He did it again!

By:  Vic Eldred  •  4 months ago  •  114 comments

He did it again!
“At last, we have a deal,” McConnell said at 1:37 a.m. He said the bill would inject "trillions of dollars" into the economy "as fast as possible." “This is a wartime level of investment in our nation. … The American people are already rising to this grave challenge and the Senate is about to follow suit.”

Leave a comment to auto-join group We the People

We the People

In the early hours of the morning the White House and the US Senate reached a deal for a $2 Trillion Stimulus package to save the nation's economy.

The House is expected to approve the measure by unanimous consent following a Senate vote,thus placing the largest stimulus measure in American history on the president’s desk after days of political stunts by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Scumer.

There was a standoff for a brief time yesterday, but when details of what House democrats wanted to add to the bill became known, it was impossible for Pelosi to stand in defiance as the American people would most likely make the democrats pay in November. The handwriting was on the wall. Too much of the dirty details leaked out. I'm proud to add - right here on NT!

Instead the Senate Leader was able to tell the American people that "help was on the way!"

Article is Locked

1  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

The legislation, which was still being finalized, is expected to be enacted by the President within days.

Rules of civility apply

igknorantzrulz
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

WOW !

The Democrats protect the average American from being fucked over by Trump and Cump,

and who did what again ?

lady in black
1.1.1  lady in black  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    4 months ago

The democrats did it again, saved us from crooked donnie and moscow mitch's private slush fund.  Crooked donnie thought he was so slick saying he would oversee the slush fund...yeah right, it would go in his bank account

1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    4 months ago

By bailing out the Post Office and overturning the Hyde Amendment?

Hum!

1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lady in black @1.1.1    4 months ago
The democrats did it again

Ya, they showed the entire country what their about. This could have been done Monday!  The American people are suffering!  And they look for progressive shit to be put into an emergency aid package. I hope they lose everything in November!

lady in black
1.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 months ago

They STOPPED a crooked donnie/moscow mitch slush fund with no oversight...that is a WIN for the American people

igknorantzrulz
1.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @1.1.4    4 months ago

is it willful ignorance... ?

lady in black
1.1.6  lady in black  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.5    4 months ago

It's willful stupidity, deaf, dumb and blindness

igknorantzrulz
1.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @1.1.6    4 months ago

Tommy...

can U hear me ?

1.1.8  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    4 months ago
By bailing out the Post Office

What is wrong with bailing out the PO?....Our local carrier who is a contractor is taking a pay cut because of the virus. Because of the corona virus the amount of mail is dropping.

The USPS deliveries huge amounts of drugs (prescriptions). Many small towns are very dependent on the PO.

Nerm_L
1.1.9  Nerm_L  replied to  lady in black @1.1.1    4 months ago

You're worried about a slush fund?

There won't be 30,000 ventilators.  And there won't be billions of respirators.  Achieving that would require manufacturing.  We would need all those jobs that are never coming back.

Where do we find the electronics, the touch screens, the motors, fittings, and screws needed to manufacture 30,000 ventilators?  China? Mexico?  The Philippines?  South Korea?  Japan?  Vietnam?

Trained medical personnel can't even figure out how to sanitize protective gear.  They are depending upon a supply chain.  And the United States no longer has the industrial base to keep that supply chain going.  We've offshored, outsourced, rightsized, and downsized to grow 401k accounts.

The best advice provided by the $3.5 trillion medical sector is 'wash your hands, stay away from sick people, don't touch your face. stay home if you are sick'.  We obviously don't possess enough common sense to figure that out on our own; we need experts who developed those guidelines after long, careful study.

And the biggest concern among the political experts on the Democratic side of the aisle is slush funds.  Amazing.

1.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    4 months ago
What is wrong with bailing out the PO?

Despite your effort to link it to the current crisis - it isn't. That's #1

# 2  And more important, legislation was adopted long ago to make sure the US taxpayer doesn't have to bailout that fantastical pension plan for postal employees. The Post Office has been forced to address their pension costs before they pay anything else each year. Why? because that government pension is not invested in anything and postal employees get to retire in their 50's. Kind of an insult to all those who toil in the real world.

I do get the part about keeping federal workers voting blue.

1.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lady in black @1.1.4    4 months ago
hey STOPPED a crooked donnie/moscow mitch slush fund

You mean Schumer has barred Trump and Pence companies from benefiting from the stimulus but of course companies owned by (or invested in) by members are allowed to do so?

1.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    4 months ago
Despite your effort to link it to the current crisis - it isn't.

So the USPS employees that test positive and can't work aren't part of the crisis..Brillant deduction on your part.

What in the world does their pension plans have to do with the coronavirus?

You do realize that there are a number of professions/jobs that can retire in their 50's right? So all of those are an insult to those that toil in the real world...I could have retired in my 50's as a longshoreman. You should try to toil in that world Vic.

I do get the part about keeping federal workers voting blue.

I don't think that you get it at all. BTW the local carrier is a republican and a contractor and is taking a pay cut.

Cheers.

1.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.12    4 months ago

They are covered like all other workers, but we are not going to bail out the Post Office!

What in the world does their pension plans have to do with the coronavirus?

Absolutely nothing - thus we don't bail out the Post Office

They would be the exception to the rule and you know it

BTW the local carrier is a republican

Link please...

1.1.14  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    4 months ago
They would be the exception to the rule and you know it

Bullshit. As stated I could have retired in my 50's as a longshoreman. Think that wasn't toiling. In fact, many corporations if you have combined years of service and your age you can retire in your 50's. If being able to retire in your 50's bothers you so much you should have chosen a different profession.

Link please...

Since I speak to him a least a couple of times per week I'm pretty sure he isn't lying to me about being a republican or contractor...The real world Vic.

1.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.14    4 months ago
As stated I could have retired in my 50's as a longshoreman.

And you are telling us that's the norm?  If you really believe that, let's see the proof. For most of us it's 65 with a minimum term of service.

Oh, your'e talking about one letter carrier that you know?  Not the majority of Postal employees! Thanks for the clarification.

1.1.16  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.15    4 months ago

Nice job of cherry picking my comment Vic. I guess when you have nothing that the best you can do.

Again if you feel that you had to work till 65 that's your problem. I didn't and I'm fine with it. Choice Vic and it seems that I made better choices than you did on the age retirement portion.

I stated in my very first comment that he was our local mail carrier and a contractor. Reading is essential.

1.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.16    4 months ago

Defection!  Your argument was that retiring in one's 50's was common. I disagreed and asked for proof.

You did, but that is hardly a counter argument to "I do get the part about keeping federal workers voting blue."

1.1.18  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.17    4 months ago

Bullshit, I never said it was common. I said that some people and industries can. Me being one.

You did, but that is hardly a counter argument to"I do get the part about keeping federal workers voting blue."

First, it wasn't a counter-argument because you have no proof that federal workers all vote blue. It was a point that this man was a contractor and a republican.

1.1.19  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @1.1.16    4 months ago

My father ran Atlantic research on board ship inspection for 10 years after retirement at 50  and consulted 5 more years after that he worked till almost 70 and didn’t have to its called work ethic which I know you have.Some that retired in their 50’s and didn’t take advantage of earning potential suffer later.Im 54 and could have retired at 38 but I’m still getting it 6 days week.

evilgenius
1.1.20  evilgenius  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    4 months ago
...but of course companies owned by (or invested in) by members are allowed to do so?

According to the article I read this morning, along with the Administration no company a member of congress has will be able to apply for relief funds. And as I posted down below earlier we can't yet read the bill yet so neither of us really knows what the language actually says. It should be posted soon.

1.1.21  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @1.1.19    4 months ago

I actually retired 3 times. My last gig was after I retired full time at 64 years old. In the next five years I consulted as an expert witness in Maritime and interlinked tranportation services. I was court approved as an expert witness in CA, WN, OR, and DC.

Finally called it quits at 70 years old.

lady in black
1.1.22  lady in black  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    4 months ago

You only seem to care about said slush fund and having NO oversight....just let crooked donnie and moscow mitch STEAL money with no accountability, yeah, that's the ticket.

1.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  lady in black @1.1.22    4 months ago
You only seem to care about said slush fund

I do? Show me where

Old Hermit
1.1.24  Old Hermit  replied to  Kavika @1.1.21    4 months ago
I actually retired 3 times.

You sound like Luther, my high school buddies father.

Luther served 20 years in the Navy then retired.  Next he did another 20 years with the Post Office and took a second retirement.

When I first started hanging with his son Ronnie, in the late 60's, Luther was in his early 70's and running a successful electrical contracting business.

Luther never really completely retired a third time but, in his late 80's, he let Ronnie handle most of the day to day stuff at the business.

Me, I'm just one of those guys who worked 30+ years with the phone company and then retired up in the hills back in the woods, in my mid 50's.

1.1.25  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @1.1.21    4 months ago

I knew you said you kept going my father couldn’t stop my father in law has  just stopped to move to Florida palm beach he was running the laundromats picking up the money doing the books just a couple months ago he is 77.

1.1.26  MUVA  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.24    4 months ago

30 years is enough and if you live in Arkansas it is probably more than enough my parents retired to Arkansas after my dad left the Navy lives outside Greenwood he still worked for years to get away from my mom he joked.

1.1.27  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @1.1.25    4 months ago

My latest job is volunteering at our local animal shelter. I ''work'' there 5 days a week working with the bully breeds to get them ready to be adopted and have a forever home.

Probably the most rewarding work I've ever done.

1.1.28  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @1.1.27    4 months ago

You probably like my dad will work till you can’t  at 88 he finally had to stop he worked at his church doing maintenance.My plan when we shut down the business is to teach kids to snowboard in the winter and play soccer in spring.Stay safe and healthy the dogs need you.

1.1.29  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @1.1.28    4 months ago
Stay safe and healthy the dogs need you.

Thank you and you and your family stay safe.

Split Personality
1.1.30  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @1.1.9    4 months ago
Right now, a handful of companies scattered around the world are responsible for 80% of ventilator production, according to an analysis provided by one leading manufacturer. They include Germany’s Draegerwerk AG ; Philips in the Netherlands; Medtronic Plc , incorporated in Ireland with “operational headquarters” in Minneapolis; Getinge AB of Sweden; Switzerland’s Hamilton Medical AG ; and Vyaire, which is based in Mettawa, Illinois. Of these, only Vyaire and Philips have assembly plants in the U.S., the analysis shows.

Trump on Sunday tweeted that Ford Motor Co. , General Motors and Tesla Inc. have been “given the go ahead to make ventilators.” It was unclear what Trump meant, but the car companies did say they are assessing whether their manufacturing facilities could be brought to the level required by the Food and Drug Administration for making medical devices.

General Motors said last week that it’s helping Ventec Life Systems , based in Bothell, Washington, ramp up production of ventilators and other equipment by lending “logistics, purchasing and manufacturing expertise.” Ford on Tuesday said it plans to build a simplified ventilator in partnership with General Electric Co. -- but that production might not begin until “early June.”

1stwarrior
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Vic - this isn't won yet.  The Democratic controlled House still has to review/approve the Bill and, I'm willing to bet, it will still be an uphill battle.

I'm gonna wait until ALL have approved/disapproved the bill.

1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    4 months ago

Here's the latest from the House:

"But, support for Pelosi's climate-change push in the stimulus bill withered Tuesday. The former chief of staff to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Saikat Chakrabarti, wrote on Twitter: "I helped write the   #GreenNewDeal   and I think this is ridiculous. The tiny little emissions standard increase doesn’t even do anything meaningful to stave off climate change and gives the  @GOP    leverage to get rid of real help for working people. Solve the problem at hand. Hospitals would get significant help as well."

Split Personality
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

yeah... Mitch certainly has everything under control...

In a statement, Sens. Tim Scott, R-S.C., Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Ben Sasse, R-Neb., said that the bill could provide a "strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work" because some people could theoretically make more by being unemployed.

"This isn't an abstract, philosophical point — it's an immediate, real-world problem," they continued. "If the federal government accidentally incentivizes layoffs, we risk life-threatening shortages in sectors where doctors, nurses, and pharmacists are trying to care for the sick, and where growers and grocers, truckers and cooks are trying to get food to families' tables."

They added, "We must sadly oppose the fast-tracking of this bill until this text is addressed, or the Department of Labor issues regulatory guidance that no American would earn more by not working than by working."

1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    4 months ago

I know, I already broke the news in Post 10

That will be disposed of tonight. One way or the other this Bill will get through the Senate by Morning and House should be voting on it by Friday. The Senators have a valid point, but that is actually in there because the Treasury Secretary wanted a uniform system for each states unemployment offices, some of which operate with computer systems that are 35 years old. On the other side of that is Bernie Sanders who wants the flawed language left in. We will see two votes tonight and it will move to the House.

1.3.2  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    4 months ago
The Senators have a valid point

No they don't. Like people are going to quit their jobs in mass just to have four months of pay from unemployment.

That is ridiculous in itself.

Funny that think this is fine yet not the Dem senators that wanted oversight of corporate payments.

igknorantzrulz
1.3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @1.3.2    4 months ago

that's the biggest hypocrisy

the wealthy can screw US over left and right, while if a lowly worker (average American) might get a few extra bucks ahead, HOLD THE PRESSES

1.3.4  Ender  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.3.3    4 months ago

The really sad part is that a lot of the people that defend things like that are part of the lowly worker class.

It is like they are doing the bidding of the wealthy. Hell the wealthy don't even have to try, just stroke some workers ego by telling them they might make it there one day...

1.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.2    4 months ago
No they don't.

People should receive more for not working than working?

Compensation does not involve quitting. The question is if people would want layoffs in order to get compensation plus the $600 or if employers would find it easier to lay people off in such circumstances. The work ethic is still an important part of American society. We wouldn't want to destroy that, would we?

No, the dems wanted to load it up with their shit

1.3.6  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.5    4 months ago

Nope, sorry, I don't buy it.

It is in no way incentive for a company to lay off people. That is being used as an excuse. Especially when part of the bill is money for companies so it doesn't have to come to that.

Also unemployment does not match what one would have been making. It is a fraction of what one would get with their former paycheck. Giving them a full pay check for several months will help them pay the bills.

Giving four months of extra money is in no way going to destroy the fabric of society or destroy some fictional work ethic.

JohnRussell
2  JohnRussell    4 months ago
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) called out Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Monday for being more concerned with propping up the economy than providing supplies to hospitals fighting the novel coronavirus.

“You can throw all the money at Wall Street you want to,” Manchin said after McConnell blamed Democrats for a stalled stimulus bill. “People are afraid to leave their homes. They’re afraid of the health care. I’ve got workers who don’t have masks. I’ve got health care workers who don’t have gowns.”

“And it looks like we’re worried more about the economy than we are the health care and the wellbeing of the people of America,” the West Virginia senator complained.

McConnell interrupted: “The American people are waiting for us to act today! We don’t have time for this! We don’t have time for it!”

“Let me ask you a question,” Manchin implored.

“Answer my question!” McConnell demanded. “In what way would the Democratic Party be disadvantaged?”

“Thirty hours [of debate] or 30 days, as long as you have the votes, 51 votes rule,” Manchin said. “So the final vote is going to be on passage, whether you have to negotiate or not with us.”

“Here’s the way it works!” McConnell exclaimed. “We have been fiddling around as the senator from Maine pointed out for 24 hours…”

At that point, Manchin reclaimed his time, silencing McConnell.

“We just have a little different opinion about this,” Manchin said. “You can’t throw enough money to fix this if you can’t fix the health care.”

“My health care workers need to be protected,” he added. “But it seems like we’re talking about everything else about the economy versus the health care. That doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever.”

“It seems like we’re more concerned about the health care of Wall Street,” Manchin remarked. “That’s the problem that I’ve had on this.”

JohnRussell
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 months ago

When blue dog Joe Manchin is upset with the Republicans, you know it's serious.

2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 months ago

Chuck Schumer called it an "outstanding agreement". Too bad he wasn't man enough to stand up to Pelosi Monday.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 months ago

Trump n cump won't be raiding our tax dollars because the DEMOCRATS demanded oversight,  what a terrible day and a half delay...

WTF, fck those corporate execs profiting from this virus !

2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.2    4 months ago
oversight

Is that what they wanted?

Speaker Pelosi: "There is a whole concern in our country that if we're giving tens of billions of dollars to the airlines, that we could at least have a shared value about what happens to the environment."

2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 months ago
“We just have a little different opinion about this,” Manchin said.

Yup, and I made sure NT members saw what that difference was yesterday!

3  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

The deal includes $500 billion for a major corporate liquidity program through the Federal Reserve, $367 billion for a small business loan program, $100 billion for hospitals and $150 billion for state and local governments.

It will also give a one-time check of $1,200 to Americans who make up to $75,000. Individuals with no or little tax liability would receive the same amount, unlike the initial GOP proposal that would have given them a minimum of $600.

Just Jim NC TttH
4  Just Jim NC TttH    4 months ago

This is my favorite part..........but of course the title of the article invokes just the Trump name/businesses but what would one expect. The meat, to me which I am going to bold, is this from Schumer......................

Democrats and other critics of the president were concerned that Trump’s businesses would receive bailout money because the tourism industry is one of the hardest-hit by the coronavirus, which has spurred leaders to restrict travel and companies to cut capacity and close up shop. The measure will also ban businesses controlled by Vice President Mike Pence, Cabinet members and lawmakers from receiving the funds , according to details circulated by Schumer, D-N.Y.

Wonder how much of a sticking point this was for the Dems (and some Repubs)?

4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    4 months ago
Wonder how much of a sticking point this was for the Dems (and some Repubs)?

LMAO!

lady in black
4.2  lady in black  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    4 months ago

Good, why should his businesses get anything since he's a stable genius and knows more than anyone on the planet, he can figure out how to take care of his personnel.  Since he's been fleecing the american public for money for his golfing, he can use that money to pay his people

Ronin2
4.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  lady in black @4.2    4 months ago

So Trump is fleecing the American public for golfing. Then what was Obama doing with his golfing, shoot-a-rounds with college basketball teams, etc?

I have no problem blasting presidents for their excessive luxury travel expenses; but it applies to all Presidents. Funny how Congress doesn't want to address this issue outside of griping about it when they are out of power. Seems they want the luxury for their side when they next occupy the White House.

I believe most of us get 2 to 3 weeks vacation, and another 2 to 3 weeks personal time, each year. Don't see why Presidents can't be limited to the same. Also, setting a strict monetary budget cap for this time off as well. If they want to exceed the budget, then all expenses come out of their pocket.  Since all Presidents seem to consider themselves great budget gurus it shouldn't be a problem for them.

lady in black
4.2.2  lady in black  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.1    4 months ago

Whataboutism at it's finest.

Ronin2
4.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  lady in black @4.2.2    4 months ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    4 months ago

So they took a couple extra days, it was well worth it to get a better deal for the American people. If they have oversight of the huge corporations who wanted to get a sweetheart deal allowing them to exhibit their usual greed it was worth it.

5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    4 months ago

ET5qMZjWkAEnVvw?format=jpg&name=small

As people were dying, people were going out of business, and this is the crap the Democratic Party was throwing out there!

Ozzwald
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    4 months ago

Vic, are you going to provide any evidence this time?   Or are you going to abandon the comment thread again?

5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.1    4 months ago

Yesterday, I took the trouble yesterday of posting the text of the House proposal. I thought you read it.

I refer you to "Pelosi holds American workers hostage."

Ozzwald
5.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    4 months ago

I try to avoid your posts unless I am looking for a good laugh (which is wayyy too often nowadays).  Care to post the link to the proposal text again?

5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.3    4 months ago
Care to post the link to the proposal text again?

No, I don't like re-posting the same evidence over and over again, especially when it is well reported evidence. The House published 65 pages yesterday. I posted numerous pages along with the link.

Please feel free to avoid

JohnRussell
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.3    4 months ago

These seeds at this location are pure right wing propaganda. He even uses happy talk language when he praises conservatives, just like propagandists do.  Its quite obvious.

5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    4 months ago
These seeds at this location are pure right wing propaganda.

Then you shouldn't be here.

Ozzwald
5.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    4 months ago

You have never provided evidence on request.  Why would I think you have any now?

Ozzwald
5.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    4 months ago
Its quite obvious.

Without saying anything about him personally, generally that seems to be the Russian recommended play on misinformation.

5.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.7    4 months ago
You have never provided evidence on request.

It's still there for all to see. The article is on file with "We the People"

All day yesterday I posted parts of the Pelosi plan

Ozzwald
5.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.9    4 months ago
All day yesterday I posted parts of the Pelosi plan

Yet no link to the full bull bill?

Texan1211
5.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.10    4 months ago

Doesn't Google or other search engines work for you?

Ozzwald
5.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.11    4 months ago

Doesn't Google or other search engines work for you?

Trying to come up with excuses for Vic?

Texan1211
5.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.12    4 months ago

Not at all. Just trying to figure out why it seems so hard for you to Google stuff like millions of folks manage to do every single day, even rather young children seem capable of doing it.

WTF would Vic need me to make any excuse for him? That is illogical.

GaJenn78
5.1.14  GaJenn78  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.12    4 months ago

He posted tons of pages of the bill yesterday AND included the page #s of the bill.

Texan1211
5.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  GaJenn78 @5.1.14    4 months ago

That is true, but Vic didn't spoonfeed the Pablum to him.

6  MUVA    4 months ago

I'm not for this boondoggle giving money to people that didn't work in the first place sucks.

JohnRussell
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @6    4 months ago

When money is given to poor people, they spend it, either immediately or when the crisis is over.  It is a stimulus to the economy to give the poor money.

6.1.1  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 months ago

Sorry it is a boondoggle. I don't want to hear one more word about deficits from anyone for this plan.

igknorantzrulz
6.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @6.1.1    4 months ago

like Trump gave  a shit about deficits before,

as it's increased by a trillion already

6.1.3  MUVA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.2    4 months ago

Is 1200 dollars really worth adding 2 trillion to the bottom line.

igknorantzrulz
6.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @6.1.3    4 months ago

people need to EAT

Sorry, where was your concern before this ?

6.1.5  MUVA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.4    4 months ago

I never wait for the government to eat I have saved and earned my whole life.

6.1.6  MUVA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.4    4 months ago

I have been for cutting the size of government since I was 13 years old working full time and government took nearly half my pay checks.

igknorantzrulz
6.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @6    4 months ago

So you're more in line with giving monies to corporations that are already making extreme profits after Trumps 'Middle Class' tax cut plan and would use it to profit CEO's and offer stock buy backs, as opposed to regular Americans who WILL spend it locally and it WILL BENEFIT the economy FAR MORE ?

Fuck that and them !

This will far better stimulate the economy back to life.

6.2.1  MUVA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2    4 months ago

No it is a boondoggle I don't need 1200 dollars and don't qualify any way.If big and medium  businesses  close their doors where are you going to spend your money.

igknorantzrulz
6.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @6.2.1    4 months ago

you are making my point.

that $ will be spent on small and medium and big business's , where as unfortunately, the boat business will suffer

6.2.3  MUVA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.2    4 months ago

You really don't have a point.

igknorantzrulz
6.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @6.2.3    4 months ago

You really don't have a point.

not that you are gonna comprehend

Ozzwald
6.3  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @6    4 months ago

So you only want to give money to people that DON'T need it?  That explains a lot.

loki12
6.3.1  loki12  replied to  Ozzwald @6.3    4 months ago

This should be good, Please describe in detail how people who worked and lost their job don't need it.  Or are you just making things up that he never said again?

Ozzwald
6.3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  loki12 @6.3.1    4 months ago

Are you talking only people who have never, in their entire life, worked at all?

I think you need to define "people that didn't work in the first place", first.

Just Jim NC TttH
6.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @6.3.2    4 months ago
I think you need to define "people that didn't work in the first place", first.

Pretty damned simple. If someone didn't have a job to begin with that they lost due to the virus, they didn't work in the first place.

SMH

6.3.4  MUVA  replied to  Ozzwald @6.3    4 months ago

No I want to give people money that were working I don’t want a dime nor do I need it or qualify. I’m working right now and paying my guys to stay home and will do so till it clears.

loki12
6.3.5  loki12  replied to  Ozzwald @6.3.2    4 months ago

How am i supposed to define a scenario you made up in your head?

loki12
6.3.6  loki12  replied to  MUVA @6.3.4    4 months ago

How can this be true,  Business owners are all greedy living off the labor of others, that's what the dumbasses who don't own businesses and never created anything tell us every day.   They can't possibly be full of shit can they?

Ozzwald
6.3.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.3.3    4 months ago

[Removed]

Ozzwald
6.3.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.3.3    4 months ago

So only people who have lost a job due to the Coronavirus should get the money?

• How about people that still have the jobs, but are down to 4 hours a week because of it?
  • How do people prove they lost it because of the virus, and not another reason?
  • How about people that were about to get a job, but now can't because of the virus?
  • How about full time students?
  • How about self-employed small business owners who can't open their business because of the virus?

6.3.9  MUVA  replied to  loki12 @6.3.6    4 months ago

I do sell my employees labor and they get paid well none of them want to work on commission they all prefer hourly.Before I took over the business I was commission and my father jokingly said you are breaking me I worked as many as 90 hours a week. I have bed in what we call the small shop so I could work more in my 20’s and 30’s.

Just Jim NC TttH
6.3.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @6.3.8    4 months ago
  • 4 hours from what level?
  • Timing and if they want unemployment too the employer has to verify when they file.
  • Probably a temporary set back...........unless they were crazy enough to leave one they HAD to go to another. Decision and taking responsibility for their own actions. Sorry
  • How about full time students?
  • Of which my son is one and he will get money as he has a job and pays taxes
  • SBA loans and other GovCo assistance will accelerate and if they can show cause, they should be able to document and qualify one way or the other.

Next?

evilgenius
7  evilgenius    4 months ago

Hahaha! McConnell thought he could ram something through without Pelosi onboard? No $500B play money for Mnucin!

7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilgenius @7    4 months ago
Hahaha!

Pelosi got caught with her paw in the "cookie jar."

evilgenius
7.1.1  evilgenius  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago

Didn't you hear? It's a bipartisan cookie jar now! McConnell got some of his cookies and Pelosi got some of her cookies. That's how the cookies crumble in a Representative Democracy.

loki12
7.1.2  loki12  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago

Let them have their imaginary win, It's hilarious to watch.

7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  loki12 @7.1.2    4 months ago

All they needed was a good whippin' to discover bipartisanship. Marc Thiessen wrote a great piece in the Washington Post today all about it.

"But for Democrats obstruction the relief bill would already be signed into law, banks would already be extending lifesaving loans to keep businesses afloat, and relief payments to struggling families would already be in the works."

evilgenius
7.1.4  evilgenius  replied to  loki12 @7.1.2    4 months ago
Let them have their imaginary win

If you're including me in the "them", you having reading comprehension issues. I never picked sides on this issue except to say one side isn't going to dictate any bill that has to get fast tracked through. It never happens without a super majority.

Oh, I do admit to saying I didn't back the Republican plan to give the Treasury Secretary $500B of my tax money without some strings. Now it's reported that money goes to the Fed and has an over-site committee and a new IG. That is a small part of this bill we can't even read yet.

Printing all this money will most likely increase inflation later.

loki12
7.1.5  loki12  replied to  evilgenius @7.1.4    4 months ago
Printing all this money will most likely increase inflation later.

Sigh.....Like quantitative easing did under Obama? And tarp and stimulus......But Trump!

evilgenius
7.1.6  evilgenius  replied to  loki12 @7.1.5    4 months ago
Like quantitative easing did under Obama?

The Fed later pulled that money back out of the economy. And I said most likely. It really depends on how long this economic slump lasts as well as how much the Treasury has in bonds vs how much they have to print. There may also be other mechanisms I haven't accounted for, but historically printing money increases inflation. Inflation in and of itself isn't a bad thing. It encourages savings while it discourages borrowing.

But Trump!

I didn't say shit about Trump.

loki12
7.1.7  loki12  replied to  evilgenius @7.1.6    4 months ago
The Fed later pulled that money back out of the economy

You have a source for this right? Where the fed removed money from the economy, NOT where they stopped pumping money into it but where they actually contracted the money supply.

evilgenius
7.1.8  evilgenius  replied to  loki12 @7.1.7    4 months ago

There were several stories from 2018. Here's one from May 2018 at Forbes -

What Does Reverse QE Mean For Investors?

The interesting thing is that according to these numbers, in rough terms, the last four weeks of net reverse QE equals no net move in the Dow. That net number is $25 billion of reverse QE. This is suggesting that if the Fed reverses QE at this rate, $25 billion, every month , the Dow is going sideways. More than that, it will go down; less reverse QE--it will go up. In 20 weeks the Fed has reversed out $85 billion from its balance sheet for a net loss in the Dow of 183 points.

loki12
7.1.9  loki12  replied to  evilgenius @7.1.8    4 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA....................That's what you have, The feds increased from 900 Billion to 4.5 trillion and you are posting a rounding error of 85 billion total? Try harder or quit posing complete irrelevant bullshit.

evilgenius
7.1.10  evilgenius  replied to  loki12 @7.1.9    4 months ago

[Removed]

loki12
8  loki12    4 months ago

The poor low functioning democrats got schooled, and now they are cheering this as a win? Can they be any more stupid or gullible?

They are cheering oversight because of an Oversight board and Inspector general to see how the money is spent? There are no restrictions codified into law from what I have seen, And everyone of these people will be appointed by Trump Co. TRUMP WILL APPOINT THE OVERSIGHT BOARD, or one of his handed picked people will, Keep believing the shit that CNN tells you that this is a win, you don't look at all stupid.

9  Paula Bartholomew    4 months ago

Until I see that supposed 1,000 plus dollar check, I won't take anything the turtle has promised seriously.

10  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

This just in:

There is another glitch:

Four Republican senators are warning that they will oppose the $2 trillion  coronavirus response  package unless a “massive drafting error” in the legislation, which they say would create an incentive for employers to lay off employees, is fixed.

"You want to destroy what's left of the economy? Pass it the way it’s written," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said in a press conference. "If you want to help people, pay them their wages, but don’t pay them more not to work."

The concern from Sens. Graham, Tim Scott, R-S.C., Ben Sasse, R-Neb., and Rick Scott, R-Fla., is that the current version could pay workers more in unemployment benefits than they're currently making, by sticking a $600 per week payment on top of ordinary benefits that are calculated as a percentage of income. This could disrupt the labor market further, the lawmakers warn.

foxnews.com/politics/gop-senators-oppose-coronavirus-bill-error

JBB
11  JBB    4 months ago

Can you remember when the damn gop lost their collective hive mind when Obama inherited those early trillion dollar deficits in 2009 and 2010? Well, Trump will be going out after only four years having blown Obama's quaint old school five hundred billion dollar deficits into Trump's Giant Five Trillion Dollar Nightmare Monster Deficit From Hell. Typical for the damn gop. They do it every time. It is just like clockwork...

Sure Enough, "He did it, again". Trump and the gop ruined it for everyone. Return To Normalcy - BIDEN 2020...

11.1  MUVA  replied to  JBB @11    4 months ago

He could have vetoed any spending bill he liked.

11.1.2  MUVA  replied to  JBB @11.1.1    4 months ago

Doesn’t change the fact he could veto any bill.

TOM PA