╌>

ODD STRANGE JOBS AND LIFE #4

Category:  Other

Via:  leotie  •  11 years ago  •  3 comments

ODD STRANGE JOBS AND LIFE  #4

I called a friend in Atlanta and asked him to get me a plane ticket back to Atlanta from Vegas, packed my clothes in airline boxes and waited. I found out it hurts like hell flying with broken ribs, and was so happy when that plane landed! Got a job at a Steak House of sorts, and bided my time till something interesting came along andit didn't take long. I found a job in a trucking company office at the local truck stop. The boss there was somewhat of a butt wipe, but the money was decent, and I had a lotof fun.

One of my drivers came in one day looking kind of downcast, and I asked what his problem was. His wife had caught him slipping a $5.00 bill into a strippers panties and gave him hell for it. I felt bad for him, but had a great idea. Iasked if he'd like to put a $20.00 in MYpanties. He perked up considerably and almost drooled at the idea, so I told him to come in the next morning to get his paperwork for the load, and he could do it. The next morning, I went into work early, ate breakfast at the restaurant there, and went to the office. He came strolling in with a big smile on his face, and we got the paperwork done.

He sat there looking at me like he was waiting for something. I had to ask him what he was waiting for, and he told me he wanted to put the money in my panties.

"Oh, that's right", I said. "I did promise, didn't I?" I grabbed my purse and pulled a new pair of lacy, sassy underwear out and tossed them to him. Poor fellow, he looked so pitiful, but he tucked a $20 in there and tossed them back to me. I felt so sorry for him in a way, so I gave him his money back and told him to watch out for truck stop broads from now on out!

The office closed shortly after that, so I was out of a job. I called a friend in NY and she told me to come on up there asit was easy to find a job. So, off I went again! I got there and within a week, I found atemporary job at an airfreight office making $100.00 a week more than I made in Atlanta for doing less work! I thought the people were nuts for that, but no arguments from me! When the temporary was over, THEY got me a job at another office with a $100.00 a week raise! So, I went from $300.00 a week in Atlanta to $500.00 a week within 3 months of getting to NY.

The office jobs got boring after awhile, so I started driving a cab on the weekends. I liked it so much that I picked up the car after I got off workat the office on Friday to Sunday night, and I made a boatload of money with my accent and the New York folks. Finally, I gave up the officejob completely and stayed with the cab. I reckon I was lucky I never got robbed, but had some hairy times. One man offered me sex to take him where he wanted to go, one gave me a bag of pot, and others just got kind of strange. I DID refuse the sex and the pot!

One I picked up at JFK airport, and he wanted to go to Battery Park South, but wanted to take the Brooklyn Bridge. OK, I can do that, I said. We took off, and I headed towards the BrooklynBridge, but to go over it, we had to go through Bed-Stuy. For anyone not familiar with NY, Bed-Stuyis predominantlyBlack, but stuff like that didn't bother me. I kept an eye on all my passengers; this one was no different, even thoughhe was White. He kept looking around with the bug eyed look, turning his head side to side. Finally, he leaned over the seat and told me "I don't see any Whitepeople around here."

I laughed and told him he wouldn't see any White folks till we got into Manhattan. I kept going and watching him till we got to a stop light, and this man had disappeared! WTF, I was thinking, I know he didn't get out of this car. I looked over the seat back, and this fool was laying on the rear floorboard HIDING! I think he was one happy camper when we got to Battery Park South.

Cab driving was by far the most interesting job I've ever had, and when the legsgave out on me, I had to give it up. I was making an average of a thousand dollars a week driving. There are enough tales of the cab driving that would fill up a book, but no one would believe it. If the interest is there, I might put up some more of them on here, who knows?

Anyhow, my tale starts with making less than $3.00 an hour to over a thousand a week, and travels all over the USA. It was fun, and I can honestly say, at almost 65 years of age, I have very few regrets and a lot of good memories. I never prostituted myself for or asa job, was always above board with all of them, and had one hell of a time. In between times, there was housecleaning and always the waitressing to fall back on.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

That was one hell of a good story Leotie. I really enjoyed it, one adventure after another.

Leotie
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Leotie    11 years ago

I am truly honored, Kavika. I do wish I could write as good as you. You make one hungry to get to the next part of your stories.

There are times when I want to get on to the next part of the story, but nothing will work for me to do that. When it does work, it seems that I can't get it out fast enough. Does that sound familiar to you?

I've told some of my neighbors about these thing's I've done and they look at me like I'm crazy or that I am lying to them. When I think about NY and the cabs, I can smell the air, see the other drivers and all that in my mind.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

Leotie, your a great writer. I enjoyed every minute of your series...Made me laugh, sad and all emotions in between...That's great writing my friend.