╌>

Sour views on economy keep Biden approval on issues down: POLL - ABC News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  62 comments

By:   ABC News

Sour views on economy keep Biden approval on issues down: POLL - ABC News
Over two-thirds (69%) of Americans think the nation's economy is getting worse, the highest it has been since 2008, when it was 82% in an ABC News/Washington Post poll.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

With the midterm elections three months away, Americans maintain a sour view on the state of the economy and are pessimistic about its future course, with President Joe Biden's approval rating across a range of issue areas continuing to suffer, according to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll.

More than two-thirds (69%) of Americans think the nation's economy is getting worse -- the highest that measure has reached since 2008, when it was 82% in an ABC News/Washington Post poll. Currently, only 12% think the economy is getting better and 18% think it is essentially staying the same.

Americans' views of Biden's handling of the economic recovery remain overwhelmingly negative -- and are virtually unchanged from the same poll in early June, with only 37% of Americans approving of the job the president is doing and 62% disapproving in the latest ABC News/Ipsos poll, which was conducted using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel.

The president's rating on inflation is even worse, with 29% of Americans saying they approve, while 69% disapprove. This number is also unchanged since June.

President Joe Biden speaks before signing two bills aimed at combating fraud in the COVID-19 small business relief programs, Aug. 5, 2022, at the White House in Washington.Evan Vucci/AP

The only area where Biden sees some improvement in this poll is on his handling of gas prices. Just over one in three Americans (34%) approve of the president's handling of gas prices -- up seven points since June.

This comes as the country has seen the average cost for a gallon of gas come down -- price drops celebrated by the White House.

The low confidence in Biden's handling of the economy and inflation comes on the heels of Friday's jobs report, which showed that 528,000 jobs were added in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Americans also saw the unemployment rate go down to 3.5%.

In a statement released Friday, Biden touted the July jobs report, saying that it shows that his administration is "making significant progress for working families."

When asked how enthusiastic they were about voting in November, the poll found that 75% of Republicans are either very or somewhat enthusiastic about voting, compared to 68% of Democrats and 49% of independents. In ABC News/Ipsos polls conducted in April and June this year, Republicans were more likely to report that they were very enthusiastic about voting than Democrats. That gap has narrowed to five points in this August poll.

There are other glimmers of hope for the Democrats in the latest ABC News/Ipsos poll when it comes to the potential impact abortion could have on how voters cast their ballots this November.

The poll asked voters which candidate they would support if one favored keeping abortion legal and available and the other candidate supported limiting abortion except to protect the mother's life. About half of Americans (49%) would be more likely to support the candidate who would keep access to abortion legal compared to the 27% of Americans who would be more likely to support the candidate who favors limiting abortion. Meanwhile, 22% of Americans say that abortion would not have an impact on how they would vote.

This comes after voters in the deep red state of Kansas voted to preserve the right to an abortion in the state's constitution, shocking the country in the first state-level test since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

In a statement from Biden on the defeat of Kansas's abortion amendment, he called on Congress to "listen to the will of the American people and restore the protections of Roe as federal law."

This ABC News/Ipsos poll was conducted using Ipsos Public Affairs' KnowledgePanel® August 5-6, 2022, in English and Spanish, among a random national sample of 665 adults. Results have a margin of sampling error of 4.2 points, including the design effect. Partisan divisions are 29-25-40 percent, Democrats-Republicans-independents. See the poll's topline results and details on the methodology here.

ABC News' Ken Goldstein and Dan Merkle contributed to this report.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
More than two-thirds (69%) of Americans think the nation's economy is getting worse -- the highest that measure has reached since 2008, when it was 82% in an ABC News/Washington Post poll. Currently, only 12% think the economy is getting better and 18% think it is essentially staying the same.

Be interesting to see what rocks those 12 and 18% have been hiding under, without access to the real world.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago
"Be interesting to see what rocks those 12 and 18% have been hiding under, without access to the real world."

Some seem to reside here abouts

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    2 years ago

Of course the economy will be the 800 lb. gorilla.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

Interestingly, some folks here think the economy is great and will have no effect on the midterms!

Silly rabbits.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    2 years ago

Who thinks the economy is great?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    2 years ago

Some participants here seem to.

I can think of one who was touting how good the economy was right up until December of last year, when he strangely went silent on it.

The poll says 12% think it is improving while 18% think it is the same.

You should ask the people conducting the poll if you want more specifics.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    2 years ago
Who thinks the economy is great?

President Biden although he has problems pronouncing economists. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.3    2 years ago

Where do you find Biden claiming the economy is great?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.5  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.4    2 years ago

Less than a month ago...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.5    2 years ago

Press secretaries making editorial comments and headlines that do not reflect what Biden said does not cut it.

Biden has stated the the foundation of the economy is strong and this his plan will produce a steady, stable growth.   He touts the good news of the economy (job market is strong) while acknowledging the obvious problems of high prices and continued inflation.

When a PotUS states that his key priority is inflation, it is a bit silly to argue that he thinks the economy is 'great'.

Texan@2.1.6, I went through your links.   Get past the headlines and you will not find Biden arguing that the economy is 'great' but that it has a strong foundation, some good news, and that he continues to fight inflation and the economic consequence of same.

Inflation is my key problem ≠  the economy is great

By the way, I don't buy Biden's argument that his plan is going to work, but that is not the point.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.7    2 years ago

Gee, just gotta love the spin.

SMH

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    2 years ago

I focus on what Biden actually said in contrast to you offering headlines by others.   Instead of offering a cogent rebuttal you simply claim what I wrote was spin.  

Here, watch Biden actually speaking of the economy and show me how you think this translates into 'Biden thinks the economy is great'.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.9    2 years ago

Biden was touting the economy last year and has already told you inflation was merely temporary or transitional. So what changed?

You asked for links, they were provided, and yet you still doubt the President.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    2 years ago
You asked for links, they were provided, and yet you still doubt the President.

Supplying links that do not support your claim is a slimy tactic.

Biden was touting the economy last year and has already told you inflation was merely temporary or transitional. So what changed?

When I observe Biden speaking on the economy (watch the video), he spends plenty of time acknowledging the problems and the pain people are experiencing and then speaks of the good points of the economy and his plan for steady stable growth.

How that translates into your mind that Biden thinks the economy is great is quite remarkable.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.12  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.7    2 years ago
you will not find Biden arguing that the economy is 'great'

Well, Texan specifically said that Biden does not say the economy is doing "great" in his post with the links, so to rehash something already said for an attempt at points was a fail.

One day soon you will find that the foundation of the economy is not strong.

What will you call the economy in October if we find it has retracted once again?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.12    2 years ago
Well, Texan specifically said that Biden does not say the economy is doing "great" in his post with the links, so to rehash something already said for an attempt at points was a fail.

Show me where Biden is stating that the economy is 'great'; even using equivalent synonyms.    Attempt to objectively consider what he (not someone else) is stating. 

I delivered an actual speech by Biden on the economy.   Watch the speech, listen to what the man says.   Objectively.    It is simply not possible for someone to state that his top priority is to deal with inflation and acknowledge the pain and suffering that people are dealing with economically and have that mean that he thinks the economy is 'great'.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.4    2 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.15  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.13    2 years ago
Show me where Biden is stating that the economy is 'great'

My God, do you not understand what is responded to you? I specifically posted "Biden does not say the economy is doing "great" in his post with the links"

"even using equivalent synonyms"

Even you acknowledged that the WH is saying the foundation to the economy is strong. It is not.

Why do you insist on arguing something that does not exist?

Now, again, what will you say the economy is in if quarterly data in October shows it retracted for a third quarter?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.14    2 years ago

Does a pep talk that summarizes as:  we are working to make the economy great mean the economy is great?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.15    2 years ago
Even you acknowledged that the WH is saying the foundation to the economy is strong. It is not.

Yeah, bugsy, Biden stated that our economy has a strong foundation.   Saying that a burned down home that is being rebuilt has a strong foundation is not the same as saying:  well we have rebuilt the home and it is great.

Why do you insist on arguing something that does not exist?

What??? 

When I observe Biden speaking on the economy (watch the video), he spends plenty of time acknowledging the problems and the pain people are experiencing and then speaks of the good points of the economy and his plan for steady stable growth.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    2 years ago

Is his slogan MEGA?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.15    2 years ago
I specifically posted "Biden does not say the economy is doing "great" in his post with the links"

Slimy.   You cut off my sentence:

TiG @2.1.13Show me where Biden is stating that the economy is 'great'; even using equivalent synonyms.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.18    2 years ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif    Good one.   In effect, that is what he is promising.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.20    2 years ago

The Inflation Reduction Act is named from an Orwellian construct, the should have gone with BBB (-).

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.22  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.17    2 years ago
Yeah, bugsy, Biden stated that our economy has a strong foundatio

We are in a recession, contrary to the definition changers on the left. There is no strong foundation because Biden screwed the improvement to the economy Trump did coming out of COVID the day he came into office.

"What??? "

You kept insisting that Texan said Biden stated the economy was great. I specifically pointed out to you that Texan specifically did not say that in any of his links.

Now, for the third time..

what will you say the economy is in if quarterly data in October shows it retracted for a third quarter?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.21    2 years ago

I find the dishonest labeling of bills to be disgusting.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.24  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.19    2 years ago
You cut off my sentence:

I did, but if you read and understood the entirety of my post, you will see that I included it farther down, and responded to it.

Claiming something that was not done is...

Slimy

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.22    2 years ago
You kept insisting that Texan said Biden stated the economy was great. I specifically pointed out to you that Texan specifically did not say that in any of his links.

Start @2.1 and follow the context.   Faux obtuseness is a slimy tactic.

what will you say the economy is in if quarterly data in October shows it retracted for a third quarter?

What does my opinion on the economy have to do with Biden's position other than you trying to deflect from an obviously lost argument?

The economy is technically in recession if we have two consecutive quarters of negative growth in the GDP.   What bizarre stereotype do you have in your mind that makes you think I would state otherwise?   If we have three consecutive quarters of negative growth in the GDP then that would counteract all other factors that people are using to argue that we are not currently in a recession and we would clearly be in a recession.

What answer did you think I would give to such a question??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.26  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.24    2 years ago
Claiming something that was not done is... Slimy

You cut off my sentence and responded to the cut off portion.   If you had left the entire sentence intact you could not reply as you did.   You intentionally cut off the last portion of my sentence so that you could reply to a misrepresentation.   That is slimy.

Who do you think you are fooling with this lame tactic?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.27  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.26    2 years ago
You cut off my sentence and responded to the cut off portion.   If you had left the entire sentence intact you could not reply as you did

It doesn't matter if I posted with or without the entire sentence as it would have been the same outcome either way....correct.

It is obvious you realized you screwed up and went back and read the whole post instead of knee jerking a response to a portion of the post.

You do you think you are fooling with this lame tactic.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.28  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.25    2 years ago
Start @2.1 and follow the context

I don't need to. You stated Texan accused Biden of saying the economy is great. I pointed out to you that you are wrong, he did not do that. Bad form to make false accusations.

The slimy false obtuseness is on you....and a slimy tactic.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.29  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.28    2 years ago

So, bugsy, do you think Biden has claimed that the economy is currently 'great' or equivalent to 'great'?     

Next, why did you ask me about the concept of a recession?    I answered your pointless deflection and you have nothing in response?   What did you think you were going to accomplish with that question?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.23    2 years ago

Agree

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.31  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.29    2 years ago
So, bugsy, do you think Biden has claimed that the economy is currently 'great' or equivalent to 'great'?   

Nope, nor have a alluded to him saying it. He has said the economy is strong. It is not when you are in a recession.

"what will you say the economy is in if quarterly data in October shows it retracted for a third quarter?"

No reason, just figured you were toeing the leftist line of definition changing. Pleasantly surprised you did not.

Kudos to you

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.32  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.11    2 years ago
Supplying links that do not support your claim is a slimy tactic.

I am positive you are an expert at that.

Pretending he didn't say all the things he has is pretty slimy, too.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.31    2 years ago
He has said the economy is strong

Where do you find Biden arguing that the economy is strong?    How do you in your mind translate making inflation a top priority and telling everyone that he understands the pain and suffering per this economy as claiming the economy is strong??

He said the foundation is strong;  not the economy.   I have explained the difference even with a clear analogy.   

No reason, just figured you were toeing the leftist line of definition changing. 

I figured it was presumption on your part.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.34  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.13    2 years ago
It is simply not possible for someone to state that his top priority is to deal with inflation

It's a damn shame he thought it merely temporary, or perhaps we wouldn't be experiencing the inflation we are now and HAVE been since his claim.

Gee, I wonder what would have happened had he taken it seriously back last year?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.32    2 years ago

Did you watch Biden's speech that I linked?   Where do you see him claiming the economy is currently in great shape?

Biden noted aspects of the economy that are good (e.g. the job market is good), stated that he knows people are still experiencing pain from the economy, that inflation is his top priority, and that he has a plan to make it all better.

That does not translate into 'the economy is great'.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.36  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.34    2 years ago

Focus on what we are discussing.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.37  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.33    2 years ago
Where do you find Biden arguing that the economy is stron

Semantics.

In my link in 2.1.5, the press secretary is quoted a saying ""We stronger economically than we have been in history,"

Now, by saying the strongest in history, you can pretty much say the WH is saying the economy is great but I digress. I don't know of any video, audio or direct quotes where Biden himself has said the economy is great, and neither have I alluded to it.

BTW, the press secretary is the spokesperson for Biden, so what she says, she is saying either what Biden said or what he believes. .

As far as the foundation being strong, I disagree. We just entered a recession and it is predicted it will get worse before it gets better.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.36    2 years ago

So no one was discussing the economy?

No one talked about inflation?

WTF are you going on about now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.39  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.36    2 years ago

BTW, please do quote me saying what you claim--that I said Biden said the economy was great. You have made that claim more than once, so back it up with a quote.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.39    2 years ago
BTW, please do quote me saying what you claim--that I said Biden said the economy was great.

I really don't understand why they keep arguing something that was never said. I pointed out to him that in 2.1.6 that you specifically said that Biden did not say the word "great".

It's almost like they want to argue just to argue.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.41  Snuffy  replied to  bugsy @2.1.40    2 years ago

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1.42  squiggy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.36    2 years ago

What? Chickenshit?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.43  Ender  replied to  bugsy @2.1.40    2 years ago

Yet you are the one that keeps bringing it up...

Just to argue?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.44  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.37    2 years ago

Do you understand the difference between Biden making a statement and a single sentence from a press secretary?   I gave you Biden speaking on the economy ... an entire speech.   You ignore Biden himself and instead leap to a single sentence from his press secretary.

Do you think that is being objective?    That is blind partisanship, nothing fair and balanced about it.

Now let's break this down:

First, she is not Biden.   Second, stronger is a relative term;  a sick person who has moved from ICU to general observation is getting strong er but is not yet strong.   Third, her use of history is unqualified so one must use basic common sense.   Do you really think that she is saying that ours is the strongest economy in history?   How about this:   imagine she was connoting that the economy is now strong er than it was in the history of this administration.   That would be more logical, right?   Strong er applied to recent history as opposed to ALL historical economies.   Right?

The contortions that some go through to find a way to interpret words to their liking ...  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

As far as the foundation being strong, I disagree.

Just amazing.   Guess you missed the home foundation analogy.   Our economy — the economy of the USA — has a strong foundation.   If that were not the case, we would be fucked.    Our foundation is based on our natural resources, our USD, our history of GDP, our leadership, our expertise, our collective private sector and all that is provides, etc.   If we did not have a strong foundation then the pain we are experiencing now would not compare.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.45  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.44    2 years ago
Do you understand the difference between Biden making a statement and a single sentence from a press secretary?   I gave you Biden speaking on the economy ... an entire speech.   You ignore Biden himself and instead leap to a single sentence from his press secretary. Do you think that is being objective?    That is blind partisanship, nothing fair and balanced about it.

The WH routinely issues statements clarifying what the President has said. This is one example.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.46  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.39    2 years ago

What is the problem, Texan, you cannot keep track of your own claims?:

Texan @2.1 Interestingly, some folks here think the economy is great and will have no effect on the midterms!

TiG @2.1.1 Who thinks the economy is great?

DoW @2.1.3 President Biden although he has problems pronouncing economists. 

TiG @2.1.4 Where do you find Biden claiming the economy is great?

Now, watch what happens next, Texan.   Pay close attention as you reply to my 2.1.4 with links.   Note the question I asked and look at who answered the question with links (all of which have headlines whose content does not match the headline):

Texan @2.1.6 Biden touts economic success on Kimmel; Americans respond | Fox News

Biden Touts Employment Data as White House Insists Economy Strong - Bloomberg

JUST IN: President Biden Knocks Republicans, Touts Economic Record In Response To May Jobs Report - YouTube

Columbus on the Record | President Biden Touts His Economic Plan In Cleveland | Season 17 | Episode 38 | PBS

Now, Biden might not have actually used the word 'great', but surely that is what is being conveyed .

You ended your linking answer by admitting Biden never used the word 'great' but you insist that is what he meant.

So, Texan, clear up your position.

Do you hold that Biden thinks the economy is great or not?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.47  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.45    2 years ago
The WH routinely issues statements clarifying what the President has said. This is one example.

What nonsense.   You have an entire economic speech delivered by Biden himself vs. a single sentence from his press secretary that was sufficiently vague to allow you to play partisan recasting games.

A speech on the economy from Biden himself  vs. one sentence from his press secretary.

Do you believe thinking people are going to buy the bullshit you are selling?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.48  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.46    2 years ago
You ended your linking answer by admitting Biden never used the word 'great' but you insist that is what he meant.

Your need to rehash clear statements is not something I relish, so I will leave that to you. 

So, Texan, clear up your position. Do you hold that Biden thinks the economy is great or not?

I am not a fan of folks who are deliberately obtuse.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.49  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.47    2 years ago
Do you believe thinking people are going to buy the bullshit you are selling?

I am not selling anything.

What are you in the market for?

Perhaps I can help.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.50  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.44    2 years ago
Do you understand the difference between Biden making a statement and a single sentence from a press secretary? 

Sure do. The press secretary, as much as an idiot she is, is the official mouthpiece for the WH and....wait for it....the president. How many times has she been asked about something and she, and every PS before her, say, "well, the president thinks". THAT is speaking for the president.

Not my fault words confuse you.

As far as the foundation, the economic foundation ebbs and flows depending on the current condition of the country. Right now, that foundation is in decline. The country's economy is in decline. That makes for a weaker foundation.

Not my fault you don't like it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.51  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.50    2 years ago
Sure do. 

Your words show otherwise since you continue to merely insist that a vague sentence from the Press secretary overrides ( per your specific interpretation ) an entire speech by Biden himself.   

As far as the foundation, the economic foundation ebbs and flows depending on the current condition of the country. Right now, that foundation is in decline. The country's economy is in decline. That makes for a weaker foundation.

That is nonsense.   Nobody with an understanding of economics would say that the economic foundation of the USA is not strong.   ( And do not play semantic games with 'weaker' since that does not connote to 'not strong'. )   Our economy is in temporary and predictable decline, our foundation remains strong.   In other words, it is entirely expected that we will recover from this downturn and return to a growing GDP.    

On the foundation of our economy:  .

Despite facing challenges at the domestic level along with a rapidly transforming global landscape, the U.S. economy is still the largest and most important in the world. The U.S. economy represents about 20% of total global output, and is still larger than that of China. Moreover, according to the IMF, the U.S. has the sixth highest per capita GDP (PPP). The U.S. economy features a highly-developed and technologically-advanced services sector, which accounts for about 80% of its output. The U.S. economy is dominated by services-oriented companies in areas such as technology, financial services, healthcare and retail. Large U.S. corporations also play a major role on the global stage, with more than a fifth of companies on the Fortune Global 500 coming from the United States.

Even though the services sector is the main engine of the economy, the U.S. also has an important manufacturing base, which represents roughly 15% of output. The U.S. is the second largest manufacturer in the world and a leader in higher-value industries such as automobiles, aerospace, machinery, telecommunications and chemicals. Meanwhile, agriculture represents less than 2% of output. However, large amounts of arable land, advanced farming technology and generous government subsidies make the U.S. a net exporter of food and the largest agricultural exporting country in the world.

The U.S. economy maintains its powerhouse status through a combination of characteristics. The country has access to abundant natural resources and a sophisticated physical infrastructure. It also has a large, well-educated and productive workforce. Moreover, the physical and human capital is fully leveraged in a free-market and business-oriented environment. The government and the people of the United States both contribute to this unique economic environment. The government provides political stability, a functional legal system, and a regulatory structure that allow the economy to flourish. The general population, including a diversity of immigrants, brings a solid work ethic, as well as a sense of entrepreneurship and risk taking to the mix. Economic growth in the United States is constantly being driven forward by ongoing innovation, research and development as well as capital investment.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.52  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.51    2 years ago

Your attempt at saying the PS has nothing to do with the policies of the president has become boring and failed. Why even have a press secretary if all the president has to do is stand up, give one speech, and liberals will accept it as gospel. No media to ask questions and critique this ONE speech, oh, and let's not forget.....to clarify what the president said but "didn't mean". .

Face it, the press secretary is the face of the president on a daily basis. If you don't think so, then I suggest you write the White House to show them YOUR disapproval of having a press secretary. I'm sure they will readily get rid of her because YOU want it to happen.

Now, to satisfy your desire to always be right, no matter how wrong, I will concede that the foundation of the economy is strong, based on your link, but I ask one thing.

Don't twist those words and argue something I never said. You have become a master at it.

Ta Ta.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.53  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.52    2 years ago
I will concede that the foundation of the economy is strong, based on your link ...

That surprises me, but in a good way.

The rest of your post is bullshit:  still merely insisting that a vague sentence from the press secretary overrides ( per your specific interpretation ) an entire speech by Biden himself.   

Finally, objectively read your series of posts to me and see if that is how you would like me, et. al. to address you.  I could use your series of posts as a fine example of trolling:  insults and snark, all personal, and all intended to anger your interlocutor.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.54  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.53    2 years ago

"I could use your series of posts as a fine example of trolling:  insults and snark, all personal, and all intended to anger your interlocutor."

And Perrie insists you don't get personal in your posts...Pfffft.

You know what I wrote about the PS is not bullshit, you just hate being wrong, so persisting and arguing just to argue is the best thing for you. Wear down your opponent until they just give up with exasperation.

You can have this one to make you happy.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.55  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.54    2 years ago

Criticizing the content of your comments is different from making things personal .   See my response to your meta.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.56  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.1.54    2 years ago

Who is it that insisted we do not have a strong economy?   Who continues to merely insist that a vague sentence from the press secretary overrides ( per your specific interpretation ) an entire speech by Biden himself?

Look in the mirror, you are making allegations about the wrong person.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Hey, Joe, here's an idea.  Why not fight inflation by forcing everyone to buy new cars. that aren't available, at high interest rates?  That oughta do the trick.

Joe could call it the 'clunkers for cash' program; that has a nice ring to it.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Hey, Joe, here's another idea.  Why not let Medicare negotiate the price for abortion drugs?  It'd be a twofer.  Surely the CDC can show that the need for geriatric abortion is a national crisis.