╌>

Posting videos - Help?

Category:  Other

Via:  summer  •  11 years ago  •  9 comments

Posting videos - Help?

Ok, I've seen people post videos. I've been given instruction on how to do it - but, I still can never get it to work. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks

I click on the "Media" above - it says paste embed code from YouTube, etc. I do this, click "ok" and then there is just a blank screen or sometimes a box, but no video.

I know I have to be doing something wrong - but, I'm not sure what it is.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    11 years ago

You are probably using the wrong code. This is the first code that you tube gives you when you hit the share key:

This won't work.

You need to go to embed and copy the code:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sU9fClvdo5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what you put into the box that pops up. Make sure you are using the icon that looks like a piece of film.

I hope this helps, Summer!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    11 years ago

Ok, I've seen people post videos. I've been given instruction on how to do it - but, I still can never get it to work. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks

Hi Summer.

Many people have claimed that it is possible to post videos. However, the fact is-- as the following so clearly illustrates-- it actually can't be done:

Summer
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Summer    11 years ago

Haha, thanks :)

Summer
Freshman Silent

Ok, I've tried that before (or so I thought) and it didn't work. Tried it just now (and deleted it) - and it worked this time.

I absolutely must have been doing it wrong. Thanks

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    11 years ago

I have to check the box, Use Old Embed Code, to get the critters to work. I think you can access the embed by right clicking on the vid as well but, I always go through the entire process below the vid. It, at least on my crappy computer, shows up as an orangish box with an icon in the middle. As soon as it is posted the vid shows up.

Hope this helps.

Summer
Freshman Silent

Thanks - I got it figured out, I posted a few videos in the music group :)

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    11 years ago

Most cool. I do believe I will meander right over and cast my eyes, and ears, in that direction.

Hey, I've posted an article over there strictly for women artists. Trying to get some interest but there may be too much testosterone hanging out. Selfishly, I want to find some new and tasty lady musicians.

Anyhow, off to pray to the Guitar Deities....

later gator

Summer
Freshman Silent

I'll pop in on the article about women artists :)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    11 years ago

Select the HTML link at the end of the control panel above, then paste the embed code, then hit the Add Reply below the comment area.