Dr. Fauci Hits Back at Media Narrative That He and Trump Are At Odds

Via:  The People's Fish  •  4 days ago  •  33 comments

Dr. Fauci Hits Back at Media Narrative That He and Trump Are At Odds

Sponsored by group The Donald on Newstalkers

The Donald on Newstalkers

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Dr. Anthony Fauci is pushing back against the latest false media narrative that has he and Donald Trump not seeing eye to eye on what to do about the pandemic.

“I would wish that that would stop, because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences,” Fauci said in a radio interview. “Really, fundamentally at the core, when you look at things, there are not differences.”

The narrative of Trump vs. Fauci was fed by a story in the   New York Times   headlined, "Trump Has Given Unusual Leeway to Fauci, but Aides Say He's Losing His Patience." And Chris Cillizza   of CNN   asked, "Has Donald Trump had enough of Anthony Fauci?" The thrust of this narrative is that Trump is ignoring Fauci's advice and the notoriously short-tempered and impatient president is tuning him out.

The Times makes it seem that Fauci is all but fired:

"[Fauci] has grown bolder in correcting the president's falsehoods and overly rosy statements about the spread of the coronavirus in the past two weeks — and he has become a hero to the president's critics because of it. And now, Mr. Trump's patience has started to wear thin."

And Cillizza claims that Fauci has "repeatedly acknowledged" that he disagrees with the president.

And Fauci, for his part, has been remarkably frank in recent interviews about Trump's fasehoods and how he deals with them. In a    candid interview with Science Magazine  over the weekend,    Fauci repeatedly acknowledged that he disagrees with Trump  and that the President veers into misinformation at times.

But Fauci dismisses the narratives, saying that he and Trump are on the same page and that the president usually follows his recommendations.

Daily Caller :

“The president has listened to what I have said and to what the other people on the task force have said, when I have made recommendations he has taken them, he’s never countered or overridden me, the idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful,” Fauci stated. “I wish that would stop and we’d look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing.”

And Fauci also pushed back against the notion that Trump would fire him.

When asked how he has managed “to not get fired,” Fauci admitted that Trump, “to his credit, even though we disagree on some things, he listens. He goes his own way. He has his own style. But on substantive issues, he does listen to what I say.”

I really, really wish Trump would let Fauci and the other experts do the talking and stick to a script. But in this case, it doesn't matter what Trump says as much as what he does. His experts are telling him relaxing social distancing procedures after Apri 12 is too soon. But these are experts in community health, not the economy. And the president has determined that an economic shutdown that continues much after that date would do more harm than good.

The People's Fish
1  seeder  The People's Fish    4 days ago

The MSM fails at another fake News narrative.

Suck it fake news losers!

Ozzwald
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  The People's Fish @1    4 days ago

Seriously?  From an interview, first question.

Q: The first question everyone has is how are you? A: Well, I’m sort of exhausted. But other than that, I’m good. I mean, I’m not, to my knowledge, coronavirus infected. To my knowledge, I haven’t been fired [laughs] .

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic

jungkonservativ111
1.1.1  jungkonservativ111  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 days ago

Notice the laugh afterwards? It's called a joke. It's where somebody says something that isn't true, in an effort to make people laugh about an intense situation. It's sad that I have to explain humor to some people on this site.

Ozzwald
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  jungkonservativ111 @1.1.1    4 days ago
Notice the laugh afterwards? It's called a joke.

And why would it be considered funny?  Could it be because Trump fires everyone that publicly disagrees or corrects anything he says?

That joke would not work if someone was working at a job had no fear of termination.

"How are you doing?  Not fired yet."

keep-calm-you-re-not-fired-yet.png

Freewill
1.1.3  Freewill  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    3 days ago
And why would it be considered funny?

Because he is poking fun at the media spin on he and Trump being at odds over this and he explains that over and over at every interview.  Humor is actually a nice reaction to the media constantly twisting what he says and trying to drive a wedge between him and the President.  He could just as easily go with the Belichick method.

Ozzwald
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Freewill @1.1.3    3 days ago

The question was :"How are you"?

KDMichigan
1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  The People's Fish @1    2 days ago

It won't stop the TDS sufferers. I mean isn't there like a anonymous source that confirms President Trump hates Fauci? That seems to be enough for the 'Brain matter' challenged.

Sparty On
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2    2 days ago

I heard from a guy, who’s uncle knew a dude, who knew a kid, who heard on a random playground years ago from a playground monitor, that Fauci’s kid beat Trump's kid up.

Really!

Sparty On
2  Sparty On    4 days ago

Yep, one more divide and conquer caper foiled ...... drats!!

The People's Fish
2.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 days ago

If this wasn't tried and failed a dozen times by the propaganda media already and they wonder America doesn't trust them?

Poll: 72 percent say traditional outlets 'report news they know to be fake, false, or purposely misleading'

The other 28% seed articles here on newstalkers daily....lol

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    4 days ago

If Fauci said anything openly critical of Trump he would be let go.

He feels he is needed there so he sucks it up and soldiers on.

Remember, Trumps "adults in the room" , Kelly, Tillerson, and Mattis all eventually called him a moron.

In the fake news world like the author of this article and its adherents , Trump is always right and the "adults" are always wrong. This Humpty Dumpty view is why we are in so much trouble.

The People's Fish
3.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 days ago

The media lies to you so you can sleep at night. The majority of Americans know the truth and distrust the security blanket the minority clings too.

It will work out well for you. See you In November to see how well it worked out.

You are losing the information war.

Vic Eldred
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  The People's Fish @3.1    4 days ago
You are losing the information war.

As evidenced by the break neck speed with which Pelosi backed down yesterday

Vic Eldred
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 days ago

He keeps refuting every dishonest, mean-spirited, divisive narrative from the leftist media. They will keep trying, nonetheless to pit him against the President!

The People's Fish
3.2.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    4 days ago

Russia Hoax, Ukraine disinformation campaign, and now this?

No one is buying their easily debunked lies except for a small horde infected with TDS.

Vic Eldred
3.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  The People's Fish @3.2.1    4 days ago

In the past 24 hours, Dr. Anthony Fauci has said there is no foundational difference between himself and President Trump in how to deal with the government's response to COVID-19, that the president has never over-ruled his recommendations, that he wished the media would stop trying to pit him against the president and, now, we learn that he would prescribe hydroxychloroquine to a patient if he were treating them for coronavirus.

Donald J. Trump Fan #1
3.2.3  Donald J. Trump Fan #1  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    3 days ago

And a democrat governor banned the use of that very medication for any patient with covid 19 in his  state.

jungkonservativ111
4  jungkonservativ111    4 days ago

The president's approval is no longer upside down according to gallop. 49% approve, 45 % disapprove.

Poor progs. They thought they were going to hang this on Trump and finally take him down and instead he is doing better than ever. I really don't see how we can have a fair election the way things are going. It would be irresponsible of America to let the country change hands at such a time. Just like in WW2 with FDR, we are in a "war time" effort to stop this. This could go all the way into November and then it's Trump for 4 more years whether libs like it or not lol.

The People's Fish
5  seeder  The People's Fish    4 days ago

lib50
5.1  lib50  replied to  The People's Fish @5    4 days ago

Its really weird how Trump and some of his supporters seem so intent on killing off his base of the uneducated he loves voting for him.  Now how many of the gop congress and senate feel like working out in Randy Paul's gym?

Sparty On
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @5.1    4 days ago

Speaking of a lack of intellect, it’s really strange how the TDS ridden can’t seem to learn the lessons of the last three plus years.

But hey, I’m not complaining.   Each time they act out it’s just one more nail in the coffin of their hate filled narrative.

igknorantzrulz
5.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    4 days ago

yea, but that's your fingernail on the inside

Sparty On
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.2    3 days ago

If thinking that helps

you sleep at night by all means

keep thinking that yo

lib50
5.1.4  lib50  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    3 days ago

Sparty, its been obvious for years now that Trumpers don't know what a hate filled narrative actually is.   They call it 'telling it like it is'.  Won't take too many tutorials of Trump rallies to catch up.

Sparty On
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    3 days ago

Lib50, folks suffering from TDS are way too mired in denial to have a valid grasp of the obvious.

Oblivious describes those folks much more accurately.

The years long hissy fit over Trump beating the chosen one has been egregious and outrageous

igknorantzrulz
5.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    3 days ago

your constant referral to an election 3+ years ago is on YOU, and  your 'TDS" claim, could more accurately be projection of your own insecurities about Trump.

Face it

you fckd up and support a potUS who will/would sacrifice AMERICANS, to save face, get re-elected, hell, to not have to feel bad about 'his' economy.

what does this say ...?

Ronin2
5.1.7  Ronin2  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.6    3 days ago

So supporting Hillary Clinton wasn't fucked up? She lost to f'ing Trump! Keep repeating that over and over again! Putin didn't change a single damn vote. She lost in a free and open election; which means she was more hated and incompetent than Trump!!!!

Tough to swallow isn't it?

Still doesn't remove the fact that the Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since before he took office.

igknorantzrulz
5.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.7    3 days ago

anymore, i'm tired of feeling sorry for stupid people

1stwarrior
5.1.9  1stwarrior  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.7    3 days ago

Sparty On
5.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.6    3 days ago

Wrong .... the old switch-a-roo won’t work this time friend.     Look in the mirror.    There’s the real projection, theres the real TDS.

My vote was spot on.   Learn to deal with it or continue the hissy fit.    Either way, I don’t care.

what does this say ...

That the denial coming from many on the left is chronic, copious and out of control ..... still .....

Sparty On
5.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.9    3 days ago

Hilarious!!    Nice one.

Freewill
6  Freewill    3 days ago

I have posted this elsewhere when the first fabricated rift between Trump and Fauci articles first started to roll out of the sewer. Of course it was ignored just like Fauci's repeated statements that despite Trumps approach from a different perspective, the two are on the same page and Trump has followed his recommendations from the start.  Does the President, engage in wishful thinking, mis-speak, or bumble the technical details at times?  Does a bear shit in the woods?  Of course he does.  The important question though, is does he follow the recommendations of the  experts who have the most experience during this unprecedented and dynamic situation, and make the best of the resources already at his disposal at the NIAID, CDC, and other medical resources?

Certainly blaming Trump or accusing him of bungling the effort at every turn seems to be the flavor of the month.  I have seen many references to Anthony Fauci, director of the NIAID since 1984, in various discussions on NewsTalkers and other blog venues.  Can we all agree that Mr. Fauci is an authority who can be trusted in advising a President on matters like COVID-19?  My inclination, after much reading, is to trust what this man has to say.

In a recent interview for another article at      The Atlantic       , here is what he said,

Nicholas:     Have you felt pressure from the Trump administration to deliver a particular message about the coronavirus?

Fauci:               No, they’ve not [pressured me]. [       Laughs.       ] I’m not sure why.

I made up my mind a long time ago, Peter—and this goes back to the first time I had to speak the truth to Ronald Reagan about the seriousness of HIV/AIDS, when people were not paying attention to it. I was, like, the lone wolf out there:           This is going to be big. We’ve got to do something about it.      I’m doing the same thing now. And my attitude is: I’m going to keep doing that. I don’t think they’re going to try to silence me. I think that would be foolish on their part. And I don’t even think they want to. I think, in some respects, they welcome my voice out there telling the truth. I’m going to keep doing it. And no matter what happens to me, I’m going to keep doing it.

Nicholas:           How does Trump compare with other presidents with whom you’ve worked?

Fauci:     He has a very unique style.  But the thing that encourages me is that every time I’ve asked him to do something—cut out China travel, or go to the mitigation guidelines—he’s always ultimately listened to what I’ve said. When I’ve said,    I really think we should do this   , he’s never said no and overruled my recommendation. No matter what his style is, when it comes to the core of what gets done, thankfully, he has listened to me .

Underlined emphasis mine.  Now when you look at some of the author's spin on what was learned in his interview with Fauci, and some of the other articles at The Atlantic, or the NYT, and you realize that nothing Fauci said even remotely supports the conclusions drawn by this author, or other authors at The Atlantic, NYT, or other such "news" outlets, with respect to the President's willingness and actions to follow Fauci's recommendations.  This demonstrates something I have found to be quite common with those who wish to criticize the President for his actions, or reactions, to this crisis; a tendency to ignore the fact that this is a dynamic situation that requires shifting strategies and trust in the experts to ultimately guide policy.  Instead, the focus is on silly anecdotal snippets of stupid things the President has uttered rather than on the fact that ultimately he has followed the advice of the primary expert in the field on policy/action/response every step of the way.

Just my observations. Fauci also spoke of he and the President sharing views on the virus a couple days ago in an article on CNN Politics, despite minor differences in approach or presentation,

Fauci says 'there isn't, fundamentally, a difference' between his view and Trump's on coronavirus   .

Freewill
7  Freewill    3 days ago

Good article Fish, you beat me to it!  If this virus doesn't kill us this incessant attempt to create/fabricate friction, or the appearance of friction, between the President and his experts/advisers will.

Freefaller