The Boy With the Incredible Brain

"It's almost religious"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    11 years ago

I watched it all the way through. What a wonderful man. His gift is that he can function in the world like the rest of us and still be a savant. Thanks, ambi.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Wouldn't it be wonderful is he could do what Einstein did? What if he came up with a whole new way to understand the universe and how it works?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

Simply amazing. Thank for the article ambiv.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    11 years ago

Geez ... 48 minutes worth ? Here is the executive summary :

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

How interesting that must be. About the only thing I can do is see different colors out of each eye.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    11 years ago

Can Pi man actually do math? I mean like real math, not just calculation? That would be interesting to know. Most human calculators can't manipulate mathematical structures with anything near the same level of competence with which they can compute.

Well said Flame ... I suspect the answer is "no" .

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Yeah. One set of colors out of one eye and another set of colors out of the other eye. I see in stereo color.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Yeah, I have to wear the glasses. But 3D movies suck - I'm not impressed - anyway and kinda give me a headache.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Doc says it's not that unusual. Just different rods and cones set up in each eye. I get pretty good results at the 3D movies, but still not impressed. Just a regular old well photographed movie does it for me and puts less strain on my eyes. I understand that quite few folks don't do well with the 3D movies and they get headaches.

Most of the contrived situations and effects in the 3D movies are corny, anyway. I was having a hard time finding the right word, but contrived seems to work well in describing some of the 3D stuff.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Maybe so. One of my grandsons gets headaches at the 3D movies and he doesn't like to watch them, either.

Besides, you go to the 3D movie, pay a little extra and they only throw 5 or 6 startling 3D effects at you. Big f'ing deal. It's the same with stereo movies. Most of the move is in mono and then, once in a while, they do something interesting in stereo and you are supposed to be all impressed. pfffttt.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Flame, either that or get out of the house and enjoy life.