╌>

This 1-armed toddler’s best friend is a 3-legged dog

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  5 comments

This 1-armed toddler’s best friend is a 3-legged dog

This 1-armed toddlers best friend is a 3-legged dog

ella_snowy_highchair_fb_660.jpg

Some people may view being born without a limb as a disadvantage, but having only a right arm led an Australian toddler to her best friend: a three-legged puppy.

Ella Peggie, 1, was born without her left arm but is a happy, healthy little girl, her parents said. She has amniotic band syndrome, a condition that can lead to various birth defects, according to the National Organization for Rare Disorders. Symptoms vary, but the arms and legs are often most affected.

She has found a way around by herself and doing things her own way. She uses her head and feet a lot to play, so shes adapting quite well, her mom, Brooke Hodgson, told MailOnline Australia. Instead of crawling, she has learned how to bum shuffle around the home.

According to MailOnline Australia, Hodgson, who lives in Queensland, Australia, saw Snowy, a three-legged puppy, on an animal shelter website. She immediately called, and the Staffy Boston Terrier mix was part of the family a week later.

Ella and Snowy bonded quickly, and Hodgson hopes the dog will help her daughter grow up smoothly.

Its quite a unique bond I know it will make a world of a difference for Ella, Hodgson said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

Its quite a unique bond I know it will make a world of a difference for Ella, Hodgson said. And Snowy!

Nona62
Professor Silent

I think you're right. I love stories like this.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Nona

A great story

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I wish we cold see more stories like this one.