Kathleen

Recent Friends:

Gordy327 Split Personality TᵢG IceMan Badfish H҉a҉n҉d҉ ҉o҉f҉ ҉D҉o҉o҉m҉ luther28 Raven Wing Buzz of the Orient Krishna cms5 XDm9mm JaneDoe kpr37 CometRider charger 383 Perrie Halpern R.A. Just Jim NC TttH GaJenn78 DocPhil Eat The Press Do Not Read It Queenie of the Castle Jasper2529 Nowhere Man shona1 Bourbon Street

Time to take a break

By:  Kathleen  •  Vacations  •  3 months ago  •  17 comments

Time to take a break

Hello friends,

I think it's time to take a break. Sometimes you need to refresh.  I am moving so it a lot getting ready for that.

I would like to apologize for anything that I have done or said lately and in the past. We all get a little angry at times. So no hard feelings.

I hope you all have a nice summer and take care.

Kathy

Find text within the comments Find

1stwarrior
1  1stwarrior    3 months ago

Don't take them seriously Kathy.  Most of them just need a place to vent.

1.1  Ender  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 months ago

I think that is true. Good statement. Most just want to say what they think or feel. Good or bad.

I try not to take any of it personally.

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 months ago

I have thought of doing the same at times, Kathy.

But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment and it's hard to stay away from my hobby of trying to educate and refute liberals and their nutty views.

But don't stay away for good, things should be warming up politically by this time next year, and discussions should be lively.

Till you return, take care and be safe. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    3 months ago

"I think it's time to take a break. Sometimes you need to refresh."

512YEP ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

3  Ender    3 months ago
We all get a little angry at times

I like angry Kathleen.  haha

Don't apologize for anything, though I have said things I probably shouldn't have.

Moving can be a pain. One little trick I learned, if you can, hire some college kids to move the large stuff.

Ed-NavDoc
4  Ed-NavDoc    3 months ago

Hi Kathleen. Life is too short to take what happens on NT too seriously. Sometimes the negativity gets to me and I tell myself I need to take a hiatus. But then I start thinking, why give any detractors I may have the satisfaction, and I'm not a quitter. But short battery charges are okay.

lib50
5  lib50    3 months ago

Good luck Kathleen.  We are also moving soon and only have limited energy to visit NT lately.  I can't even watch news most of the time because even that causes my stress level and anxiety to go up.  We are getting house ready to sell and moving to Washington state, and it is soooooo stressful.  I've never lived anywhere in my life as long as I have in this house, where my daughter died and many memories are.  So much going through my mind at any given time.  I wish you the best.   And no need to apologize, we all have our moments here even without the moving!  I also think its a safe place to vent here.

pat wilson
6  pat wilson    3 months ago

Best wishes for your move. I just moved last month from my home of 26 years. It was mind boggling going through all my stuff ! See you when you get back.

7  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 months ago

Kathleen,

If there is anything I can do, please contact me via PN.

Somehow I feel I dropped the ball but didn't realize it.

Colour Me Free
8  Colour Me Free    3 months ago

Hey B … we have not talked since the holidays, and I know things have been stressful with your husbands illness, your daughter leaving the house for college .. now the stress of moving.

Promise me that in the chaos you will take care of YOU - no one benefits if you let your health suffer ..

Remember I am always here, just pick up the phone … you can vent to me all you want!  I took a break, and it worked wonders, I think I have my perspective back and not quite so combative .. come back when you get settled.  Until then:

Peace Love and Hugs my friend : )

9  Buzz of the Orient    3 months ago

Don't stay away too long.  What you have been posting on NT has in my opinion been a valuable asset, and we will miss you.

charger 383
10  charger 383    3 months ago

WE WILL MISS YOU COME BACK SOON

shona1
11  shona1    3 months ago

Gidday Kathy..Take care and hope all goes well with the move...Yes you need a break what I call "me time" and do what you want, when you want..I have got back trouble at the moment and will have to go for an MRI to see what the heck is going on. Never had anything like this before but there are other people far worse off...Hope you enjoy your new location and best wishes..One thing at least you are heading into summer...cold wet and windy here and it is only Autumn..I am over it already..give me sun sand and surf anyday..Huh never apologise..say what you think and feel and if others have a problem with that..well tough for them..Last time I checked we have still got a Democracy on both sides of the Pacific...Take care stay well and regards to all....from the Land Down Under...

dave-2693993
12  dave-2693993    3 months ago

Have a good move Kathleen.

Please, post some of your photos from time to time.

Uptownchick
13  Uptownchick    3 months ago

Good luck Kathy! In the past 20 months I've moved four times...yep, four times in less than two years. I'm tired...jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
14  Jasper2529    3 months ago

Hi Kathy -

Sending you good wishes always. I've enjoyed your positive articles and look forward to more when you return! Keep well!

luther28
15  luther28    3 months ago

Just finished my move after 30 some years in the same place, you have my sympathy Kathleen:) Hope it all goes well and we shall await your triumphant return.