in 1986. He lost the 126–137-pound (57–62 kg) featherweight semifinal match at the 1988 US Olympic wrestling trials and failed to make the Olympic team.

Jordan earned a master's degree in education from Ohio State University and a Juris Doctor from the Capital University Law School . [7] In a 2018 interview, Jordan said he never took the bar examination. [8]

No mention of Jordan's "military career" anywhere in this wiki entry...but I will keep digging

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    2 years ago

What about jim banks?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 years ago

Ah! I see. The paragraph is poorly written. It's the opening quotation in the seed and it's misleading. It seems to be saying "Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan" like it's all one person.

I have problems with poorly written English. That paragraph suggests that Jim Jordan is some war hero when in fact he was busy diddling boys in wrestling programs

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 years ago

Did they make military service a qualification for political office?

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.3  squiggy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    2 years ago
but I will keep digging

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif     I would just quit.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  squiggy @2.1.3    2 years ago

Already did. Thanks for the advice. But continue to not read any more of my comments and come to the conclusion that I fucked up. Thank you for your time

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    2 years ago
The paragraph is poorly written. I

No, it's not.  It was poorly read.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.5    2 years ago
No, it's not.  It was poorly read.

Punctuation is an important part of the English language.  The lack of proper punctuation, and poor sentence structure, is what caused the misunderstanding.

barring Navy officer and Afghanistan veteran Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.6    2 years ago

The and is what distinguishes the two, lest we start writing like children.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.6    2 years ago

There's nothing wrong with the way that's written. It's clearly describing two different people.  Do you not see the AND between "Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member?"

If you read that and think it's calling Jordan an Afghan vet, the problem is with you. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago
The and is what distinguishes the two, lest we start writing like children.

I can't believe this is a debate. But then I would just admit I misread something. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.9    2 years ago

Isn't it odd that the premise of the article always seems to get lost?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.8    2 years ago
There's nothing wrong with the way that's written. It's clearly describing two different people.  Do you not see the AND between "Banks and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member?"

Wow, you guys seem to take this personally.

I never said the wording was wrong, I simply said it was poor sentence structure.  That is what lead to multiple people misunderstanding it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.11    2 years ago

And he didn't say you said the wording was wrong. Better read it again.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.12    2 years ago
And he didn't say you said the wording was wrong. Better read it again.

Actually I suggest you read his reply again.

What do you think,

There's nothing wrong with the way that's written.

indicates?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.13    2 years ago

The way it's written. Nothing about the words more like the punctuation wasn't a problem. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.15  squiggy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.14    2 years ago
The way it's written. Nothing about the words more like the punctuation wasn't a problem.

Soooo, in your opinion, the way something is written has nothing to do with the words used or sentence structure?

monophy.gif

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    2 years ago

Girl crush firmly intact.  jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

And in case I have been remiss in telling you, thank you for your service to this country.   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    2 years ago

Thank-you very much and you're welcome

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.3  squiggy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    2 years ago

What does Jordan's military background have to do with anything?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  squiggy @2.3    2 years ago

NAFTA................Not A Fucking Thing Again

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  squiggy @2.3    2 years ago

It does not. Just a point of contention for the left.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    2 years ago

As far as I know Jim Jordan was never in the military.  Not sure where you are getting the idea that he had served, I don't see anything in the article to indicate he had.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.4.1  Snuffy  replied to  Snuffy @2.4    2 years ago

ahh...  I see your reply in 2.1.1.   Never mind...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2.4    2 years ago

It's mind-boggling, isn't it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2.4.1    2 years ago

I guess we can allow a little self congratulation. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.4.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4.2    2 years ago

Snuffy didn't get nasty when he realized I had problems with that paragraph. You should follow his example more often since you seem to think that you are morally superior to me

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.4.5  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4.3    2 years ago

I'm not gonna get upset over a simple misunderstanding of a sentence..   life is way too short for that .

Let's eat grandma.
Let's eat, grandma.

Comma's save lives and reduce misunderstanding..  but we are at the mercy of brainiacs in mainstream media who are lucky to know a keyboard from a snowboard.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.4.4    2 years ago

I agree on both points.

Snuffy is a gentleman and an articulate one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2.4.5    2 years ago

You are a good man. We could use more like you.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.4.8  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4.7    2 years ago

Thx.  But there are so many that I will no longer respond to that my time here is getting limited.  Too many people want to only play partisan bullshit and/or play the victim card.  It gets tiring.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2.4.8    2 years ago

I think we are all feeling it. We need more people here.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.4.11  Snuffy  replied to  Kathleen @2.4.10    2 years ago

Oh  I'll never stop with those...   I love being the master of all thing trivial (or is it that I'm just a trivial bastard,  not always clear to me)....    

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

If these guys planned an insurrection, I am glad as HELL they didn't plan D-Day....................

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3    2 years ago

It appears that their fearless leader was a no show.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  SteevieGee @3.1    2 years ago

"It appears that their fearless leader was a no show."

Because it actually didn't happen in the end despite whatshisnames' incited and inspired by domestic terrorist mob - some folks think that they should all just be let go and move on.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

And for Kamala "Toe" Harris to compare 1/6 to Pearl Harbor and 9/11 was disgusting as hell................Stupid shit

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago

Tucker Carlson took off on that. He did half his show last night based on that comparison.

LMAO!

All the more reason for teaching history and not CRT.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago

But she did approve of the Wisconsin State Capital invasion back in 2011...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @4.2    2 years ago

Um, your link is about Pelosi. 

Oh and an anonymous author from Polish News UK? Really? 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago
And for Kamala "Toe" Harris to compare 1/6 to Pearl Harbor and 9/11 was disgusting as hell

January 6, 2021 was actually worse.  The attack came from inside our own borders and was orchestrated by people you support [deleted]  I love my country, flaws and all.  If it means having to listen to you and idiots like Trump and his supporters, so be it. 

And by the way:  Resorting to sexual inuendo as a means to insult a woman with whom you disagree, means you got nothin'.

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.3    2 years ago
January 6, 2021 was actually worse.  The attack came from inside our own borders 

So this was worse than 9/11 too?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.3.2  Snuffy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.3    2 years ago

There are some 9/11 families who are very upset with the comparison and I don't blame them.  I lost two friends in the South Tower on that day.

Jan 6th was a terrible affair and all those who took part in it should be held accountable. But 9/11 had almost 3000 people die.  I have a very hard time thinking that Jan 6th was worse.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago

It's insanity. It was a riot.  People are going to jail. (For this riot at least, other riots, not so much.)   Democrats had to invent a police officer being murdered (and continue to lie about to this day) to give it some oomph. 

It's not even an entry in the book of worst things that have happened in the US. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4    2 years ago
(For this riot at least, other riots, not so much.) 

Left-Wing Terrorists Bombed The Senate In 1983. Bill Clinton Let Them Out Of Prison Early — At Jerry Nadler’s Request

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago

A statement from somebody who didn't have to participate in the reactions from those 2 days is a full out display of ignorance. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    2 years ago
And for Kamala "Toe" Harris to compare 1/6 to Pearl Harbor and 9/11 was disgusting as hell

Pelosi and Biden did, too. Shameful!

BTW ... Biden's speech was about 20 minutes long, and he indirectly mentioned Trump 15 times through his angry, clenched dentures!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    2 years ago

[removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 years ago

The Jan 6 committee will prove beyond a doubt that Trump and his followers wanted to and intended to steal the 2020 presidential election. Take it to the bank. 

Get your popcorn ready in a few weeks. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

The commission had already made up it's mind, without even interviewing the first witness. This has been proven by Pelosi asking for Republican input, then rejecting those that were appointed, and making her own decisions based on the TDS of the republicans there now.

Those on the commission will simply pat themselves on the back for a "job well done", appease their loon leftist base, then probably lose in the next election.

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @7.1    2 years ago

Except Pelosi did NOT reject ALL of those that were appointed. McCarthy chose to revoke the Republican members that Pelosi accepted. Those are FACTS. 

It's interesting that you seem to think that any Republican that doesn't support Trump's Big Lie is deranged.

The GOP eating their own. 

Please proceed. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @7.1.1    2 years ago

Why would you agree to a sham commission when ANY of the reps you choose are summarily dismissed by a partisan leftist drunk loon who appoints 2 TDS driven fake republicans in their place.

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.1.3  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @7.1.2    2 years ago

Why would I agree to engaging in a discussion with someone who posts such partisan and juvenile  argle-bargle? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @7.1.3    2 years ago
[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

ubt that Trump and his followers wanted to and intended to steal the 2020 presidential election

Through a crazy legal argument.  Last time I looked, crazy legal arguments are still allowed in this country. 

That's not an insurrection. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2    2 years ago
That's not an insurrection. 

Of course it isn't. In addition, not one arrested person has been charged with either sedition or insurrection. Most have been arrested for trespassing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago
The Jan 6 committee will prove beyond a doubt that Trump and his followers wanted to and intended to steal the 2020 presidential election. Take it to the bank. 

Will this be like when Democrats promised us all that the Great Mueller Report would end Trump?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Joe Biden: "You can't love your country only when you win. You can't obey the law only when it's convenient. You can't be patriotic when you embrace and enable lies."

The hypocrisy here needs to be recognized.  A new level reached here by Biden. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Here's the latest on our special holiday:

President Biden   on Thursday forcefully rebuked former   President Trump   in an address marking the anniversary of the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, accusing the former president of spreading a “web of lies” that laid the groundwork for the attack by a mob of Trump supporters one year ago. 

In a lengthy address from Statuary Hall, Biden said that Trump put his own interests over those of the country and directly and forcefully disputed the former president’s false claims that Biden’s election was won with fraudulent votes. 

“The former president of the United States of America has created and spread a web of lies about the 2020 election. He has done so because he values power over principle, because he sees his own interest as more important than his country’s interest, America’s interest, and because his bruised ego means more to him than our democracy and our Constitution,” Biden said, his voice rising throughout the speech. “He can’t accept he lost.”

In a statement shortly after the address, Trump accused Biden of trying to “deflect the incompetent job he is doing” as president.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago
accusing the former president of spreading a “web of lies” that laid the groundwork for the attack by a mob of Trump supporters one year ago. 

Wasn't that investigated and found to be false?

Trump accused Biden of trying to “deflect the incompetent job he is doing” as president

He's not wrong.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1    2 years ago
Wasn't that investigated and found to be false?

Mightily investigated.

He's not wrong.

The democrats think they can run on this shit. They can't. It's about their record now.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago
It's about their record now.

Not a record I would want to be associated with.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Democrats and those in the mainstream media have gone into overdrive to claim the riot at the Capitol building last year was on the same level as the terrorist attacks on 9/11 or when Imperial Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

Vice President Kamala Harris began her speech at the Capitol on Thursday by linking all three events.

"Certain dates echo throughout history, including dates that instantly remind all who have lived through them where they were and what they were doing when our democracy came under assault. Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendars but a place in our collective memory. December 7, 1941. September 11, 2001. And January 6, 2021," Harris said.

CBS News anchor Tony Dokoupil compared January 6 to 9/11 during his interview with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

Understandably, those who were first responders on 9/11 or had family members as first responders called out the exaggerations: 

" As someone who was standing inside the North Tower in a hole from a truck bomb on February 26, 1993, and at Ground Zero on September 11th, 2001, delete your account as you haven’t a clue about real vs imagined terrorist acts. Do better & ease off the political kool Aid.". . .Rob O'Donnell.

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    2 years ago

original