╌>

Michelle Duggar Can’t Handle Parental Responsibility, Discovers Why Having 19 Kids Was A Bad Idea

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  13 comments

Michelle Duggar Can’t Handle Parental Responsibility, Discovers Why Having 19 Kids Was A Bad Idea
Author : Stephen D Foster Jr August 11, 2015 10:50 am

The Duggars are reportedly going broke and now that she has become a social pariah, Michelle Duggar is learning the hard way what it means to be a mother to so many children.

The Josh Duggar child molestation scandal has taken a mighty toll on the Duggar family.

After the public found out that Josh molested five girls, including four of his own sisters, outrage ensued. And the backlash became worse after it was revealed that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up his crimes and helped him avoid prosecution.

As a result, the Duggars drew massive criticism and ridicule. Conservative politicians who once kissed the Duggar ring began distancing themselves from them. Advertisers abandoned their reality show and TLC ended up being forced to cancel 19 Kids and Counting . The Duggars lost a reported $25 million salary, reducing them to sinking to the new low of begging fans for money .

With no more power and influence to exert and no more phone calls to make public appearances, Michelle Duggar has apparently been relegated to the role of parent that she had largely ignored over the years.

And she is complaining about it .

After years of making her older children responsible for a great deal of the parenting duty to the younger children, Michelle Duggar is discovering just how much of a bad idea it was to have sex 19 times without using birth control or telling Jim Bob to put a raincoat on it.

In a post on the family blog , Michelle whined about having to stay up until 2am to do laundry after doing all the chores that she should have seen coming while popping out kid after kid, claiming that she broke down crying and then she claimed that God spoke to her and inspired her to keep folding until the work was done. Yes, apparently God has nothing better to do than talk to Michelle Duggar about laundry. Because it couldnt possibly be simply hearing voices in your head or having hallucinations after a day of exhausting work.

It was 1:00 AM in the morning as I stood folding laundry with tears streaming down my cheeks. Feelings of being overwhelmed flooded my mind. I cried aloud, LORD I NEED YOUR HELP, I cant do it all! I feel so inadequate! Diapers, dishes, laundry, meals, cleanup, school lessons, baths, hugs, kisses, correction My list seemed to go on and on.

Then it was as if a still small voice said, Michelle, its easy to praise ME when things are going good, but are you willing to praise ME now? Immediately the scripture that says, Offer up a sacrifice of praise, came to mind.

I said, OK Lord, I will praise you even now! It really is a sacrifice! So through the tears I began to sing, The joy of the Lord is my strength. In my heart there was a release as if a burden had been lifted. I finished the laundry at 2 AM and went to bed.

Heres a good question though. Where the hell is Jim Bob Duggar while Michelle is stuck doing the chores? You know, the guy who fathered all those kids and presumably is supposed to share the parenting duties and responsibilities that come with it?

Since the Duggars religious beliefs mandate that wives be submissive to their husbands and that men and women assume the traditional roles of the household, it sounds like Michelle is stuck doing everything conservative Christian males characterize as womens work.

Its hard to sympathize with the Duggars. After all, Michelle surely knew that having 19 kids would mean never having any free moments for herself. Plus, the family made millions of dollars off public speaking and their reality show on TLC. But it appears that the Duggars were not as fiscally responsible with their own money as they have preached for everyone else to be. And now it looks like Jim Bob and Michelle cant handle the parental responsibilities that they brought upon themselves by not practicing safe sex in the first place.

The self-righteous bigots continue their long fall.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

Heres a good question though. Where the hell is Jim Bob Duggar while Michelle is stuck doing the chores? You know, the guy who fathered all those kids and presumably is supposed to share the parenting duties and responsibilities that come with it?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

No sympathy from me.

Nona62
Professor Silent

None from me either. They made their proverbial bed, now they can lay in it. (but PLEASE don't make anymore babies!)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Nor from me-- no wonder the girls got married so young. Just to leave home!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Just to leave home! You're probably right Dowser!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

v

Nobody could handle 19 children.

These people are certifiable.

You are 100% correct. It was all I could do to raise 2 girls (hopefully) properly.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    9 years ago
While the Lord was busy helping Michelle with laundry, 2,597 children died from malnutrition, 1,542 babies were born with serious birth defects, 3,027 children died of preventable diseases, etc. etc. etc. And that's after the Lord had already blessed them with way more money than they should ever have needed to hire some help with the laundry.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Good way to look at it! Smile.gif

Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty
Freshman Silent
link   Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty    9 years ago

So, the kids left at home can't help with the chores?

Did everyone above the age of seven Leave?

Nona62
Professor Silent

I just can't wrap my head around having 19 kids!!!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    9 years ago
I imagine that by 15, childbirth is just a baby crawling out of a womb.

Nona62
Professor Silent

And she had 1 miscarriage...... I don't know if she had any other.