What some have become

By:  Vic Eldred  •  one week ago  •  66 comments

What some have become
I hope you all die...anonymous shopper

Leave a comment to auto-join group We the People

We the People

Sadly the wearing of masks and the taking of prescription drugs have become political symbols in this country with progressives trying to own the wearing of masks. I wear a mask whenever I go out and I use social distancing. I wash my hands thoroughly whenever I come home - It's the first thing I do.

I urge everyone to wear masks whenever they go into a public place like a store and I urge them to even put masks on those sweet innocent kids as well. It is the sad time in which we exist.

That being said, this is unforgivable:

Forget the balance of that tape - To look into the eyes of young children and say "I hope you all die!" is unforgivable!

Then again what else can we expect from the crazies we live with?

Article is Locked

1  author  Vic Eldred    one week ago

They are grotesque!

Trump and his supporters are clearly off topic

Hate comments will not be tolerated

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    one week ago

Interesting you wrote about the hate being spewed regarding COVID and precautions against it. I wrote an article about all the other craziness going on.

You're right, it's unacceptable to barrage others with hate and anger, especially over something like this. It's far more productive to express concern and have a pleasant conversation with someone than it is to yell, scream, and spew aggression.

Vic Eldred
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1.1    one week ago

Agreed. I would use every possible way to persuade people, but saying "I hope you die????"   And to little children?   How did we come to this?

JohnRussell
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    one week ago

Where are your comments about the guy in Walmart (without a mask) who pulled a gun on someone who mentioned masks to him?

Or the woman who pulled down a whole shelf of product in the grocery store because the manger told her she needed a mask?

1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    one week ago

Why don't you post that one, John?

Texan1211
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    one week ago
Why don't you post that one, John?

because the guy without a mask and with a gun didn't wear a MAGA hat?

1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    one week ago
"I hope you all die!"
Hate comments will not be tolerated

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2    one week ago

You can't fathom the subject matter from making comments?

I'll let you know.

1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    one week ago

[Deleted]

Kathleen
2  Kathleen    one week ago

I strongly agree that you must wear a mask and social distancing. You must be considerate of others.

Wishing others to die and right in front of those children is childish and just plain immature.

I also hear the 'I told you so' when someone catches the virus and dies from it which is cruel in my eyes.  They may have made a mistake, but to rub it in their faces after they have died is nasty.

2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @2    one week ago
but to rub it in their faces after they have died is nasty.

meh, they won't know or care...

2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1    one week ago

Where did you learn that?

2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    one week ago

if you know different, prove it.

2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.2    one week ago

I know that decent people don't go out of their way to mock the dead. That's why I asked where you learned that it was ok to do so.  In college perhaps?  Hopefully not at home.

Sparty On
2.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    one week ago

I think he might be mixed up about what forum he's in.   Several forums here a comment like that would receive high praise and beaucoup up votes.   Especially if the dead person was more conservative and/or not goosestepping to a liberal/progressive narrative.

Haters gotta hate don't ya know!

2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.4    one week ago

Yup, there is one going on right now. They seem to be having a good time over there.

Sparty On
2.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    one week ago

Hey, if it helps their moods ..... Perries site is doing their loved ones a solid.

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.6    one week ago

I'll have to check that out.

MAGA
2.1.8  MAGA  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    one week ago

There’s been a lot of hate since late April.  It started with the re open the economy efforts and the hateful response to that effort and similar comments and sentiments.  Since then we’ve seen similar hate and strong words directed at people who gather to support the re election of the President, back the blue, back to school, and church events while excusing mass protests and riots.  And then the general hate aimed at mask skeptics.  It’s all about control and busybodies who feel the need to dictate to others that theirs is the only acceptable way....

2.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MAGA @2.1.8    one week ago

People are afraid to speak!

2.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    one week ago
mock the dead

they can't hear me or read this...

2.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.10    one week ago

Their families can and anyone who cared for them can. That is what funerals are for

loki12
2.1.12  loki12  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.4    one week ago

There has to be a religious bigots article here somewhere, let’s see if we can find one.

2.1.13  devangelical  replied to  MAGA @2.1.8    one week ago

what a hilariously ironic statement coming from someone that preaches their religious dogma on NT nonstop...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.1.14  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    one week ago
I know that decent people don't go out of their way to mock the dead.

He's not mocking the dead.  He's stating a logical premise.

Krishna
2.1.15  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    one week ago

Yes-- ESPECIALLY here on NT!!!

/sarc

MAGA
2.1.16  MAGA  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    one week ago

Too many sadly are.

2.2  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @2    one week ago

I think you're confusing cruelty with irony...

2.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2    one week ago

I think she is spot on. Cruelty is cruelty.

2.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    one week ago

difficult to be cruel to the dead...

2.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2.2    one week ago

You were never taught to respect the dead?

Maybe I shouldn't always blame leftist professors!

2.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    one week ago

are you claiming that those one didn't respect while alive should receive ones respect when they pass on?

2.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2.4    one week ago

Yes. That is right. If you had somebody you didn't like or even was your enemy, you simply don't go to their funeral, but you don't dance on the grave.

You are able to distinguish between the two?

MAGA
2.2.6  MAGA  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    one week ago

Exactly.

2.2.7  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    one week ago
somebody you didn't like or even was your enemy

I don't go to their funerals, and just because somebody stopped breathing, it doesn't change what kind of person that they were when they were still breathing.

Kathleen
2.2.8  Kathleen  replied to  devangelical @2.2.4    one week ago

Actually, you don’t have to like everyone, but when someone is sick or have passed, it’s best to leave it alone if you have nothing nice to say.  It’s more respectful.

Suz
2.2.9  Suz  replied to  devangelical @2.2    one week ago

Why are you trying to pick a fight?  No?  It sure sounds like it.

Prove you aren't.

2.2.10  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @2.2.8    one week ago

respect is earned.

2.2.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2.7    one week ago

No, it doesn't, but that doesn't excuse the living from holding to a modicum of decency.

Texan1211
2.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Kathleen @2.2.8    one week ago

And human.

2.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2.10    one week ago

Some lack respect for anyone or anything. It's easy to say, but hard to earn it from everyone

2.2.14  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    one week ago
Some lack respect for anyone or anything

hopefully you'll still be here to read all my NT comments when somebody takes his eventual wagon ride feet first down pennsylvania ave.

2.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2.14    one week ago

You never know who takes that ride next. I'll have a eulogy prepared for whoever it may be.

Tessylo
2.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.11    one week ago

[DELETED]

Kathleen
2.2.18  Kathleen  replied to  devangelical @2.2.10    one week ago

I thought you were boycotting this group?

2.2.19  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @2.2.18    one week ago

I thought you were done engaging in conversation with me. please continue that.

Kathleen
2.2.20  Kathleen  replied to  devangelical @2.2.19    one week ago

Then you should not have replied to me first at comment 2.1. If you do not want a reply back.

Yes, let’s not communicate.

MAGA
2.2.21  MAGA  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.15    one week ago

He was referring to a future funeral procession of our President...

MAGA
2.2.22  MAGA  replied to  devangelical @2.2.19    one week ago

So you just couldn’t stay away?

The Magic Eight Ball
3  The Magic Eight Ball    one week ago

male karens are the future... lol

Sparty On
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @3    one week ago

Hilarious!   I love it.

Sparty On
4  Sparty On    one week ago

Jesus, what the hell wrong with people .....

Kathleen
4.1  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @4    one week ago

I know... it’s getting bad.

Sparty On
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @4.1    one week ago

[deleted]

MAGA
4.1.2  MAGA  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    one week ago

Indeed...

Kathleen
4.1.3  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    one week ago

I think sometimes you have to brush your politics and hate aside and become human and just say something kind for a change,  I am not perfect by all means and I have made mistakes, but I would never wish anyone on this site ill will and I mean that. My heart will kick in... lol

Sparty On
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.3    one week ago

I believe that.   You have a kind soul.   It comes out here.   Very much so.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
4.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.3    one week ago

Devangelical was pointing out the irony, Kathleen.

Kathleen
4.1.6  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    one week ago

Thank you Sparty.. I can be a stinker sometimes...  : )

Kathleen
4.1.7  Kathleen  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.5    one week ago

Thanks for posting the video.

Vic Eldred
4.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.5    one week ago

I don't think he needed an interpreter, thanks anyway.

TᵢG
7  TᵢG    one week ago

Unfortunately, this is human nature.   People are frustrated by the inconvenience and financial pressure brought about by the fight against COVID-19 and are lashing out at others ... basically venting.   While it is irresponsible to be in public places and not adhere to social distancing, wearing a mask, keeping hands clean, etc. there is no excuse for getting irrationally angry at the irresponsible and death-wishing.

This will likely get worse until we have a vaccine or equivalent that will enable us to return to a more normal routine.

7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @7    one week ago

Well said.

Adam_Selene
8  Adam_Selene    one week ago

This really has nothing to do with Covid or masks - it is about self preservation.

People are scared of protesters - not because they break some windows but because they fear that they will break down their doors and kill them.

People are scared of  groups of protesting citizens  openly carrying semi-automatic rifles - not because the oppose 2nd amendment rights but because they are afraid they will kill them.

Minorities are scared of the police - not because they oppose law and order but because they fear that police will look for an excuse to kill them.

People are scared of those who will not wear masks - not because because they oppose personal liberty but because they fear that the individual could be a carrier of Covid and so could kill them.

(Consider, if someone walked up to you in the grocery store, pulled a .22 revolver (9 shot), broke it open, inserted one cartridge, closed the revolver, spun the cylinder, then pointed it at you - what would your reaction be?)

If you had a gun, in many stand your ground states, you could shoot them and not be charged with a crime.

1/9 is close to the probability someone over 70 faces if they contract Covid-19.

Is scaring little children ever appropriate? No.

Is telling adults that they are selfish a##holes ever appropriate? Yes.

Kathleen
8.1  Kathleen  replied to  Adam_Selene @8    one week ago

It basically is.

It all depends on how you react to certain situations.

It really depends on yourself.

Freefaller
8.2  Freefaller  replied to  Adam_Selene @8    one week ago
Is scaring little children ever appropriate? No.

Halloween maybe?