╌>

Trump releases 12-page response to Jan. 6 hearing

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  107 comments

By:   Brett Samuels (The Hill)

Trump releases 12-page response to Jan. 6 hearing
Seventeen months after the events of January 6th, Democrats are unable to offer solutions," Trump said in a statement released through his Save America PAC. "They are desperate to change the narrative of a failing nation, without even making mention of the havoc and death caused by the Radical Left just months earlier. Make no mistake, they control the government. They own this disaster. They are hoping that these hearings will somehow alter their failing prospects."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Trump on Monday issued a 12-page rebuttal to testimony and evidence presented by a House committee investigating the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, accusing Democrats of seeking to distract from a series of domestic issues facing the country.

"Seventeen months after the events of January 6th, Democrats are unable to offer solutions," Trump said in a statement released through his Save America PAC. "They are desperate to change the narrative of a failing nation, without even making mention of the havoc and death caused by the Radical Left just months earlier. Make no mistake, they control the government. They own this disaster. They are hoping that these hearings will somehow alter their failing prospects."

The 12-page document underscores how Trump has yet to move on from his false claims of fraud in the 2020 election and how the committee's work may be central to a potential 2024 campaign.

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection has held two public hearings thus far as it builds a case to show Trump was repeatedly informed by aides that the election was not stolen or rigged but continued to claim publicly that it was for months, misleading his supporters.

In the 12-page document, Trump repeats a handful of disproven claims to assert the 2020 election was stolen from him and rigged in favor of Democrats, including some that were brought up during testimony by former Trump campaign and administration officials.

One section of Trump's statement focuses on ballot trafficking claims, for which he cites the Dinesh D'Souza documentary "2000 Mules." In testimony shown earlier Monday, former Attorney General William Barr laughed at the mention of the film, saying he was "unimpressed with it" and dismissed the idea that it proved widespread fraud.

Another section asserts that President Biden could not have won the states of Pennsylvania, Arizona or Georgia because he got more Black votes and Hispanic votes than former President Obama. Each of those states has performed audits and recounts and found no evidence of widespread fraud.

Trump in one section claimed states such as Pennsylvania and Michigan took additional time after Election Day to count ballots because it was part of an elaborate scheme to ship in fraudulent votes so Biden could erase Trump's narrow leads in those states.

But former Fox News editor Chris Stirewalt testified in person on Monday to dismiss that very theory, known as the "red mirage." Stirewalt explained that Republicans typically do better on Election Day, while Democrats perform better in early voting. Some states, such as Pennsylvania, do not count early votes or mail-in ballots until Election Day, meaning it takes additional time to finalize the count.

"We had gone to pains — and I'm proud of the pains we went to — to make sure that we were informing viewers that this was going to happen because the Trump campaign and the president had made it clear that they were going to try to exploit this anomaly," Stirewalt said Monday.

The Jan. 6 hearings have shown a number of former Trump aides dismissing his claims of election fraud and insisting they told the former president he did not have a case based in fact in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

Barr has testified that he told Trump his claims about the election were "bullshit" and referred to them as "nonsense" and "idiotic." In a deposition shown Monday, Barr told the committee he worried Trump was "detached from reality" in the weeks after the election as he claimed without evidence that certain voting machines were designed to cheat.

But Trump has repeatedly shown he will not back down from his claims that the 2020 election was stolen, turning it into a major campaign issue in the 2022 midterms and beyond. He has backed candidates who continue to deny that Biden is the legitimately elected president, and he has supported challengers to the Republicans who voted to impeach him over the Capitol riot.

"As we near the midterm elections, we're watching the Swamp creatures circle the drain as true Americans step up to replace the corrupt Establishment with patriots who will fight for our freedoms," Trump says in Monday's 12-page statement.

"The Establishment is holding on as tightly as they can to their power as they watch it slip from their grasp. Our country is in a nosedive," he continues. "Americans are struggling to fill their gas tanks, feed their babies, educate their children, hire employees, order supplies, protect our border from invasion, and a host of other tragedies that are 100% caused by Democrats who obtained power through a rigged election, and the people of our country are both angry and sad."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"The Establishment is holding on as tightly as they can to their power as they watch it slip from their grasp. Our country is in a nosedive," he continues. "Americans are struggling to fill their gas tanks, feed their babies, educate their children, hire employees, order supplies, protect our border from invasion, and a host of other tragedies that are 100% caused by Democrats who obtained power through a rigged election, and the people of our country are both angry and sad."

Damn it! He's right again!

He warned everyone during the election didn't he?

"It's an incredible thing that's happened over the last few years, a lot of great things, " said Trump. "And you’re paying, what, $2 a gallon for your gasoline? That’s okay." "You know what that’s like?" he said.  "That’s like a tax cut. That’s bigger than a tax cut. If Biden got in, you’d be paying $7, $8, $9. Then they’d say, 'Get rid of your car.'"

To all you independents (the real ones), you'll get the first chance to redeem yourselves this coming November. To all you democrats, you are about to reap what you have sewn.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

There is no way in hell Trump himself wrote a 12 page response. On his own he would struggle through a half page. I smell Stephen Miller. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago
If Biden got in, you’d be paying $7, $8, $9.

It would take Jesus himself to write that one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 years ago

[removed]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

"caused by Democrats who obtained power through a rigged election"

So I take it you're one of the 68% of Republicans who still believe the big lie? There is nothing factual in that tired whiny verbal tantrum. All Trump does is take whatever problems that might arise and blame them all on Democrats while lying about the election, lying about the governments ability to step in and fix things and lying about what he supposedly could do about it. I do find it hilarious that Republicans mantra used to be "small government, low taxes" but are now blaming everything on the current administration as if it's their fault for not being bigger and manufacturing baby formula, creating jobs, subsidizing oil and gas etc. Such slimy dishonest pieces of shit that don't actually care about the majority of Americans, their "America first" policy seems to only really be "white conservative Christian Americans first".

The January 6th hearing is showing Trump and his poorly educated sycophants as the treasonous dumb shit liars they are. There is nothing in Trumps response that refutes that obvious conclusion.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    2 years ago
So I take it you're one of the 68% of Republicans who still believe the big lie?

Here's what I believe:

The worst is still ahead of us on inflation.

The worst is still ahead of us on high gas prices

The worst is still ahead of us on a country overwhelmed by illegal migrants

The worst is still ahead of us on removing woke DA's and keeping cops on the force

The 2022 midterm election is going to be an epic disaster for democrats

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    2 years ago

FVSPaSKX0AArBgJ?format=jpg&name=small

Republican Mayra Flores flips House seat in Texas special election

https:// trib.al/pBM774L

FVB9ClBXEAALHn7?format=png&name=small

Texas Poll: Greg Abbott 56 Percent, Beto O’Rourke 37 Percent

| by John McCormack

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    2 years ago

A Republican winning a district that is 84% Latino and where democrats like Obama and Clinton won 60% of the votes.  

Poor democrats, becoming more and more the party of white people and losing other races.

Maybe if white  democrats spend more time lecturing Latinos that they should prefer to be called Latinx or that it’s impossible to define who is a woman, they’ll do better.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    2 years ago
Here's what I believe:

What I KNOW is that your whole reply is a deflection. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

284939733_431000195697145_4807733704178667457_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8CEUKVkoMOwAX80SKb4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9mlrqIzbZ0PByY0mB0nbmhaD2Qh_T7xSsMzRC4cOR2sg&oe=62AD4A82

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 years ago

Oh yeah!!!! When original thoughts are not to be found, by all means. Grab a poster or a meme or a picture that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Cuz ya got nothing otherwise. But in some minds, a contribution is a contribution no matter how fucking lame.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.1    2 years ago

FUCK OFF

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.2    2 years ago

Awwww how cute......................

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.3.4  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.1    2 years ago
But in some minds, a contribution is a contribution no matter how fucking lame.

Guess some people didn't get enough participation trophy's when they were young and they feel the number of posts get them an extra cookie today?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.3.4    2 years ago

Speaking of fucking lame

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Do you extend that to this?:

In the 12-page document, Trump repeats a handful of disproven claims to assert the 2020 election was stolen from him and rigged in favor of Democrats, including some that were brought up during testimony by former Trump campaign and administration officials.

Do you believe Trump's Big Lie?    If not, do you object to hard evidence being made available to the American people for them to form a better-informed conclusion on what Trump did and why he did it?

What I see from you and others, Vic, is you simply playing partisan games.   IMO, you are objecting to this committee only because they are Ds (predominantly).   If the tables were turned and Trump was a D while engaging in his Big Lie I am confident that you would be all over the Big Lie.   That is a key difference between pure partisanship and objective reasoning.

I would, without question, hold the same position I hold today.   I would, without question, make the same comments that I make today.   I do not care what party Trump was part of.   His actions should be condemned and no political party should soil itself by continuing to support him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.4    2 years ago
I would, without question, hold the same position I hold today.

I recall the 4 years that the national media called Trump a traitor, a Russian tool. What I don't recall is your outrage.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.1    2 years ago

All that is true except the outrage.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.4.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.1    2 years ago

I also was not cheering on his impeachments.    Get a clue, Vic.   I do not get outraged when partisans engage in partisan behavior;  it is part of life in today's divisive political environment.

You, again, compare apples to orangutans and play the truly witless game of implying hypocrisy.  

I stated that if Trump were a D when he engaged in his Big Lie that I would be making the same comments.    And that is because I absolutely would have done so.   I am concerned about the sitting PotUS abusing the authority of the office.  

You try to equate Trump's historically outrageous behavior with everyday partisan battles.     That is either an intentionally dishonest tactic or you do not comprehend the major distinction.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.4  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1.4.2    2 years ago

Only to the TDS driven.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

285723596_434716508658847_987814890843132615_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=EkT6KP4P4dcAX-2XTEa&_nc_oc=AQl5lEOJaIRP2KUNvhB3LGse16LYEctHzSPhM1NG3gjTkqDvxDKCZN4an9Hrj5pJ9y8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8xuzrUsCN-YFABuWe6HgXv2h_CLJT0wYPv7PhSawnxaw&oe=62AD235E

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.5    2 years ago

175779f9f97ea801.jpg

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.5.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.1    2 years ago

Yes and this is a major failure of the Biden administration.   Why they continue to fail here boggles the mind.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.5.2    2 years ago

Is it a failure or was it the goal?

Shall we ask the shadow president?

th?id=OIP.yJgh86k0GQQNDT9jJm5AOAHaD2&pid=Api&P=0&w=366&h=190

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.5.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.3    2 years ago
Shall we ask the shadow president?

Oooh, oh! Did 'Q' finally reveal that Susan Rice is really the President of the 'Deep State'? Is it her lizard alien blood that was put in the Covid vaccine so that they could track everyone and read their minds? /s

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.5.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.5.4    2 years ago
Is it her lizard alien blood that was put in the Covid vaccine so that they could track everyone

I hope they had her permission, Big Pharma has a history exploiting's Black human products.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

He's whackjob alt-right, not correct.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.6    2 years ago
He's whackjob alt-right, not correct.  

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above sentence?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.1    2 years ago

He's not correct about anything.  He's a whackjob.  

Also, he didn't write this 12 page response.  It was that shitlappingscumbag Stephen Miller.  John's correct!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.1    2 years ago

285181465_2884154941883951_7471393651764942880_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ROgJ4doi44UAX8DwnCO&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_oghEAIonyppde70d_IiaHiLxM4kDqVaL_pqUMPY5Byw&oe=62AEA89E

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.3    2 years ago

8adbb108c0491cdd.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.6.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.4    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.4    2 years ago

Speaking of damned sure idiots.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.8  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.6.6    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.6.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @1.6.6    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.10  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.6.9    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.6.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.10    2 years ago

Seems painfully obvious who gives a fuck about tickets................heaven forbid someone should earn a second vacation in just a little over a week.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.12  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.6.11    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.6.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.12    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.14  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.6.13    2 years ago

"No need to run to anyone."

I know otherwise.  

If you didn't follow me around from day to day and post to post you would never have noticed my absence.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Is it infatuation or what?

I'm not at all flattered by the dogging of my heels and following me around from post to post.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.6.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.14    2 years ago
I know otherwise. 

So you have a mod in your pocket?

Everyone notices your absence. A shitload less snark and bullshit commentary. I will admit, you are fun to play with and you are missed by more than just me in that aspect.

I'm not at all flattered by the dogging of my heels and following me around from post to post.  

That is your schtick not mine. Daily. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.16  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.6.15    2 years ago

I notice that one of my fan club members cannot stop following me around from post to post and just has to have the last word!

What a pitiful life.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.6.17  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.16    2 years ago

Lol .... who’s following who?    You responded to him.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.6.18  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
1.6.19  Ender  replied to  pat wilson @1.6.18    2 years ago

Floaters get you life vest!

JBB
Professor Principal
1.6.20  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.4    2 years ago

Trump's press release used an old picture...

He surely isn't looking so robust here lately!

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The chair of the  House committee investigating  the Capitol riot said Monday night that the panel will not make any criminal referrals, even though its leaders have previously hinted at the possibility of doing so.

Why would they stop just short of a criminal referral?

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1  squiggy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

Because it's a publicity circus?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  squiggy @2.1    2 years ago

They want to run against him.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

see @9

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

January 6th was an attempted coup by Trump & Co!

Hallux
PhD Principal
5  Hallux    2 years ago

Every time Trump lies someone pops up to say he's right again.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    2 years ago

Every time Trump makes a comment, some loon on the left accuses him of lying.

Trump lives rent free in those looners heads.    He owns them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6    2 years ago
Every time Trump makes a comment, some loon on the left accuses him of lying. Trump lives rent free in those looners heads.    He owns them.

If that is true, then the loons own you. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    2 years ago

Ah yes, the old “I know you are but what am I” gambit.

Classic John, classic.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 years ago
They illegally inflated voter rolls, illegally allowed harvested and stuffed ballots, abused the use of mail-in ballots, physically removed Republicans from counting facilities, abused the elderly in nursing homes, bribed election officials with donations, stopped counting on Election Night, gave Democrats three extra days to harvest ballots, and demanded that the American people believe it was legitimate. 

This entire charade of the Unselect Committee is a brazen attempt to detract the public’s attention from the truth. The truth is that Americans showed up in Washington, D.C. in massive numbers (but seldom revealed by the press), on January 6th, 2021, to hold their elected officials accountable for the obvious signs of criminal activity throughout the Election. Those who are supposed to be public servants are using the power of government against the people who entrusted them with the power. We’ve been betrayed.

Since the Unselect Committee refuses to allow their political opponents to participate in the hearings, the public likely won’t hear from the many patriots who contradict the lies being broadcast – at least not in these hearings. This is all a ridiculous and treasonous attempt to cover up the fact that Democrats rigged the Election and are siphoning Americans’ freedoms and power for their own benefit.

I think the only way to put an end to this crap is to indict him, convict him , and put him in jail. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

When???

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    2 years ago

A large part of this 12 page retort is devoted to explaining the 2000 Mules theory. 

Bill Barr, in his congressional testimony, ridiculed the idea of 2000 Mules. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 years ago

Yes, I know.

When do they indict him?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 years ago

www.yahoo.com   /entertainment/bill-barr-reviews-dinesh-d-170658825.html

Bill Barr Pans Dinesh D’Souza’s ‘Indefensible’ Election-Fraud Film ‘2000 Mules’ in Jan. 6 Testimony

Josh Dickey 2-3 minutes   6/13/2022

Yes, former Attorney General Bill Barr has seen Dinesh D’Souza’s “2000 Mules,” and no, it didn’t do anything to change his mind.

Barr was mid-testimony on Day 2 of the Jan. 6 Congressional hearings, emphatically re-stating that he’d never seen any evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election, when he brought up the film unprompted.

“I haven’t seen anything that changes my mind on [the outcome of the election], including ‘2000 Mules,'” Barr said, chuckling at his own reference.

Barr was then asked by the committee to assess the film. And assess he did.

“In a nutshell … I was unimpressed with it … I was holding my fire on that to see what the photographic evidence was,” Barr said. “I thought ‘Well hell, if they have a lot of photographs of the same person dumping a lot of ballots at different boxes, that’s hard to explain.’

The Dinesh D’Souza film, still playing in 35 theaters nationwide, puts forth a theory that hundreds of ballot-harvesting “mules,” paid by Democrat operatives, were detected using cellphone data that showed their proximity to drop-boxes on Election Day. The film has grossed $1,455,830 in U.S. theaters.

“But the the cellphone data is singularly unimpressive. If you take 2 million cellphones and figure out where they are physically in a big city like Atlanta or whatever, just by definition you’re going find many hundreds of them have passed by and spent time in the vicinity of these boxes. The premise that that’s … a mule is indefensible.”

Earlier, Barr recounted a time when Trump came to him with a written report he presented as “definitive” evidence that the election had been stolen.

“I was demoralized,” Barr said. “I thought boy if he really believes hit stuff, he really is detached from reality.”

“2000 Mules” made $7,516 this weekend domestically.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.2    2 years ago

5 minutes from now would be fine with me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.4    2 years ago

Me too.

So what are they up to?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.2    2 years ago
When do they indict him?

That may never happen.    What might happen is that Trump will be diminished in his role of defacto leader of the GoP.    That would be great for the GoP and the nation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.7    2 years ago
That may never happen. 

You mean the claim of inciting a riot can't be proven?

What might happen is that Trump will be diminished in his role of defacto leader of the GoP. 

Then Republicans may nominate someone else as a candidate?  I'm all for that.

That would be great for the GoP and the nation.

Trump not getting the nomination or deciding not to run?  Ya, that would be good for Republicans.

However there is a different scenario. You know, the lingering, obvious one:  Trump is ravaged by all this, yet decides to run anyway.  He divides the party and the democrats, despite all the misery and suffering they've created for ordinary Americans, run against Trump and his personality again.

That would be bad for the nation.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.8    2 years ago
You mean the claim of inciting a riot can't be proven?

I mean that high level officials have a way of getting away with bad behavior.

Then Republicans may nominate someone else as a candidate?  I'm all for that.   Trump not getting the nomination or deciding not to run?  Ya, that would be good for Republicans.

Then why do you, et. al., defend Trump rather than denounce him and rally behind a new leader who is at least a halfway decent human being?

Trump is ravaged by all this, yet decides to run anyway.  He divides the party and the democrats, despite all the misery and suffering they've created for ordinary Americans, run against Trump and his personality again.

If you and fellow hard-core Rs denounced Trump (rather than defend him) he would never be nominated again and problem solved.    Is this not obvious? 

But that would mean following the lead of people like Liz Cheney instead of ostracizing her for having guts, personal integrity and putting the country first.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.7    2 years ago

Wrong.

Because with every damn attack. Every BS investigation wasting tax payer money to overstate what is obvious. Every false accusation that ends w/o charges being filed. The Democrats are making Trump into the victim. 

Democrats have dropped all sense of fairness, decorum, tradition and rules in the House, and even caring about the laws of this nation. 

To put it bluntly the Democrats are far worse than Trump could be on his best day.

We only have two parties in the country. Willing to bet right now the vast majority of voters aren't real fans of Democrats. Especially when they are deaf, dumb, and blind to all the problems they have created since coming to power. Things that concern voters every damn day. Gas prices, inflation, crime, our wide open southern border, and the US citizens that were abandoned by Biden in Afghanistan (some of us haven't forgotten them no matter how much Biden, Democrats,  and their media shills wish it otherwise.).

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.10    2 years ago

There certainly are plenty of apparent sycophant lemmings who cannot think for themselves and will translate any expose' of Trump to simply be an attack on a hero.

Those people are a major disappointment and are irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic (and they no doubt cannot see that).

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.10    2 years ago

Ok, what is the republican plan for all the 'ills' you posted?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.9    2 years ago
I mean that high level officials have a way of getting away with bad behavior.

Not Trump or anyone connected to him. If they spit on the sidewalk, their going to be convicted and given the maximum sentence.

Then why do you, et. al., defend Trump rather than denounce him and rally behind a new leader who is at least a halfway decent human being?

Because he was a great President. Now we are experiencing what the real danger to the country is.

If you and fellow hard-core Rs denounced Trump (rather than defend him) he would never be nominated again and problem solved.    Is this not obvious? 

That would be like denouncing Gen Patton for slapping a soldier with PTSD at the height of WWII. You don't disparage what you need at a key point in time.

But that would mean following the lead of people like Liz Cheney instead of ostracizing her for having guts, personal integrity and putting the country first.

What integrity? You wouldn't join the Black Panthers if you wanted to reform the SFPD. Look who she is with.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.13    2 years ago

How is it residing in that alternate reality?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.14    2 years ago

Ah, a new phrase and a lot of bait on the hook.

As tempting as it is, I'll pass.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.13    2 years ago
Not Trump or anyone connected to him. If they spit on the sidewalk, their going to be convicted and given the maximum sentence.

Yeah, I figured you would refuse to accept anything other than an admission by Trump.   That is a bullshit excuse to hide from the truth.

Because he was a great President.

You ignore his Big Lie campaign and all the damage it has and continues to do to this nation because you liked his policies.   That is what I mean by irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic thinking.

That would be like denouncing Gen Patton for slapping a soldier with PTSD at the height of WWII. You don't disparage what you need at a key point in time.

What utter nonsense;  full deflection from what I posted to you:

TiG@7.1.9 ☞ If you and fellow hard-core Rs denounced Trump (rather than defend him) he would never be nominated again and problem solved.    Is this not obvious? 

What integrity?

A stupid question.   Liz Cheney has severely compromised her career as a high-level GoP operative / candidate by refusing to go along with the Big Lie and directly opposing the lie with truth (hard facts).   That, Vic, is an act based on integrity.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.17  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.16    2 years ago

Why are you so adamant of everyone that does not think like you denounce Trump? Many on here have, I denounce him now, but you still don't stop egging people on to do the same thing over and over.

Why don't you denounce Biden for his failed policies that are dragging this country into a recession?

Why don't you denounce BLM?

Why don't you denounce ANTIFA?

Way don't you denounce democrat leadership in democrat run cities where crime is running rampant and nothing is being done about it?

Way don't you denounce the summer of love riots of 2020 that were disguised as George Floyd protests, but had nothing to do with that?

Give it up TiG. You are not here to debate. You are here to demand others think like you and if they don't, you will hound them until you think they will, then feel as of you have won by getting the last word, no matter how wrong you are.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @7.1.17    2 years ago
Why are you so adamant of everyone that does not think like you denounce Trump?

Because Trump engaged in an historically extreme act where he abused his office and damaged the nation as PotUS all because his ego could not stand losing.  

Because people are giving him cover and enabling him to continue to influence the GoP.

How can any patriot give that a pass?  

Why don't you ...

Pathetic deflections.

Your entire post bypasses the hard questions and, as most weak arguments go, just makes this personal.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.20  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  bugsy @7.1.17    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.16    2 years ago
  Liz Cheney has severely compromised her career as a high-level GoP operative / candidate by refusing to go along with the Big Lie and directly opposing the lie with truth (hard facts).   That, Vic, is an act based on integrity.

I think you said more than you know. If it's integrity, it's the self destructive kind.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.21    2 years ago
I think you said more than you know. 

You do huh?   Is that what you think, Vic?

If it's integrity, it's the self destructive kind.

Yeah, Vic, I clearly stated that Ms. Cheney's integrity was preserved at the expense of her career in the GoP.    It is even right there in the language you quoted.

The fact that she compromised her career to preserve her integrity makes her behavior even more impressive.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

Lol .... in other words, a left wing looner wet dream ..... funny!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Trump is running again. If he werent he wouldnt go to such elaborate extents to lie about last time. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago

Then why not make an announcement?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago
If he werent he wouldnt go to such elaborate extents to lie about last time. 

It’s pretty strange.    

For as much as you “study” Trump, you still don’t understand him.    Trump isn’t a politician.    He has no political filter.    Unlike a politician, he thinks it, he sez it. A politician would put it to peer review or focus group and then respond accordingly.

Trump may or may not know if he is running but one thing is for sure.    You have no idea one way or another.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @8.2    2 years ago
It’s pretty strange.     For as much as you “study” Trump, you still don’t understand him.    Trump isn’t a politician.    He has no political filter.    Unlike a politician, he thinks it, he sez it. A politician would put it to peer review or focus group and then respond accordingly.

Do you think he wrote a 12 page response to the Jan 6th hearings off the top of his head?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    2 years ago

Who knows but I’m surprised it was only 12 pages.   Trump has a 5 to 6 year axe to grind with all the TDS ridden fools out there.

And counting .....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @8.2.2    2 years ago

You probably think Trump wrote it. 

He's lucky if he can write a paragraph. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.2.4  Hallux  replied to  Sparty On @8.2    2 years ago
Trump isn’t a politician.

Of course he isn't ... /S

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 years ago

Gawd, the deluded logic in that comment is epic, exponential really.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  Hallux @8.2.4    2 years ago

Lol .... you probably think he’s more of a politician than Biden or the Canadian boy wonder .....

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago
If he werent he wouldnt go to such elaborate extents to lie about last time.

Looks like the only one going to elaborate extents would be you.  There has been no announcement.  Yet here you are prepping yourself for something you don't even know will happen.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9  TᵢG    2 years ago
Vic@2 ☞ Why would they stop just short of a criminal referral?

I would like to know that answer too ... definitively from the committee.

My hypothesis is that this committee is set on informing the public about Trump's Big Lie and show how he is complicit in the Jan 6th insurrection.   They are doing this to discredit Trump and to encourage voters to stop following Trump and to not consider supporting him for any future political candidacies.

If that is their objective then I applaud their efforts because the public should know what Trump did.   Anyone who holds that Trump knowingly lied to the world about a rigged system, used that lie to gain campaign donations ($250 million) which in part funded 61 frivolous lawsuits, misled his supporters into thinking their votes were disenfranchised, strong-armed officials using the authority of his office to accept his lie, suborned his own VP to commit an unconstitutional act (withholding certified election results from key states Trump lost) and encourage supporters to march on the capitol while refusing to take action for three hours as violence ensued would likely never vote such an abysmal character into public office, much less the presidency.

They are focused on providing testimony from Republicans and that includes those very close to Trump.   They are relying upon hard evidence (videos and audio recordings) that can only be denied by acute confirmation bias.   Thus even though they are obviously biased and partisan, what they are presenting is right there in clear terms for the American people to draw their own personal conclusions.

And, it would seem, that this has become real news as the media is actively commenting on the information presented by the committee.

Maybe this will be enough to get the GOP to wake up and distance themselves from the Trump parasite that has caused the GOP to lose its soul.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  TᵢG @9    2 years ago
while refusing to take action for three hours as violence ensued

I think this is another thing Trump sycophants continue to ignore. Trump was the President of the United States on January 6th, 2021. He was notified of the attack on the capital, his staff and other Republican legislators and supporters begged him to tell the violent mob to stop. He apparently was watching it all unfold live on TV. He had hours and hours of chances to tweet, message, shout out to, send public video, anything to call for the violence and vandalism and attempted insurrection to stop.

This happened on his watch, this was the biggest failure of his presidency. The mob would have listened to him, they were flying flags with his face and name on them, they were clearly his supporters and would have immediately done whatever he had called on them to do, even if it was to go against his earlier instructions and stop attempting to overturn the election. What he apparently did instead was sit on his hands and wait which is exactly what an outgoing wannabe dictator who was hoping and praying the attempted insurrection would be successful so they could cling to power would do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    2 years ago
"while refusing to take action for three hours as violence ensued"

And at the end he said go in peace to the domestic terrorist mob he incited which makes everything else hunky dory

Some have said a lot of those assholes were just lost, wandering around looking for a bathroom or some other such bullshit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9    2 years ago
 They are doing this to discredit Trump and to encourage voters to stop following Trump and to not consider supporting him for any future political candidacies.

That may very well be. If that is the case, the other part has to be that they want to run against him!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2    2 years ago

I do not respect wild speculation.   The Ds want to win.   That we know.   Your logic that suggests the Ds are discrediting Trump just enough so that he can still run but cannot win seems ridiculous to me.   Almost as ridiculous as your conspiracy theory that China knowingly infected the planet with COVID in the hope that it would force Trump out of office.

Stick with hypotheses that can be at least partially justified by real evidence.   The Ds want to win.   The Ds want to discredit Trump.   Trump is an abysmal character who should never be given public power, much less the presidency.

JBB
Professor Principal
10  JBB    2 years ago

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @10    2 years ago

4e01f41d0345d66f.jpg

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1    2 years ago

Why do you want them to not communicate hard evidence coming from Republican witnesses, the content of which nobody can dispute?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.1    2 years ago

If it's hard evidence why was Pelosi so afraid to let McCarthy put the people he wanted on the committee. Thus far, the Barr testimony has been by far the most compelling. Do you think Jim Jordan could lay a glove on that?

Whatever the committee does, it's image is tarnished as partisan.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    2 years ago
If it's hard evidence why was Pelosi so afraid to let McCarthy put the people he wanted on the committee.

It's such an obvious blunder, especially given the partisans she stacked her side with. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
10.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    2 years ago
Do you think Jim Jordan could lay a glove on that?

Maybe on the wrestling mat.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    2 years ago

I do not make wild speculation;  you should do likewise.

I have stated clearly that the committee is obviously partisan, so what is the point of you telling me what I already deemed to be obvious?

If it's hard evidence ...

There is no 'if', this is obviously hard evidence.   Republican operatives on video and audio as witnesses of what they told the PotUS and he told them.

Denying the obvious is an indication that one's perception on a matter is not aligned with reality.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    2 years ago

Yep but they don’t care and they will reap the whirlwind for it in November.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    2 years ago
Yep but they don’t care

Most people are suffering and couldn't care less that Trump equated all the voting rule changes as fraud.

The democratic party is cooked and justice couldn't be better served.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.7    2 years ago
Most people are suffering and couldn't care less that Trump equated all the voting rule changes as fraud.

If they then would vote for Trump again,  that is irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic

Further, you have heavily whitewashed what Trump did.   He did not merely 'equate' rule changes as fraud.   You know this so why attempt to portray a false reality?

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.7    2 years ago

Could they care SOME about the fact that millions of those that you claim are suffering spent their hard earned money on Trump's $250 MILLION in grift?

How about that thousands of those that you claim are suffering spent their hard earned money on traveling to DC to protest a LIE?

Or maybe they can manage to care just a little bit about the fact that hundreds of them and their families who are now spending their hard earned money on defense lawyers and putting money in their loved ones prison commissary fund and maybe managing to travel to visit them in DC once in a while. 

Trump lied to them. They lapped it up. 

The democratic party is cooked and justice couldn't be better served.

Delusional.