╌>

Nutjob Far Right "News" Site Claims baby Formula Shortage Is A Left Wing Plot To Destroy America

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  16 comments

Nutjob Far Right "News" Site Claims baby Formula Shortage Is A Left Wing Plot To Destroy America

This is where we are at. 

The nationwide share of out-of-stock baby formula hit 40 percent in April. Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota, seemingly hardest hit by the shortages, reported out-of-stock rates of about 50 percent.

Red states are hardest hit – especially Texas, which has an ongoing feud with the Biden regime over the border.

This would be an atrocious action on Biden’s watch but given the nutcases appointed by Biden, it would not surprise.

The baby formula shortage looks to be intentional- updated: there's lots of formula for illegals - Flopping Aces

There is no bottom , or any rational explanation, to the behavior by the crazed political right.  Its funny to hear them talk about liberals being obsessed with Trump, when their obsession with attacking Biden , often with fake news, is way off the charts. 

There used to be a time when something like a baby formula shortage would bring the country together to find a solution. These days it is simply an excuse to blame the federal government. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

what did we ever do with ourselves before conspiracies became popular?  Life must have been so boring. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

And then there came Rupert Murdock, the Koch brothers and Fox news.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2  Steve Ott    2 years ago

Maybe he should talk with Greg Abbott, the top asshat of Texas,  why he stopped shipments of everything coming into the states from Mexico? Wanna know why your produce is more scarce and costs more? Ask Abbott.

Somebody has to take the blame for when the right fubars it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @2    2 years ago
Maybe he should talk with Greg Abbott, the top asshat of Texas,  why he stopped shipments of everything coming into the states from Mexico?

Please give me some details on shipments of everything stopped by Abbott 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago

What, you want to know the exact amount of spoiled lettuce? Come on dude.

Gov. Greg Abbott's short-lived increased border inspections cost El Paso about $1.3 billion in economic output, according to an analysis by Texas economist Ray Perryman.

Estimates of staggering losses are rolling in as economists, the city and private sector calculate the cost of Abbott's decision to   intensify state inspections of commercial trucks   at the U.S.-Mexico border in early April. The   damage was swift in the El Paso-Juárez corridor , where $9 billion in merchandise is processed monthly by the El Paso Customs District.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago

Mexico: Rail link worth billions won’t go through Texas after Abbott used trade as ‘political tool’

Abbott screwed up the supply chain, and you know it, or should. Don't blame supply chain issues on just one individual or party.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Steve Ott @2.1.1    2 years ago
you want to know the exact amount of spoiled lettuce?

Don't we export more lettuce than we import?

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Steve Ott  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.3    2 years ago

Perhaps. If we do, it ain't here in El Paso. Tomatos come from Mexico, lettuce comes from Mexico, Avocados are from Mexico.

I go to Albertson's every Saturday, and half the produce at least has little "from Mexico" stickers on them. Grapes don't though, those are all from Chile.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Steve Ott @2.1.4    2 years ago
it ain't here in El Paso

Pre-COVID, I use to go to Ft. Bliss 2-3 a year.  I hope some of my favorite restaurants there survived the pandemic:

• L & J Cafe (I never failed to go there at least one night per trip
  • Kiki's
  • State Line ( I actually like Tony's better for Bar-B-Q but I've gone to State Line for years)
  • West Texas Chophouse (unless I took folks to Cattleman's)
  • Park Tavern ( only got there twice before COVID but I liked it)

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Steve Ott @2    2 years ago
why he stopped shipments of everything coming into the states from Mexico?

The US imports an extremely small about of baby formula in part because of high import tariffs.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2    2 years ago
high import tariffs.

Which is just another way to say, tax the consumer.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Steve Ott @2.2.1    2 years ago
Which is just another way to say, tax the consumer.

In this case, it's more, deny the consumer.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Steve Ott @2    2 years ago

There have been truckloads of drugs and immigrants stopped on this side of the border since forever.  Less than a decade ago, less than 10 percent of trucks were inspected.  Of the 10 percent that were inspected, close to 90 percent had contraband.  To the best of my knowledge, this resulted in there being far fewer inspections, not more.

If media is reporting the amounts of contraband are miniscule in today's world, I don't believe them.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Steve Ott  replied to  mocowgirl @2.3    2 years ago

Abbott's secondary searches were of every truck. They found some oil leaks, flat tires, and zero drugs and immigrants.It cost Texas alone some 4 billion dollars in lost commerce.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Part of the shortage is the FDA's slow walking.................

• Abbott Laboratories claims its Michigan plant is not responsible for bacteria that killed at least two infants
  • The baby formula manufacturer alleged an FDA investigation revealed 'infant formula produced at our Sturgis facility is not the likely source of infection'
  • Abbott claims products from the facility did not cause any bacterial outbreak 
  • The plant still remains closed despite the findings after shutting down in February amid a major product recall 
  • Abbott says it's 'working closely with the FDA to restart operations' at the plant as parents across the nation are struggling to get formula for their babies

Why is biggest baby formula plant in US STILL shut down after three months? Abbott says plant is safe and was not responsible for bacteria that killed two kids - but FDA refuses to reopen it as parents across US struggle to feed their babies

"An Abbott spokesperson told DailyMail.com Tuesday that 'thorough investigation' by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA ) and Abbott revealed 'infant formula produced at our Sturgis facility is not the likely source of infection in the reported cases and that there was not an outbreak caused by products from the facility'.

However, despite the findings of the investigation, the plant remains shuttered nearly three months later, fueling the nationwide baby formula shortage."

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3    2 years ago

Yep. It's interesting, in a sad way, that the FDA won't allow importation of formula from the EU, but by god, we can import the milk from which the formula is made.