I have something to say about TDS

By:  John Russell  •  2 months ago  •  74 comments

I have something to say about TDS

Leave a comment to auto-join group Down With Trump

Down With Trump

I have something to say about those who incessantly babble on about TDS.  These are people who use the acronym TDS all day long as they communicate on their social media , under the delusion that they are convincingly defending their god, Donald Trump.

Go fuck yourselves.

Now I know this may not apply to anyone on this site, because our Trump supporters may not be like that, but I will apply it to whoever the shoe fits.

There is an overwhelming body of opinion that concludes that Trump is not fit to hold office, in truth this is a belief of many tens of millions of Americans. Since this belief is that he should not be in office , this applies to every day, not just the end of his term.  There are Trump supporters who seemed to have believed that once Trump "won" the election, he would be given free rein to lie cheat and  steal, and be a bigot, for the next four years, criticism free.  Didnt quite happen like that did it?When Trump was elected, tens of millions of Americans became "the resistance", and it is not an exaggeration to say that many of these people have opposed Trump every single day of his 1200 and whatever days in office. And they will oppose him every day he is still here, in office, be it one day, one month, six months, ten months, or four more years.  There is no timetable, it is until he is gone.

It doesnt bother me that much personally to have someone tell me they think I have this imaginary condition called TDS, but it does bother me that this is used as a means to try and normalize Donald Trump.  We can't let Trump be normalized, and every day there are forces who want him normalized, so this is a sort of war. So be it.

1  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

THE PARTY OF LIFE EMBRACES TRUMP'S GDP DEATH CULT

Matt Lewis

In  the last 24 hours, it has become clear that, despite warnings from experts like Dr. Fauci, Donald Trump is willing to sacrifice lives to try and save the economy and his chances for re-election. The amazing thing is that some of his prominent supporters are starting to say the silent part out loud. Consider the comments of Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson, who, a few days ago, said, “We don’t shut down our economy because tens of thousands of people die on the highways. It’s a risk we accept so we can move about. We don’t shut down our economies because tens of thousands of people die from the common flu.”

In other words, we take inherent risks all the time. Why should a global pandemic be any different? Johnson went on to add that “getting coronavirus is not a death sentence except for maybe no more than 3.4 percent of our population, (and) I think probably far less.”When I signed up to be a columnist, I was told there’d be no math. Still, I’m pretty sure Johnson just said he was comfortable with millions of Americans dying of coronavirus—so long as it doesn’t disrupt economic activity. Even if you accept that those millions of deaths, and the burden placed on our hospitals leading up to them, wouldn’t disrupt economic activity, is this the rhetoric of a man who believes that every life is precious? Is this the rhetoric of a man who believes in the dignity of human life? It sure doesn’t sound like it to me.

Trump echoed this ends-justify-the-means logic Monday night and the ghoulish and utilitarian worldview that defines one death as a tragedy, 100,000 as a statistic. This logic is spreading among Republicans. Consider the comments Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick made Monday night on Fox News: “No one reached out to me and said as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren. And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”He went on to add, “I feel like as the president said, the mortality rate is so low, do we have to shut down the whole country for this? I think we can get back to work.” I’m old enough to remember when conservatives worried that Obamacare rationing would lead to “death panels” whereby older patients would be deemed too sick and expensive to help. After all, why throw good money after bad?

A few short years later, and it is Republicans who are making a shockingly similar rationalization.Patrick might be willing to be collateral damage, but I’m not sure everyone over the age of 70 will be so eager to sacrifice their lives on the altar of the stock market—nor am I sure their loved ones would approve of a government willing to sacrifice the lives of our most weak and vulnerable for (I suppose) the greater good of the fatherland. These are, after all, our moms and dads, aunts and uncles, friends, and grandparents he’s talking about. But I guess you’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Maybe the old and the weak should make room so that the young and virile can thrive?This is a weird turn of events for the party of life.

Look, I get the need for economic activity, and it’s fair to suggest that economic considerations (which, let’s be honest, can and do impact our health), should be part of the discussion. Unfortunately, we have skipped over that nuanced discussion and gone straight to Republicans rationalizing the idea that we can just wipe out a million or so people to fix the economy. There has long been a tension between capitalism and cultural conservatism. At its worst, fiscal conservatives are accused of practicing a sort of social Darwinism that encourages a “survival of the fittest” worldview. And at their best, social conservatives have advocated the dignity of human life. These things are sometimes at odds. But rarely have these “cultural contradictions of capitalism” been more clearly at odds than this debate. And guess which side is going to win?

Ultimately, we have a political party that has shown its true colors. Look no further than its standard-bearer. Consider his selfish motivations and petty behavior. Consider his long-held worldview that sees some people as genetic winners and some people as losers. This is a man who responded to a pandemic by thinking, “How can I be on TV more?” It’s truly depraved. If human life and GDP become mutually exclusive for a pandemic-stricken America, which one do you think he’s going to choose? I think we already know the answer to that one.

squiggy
1.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 months ago

[(No value)]

Sparty On
2  Sparty On    2 months ago

Oh simmer down John. Its still a free country in spite of what you would promote.

TDS is a clear and undeniable case of red-ass that goes back to the 2016 election where all y'all said Trump never had a chance but he won and now we have a major portion of this country that has chronic red ass.   Or in other words .....  TDS.

That said i won't tell you to go fuck yourself as i refuse to hold that kind of hate in my heart for anyone except commie pinko reds and TP hoarders.

I really do hate those guys .......

2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

: : " There are none so blind as those who will not see.

The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. The proverb has been traced back in English to 1546 (John Heywood), and resembles the Biblical verse quoted (above). In 1738, it was used by Jonathan Swift in his 'Polite Conversation,' and is first attested in the United States in the 1713 'Works of Thomas Chalkley'..."

2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

You have mentioned TDS on this forum, at this point I would imagine, hundreds of times. Its kind of your go to all purpose excuse for Trump.

TDS does not exist.  It isnt possible to too strongly oppose someone who is not fit for office.

Sparty On
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    2 months ago
TDS does not exist.

I refer you to the quote made in 2.1 above.   Apply, lather, rinse.    Repeat as necessary.

It isnt possible to too strongly oppose someone who is not fit for office.

I agree which is why i voted the way i did in 2016.

gooseisgone
2.2.2  gooseisgone  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    2 months ago

[no value]

Ronin2
2.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    2 months ago

The funny thing is the Democrats thought Hillary was fit to hold office. She is more vile than Trump on his worst day; but you still voted for her.  Everyone in flyover country knew the score with her. If you didn't have money heading her way, or weren't on the leftist coasts, she had no use for you.

As for TDS- sufferers are always in constant denial.

2.2.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.3    2 months ago
She is more vile than Trump on his worst day; but you still voted for her.

That is freaking delusional.

Greg Jones
2.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.4    2 months ago

No, it's true John, she would have been a friggen disaster. To think of Hillary trying to handle this pandemic is enough to make me "shutter".

2.2.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.4    2 months ago
That is freaking delusional.

How is it delusional?  Would like to see your "proof"

user image
2.2.7    replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    2 months ago
TDS does not exist...TDS does not exist...TDS does not exist...

JohnRussell
2.2.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.6    2 months ago

You must not know much about Trump.

2.2.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.8    2 months ago

What I want is for you to provide proof that what Ronin2 said in 2.2.3   as delusional.  Or is this just you running off at the mouth again?

2.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.9    2 months ago
As for TDS- sufferers are always in constant denial.

Come on Jeremy, that is hardly an unbiased opinion.

The People's Fish, Still "Hand Of The Queen"
2.2.11  The People's Fish, Still "Hand Of The Queen"  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.10    2 months ago

Good News, there is a vaccine now.

JohnRussell
2.2.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.9    2 months ago

What Ronin said is that Hillary Clinton is more vile than Trump.

Now what is it you want proof of?

Show us proof that Clinton has lied to the American people 16,000 times.

I know you believe all the conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton. You probably think she's had 140 people killed as the rwnj conspiracists say.

There is no fact checker on earth that agrees with that.

I actually could post a mountain of "evidence" that Trump is vile. If you would like to send me a check to make it worthwhile I will do so. It would take some time to organize all the available evidence that Trump is vile.

But I'm not going to spend a lot of time copying and pasting information that the "deplorables" will dismiss out of hand anyway.

MUVA
2.2.13  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.12    2 months ago

The Clinton team that is Bill and Hillary  has lied 4 million  times.

2.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.12    2 months ago
Now what is it you want proof of?

Proof that Ronin2's comment is delusional.  YOU made the claim, YOU back it up.

Show us proof that Clinton has lied to the American people 16,000 times.

There is no fact checker on earth that agrees with that.

Blah, blah,blah,blah.  Quit deflecting and provide the proof that supports your claim.

2.2.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MUVA @2.2.13    2 months ago

But remember, it's only Trump that matters.

JohnRussell
2.2.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.14    2 months ago

You are twisting my words and being purposely obtuse with your question.

2.2.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.16    2 months ago

I'm not twisting anything or being obtuse about anything.  It was a straight forward statement - you claimed that somebody's statement was delusional, I want you to back up you statement.  What makes it delusional?  Do you not understand what I'm asking of you?

MUVA
2.2.18  MUVA  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.17    2 months ago

I wish they had never used the word obtuse in the movie Shawshank redemption because some don't understand what it means. It maybe the most misused word on this site after gaslighting.

arkpdx
2.2.19  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    2 months ago

"TDS does not exist. "

Of course it exists. It exists just as much as ODS existed during the last administration.

2.2.20  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.16    2 months ago

I guess your silence is an indication that you CANNOT prove Ronin2's comment as "delusional" outside of your own opinion.

2.2.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MUVA @2.2.18    2 months ago

And have you noticed the people that throw that word out are actually the ones who don't understand?

JohnRussell
2.2.22  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.20    2 months ago

Jeremy, I will tell you what I tell everyone when it comes up.  I dont answer stupid questions.

If I started answering stupid questions here, there would be no end to it.

2.2.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.22    2 months ago

So you don't have a damn thing outside of your OPINION.

It's not like I actually expect you to back up ANYTHING you say.

JohnRussell
2.2.24  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.23    2 months ago

I could post many examples of Trump being a known liar crook, bigot, moron, and cheat.

I know what they are and I know where to find them and I know how to post them here.

It would be easy, but time consuming.   I choose what and when I post , not people that ask stupid questions.

Donald Trump was , for a while, the nation's head birther Jeremy.  In 2011 he made claims that Obama needed to produce his long form birth certificate so Trump could see it.  Obama was the nation's first black president, and in office at the time. Never in the history of this country has a sitting president been told he needed to produce "identity papers".

In 2008, and 2009 the state of Hawaii had OFFICIALLY announced that state dept of health officials had personally inspected Obama's original birth certificate in the state archives.

Twice.

Was Trump too damn dumb or lazy to call the governor of Hawaii's office and ask them if they could verify Obama's birth certificate?  Yes he was.   He went out and promoted a racist conspiracy theory that had already been debunked by the controlling authority of the state of Hawaii.

He's a fucking lowlife piece of crap.

Wheel
2.2.25  Wheel  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.5    2 months ago

First, it's 'Shudder' Shutters are on windows.

[deleted]

2.2.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.24    2 months ago

Why do you keep trying to avoid my statement?  Provide proof that Ronin2's comment is delusional or just capitulate already.

JohnRussell
2.2.27  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.26    2 months ago

Avoid you? LOL.  If I were avoiding you I wouldnt be replying. I told you I dont answer stupid questions.

2.2.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.27    2 months ago
I told you I dont answer stupid questions.

Not a stupid question.  I've seen you make the exact same statement.  And here we are, you ignoring my statement about providing proof while you go on and on about completely unrelated things.

JohnRussell
2.2.29  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.26    2 months ago

Donald Trump said he had sent detectives to Hawaii who found "incredible" things about Obama's birth certificate.  Then these detectives disappeared off the face of the earth. Trump never named them , never even said what they found.

Of course they didnt exist.  He was lying.  Like he lied when he said he was personally selecting the instructors at Trump university and said he knew many of them.  Lied about that too.  He didnt know those people from Adam.

I will never run out of material about Trump, although I might get bored.

2.2.30  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.29    2 months ago
Donald Trump said he had sent detectives to Hawaii who found....

Again, you are deflecting.  Exactly what makes what Ronin2 said in  2.2.3 as delusional.

JohnRussell
2.2.31  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.30    2 months ago

We're done.

arkpdx
2.2.32  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.31    2 months ago

And the winner by unanimous decision is......

JEREMY!!!

Congradulations

2.2.33  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.31    2 months ago

Thought so.  You can't justify your comment.

2.2.34  author  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.32    2 months ago
And the winner by unanimous decision is......

JEREMY!!!

Thats even funnier than the usual stuff we see here.

2.2.35  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.32    2 months ago

Now that I've "won" an argument with a liberal, does that mean I have to include "Racist" and "Bigot" in my name?

Sparty On
2.2.36  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.35    2 months ago

That’s a masters degree here.   Your PhD comes when you get told to fuck off.

I have a couple NT PhD’s from several NTer professors.

JohnRussell
2.2.37  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.35    2 months ago
Now that I've "won" an argument with a liberal

I've always said Trump supporters are delusional.

We didnt even have an argument.  I'm going easy on you.

2.2.38  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.36    2 months ago

Damn.  Looks like I keep working on it.

2.2.39  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.37    2 months ago
I've always said Trump supporters are delusional.

And I'm still waiting on the proof of that statement.

I'm going easy on you.

The only thing you did was deflect.

bugsy
2.2.40  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.24    2 months ago

The problem is you have posted hundreds, if not thousands of anti Trump tirades and have been asked many times to show proof of any of your accusations, yet you refuse. You always come back with something about the CoC doesn't allow you to respond the way you want.

I believe the CoC encourages truth telling, but by you saying you can't respond per the CoC, says alot about what you believe is the truth.

2.2.41  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.2.40    2 months ago

That may be the most insane thing I've ever read on this site.

I have posted literally hundreds of items about the dysfunction of this president, both before and after he was elected. Almost all of what I post is from main stream media.  I dont post ridiculous conspiracy theories like you and your friends here do.

Your comments to me are consistently absurd, and I am going to ask Perrie to bar you from commenting to me, or about me.

I dont mind kicking your ass on this forum, actually I enjoy it, but I am not allowed to because when I do speak up about you and your friends it gets deleted.

bugsy
2.2.42  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.41    2 months ago

Every bit of it opinion and TDS inflicted.

Almost all of what I post is from main stream media.

And therein lies your problem.

and I am going to ask Perrie to bar you from commenting to me, or about me.

Go ahead. I don't care. You've done it before. I just sat back and watched you get your ass handed to you by other posters....every....single....day.

I dont mind kicking your ass on this forum, actually I enjoy it,

You must have me confused with someone else. It's never happened with me.....or any other conservative poster on here, from what I've seen.

2.2.43  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.2.42    2 months ago
Almost all of what I post is from main stream media. And therein lies your problem.

This is your problem, you listen to conspiracy nuts, Fox News, Limbaugh and Breitbart.  Or similar.

Someone who writes off "mainstream media" as a news source isnt worth giving the time of day to.

Newstalkers unfortunately has a policy that all opinions are equal. Therefore the most ridiculous thoughts and comments are presented on Newstalkers as if they make as much sense as people who know what they are talking about.  That gives people like you the illusion that you are "winning".   Remember "alternative facts"?   That is what the world gets from Trump and his followers.

bugsy
2.2.44  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.43    2 months ago
Newstalkers unfortunately has a policy that all opinions are equal

That's quite fascist of you.

Censorship of those you disagree with must be your best friend.

2.2.45  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.2.42    2 months ago

I dont mind kicking your ass on this forum, actually I enjoy it,

Actually I havent. I dont even flag except once in a blue moon. Ask the mods, they will tell you.

Bugsy, how many articles have you written or seeded on Newstalkers?  How many times when you make a comment do you include a link to pertinent information?  I havent seen it other than maybe a scattered time or two.  What do you ever do to support your "arguments" ? All I see is hot air and love of right wing talking points.  Oh and attacks on Hillary Clinton and Obama, people who havent been relevant for 3 1/2 years.  I have posted hundreds of seeds and articles on this forum, thousands of links. Thousands.  I dont go into elaborate detail in articles that much anymore, although I used to, because it is basically a waste of time on Newstalkers. The people who need information the most here are not open to it, and frankly never will be.  Right wing media has destroyed the thinking of an entire generation of people on a site like this.

Donald Trump was a birther, not only a birther but the king birther. In and of itself that should have disqualified him in peoples minds as a presidential candidate. In and of itself.  For one thing it showed he is a moron. Two years and three years before Trump began spreading lies about Obama the state of Hawaii had officially announced they had and had examined Obama's long form birth certificate. They had to do it twice, once in 2008 and then another time in 2009 because so many tea party types continued to try and spread birther lies.

So by 2011 when trump got into it was KNOWN , KNOWN, that birtherism was bullshit. In comes Trump.   He is a fool.

In and of itself that should have disqualified him.  And those are facts. Trump could have called the governors office in Hawaii and they would have TOLD HIM that there was no mystery about Obamas birth certificate.  In 2011 Trump was supposedly a world class businessman, and he couldnt figure out to ask the people in hawaii about the birth certificate? Of course the answer is he wasnt interested in the truth, he was interested in lying.

If I post the announcements by the state of Hawaii that they had inspected Obamas birth certificate, will you shut the fuck up?

Of course not. I could do the same for Trump University.  For Trump's bankruptcies, for his stiffing of contractors, for his paying himself bonuses while his investors were losing their money when his casinos failed, for his and his families tax fraud, for his promotion of multi level marketing (pyramid schemes), for his racial bigotry, and we know the evidence of his time in office. The adults in his room , Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly have all either called him a moron or said as much in nicer terms. As have many others. He is on video asking America's enemy Russia, to interfere in the 2016 campaign. Its on video. Trumpsters dont care. He LIED , to the American people, about his "business" in Russia. He was trying, while he was running for president of the United States , to make a deal for a Trump development in Moscow. Do you think the president of the United States should own a property in Moscow which would be an inherent conflict of interest in tough negotiations with Putin?  Trump lied about it, because he knew if he told the truth he would probably lose the election.  He lied 68 times about the Ukraine whistleblower.  He said the whistleblower was inaccurate when the truth is the whistleblowers account matched trumps own transcript of the phone call almost entirely.

When the fuck are people like you going to stop whining on this site and crying this TDS bullshit and start presenting your opinions in a coherent way with content that doesnt include attacking people who are able to actually present their arguments?

bugsy
2.2.46  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.45    2 months ago

The problem, John, is you only see the negatives of the one man that occupies the White House not named Hillary. That's it. There is absolutely nothing in your rant that disqualifies him as being president. The Constitution says 35 years old and a natural born citizen. Nothing more.

All other "requirements" are decided on by the people in this country eligible to vote.

I'm not going into detail with your rant because I'm sure my IQ dropped a few points just by reading it, but here are a few points that stood out.

Birtherism....A birth certificate was produced in Hawaii by Loretta Fuddy, a Hawaii official, that soon after producing the certificate, died in a plane crash. She was the only one that died. Coincidence? Maybe Conspiracy? Maybe also. Problem is, it still put doubts about Obama in people's minds, including Trump. Thankfully, Trump dropped his "investigation" and most Americans moved on.

Never did any such thing. At the time of your accusation, Hillary's server was in an FBI storeroom, and had been for about a year collecting dust. Maybe you can show us how to hack an unplugged, in a storeroom, server.

There has never been any proof of this, only lib media saying so with their favorite sources.....unknown. But even if they did, he is still president no matter what they had to say.

I never followed this because he was not president, only a candidate, ergo not illegal, so how much of it is true, I'm sure you can produce that "truth" s/

EVERYTHING Trump said about the leaker turned out to be true. He is nothing more than an anti Trumper with ties to lying shifty Schiff. There was an obvious agenda.

You cry constantly about how people attack you, but then you produce this. You have never presented any argument except wah, wah, wah, Trump lies and he's not fit to be President.

Guess what....he is still your President. I honestly feel bad for you when he is overwhelmingly re-elected. The next half decade is really going to suck for you.

2.2.47  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.2.46    2 months ago

I'm not going to reply to everything you just said, although I could, I would just as soon let it go.

Ill use this one example of how you are just not up to it.  Your answer to my facts is a conspiracy theory.

Loretta Fuddy is NOT the person who examined Obamas birth certificate in the Hawaii archives.

This was in 2009

HONOLULU -- In an attempt to quash persistent rumors that President Obama was not born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, Hawaii's health director reiterated this afternoon that she has personally seen Obama's birth certificate in the Health Department's archives.

" I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barrack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."

On Oct. 31, Fukino originally tried to put an end to the belief among so-called "birthers" that Obama was not born in the United States and thus was ineligible to run for the office of president.

2.2.48  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.47    2 months ago

The Hawaiian state health official who personally reviewed Barack Obama's original birth certificate has affirmed again that the document is "real" and denounced "conspiracy theorists" in the so-called "birther" movement for continuing to spread bogus claims about the issue.

"It’s kind of ludicrous at this point," Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the former director of Hawaii's Department of Health, said in a rare telephone interview with NBC.

Fukino, sounding both exasperated and amused, spoke to a reporter in the aftermath of Donald Trump's statements  on the NBC Today show last week  questioning whether Obama has a legitimate birth certificate.

Trump, who says he is considering a run for president, repeated his claims on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, saying that "nobody has any information" about the president's birth and that "if he wasn't born in this country, he shouldn't be president of the United States."

No matter what state officials release on the issue, the "birthers" are going to question it, said Fukino. "They’re going to question the ink on which it was written or say it was fabricated," said Fukino. "The whole thing is silly."

As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.

"It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that," Fukino said. Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

Her second point — one she made repeatedly in the interview — is that the shorter, computer generated "certification of live birth" that was obtained by the Obama campaign in 2007 and has since been publicly released is the standard document that anybody requesting their birth certificate from the state of Hawaii would receive from the health department.

The document was distributed to the Obama campaign in 2007 after Obama, at the request of a campaign official, personally signed a Hawaii birth certificate request form downloaded on the Internet, according to a former campaign official who asked for anonymity. (Obama was "testy" when asked to sign the form but did so anyway to put the issue to rest, the former campaign official said. The White House has dismissed all questions about the president's birth as "fictional nonsense.")

The certification that the campaign received back — which shows that Obama was born in Honolulu at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961  — was based on the content of the original document in state files, Fukino said.

bugsy
2.2.49  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.47    2 months ago

I did not say it WAS a conspiracy. No need to argue something I never said. You will probably lose that one, too.

No? So are you saying CNN is lying now? (I know, rhetorical question)

"Loretta Fuddy, the Hawaii official who confirmed the authenticity of President Obama's birth record in Hawaii, died Wednesday night in a small-plane crash".

Are you saying Ms Fuddy confirmed the authenticity without looking at the certificate?

Look, I get it. You hate me simply because you blindly hate someone, in your opinion, that is not eligible or fit to be president. Thankfully, we live in a society where one person's opinion means very, very little in a country of about 130 million voters.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 months ago

I bet you a 30-roll pack of 3-ply quilted Charmin that you had to rent an off-site storage area to house your personal TP stash.

Sparty On
2.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3    2 months ago

And like is so usual here, you would be wrong.   Want to go double or nothing on hand sanitizer?    No?    Then pull that 30 pack off the top of your mountain of TP and send it to Michigan.

Much appreciated.

3  Paula Bartholomew    2 months ago

This thing has now landed in Trump's back yard.  There was a dinner party at one of his golf resorts here and people came up positive afterwards, to include to ex mayors.

3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    2 months ago

Make that "two" ex mayors, not "to".jrSmiley_27_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    2 months ago

The NTer grammer Nazi’s let that go.    Lucky you. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
4  Sparty On    2 months ago

It's really great when people here tell you to fuck off and then in the next breath they are quoting the bible

What an interesting dichotomy ......

bugsy
5  bugsy    2 months ago

[deleted]

Greg Jones
6  Greg Jones    2 months ago

The majority of us here just read the ravings of fools that think their words are widely read and heard and are important.

As someone in the past said, their opinions aren't worth a bucket of warm spit. They are to be pitied and laughed at.

None of the unhappy anger is directed to those responsible for Trump's presidency, which is the Democrats themselves.

If there is anyone unqualified to be president, it would be Sleepy, Creepy, Senile, Uncle Joe Biden. He couldn't even get the name of the virus right.

All that said...I really wish Trump would shut the fuck up and let Pence handle the virus task force. He rambles on and on and on until the eyes glaze over.

I don't care for the person, I don't like his style or personality. But, he was the Republican candidate who won fairly and is attempting to do the things I expected him.to.

The Dems seem destined to lose again in their latest attempt to foist a heap of doo doo upon our country. They never learn.

MrFrost
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 months ago
Sleepy, Creepy, Senile,

I got mugged by 6 dwarves on the way back to my car yesterday.

Not happy.

6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    2 months ago

That’s why you need more than ten round mags.    One double tap each means 12 rounds minimum ..... damn dwarfs!

6.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 months ago
who won fairly

It's almost laughable that many thing Trump did not win fairly.  These are the same people that refer to the popular vote, and how the EC should be eliminated and have been crying "Russia" the whole time.

MrFrost
7  MrFrost    2 months ago

TDS = Trump's Dumbass Supporters.

7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @7    2 months ago

That would make a great tee shirt.

Sparty On
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @7    2 months ago

Meh, I’ve been called much worse .....

Nerm_L
8  Nerm_L    2 months ago

An overwhelming opinion is still only an opinion.  That is one of the greatest weaknesses of democracy.  That's also why the United States was not established as a democracy.

TDS syndrome is symptomatic of mass prejudice, bigotry, and hate justified by opinion; not by facts or truth.

8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @8    2 months ago

You think people are prejudiced and bigoted against Donald Trump? lol.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Ed-NavDoc
8.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

Actually you are dead on. Only problem is you and others won't realistically admit it!

Steve Ott
9  Steve Ott    2 months ago

Treason (!), Sedition, and Trump Derangement Syndrome

" regarding Trump Derangement Syndrome: I'm getting rather tired of the phenomenon whereby anyone who examines and tries to comprehend what our president has done or said and to have a rational conversation about it is accused of suffering from TDS.  Let's change that narrative, shall we?  A number of diseases or syndromes are   named after well-known sufferers from the disease —Lou Gehrig's disease being best known in this category. We've been thinking about Trump Derangement Syndrome all wrong! It refers, actually, to the particular form of derangement from which our president appears to be suffering."

loki12