Joe Biden and Charly Gordon

By:  Vic Eldred  •  one month ago  •  36 comments

Joe Biden and Charly Gordon
Nobody thought that he was even going to win," Trump said. "Because his debate performances were so bad. Frankly, his best performance was against Bernie. We're going to call for a drug test, by the way, because his best performance was against Bernie. It wasn't that he was Winston Churchill because he wasn't, but it was a normal, boring debate. You know, nothing amazing happened. And we are going to call for a drug test because there's no way — you can't do that."

Leave a comment to auto-join group We the People

We the People

President Trump says he will call for drug tests for both Joe Biden and himself before the first Presidential debate on Sept. 29.  It may sound ludicrous to some, but not to those of us who have noted the dramatic improvement in Biden's speaking ability recently. It seems that something has happened.

The President was asked about Biden's coherent debate against Bernie Sanders:

Q: "What do you think was going on?"

A: "I don't know how he could have been so incompetent in his debate performances and then all of a sudden be OK against Bernie," Trump answered. "My point is, if you go back and watch some of those numerous debates, he was so bad. He wasn't even coherent. And against Bernie, he was. And we're calling for a drug test."

This is another one of the President's gut feelings. So much of what he says is based on instinct. Could he be right again?  We will never know because Biden will never submit to such a test and has already dismissed the idea.

I can't help thinking of Cliff Robertson as Charly Gordon - the mentally retarded (can we say that?) adult who is selected by two doctors to undergo a surgical procedure that triples his IQ .

A scene from Charly:

Unfortunately what was done for Charly Gordon wears off and the intellectual returns to being the mentally retarded man that the story began with.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder

1  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

Can there be any question that Biden performed dramatically better in some interviews or in the Sanders debate than on other occasions?

Is it possible that Biden was given a drug to help him focus?

Release The Kraken
1.1  Release The Kraken  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    one month ago

They give him children's hair, he sniffs it and it improves his cognitive function for awhile.

1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1    one month ago

Or is it when the sunlight hits his legs?  How did that go?

Greg Jones
2  Greg Jones    one month ago

It's likely Biden's handlers are keeping him pumped full of drugs.

2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2    one month ago

So far that's 2 for he's being helped - 0 he's not

Greg Jones
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    one month ago

Looking at poor, pitiful Joe, I am reminded of this Star Trek episode....

JohnRussell
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    one month ago

Let me fix your comment for you Vic -

"So far that's two for spreading fake news - 0 for not"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this fake news op-ed when coupled with JBB's seed this morning that Trump is laying the groundwork for the acknowledgement that Biden will win the debates as the acceptance from the right that Biden is not co-operating with their claim that he is incoherent and mentally infirm.

That Plan A is failing to make a dent so now you go to Plan B. Admit that Biden is sharper and more able to win a debate than Trump, but say it is because he is being helped by drugs.  Uh Plan B is not going to work either.  The truth is Biden talks and acts like a normal person in their mid 70's . Sometimes he speaks a little slower, sometimes he mispronounces a word, and it is a little more noticeable with him because he stutters. But, he is fine.

The truth is Trump misspeaks words and jumbles thoughts at least as much as Biden does, and he's three years younger. So what's his excuse?

==============================================================

By the way, in the book the characters name is spelled Charlie. I know that because I copied this passage from the book by Daniel Keyes.

Dr Strauss says I shoud rite down what I think andremembir and evrey thing that happins to me from nowon. I dont no why but he says its importint so they willsee if they can use me. I hope they use me becaus MissKinnian says mabye they can make me smart. I want tobe smart. My name is Charlie Gordon I werk in Donnersbakery where Mr Donner gives me 11 dollers a week andbred or cake if I want. I am 32 yeres old and next munthis my brithday. I tolld dr Strauss and perfesser Nemur Icant rite good but he says it dont matter he says I shudrite just like I talk and like I rite compushishens in MissKinnians class at the beekmin collidge center for retartedadults where I go to lern 3 times a week on my time off.Dr. Strauss says to rite a lot evrything I think and evry-thing that happins to me but I cant think anymor be-cause I have nothing to rite so I will close for today . . .yrs truly Charlie Gordon.

Maybe there already was a movie with Charlie in the title.

2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    one month ago
"So far that's two for spreading fake news

Where is the fake news John? It is about opinion.  I'll put you down as one who disbelieves.

The movie was entitled Charly:

t_500x300

It is now 2-1 in favor of he probably had help.

JohnRussell
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    one month ago

Vic, let me be the one to break it to you.   Your tally of who agrees with the idiotic premise of this article means nothing.  If 20 people here say he is being given drugs and 4 say he is not, the 20 - 4 vote will not mean that he is being given drugs.  Just so you know.

2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    one month ago

Just so you know, the questions being raised are read and pondered by far more people than those who choose to respond.

I think it's worth thinking about.

Jasper2529
2.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    one month ago

Those who haven't read Keyes' 1958 "Flowers for Algernon" or watched the movie "Charly"  don't understand what transpired that caused Charlie to become Charly. Selecting a single excerpt from the novel is silly.

Having done both, I fully understand your correlation to Biden.

Texan1211
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    one month ago

is that the way polls work, too?

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    one month ago

Donald Trump has never given a good debate performance, never, and it is doubtful that he is capable of one. He calls names, paces the stage, makes stuff up, goes off on absurd tangents, and generally is committed to trying to bamboozle the audience.

His dim witted followers think he "wins" because they approve of him calling names, pacing the stage, making stuff up, going off on absurd tangents, and  trying to bamboozle the audience.

3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago

Hum......He would really fit in on a social platform we all know & love, wouldn't he?

Greg Jones
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago

But....he beat Hillary.

The Magic Eight Ball
3.3  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago
Donald Trump has never given a good debate performance

ol joe won't last 20 mins on stage aganst trump without being out of breath and totally lost.

joes handlers know this and my bet is joe tries to get out of any debates.

Jasper2529
3.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @3.3    one month ago

Biden might even last 30 minutes ... if he's allowed to use an ear piece and teleprompter!

3.3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.1    one month ago

The Biden Teleprompter:

EidfkjUUcAAKG57?format=jpg&name=small

Mark in Wyoming
3.3.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @3.3    one month ago

my bet is  he cant go that time without making a challenge to go outside , or out behind the gym....and corn pop will referee

the ole scranton scrapper will strike again

Gazoo
3.3.4  Gazoo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.3.3    one month ago

Then afterwards the little kids will run to him, rubbing the fur on his legs.

3.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.3.3    one month ago

I read somewhere that for whatever reason, Joe requires frequent trips to urinate. There is a lot for the campaign to consider.

BTW the debate is exactly one week from tonight.

Gazoo
3.4  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago

Trump did good against all the pro politicians in the repub debates, then beat clinton in every pres debate. His dim witted detractors just won’t admit it.

Tessylo
3.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @3.4    one month ago

"tRump did good against all the pro politicians in the repub debates, then beat clinton in every pres debate. His dim witted detractors just won’t admit it."

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Of course we won't admit to such outlandish nonsense!

3.4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.4.1    one month ago
Of course we won't admit to such outlandish nonsense!

Of course not.

Greg Jones
4  Greg Jones    one month ago

The truth is Biden talks and acts like a normal person in their mid 70's .

All the available evidence says otherwise. Biden will bomb and blow his chances during the debates

4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @4    one month ago
Biden will bomb and blow his chances during the debates

If he shows up

The Magic Eight Ball
4.1.1  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    one month ago
If he shows up

exactly...

my bet is joes handlers will find a way to keep him from the debates.

they think it will help but it will only show how weak joe really is.

Texan1211
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @4.1.1    one month ago

My guess is that the Biden team will find something to be faux-poutraged over and declare that Biden will not take the stage with the President as some form of protest against Trump.

4.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    one month ago

How's that go?............

Eh6FWPqXgAgLRab?format=png&name=360x360

Vic Eldred
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @4.1.1    one month ago

THIS J UST IN:

GOP senator attacks Biden amid Supreme Court battle:

"I'm not sure what he recalls"

EiiykbvWkAElTZH?format=png&name=360x360

http:// hill.cm/6qyJgDq

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    one month ago

I like the drug test idea.  How do we go about making a blood test a requirement?

And PS:  I'm in favor of no screening limits.  It might be the best and most honest way to see what's going on with both Presidential candidates.  Of course any recent cardiovascular events, and viral infections will be indicated, but I'm ok with that.  How about you?

Vic Eldred
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    one month ago

It is now 3-1 in favor.

Texan1211
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    one month ago

I think medical histories should be private.

Release The Kraken
5.2.1  Release The Kraken  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    one month ago

But for three years our friend across the aisle have been obsessed with Trump's penis.

Texan1211
5.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.2.1    one month ago

I certainly can see the truth in your remarks. Trump's anatomy, the anatomy of his wife and daughter, and the imagined sex lives of said subjects have all been fodder for the deranged.

Since some claim on one hand that Trump IS a big dick, and others insist they know he has a tiny one, maybe they just want to see what getting schlonged by him feels like.

I don't know why they don't just ask Hillary, though.

jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif