╌>

NYC Mayor Adams suggests busing New Yorkers to Texas to campaign against Abbott for the 'good of America' | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Andrew Miller (Fox News)

NYC Mayor Adams suggests busing New Yorkers to Texas to campaign against Abbott for the 'good of America' | Fox News
New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Tuesday that he is "deeply contemplating" busing New Yorkers to Texas to campaign against Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New York City Mayor Eric Adams suggested he would bus New Yorkers down to Texas to campaign against Republican Gov. Greg Abbott for the "good of America" in response to Abbott's move to bus illegal immigrants from Texas to The Big Apple.

"I already called all my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their votes," Adams said during a news conference on Tuesday. "And I am deeply contemplating taking a busload of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because we have to, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."

A second busload of illegal immigrants arrived in New York City on Sunday as ordered by Abbott who has been shipping illegal border-crossers into liberal cities to bring attention to the issue of illegal immigration in his own state.

".@GregAbbottTX used innocent people as political pawns to manufacture a crisis," Adams tweeted on Sunday. "New Yorkers are stepping up to fix it — that's our city's values. But we need the federal government's help — money, technical assistance and more."New York City Mayor Eric Adams, left, and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (Getty Images)

Abbott has also been sending illegal immigrants to Washington, D.C., since April to protest the Biden administration's refusal to act on the border crisis plaguing Texas.

"In addition to Washington, D.C., New York City is the ideal destination for these migrants, who can receive the abundance of city services and housing that Mayor Eric Adams has boasted about within the sanctuary city," Abbott said in a statement on Friday.

He added: "I hope he follows through on his promise of welcoming all migrants with open arms so that our overrun and overwhelmed border towns can find relief."

Adams's comment about busing New Yorkers to Texas was widely mocked by conservatives on social media.

"What else is he going to do with his time, run a city?" Former Creative Director for Sen. Mitch McConnell Anang Mittal tweeted.

"Real genius idea," New York Post columnist Miranda Devine sarcastically tweeted.

Adams's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

Fox News' Bradford Betz contributed to this report

Andrew Mark Miller is a writer at Fox News. Find him on Twitter @andymarkmiller and email tips to AndrewMark.Miller@Fox.com.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
"I already called all my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their votes," Adams said during a news conference on Tuesday. "And I am deeply contemplating taking a busload of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because we have to, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."

I wonder if he called both his friends here?

Best wait until at least late October before shipping them down here, lest the New Yorkers melt in the Texas heat.

Rest assured, New Yorkers, Adams is on the job making everything swell for you!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago
I already called all my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their votes,"

And his friends were totally going to vote for Abbott until they got the call.

They were like "Eric, I was gonna vote for Wheels, but now that you've explained how we should have to face the entire damned migration problem on our own, I'm buying a Beto sign for the front yard."

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Jack_TX @1.1    2 years ago

Just read that on my MSN feed how upset Adams was , and that he is "contemplating " taking a bus load of new yorkers down to texas on a door knocking excurtion to campaign against abbot .

my comment was i would love to watch that happen , as soon as that NY accent was heard , one of 2 sounds would follow , either hysterical laughter , or gunshots .......  thinking about it now, maybe both ....

i know how i would feel about some out of stater coming in state telling me how i should vote ... hope they like the taste of arm pit as i shove their clip board the full 30 inch reach i have down their throat and tell them to go fornicate themselves .

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

What  a crazy person. He supports the policy causing the problem, but just doesn't want to have to deal with it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago
What  a crazy person. He supports the policy causing the problem, but just doesn't want to have to deal with it. 

It's always just a little different when you have to actually deal with some of the consequences of those policies.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 years ago

He's throwing a hissy fit because NY has a total of 4,000 illegal aliens to deal with.  Texas has to handle that influx every single day. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    2 years ago
He's throwing a hissy fit because NY has a total of 4,000 illegal aliens to deal with.  Texas has to handle that influx every single day.

Perhaps Adams can use this to his advantage.

He can now truly claim his is a sanctuary city and no one will be able to refute it.

Maybe even more will be able to take advantage of his generosity.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4  Gazoo    2 years ago

adams was critical of many of deblasio’s policies and he has a background in LE. I remember thinking that he might be a pretty good mayor for NY city. It turns out he’s just another shit for brains politician.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    2 years ago

Lol .... who knew Adams was such a nimrod.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sparty On @5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_43_smiley_image.gif