Weaponizing the #MeToo Movement Against Joe Biden

By:  Perrie Halpern  •  2 months ago  •  123 comments

Weaponizing the #MeToo Movement Against Joe Biden

Leave a comment to auto-join group Stuck in the Middle with You (song included)

Stuck in the Middle with You (song included)

Vice President Joe Biden's talks to customers during a stop at Cruisers Diner, Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, in Seaman, Ohio.

By Perrie Halpern

Let’s make no mistake as to what the intent of Ms. Flores’ New York Magazine article, "An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden” was. At a time when Biden is considering entering the presidential race, and polls showing him in the lead, Ms. Flores, who has thrown her hat in with Bernie Sanders, used a moment from 2014 when Ms. Flores was running for lieutenant governor in Nevada, to sully the name of Joe Biden, who came to help her win.

Her accusation that Biden leaned in and smelled her hair and then gave her a kiss on the back of her head, was filled with dirty undertones. But she didn’t stop there. She proceeded to tell accounts of similar events with other women she does not know or had spoken to, but recounted hugs, whispers and a kiss on the lips, making sure she got in the “creepy uncle” tag for added effect. And while she noted that Biden was not violent or sexual, she said she found it demeaning and disrespectful and was powerless to do or say anything. She finished off her attack on Biden by saying, ”By then, as a young Latina in politics, I had gotten used to feeling like an outsider in rooms dominated by white men," even though that specific white man was there to help her win. How much more of an insider could you be?

384The only positive thing that I can say about Ms. Flores is that she was at least honest about her intentions in telling this story now. She said, “I worried about the doubts, the threats, the insults, and the minimization. “It’s not that big of a deal. He touched her, so what?” The immediate passing of judgment and the questioning of motives. “Why now? Why so long after? She just wants attention.” Or: “It’s politically motivated.” I would be lying if I said I didn’t carefully consider all of this before deciding to speak. But hearing Biden’s potential candidacy for president discussed without much talk about his troubling past as it relates to women became too much to keep bottled up any longer.”

It has been a few days since Ms. Flores’ article was published. Biden has made his statement of self-reflection. The pundits have chimed in as well and as it stands, it looks as if Biden will survive this attack. And I mean the word, attack, since this was well planned and meant to keep him from entering the race. Biden is ahead of Sanders in the polls, even without actually throwing his hat into the ring.

But this story goes deeper than just political slander.

I am a 58 year old white woman with a long career working with men. And while I think that the #MeToo movement has brought about important awareness about sexual abuse of women, I also have noticed that it can be weaponized to destroy men.  And while Ms. Flores says that she is not accusing Biden of being a sexual predator, she sure knew how to couch her words in a way that made him seem sick and dirty.

Joe Biden came from a very different time and that generation doesn’t see being physically warm as being invasive. Peggy Noonan explained it well on “Meet the Press”. “Oh, I think it has to do with the fact, in part, that Joe Biden is a long-time American political figure, who came from the fleshy world of '60s and '70s politics, when everybody started to hug and kiss. It was different from the '40s and '50s. We're hugging. We're kissing. All that stuff is going on.”

I worked with that generation of men. And what Ms. Flores describes with disgust, we younger women in the ‘80s and ‘90s understood as nothing more than friendly exchanges. I recall an older black gentleman who had his cubical next to mine, would often offer to get me a coffee. He asked me how I liked it and I told him, “Lots of milk and sugar” and he always said with a smile, “Light and sweet like you and I would smile. I knew he meant that without an ounce of malice or sexism. Now I am not saying that there wasn’t sexual misconduct in the workplace then. There was. But as a strong woman, I had no problem in telling a man when he violated me, even if he was my superior.

Now obviously, women back then had to make a decision on whether or not making your displeasure known could lead to the loss of your job. In that sense, we have come a long way, and I am grateful for that, especially since I raised two strong young women, who I wouldn’t want to have to make such a choice. A big part of that is reflected in the #MeToo moment and I applaud that. But the downside of #MeToo has been to hyper-sensitize women, and it has made it so easy to take any action by a man as something dirty or disrespectful. And since the younger generation is very sensitized to this, they would rather cry misconduct, instead of just saying,  “Hey please, don’t do that”. It’s far more empowering to deal with a disrespectful man head on than to moan after the fact.

And it’s this part of the Flores story that bothers me the most. She took Biden’s help, but now she is going to complain that he disrespected her. I’m sorry,  it was 2014 and not the 1980s and she had a choice there and she decided not to say something. By her own account, she didn’t even try. You are a hypocrite if you complain after you receive the benefits from the man, and worse, if you are doing it for political expediency. And that is what she did with that article. If she feels dirty, it should be for publishing that story.

Article is Locked by Moderator

Find text within the comments Find

1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 months ago

I have so many thoughts about this article. As an independent, while I am not emotionally involved in party politics, I am also amazed at what a strange brew the Democrats have become. This is not only political maneuvering at its worst, it also has the potential to tear the party apart. The movements that have sprung up in the party as a result of Trump's election, are the very thing that can destroy their own party. This is just an example.

Rules for engagement. No nasty or foul language. Keep the discussion civil.

XDm9mm
1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 months ago

One can only hope.

JohnRussell
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 months ago

What destroyed the Republican Party?

1stwarrior
1.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    2 months ago

Read what Perrie said John - don't come here to start a fight.

1.2.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.1    2 months ago

Now, Now 1st. They are both just have a fun jab at each other.

1stwarrior
1.2.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.2    2 months ago

jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

1.3  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 months ago

I certainly hope the the already divided Democrat party splits further apart. It seems like Democrat politicians get a pass when it comes to what amounts to sexual harassment or worse. Clinton was probably the worst offender, but Hillary and others blamed the women instead. Trump may jokingly boast of bad behavior, but there is much visual evidence of creepy Uncle Joe being "affectionate".

1.3.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @1.3    2 months ago

Wally,

That is a partisan hacky video made to make Biden look bad. I got some news for you. I have had as many girls of my generation, had an older man do what he did to that little girl. My reaction was about the same. Many of who were my relatives.

How many of you have daughters in your life? Mine can tell you similar stories.

Split Personality
1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 months ago

by 60% to 34% margin.  That was quite a thrashing for the former State Rep. Is she harboring resentment that Obama & Biden didn't do enough for her?

Is Bernie fever that strong?

Agreed 100%.

1.4.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Split Personality @1.4    2 months ago
There are simply too many pictures of Flores with Biden where she is smiling like she just won the lottery, to take her current attitude without a good measure of suspicion. To say that after 4 long years, she now suddenly feels disrespected by the former VP, begs the question, how did she feel when the voters of Nevada rejected her bid to be Lt Governor in 2014

I agree 100%

gooseisgone
1.5  gooseisgone  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 months ago

ol Joe, he is quite the Foreign Affairs Ambassador, he has Roman hands and Russian fingers.

1.5.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  gooseisgone @1.5    2 months ago

Did you read the article?

2  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ    2 months ago

While I agree this particular incident is being weaponized to take the moderate out at the knee caps, a simple you-tube search will show a series of extremely disturbing boundary violations by Joe Biden that lean to the extremely creepy category.

This particular attack is being waged by a Bernie supporter and former Bernie campaign employee with likely loyalties to the Bern.

The liberal sites first ran the Segregation Joe articles a few weeks ago, now they are working the #metoo angle.

2.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2    2 months ago

I think people see what they want to see. There is no doubt that Biden is a touchy-feely kind of guy, but for instance, one one of the events that Ms. Flores talks about, Stephanie Carter, the wife of former Defense Secretary Ash Carter, actually said defended Biden in this Politico article: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/31/joe-biden-stephanie-carter-1246007

What do you see when you see this photo?

She says nothing happened.

This is a problem of being in the public eye for over 40 years. I think that Peggy Noonan had it right.

But that aside, the worst part is that this was politically motivated, using a movement that was supposed to bring strength to women. It is not supposed to make men into victims while doing that.

2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    2 months ago

Mrs. Carter also said that she doesn't appreciate Ms. Flores and others using this picture to advance their lies.  (She didn't use the word lies, I did).

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
2.1.2  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    2 months ago

Uncle Joe likes to get close.....

2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.2    2 months ago

When the women in those photos lodge complaints, please let us know.

2.1.4  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    2 months ago

What I see is uninvited touching.

Sunshine
2.1.5  Sunshine  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.2    2 months ago

I doubt he is that hands on with all the men he meets.

Reminds of a peeping Tom.

2.1.6  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.2    2 months ago
Uncle Joe likes to get close.....

I have never said no. But no one looks upset. And for the record, your bottom first pic, is my photo of the bikers and she was not upset in the least.

2.1.7  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.5    2 months ago
What I see is uninvited touching.

I doubt he is that hands on with all the men he meets.

Reminds of a peeping Tom.

Well, this is what I expected from our Republicans.

What I see is uninvited touching.

No one seems upset with the touches so I am not sure if is uninvited touching.

I doubt he is that hands on with all the men he meets.
original
joecop.jpg
Reminds of a peeping Tom
Not even close. That you go to jail for.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
2.1.8  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.7    2 months ago

OMG, he's trying to grab Boss Hogg's mule.....

gooseisgone
2.1.9  gooseisgone  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.2    2 months ago

Wonder if ol Joe reeks of Certs and Aqua Velva?

Sunshine
2.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.7    2 months ago

When he starts caressing little boys, maybe he will go to jail. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

It's creepy, if you don't want to see it, that's ok.  But, it is still creepy.

2.1.11  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.10    2 months ago

You mean like this?  I'd be telling Uncle Joe, "Don't touch me, you're not my Priest!"

2.1.12  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.10    2 months ago

So is claiming to grab someone's pussy, Sunshine.

Sunshine
2.1.13  Sunshine  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.8    2 months ago
OMG, he's trying to grab Boss Hog's mule.....

Boss Hog is ready to grab Biden's throat and look at the guy behind him.

Sunshine
2.1.14  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.12    2 months ago
So is claiming to grab someone's pussy, Sunshine.

Well yes it is.  They should have spoke up then too instead of waiting till ummm a presidential campaign.

Sunshine
2.1.15  Sunshine  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.11    2 months ago

OMG, the man needs a restraining order.

2.1.16  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.14    2 months ago

Sunshine, do you remember the story at all. It was an audio clip of Trump saying that. So no one had to step up. He bragged about it.

Sunshine
2.1.17  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.16    2 months ago
do you remember the story at all.

Yes I remember the story.  He was being an ass...as far as we know that is all it was.  Everyone says he lies!

Either way, it is wrong and Biden is still a creep.

Ronin2
2.1.18  Ronin2  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.13    2 months ago

All eyes seem to be on Joe, and not a happy look in the bunch. Joe seems his normal oblivious self.

I actually like Biden in an older uncle that will say and do stupid things way, and is always good for a laugh. I don't think he means any harm; he is just too oblivious to realize how he comes off to others.

I also think that all of these articles are really hurting him to the point that he will not run; which is a real shame with the current overflowing Democratic clown car of candidates.  So much for getting a moderate in the WH.

2.1.19  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2.1.11    2 months ago

Hey not cool with the Catholic comments. Not on topic in the least.

So he gave a little boy a kiss. Jeeze. It's not like he thinks he is doing something wrong and that is what this whole article is about. INTENT. He is not doing this to be a pig. It is just who he is.

2.1.20  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.18    2 months ago
So much for getting a moderate in the WH.

We need one desperately.

loki12
2.1.21  loki12  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.19    2 months ago
INTENT

If only he had smirked.....Then you would think Joe was creepy no matter how innocent he was?

XDm9mm
2.2  XDm9mm  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @2    2 months ago
Cruisers Diner, Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, in Seaman, Ohio.

The look on the face of the biker to Joe's left is interesting to say the least....  kind of like, 'One inch closer, and you're dog food'.

And the town where it happened leads into such a potential play on words.

Crazy Joe was and always will be Crazy Joe.  However, I have to give the man credit for at least being who he is and not trying to white wash anything to be politically correct.  Hell, when he does try, he simply digs himself a lot deeper into the poo.

3  Tessylo    2 months ago

I don't believe Flores.  Sounds like Bernie is trying to screw things up AGAIN.

3.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 months ago

I believe her but it is the timing I find to be a problem. There is evidence of Joe standing behind women and young girls, putting his hands on their shoulders or hips and creepily smelling their hair.

I think politics motivated her to come forward.

3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @3.1    2 months ago

I DON'T believe her and I think her timing is quite fishy.

3.1.2  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    2 months ago

I believe her and I think the timing is perfect.

This horny old relic is unfit to be president.

3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  WallyW @3.1.2    2 months ago

'This horny old relic is unfit to be president.'

We're  not talking about Donald Rump here.

3.1.4  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @3.1.2    2 months ago
This horny old relic is unfit to be president.

LMAO. Have you taken a look at our current president and his track record in this regard?

Actually, this is what I find interesting about partisan politics. It is the total blindness of one side to see the flaws of their guy while being totally able to see the flaws of the opposing team, even if the flaw is the exact same one. And in this case, it's not even close. Biden has never claimed to grab pussy. Come on Wally. You are better than that. If you don't like Biden for a legitimate reason, like policy, I would get. But this is just funny to me.

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
3.1.5  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.4    2 months ago
Have you taken a look at our current president

I did, Hal posted his picture in HD the other day and I almost vomited.

3.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @3.1.5    2 months ago

at least he's wearing his tighty whiteys

3.1.7  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.6    2 months ago

LMAO!~

3.1.8  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.4    2 months ago
If you don't like Biden for a legitimate reason, like policy

I don't particularly like or dislike Biden, the if this was a Republican the Dems would be weaponizing it for all they're worth. This being politics with an election looming, this amounts to fair play, and I not the least bothered by it. Pictures beat words hands down.

3.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  WallyW @3.1.8    2 months ago

The Bernie-bots are already weaponizing it

3.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  WallyW @3.1.2    2 months ago

I would like to see NO horny old relics running for POTUS in 2020 and that includes the current POTUS

3.1.11  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.10    2 months ago

Someone needs to stop offering the option of pills. Seems they always take the blue one.

r.t..b...
3.1.12  r.t..b...  replied to  WallyW @3.1.8    2 months ago
Pictures beat words hands down.

Unbelievable. If that were the case, you'd have thought the Nuremberg rally portended the rise of truly great leader. Words do indeed matter, whether speaking truth to power or obfuscating the truth. Sadly, the two camps consistently come to two totally separate conclusions based on those words. Alternative universes.

3.1.13  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  r.t..b... @3.1.12    2 months ago

Great comment!

3.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 months ago

Obviously, I agree with you, Tessy. The Democrats better get their house in order if they even think they can win against Trump.

1stwarrior
3.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 months ago

Damn Tess - we actually agree on something.jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

I agree with the author.  The 60's/70's/80's and part 90's were filled with generations of folks who greeted people with hugs, pats on the back, kisses on the cheeks/foreheads, non-invasive touching of the arms and shoulders.  Hell, I was married to a "Latina" (from Cuba), and am now married to a "Latina" (from Venezuela).  I could not/can not go to any of their relative's houses/parties/get-togethers without being smothered with hugs and cheek/forehead kisses/busses.  My mother was from Mississippi and, if you wanna pizz off a Southern lady, don't give her a hug/handshake/pat on the shoulder/buss on the cheeks if you're related/friends with them.  And, in none of those instances were there any sexual connotation - it was "polite etiquette" and it had to be followed.

Flores, for some reason, is not a strong woman.  If Joe's attention giving offended her - HELL, SHE WAS RUNNING FOR LT. GOVERNOR - then have the cajones to simply say - "I'd rather you don't do that" - "please don't" - "Get outta my friggin' face man" - but, she said nothing - and that was four years ago.

Why now?  Political grandstanding of the Bernie type and the new Democratic political platform of nailing everyone to the Cross if you wanna get ahead.

p.s. - the reason for the "Latina", to me, is simple - if you ain't from Italy or an Italian family, you ain't Latina - you're Hispanic 'cause Spain's where your family can be traced back too.

'Nuff said.

3.3.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1stwarrior @3.3    2 months ago

Well said 1st. I'm glad you saw the point to my article. You seem to be the only one.

3.4  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 months ago

Bernie didn't screw things up, it was Hillary's treachery that did her in.

3.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  WallyW @3.4    2 months ago

What treachery?

JohnRussell
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Well spoken article Perrie.

====================================

There are two things that particularly stick out in this story.

One is that the accuser is a big Bernie Sanders supporter. And the second is that this "offense" is peanuts compared to what the sitting president is accused of doing to women.

Biden is capable of taking Trump down with an emphasis other Democrats might not manage. Biden also does have a legitimate blue collar connection. He has never trailed Trump in a head to head poll.

I do feel fairly confident, as you seem to do also

that this will not take down Biden.

4.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

I expect them to bring out a congo line of #metoo creepy Joe victims to take him out. The irony behind it is Trump is a similarly creepy guy. These men of power believe their hands are gifts to all women. They are gross.

Prepare for the knee capping by the left on Joe.

4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @4.1    2 months ago

Rump is not 'similarly creepy'.  Rump is a pussy grabbing, sexually assaulting turd.  There is no comparing the turd in chief to Mr. Biden.

I mean have you seen the turd pucker up his gross asshole of a mouth and put his hands on a woman's ass in front of the world and on her boobs?  Oh wait, that was Ivanka.

4.1.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @4.1    2 months ago
The irony behind it is Trump is a similarly creepy guy.

I don't recall Biden ever talking about grabbing Pussy. I do think that men in power can abuse it, but after being in the public eye for over 40 years, we have never heard of Biden having affairs while his wife was pregnant.

Look at it this way, Biden should be able to make it with the average working man, if Trump can and that is what is worrying Bernie supporters.

4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @4.1    2 months ago

I won't vote for anyone on the left if they pull this shit on Mr. Biden.  I already heard Elizabeth Warren and Castro were saying they believe Flores.  Anyone on the left running for President and screwing over Biden will not get my vote.

4.1.4  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    2 months ago
Rump is a pussy grabbing, sexually assaulting turd.

No, that's not true. Show us those lascivious visuals if Trump actually did that.

4.1.5  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    2 months ago

The Democrats have scrambled headlong toward the far left and forgotten all about working people and the middle class, millions of whom helped elect Trump. So he shouldn't count on their votes.

4.1.6  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @4.1.5    2 months ago

OK this is getting a bit more political then I wanted to get, but I will say this. Both parties have lost their footings. The Democratic party, just like the Republicans, have extremes. Biden is a very middle of the road Dem. Trump has a strong base, but the idea that he understands the middle class man is really funny to me. You seem to forget that I am a New Yorker, and there is nothing about Trump that gives him a clue about the middle class.

4.1.7  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @4.1.4    2 months ago

Wally, he admitted in on audio. Do I need to find it?

Sean Treacy
4.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    2 months ago
don't recall Biden ever talking about grabbing Pussy. I

I'm sure Biden, as with most people,  has said something just as offensive at some point in his life.

4.1.9  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.7    2 months ago

I've heard it. It doesn't mean he actually did it.

I hope that dirt can be dug up on all the other Democrat candidates also.

4.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

I hope so. After this article hit the airwaves, several other liberal papers picked it up, many of them who have been in the past Bernie supporters. I think that these people are willing to destroy your party over their candidate.

4.2.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2    2 months ago

As I saw during the last election, some Bernie supporters would rather burn down the house when he didn't get the nom.

4.2.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ender @4.2.1    2 months ago

Yup.

4.3  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago
this will not take down Biden.

I hope not. It would be a shame for him to not run because of this.

5  Trout Giggles    2 months ago

I do think men should keep their hands to themselves. I come from people that are not touchy-feely and have had male co-workers put their hands on me. They quickly learn that that is a no-no.

Flores should have told Biden right then and there to "get your hands off me". But she didn't and is now complaining 4 years later

5.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    2 months ago

Excellent comment.

Tacos!
5.2  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    2 months ago
I do think men should keep their hands to themselves.

I have worked with plenty of women who touch people, hug them, call them sweetie, etc. If this is a character flaw, it seems like a pretty harmless one. I can think of a lot worse ways for people to behave.

5.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    2 months ago

I'm a woman and I don't want men I'm not related to touching me. Hell, I don't want men that I am related to touching me.

You're probably from the South. I'm from the North. Just not a bunch of touchie-feelies

5.2.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.1    2 months ago

Trout,

I am a northerner and I don't mind being touched if I like the person. I don't like strangers touching me, but I am odd that way. I do touch men, but only men I know. And I don't mind a hug from one that I am friends with.

Personal space is a very personal thing. It really varies.

5.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2.2    2 months ago

I don't like a lot of people lol

My daughter's mother-in-law is a hugger and a kisser. We call each other "sister" now so she's always razzing me about the touchy-feely thing. I hug and kiss my children but that's about it.

Tacos!
5.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.1    2 months ago
You're probably from the South.

Um okayyy. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Hell, I don't want men that I am related to touching me.

No one is saying you have to like it or even put up with it. But why act like the guy who does it is some kind of rapist?

5.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @5.2.4    2 months ago

I don't think Biden is a rapist. He is a little creepy, tho. I work with men like that and they don't understand the concept of personal space even after you tell them to back off.

You're a man, so maybe you don't understand creepy men and how they creep some women out.

5.2.6  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.3    2 months ago
I hug and kiss my children but that's about it.

OK so if we ever meet, I will stay 4 feet away, LOL.

5.2.7  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.5    2 months ago

Well said and very true.

5.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2.6    2 months ago

We can bump fists!

5.2.9  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.8    2 months ago
We can bump fists!

I'm up for that.

5.3  WallyW  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    2 months ago

Well, people were alleging bad things about Kavanaugh without a bit of credible proof 30+ years later on.

5.3.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @5.3    2 months ago

True!

But you had no problem doing it to Biden over a touch, not an alleged rape. And I think she should have come forward long before his nomination.

5.3.2  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.3.1    2 months ago

I don't believe all those touches and "kisses" over the decades were welcomed or invited.

Sparty On
5.4  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    2 months ago

Yep, spot on!

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    2 months ago

I have a hard time believing anyone really cares about this stuff and if they do, I have to question 1) What is it you're worried about? Sudden rape? and if not, 2) Is this really anywhere near the top of our priority list for the country?

6.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @6    2 months ago

Good point Tacos!

7  Ender    2 months ago
political expediency

She has admitted this in an interview.

7.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ender @7    2 months ago

Indeedy.

But the more left papers are still trying to get to Biden because of Bernie. The Dems better watch it, or they will have 4 more years of Trump...

Just an outsider's POV.

7.1.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1    2 months ago

I agree. They are going to shoot themselves in the foot, then cry foul when it all comes to a head.

7.1.2  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1    2 months ago
. The Dems better watch it, or they will have 4 more years of Trump...

That's what we are counting on!

Sparty On
8  Sparty On    2 months ago

This is just a case of you reap what you sew.

That said i don't think Joe was ever a creeper on women anymore than Kavanaugh was.

I wonder if there's a special "truth" signal or something only they are tuned to?   Maybe a secret decoder ring?

8.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 months ago

I find the memes showing up on the internet now to be unfair like this one. Truly tasteless IMHO.

Sparty On
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @8.1    2 months ago

Lol .... dude, you need to get a life.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

8.1.2  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.1    2 months ago

I spend too much time here. You're right..

Sparty On
8.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @8.1.2    2 months ago

I'm sure Perrie appreciates it.

Others?   Not so much ....jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @8.1    2 months ago
'Truly tasteless IMHO.'

Which is of course why you posted it.

8.1.5  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.4    2 months ago

It was posted as an example of what pop culture is doing with the allegation. I find it tasteless.

8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @8.1.5    2 months ago
'I find it tasteless.'

Of course you do.  Which is why you posted it.

8.1.7  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    2 months ago

Knowing is half the battle -- GI Joe

8.1.8  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @8.1.7    2 months ago

All I have to say is that is just not cool.

8.2  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 months ago

I think the metoo movement was needed and a good thing, but, like with everything, some will use it as a weapon.

I don't think Ford wanted what came out of all that. She was used as a political football, more or less against her will.

Sparty On
8.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @8.2    2 months ago

I agree

8.2.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @8.2.1    2 months ago

Ditto.

8.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 months ago

I believe Dr. Ford.

I don't believe Ms. Flores.

8.3.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Tessylo @8.3    2 months ago

The partisan Jurist, you're dismissed.

Sparty On
8.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @8.3    2 months ago

I believe Dr. Ford.

I don't believe Ms. Flores.

I know and i rest my case.

Sunshine
8.3.3  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @8.3    2 months ago
I believe Dr. Ford.

I don't believe Ms. Flores.

Shocking!

8.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 months ago
'I find it interesting that some people here were willing to believe Doctor Ford but don't believe Flores.'

Why?

Sparty On
8.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @8.4    2 months ago

Because.

8.4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @8.4    2 months ago

And there are people here who don't believe Dr Ford but believe Flores. It depends on whose ox is being gored.

I still think all men should keep their paws to themselves and stop touching women that are not their mothers, wives, or daughters

8.4.3  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.4.2    2 months ago

It's truly classless to touch people like that without consent. On top of that married men that run around overly hugging and kissing people. There is definitely something to the behavior.

8.4.4  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.4.2    2 months ago

I don't like shaking hands with people. Never know what them hands have been up too.

Or if they wash after the loo.

8.4.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @8.4.4    2 months ago

Good idea!

Sparty On
8.4.6  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @8.4.4    2 months ago

That takes on a whole other meaning in parts of the world where the hand doubles as toilet paper.

Wax on .... wax off as it were ...

8.5  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @8    2 months ago

Sparty,

I for one wondered about Doctor Ford's timing. I feel the same way about Ms Flores.

Sparty On
8.5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.5    2 months ago

You know, i have little doubt that things like that happen and don't get reported for one reason or another when they should.   Right after they happen.

But i really don't know how you can litigate a "he said/she said" without more solid proof than just the word of the two parties involved.   I know if i was sitting on a jury i couldn't.   Not unless one side or the other was VERY VERY compelling.     And again, if that's the only proof one way or another, they would have to be VERY compelling.

Bias should NEVER enter into something like this but it clearly does for some.

8.5.2  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.5    2 months ago

That was Ms Feinstein's timing....apparently she sat on it for several days or weeks.

Nerm_L
9  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Democrats have created this mess for themselves.  Note that Lucy Flores is portraying herself as a helpless victim.  The Democratic response is to protect the victim rather than empower people to avoid becoming victims.  Why didn't Flores say something to Biden?  The Democratic response is 'she shouldn't have to'.  By diminishing Flores' need to be responsible for herself, Democrats have adopted a benevolent maternalistic attitude that enables victimhood.

Of course not all victims are really victims.  Democrats' maternalistic attitude can be abused to achieve a political objective; the ends justify the means.  Democrats have become victims of their own politics.

10  Tessylo    2 months ago

I have no idea what you're talking about.

11  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 months ago

OK I am closing the article until I get back later. I have to visit my nephew who is in the hospital. Well wishing of your choosing is welcomed.

JohnRussell