Congratulations Tucker Carlson, you did it. The United States has a lower vaccination rate than any other country tracked besides Russia

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 months ago  •  43 comments

Congratulations Tucker Carlson, you did it. The United States has a lower vaccination rate than any other country tracked besides Russia
Morning Consult @MorningConsult · Jan 17 The United States has a lower vaccination rate than any other country tracked besides Russia. https://morningconsult.biz/3sPZfg2

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 months ago

We are exceptional !

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 months ago

How embarrassing.

Tacos!
Professor Expert
3  Tacos!    4 months ago

It’s been a long time since we had such a compelling reason to be disgusted by, and ashamed of, our fellow Americans.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 months ago

Well, at least we are "free".

Krishna
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 months ago

Well, at least we are "free".

Yes-- that's the important thing!

/sarc

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 months ago

It’s been a long time since we had such a compelling reason to be disgusted by, and ashamed of, our fellow Americans.

Not since December 2016.

shona1
Sophomore Participates
4  shona1    4 months ago

Morning..rather strange in some ways .

People don't believe in science with the vaccine..

But they believe in science when they end up in hospital expecting it to save them..

Omicron is off and running here as well now..on average losing 15 souls a day and the hospital system is starting to be put under strain.

NSW and Victoria have the highest rates of infection approx 25,000 a day and the other states and territories are up as well..but the numbers are starting to drop. 

So not sure if it has peaked yet...still doing the basics, vaccinations, testing and wearing face masks etc...and just wait and see...

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
5  Nerm_L    4 months ago

Better read the fine print on that graph.  The graph is based upon a survey and is NOT based on any sort of official data.

Here's the real scoop. 

No one seems to be bothered by the large discrepancy between reported numbers of single doses administered and two doses administered.  A survey isn't a replacement for official data.  And the large, unexplained discrepancies in the official data suggests we really don't know how many have been vaccinated.

shona1
Sophomore Participates
5.1  shona1  replied to  Nerm_L @5    4 months ago

Morning..

Yes you took the words right out of my mouth.. there must be official figures... they are the ones I would go by...

Take this with a grain of salt...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @5    4 months ago
Better read the fine print on that graph.  The graph is based upon a survey and is NOT based on any sort of official data. Here's the real scoop.

Your "scoop" almost matches.

Seeded article shows 66% vaccinated.

CDC shows 63% vaccinated.  (Note: you are NOT vaccinated if you've only had 1 dose)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    4 months ago

You should look at some real data for Russia instead of believing the crap in the seeded article.

Fact is, we are vaccinated at a much hi9gher rate than Russia.

The seeded article is fake news.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.1    4 months ago
You should look at some real data for Russia instead of believing the crap in the seeded article.

You should once again try reading my comment, I did not even reference Russia.

Fact is, we are vaccinated at a much hi9gher rate than Russia.

And lower than everyone else.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.2    4 months ago

Then you should probably start off with actually reading the article, so then you will know my comment was spot on and correct and ON TOPIC.
I gave you a link to prove it. I can;t read the material in it for you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.1    4 months ago

lol. 

Morning Consult is a mainstream organization. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.4    4 months ago
Morning Consult is a mainstream organization

This is a fake story designed solely to enflame.

And it is WILDLY inaccurate.

As I have proven.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.2    4 months ago
And lower than everyone else.

Not even close to being true--just a made-up lie without a shred of evidence to support it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.5    4 months ago

All you've proven is that you dont know what you are doing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.7    4 months ago

Look, the article CLAIMS we have the lowest rate other than Russia.

That is just plain old FALSE.

And I proved it in post 7.

You're welcome.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.8    4 months ago

The article doesnt claim we have the lowest rate in the world other than Russia, it claims we have the lowest rate of those Morning Consult tracked other than Russia, namely the countries that are listed on the graph. 

Take a chill pill for gods sake. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.9    4 months ago

Post 7 has more information that the seeded article is sorely lacking.

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
5.2.11  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    4 months ago
Seeded article shows 66% vaccinated. CDC shows 63% vaccinated.  (Note: you are NOT vaccinated if you've only had 1 dose)

Kinda hard to survey people under age 5.  The CDC shows that 67 pct of those eligible have been fully vaccinated.  Maybe the survey called people until they got a result that matched the CDC?

Note that the CDC should have very good data for the number of doses delivered by the Federal government.  But the CDC relies on states accurately reporting the number of doses administered.  According to the CDC data, 19 pct of the doses delivered (120 million doses) have not been administered.  And there isn't any explanation why 40 million people would get one dose and not get the second dose.  About 18 million people received the one dose J&J vaccine and they are counted as fully vaccinated, or not, depending on how states are reporting data.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.3    4 months ago
Then you should probably start off with actually reading the article, so then you will know my comment was spot on and correct and ON TOPIC.

And you have apparently once again failed to read my comment before replying to it.  I was not addressing the seeded article, I was addressing NERM_L's false claim that the CDC showed different vaccination results.  While there was a difference, it was easily within a small margin of error and timing.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.6    4 months ago

Not even close to being true--just a made-up lie without a shred of evidence to support it.

Based on the seeded article it is.  This article does not cover every country in existence.

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
5.2.14  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.12    4 months ago
And you have apparently once again failed to read my comment before replying to it.  I was not addressing the seeded article, I was addressing NERM_L's false claim that the CDC showed different vaccination results.  While there was a difference, it was easily within a small margin of error and timing.

I did not claim that the CDC showed different vaccination results.  That's your twist.  I pointed out that the graph is based upon a survey and not upon official data.  In Fauci-speak, the graph is anecdotal evidence and should not be accepted as a verified fact.

I didn't make any false claims.  You've made false allegations.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
5.2.15  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.2    4 months ago

Yet he expects us to blindly accept the crap in his seeds.

Krishna
Professor Principal
6  Krishna    4 months ago

There's no cure for "Stuck on Stupid"...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @6    4 months ago

Yes there is and it is named covid.  Almost every day, I read reports of outspoken well known anti vaxers getting their one way tickets punched.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @6    4 months ago
There's no cure for "Stuck on Stupid"...

I know!

So, how many yahoos will believe this story?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    4 months ago

Brilliant to blame someone for a survey !

Let's get some FACTS in place of surveys, shall we, instead of passing this crap off as "news".

Covid-19 vaccine tracker: View vaccinations by country (cnn.com)

Russia

47.1%   fully vaccinated

4.3%   partially vaccinated

United States

62.5%   fully vaccinated

12.4%   partially vaccinated

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 months ago

I wonder how many people will be fooled by the title and not bother to read the article to know that the whole thing is based on a survey--not FACTUAL information.

How many will believe the lies because of the name Carlson in it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 months ago
Let's get some FACTS in place of surveys

Then why aren't you looking at NERM_L's link directly to the CDC ?  Single dose people are not vaccinated since the vaccination is a 2 dose regimen.

Fully Vaccinated* People
Count                              Percent of US Population                     
209,312,770                                 63%
One Dose
Count                              Percent of US Population                     
249,393,487                                 75.1%

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @7.2    4 months ago

I DID read Nerm's FACTS.

Now YOU can read MINE.

Please do note the article's premise is that Russia has a higher vaccination rate than the US. I just proved that to be totally false and made up.

Now, dispute THESE FACTS as you wish, but please at least try to put forth some real information.

Personally, I can't understand how people can be dumb enough to fall for this story.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    4 months ago
Please do note the article's premise is that Russia has a higher vaccination rate than the US. I just proved that to be totally false and made up.

That is not the premise of the article. Get a grip on yourself. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    4 months ago

Don't give a shit, and if you had bothered to read my comment you would see that.  I merely pointed out that you stated that you wanted to post "facts" while disputing one website's numbers, you simply posted a different website's numbers in regards to the US's numbers instead of going directly to the source of the CDC.

If you would just read the comments before replying, your responses wouldn't be so off topic.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 months ago

is there something wrong with you ?

your info says says Russia 47% ,  U.S. 62%

the seeded article graph says Russia 49% , U.S. 66%

What on earth are you bitching about ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.3    4 months ago

Your article claims we have the lowest rate other than Russia.

That is a lie.

It's not bitching, just pointing out facts, so I am sure it may seem like bitching to those short on facts.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
7.4  Duck Hawk  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 months ago

Those are not good numbers, Tex. In fact, they kind of suck. Why the hell is our vaccination rate so low? Could it be the dumb ass anti-vaccers who put themselves and their "free dumb" above the greater good for the country?

bugsy
Professor Participates
8  bugsy    4 months ago

Tucker has absolutely nothing to do with vaccination rates in the US.

Responsibility lies solely on Hidin Biden and Kamel for putting out their distrust of the vaccine early on.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
8.1  Duck Hawk  replied to  bugsy @8    4 months ago

When did they say they distrusted the vaccine? TMK they have been pushing vaccination since before they were sworn in. It is Fox news and fucker Carlson who have promoted the distrust. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Expert
10  Hal A. Lujah    4 months ago

Racing Russia to the bottom.  USA!!  USA!!  USA!!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
11  Paula Bartholomew    4 months ago

Right now there is a local story about a young man (anti vaxer) who is hospitalized and will most likely die from covid.  His family wants a Go Fund Me to cover his medical bills.  I would not contribute 2 cents to his stupidity.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
11.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    4 months ago

He has indeed died.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 months ago

More misinformation.  When are people going to read the fine print and realize Twitter isn't a reliable source for a damn thing.