╌>

Things Women Should Know About Men... [another article of mine from over @ NV]

Category:  Other

Via:  msaubrey-aka-ahyoka  •  12 years ago  •  56 comments

Things Women Should Know About Men... [another article of mine from over @ NV]

*Things I've learned about men (working with them and being friends with them)*

1. If you go into the relationship expecting to change him, the relationship will not work out or you will be disappointed. Unless it's under their own motivation, they will not change.

2. They like to know they're appreciated too. Don't forget to thank them for their daily contributions. Then, they will likely take notice of your contributions too and say thanks.

3. They really don't like drama.

4. If he's just had sex, he's hungry. If he just ate, he's horny.

5. If you're yelling at them, they're not listening.

6. You must say their name at least once to get their attention.

7. If they're watching TV, playing a game, or have their hands anywhere near a car, they won't hear you until you accomplish #6 and not #5.

8. They don't care if you're wearing makeup or not. (most don't anyhow)

9. They like it when you ask them about their interests.

10. When we get sick, we keep doing our everyday routines (for the most part), but men have this thing called the 'man cold' that is FAR worse than anything us women have to deal with.

11. If you want something from him, you MUST ask for it IN DETAIL because men will never understand or pick up on a hint. HINTS DON'T WORK!

12. If you're mad, he has no idea why. His brain does NOT work like yours does, I promise. You need to explain IN DETAIL why you're mad and how he can fix it.

13. If he can't fix something or doesn't know how to, he gets upset and angry. Let him be angry. Don't show him that you can fix whatever it is before he calms down.

14. They know you fart and poop.

15. Work together. Be nice while doing so. If he's redoing the bathroom, see if he's willing to let you help or at least learn how to do so. They like feeling superior in knowledge.

16. If you want a romantic evening, plan it. He never will. You must be the initiator.

17. Even if you think you're unattractive, I can guarantee your man doesn't think that way Put the lingerie on anyways. He'll love it.

18. When you know you're in the wrong Say so and apologize. It doesn't hurt to let them be right when they are. It also doesn't hurt to say, 'Honey, you're right. I'm sorry.'

19. If you're thinking about something that may have something to do with him You're WAY over thinking the issue at hand. Whatever is going on in his head is far simpler than what's going on in yours. i.e. You're thinking, "What's that look about Is he thinking about another woman? I bet he's cheating on me. Why is he wearing that new deodorant She must like it." And so on. What he's thinking about, with that look on his face "Hmmm I should buy some Cheetos. I haven't had any in a long time. Oh I hope she didn't smell that. That was NASTY. Why is she staring at me I bet she smelled that."

20. If you want to know something Ask them. They don't like a guessing game.

21. Recognize when you're hormonal. They'll appreciate the fact that you make a disclaimer before going off on them. i.e. 'I realize I'm hormonal so excuse the rabid dog behavior. I just need to say this anyways.'

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
link   seeder  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    12 years ago

This is a general list. These statements are not regarding all people.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    12 years ago

They are all my favorites this time and all true. A very wise list and very helpful for younger woman... especially number 1.

wmolaw
Professor Silent
link   wmolaw    12 years ago

General lists are good, and many are true.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    12 years ago

LOL, my wife woulda liked this list before we were married!

:~)

wmolaw
Professor Silent
link   wmolaw    12 years ago

Yeah, my wife still tries to get me to hang up my general (not work) clothes. She keeps telling me it "bothers" her for them to be on the floor.

My response, the same for almost thirty years, "if it bothers you, pick them up. They don't bother me at all."

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    12 years ago

11. If you want something from him, you MUST ask for it IN DETAIL because men will never understand or pick up on a hint. HINTS DON'T WORK!

Worse than that Aub. If you want me to do something WRITE IT DOWN IN DETAIL. What, does she think I'm a recording machine? Especially since I'm barely listening to her anyway.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

[[4. If he's just had sex, he's hungry. If he just ate, he's horny.]]

Neither one of those applies to me . But just to be a PITA I'm not going to correct it ...

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

I have a problem with number 4 as well,,,,sometimes I'm hungry and horny at the same time!

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    12 years ago

Direct hit.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

LOL Terry,

I married Felix Unger, except when it comes to his office which are mountains of paper... all needed, mind you. I ignore his mess, and he should ignore mine.

Feddy
Freshman Silent
link   Feddy    12 years ago

This is a very good list! I love it. Grin.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Don't we all!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Now that IS a problem Larry, cause us ladies don't like it when you get bar-b-que sauce in our hair.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Awww on #17. That's so sweet Jon.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

What does everyone here consider a younger woman?Grin.gif

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    12 years ago

Oh, I dont know. 33 ish?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Maybe I'm a freak of a wife... I can't think of anything that bothers me about my husband. I know there are things that I do that bug him sometimes though. He just realizes it's not worth anargumentor breath to say something again.5.gif

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    12 years ago

I like 19 the best I think.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

24.gif

We have the ton of "Shreve" lists about the house. Including ones we write for each other.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Ok... I'm sure I get the drift Rich.5.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Nah... There ARE plenty of edibles for the bedroom naughty time foreplay!

Grin.gif

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

It's not really an "Awww".

It's the other side of us not being as detail oriented about our significant others as are women.

The regular guys among us selected the entire package. And when we direct our attention to that scantily clad package, it really doesn't matter what they think of themselves, because we are most definitely not thinking about this or that imperfection. The testosterone has already kicked in.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

21 to 50

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

Peppermint Lifesavers

End of message

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

I was showing my sitter how #6 is applicable one evening, picking up my kids. She told me that I was full of crap. Her and I were talking while her husband and his buddy were talking. We were all in the same room, but he wasn't paying attention to what we were saying in the least. I proved it by saying something totally inappropriate. Then, I said his name and a random piece of information. He said, "ok." to acknowledge. And then he pointed out to his wife that I said his name to get his attention. He told her, "SEE! She gets it! You have to say my name for me to know you are speaking to me! And YES even if we are the only ones in the room!"24.gif

As for #17. Woman are far harsher with their looks or with the looks of other women than ANY MAN I have ever encountered.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

It is a short explanation of where a woman's mind starts to go for no reason at all. I have reigned my thoughts in because I KNOW I am thinking like a crazy woman.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Strawberries. Whipped cream. Sugar free chocolate syrup [reason for sugar free]. Popsicles. Edible body paint. Honey dust. Flavored massage oils and lotions. Gummy boobs and penises.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Your right Jonathan and probably safer as well!

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

It's a prompt. You have to start the gears. It's not like having to say "your honor" before you say anything to the judge. It's more like hitting the space bar when your monitor is sleeping.It's for your own good, too. You need not repeat yourself this way.

As for #17. Woman are far harsher with their looks or with the looks of other women than ANY MAN I have ever encountered.

I believe this is the only instance where we actually undergo change during life. In order to initially attract us, you've got to look a certain way. Once we've established ourselves as mates, the other things take over. Looks are never unimportant, but there is so much more that goes into being attractive than the way you look. Take today for example. We were on another seed, and Perrie, a self-proclaimed political centrist/independent, said something astonishingly to the right of center.

Instant wood.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

113.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

It's more like hitting the space bar when your monitor is sleeping.It's for your own good, too. You need not repeat yourself this way.

EXACTLY!

Instant wood.

24.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Hey, you're gonna give us wives a bad rep, LOL!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Anything younger than 52.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

MsA. Your a naughty girl! I love it!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Wait a minute. What happened to ass men, and boob men, etc? Seems pretty focused to me.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

OMG Jon! I had no idea! I would have gratified you long before.

And stop laughing MsA. He's a very naughty boy as you will get to know. He doesn't need the encouragment ( although he likes it)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I like 19 the best I think.

So true. And that would make it you and Matt.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Gene,

You did all your homework. You have no idea how that turns on the teacher in me!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Yes my lovely Marine. I know.Grin.gif

Being young does not negate wisdom.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

5.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

A lil tidbit about me... I used to work in an adult novelty store. I did so for two years on the weekends as a second job. I also sold Pure Romance for awhile.Grin.gif

I have never been shy.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

He's a very naughty boy as you will get to know.

No possible way that he's any worse than I've met. Even here... Gene and TTGA have more years of experience under their belt. 8.gif

There's a reason that I married someone nearly 9 years my senior.3.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

But is there not truth to this?

My husband has told me time and time again that I understand men far more than any women he's ever known. And he's certainly not the first to say so.

Men don't want to share information like this. Women tend to listen to women.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Depends on the man.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    12 years ago

I think that Dave might have some things to say about that. On the other hand, remember to unsung verse of the Marine's Hymn. "If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes, they will find their wives are sleeping with United States Marines."

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    12 years ago

#22, expect them to spend at least 1.5 hours per day in the bathroom. :-)

I don't know... I've been married to three different men, and they all stay in the bathroom for hours... Pooping seems to be the main event of their day. :-)

Meaning no disrespect.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

And some women are a bit more manly in the mindthan average.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

No sister. Only child. Grin.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Unless you're a fatty.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Roll em around...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Yes. Thanks. My husband is reading right now too! Tongue.gif

My husband knows he can trust me.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

I have been married twice. Neither one spent that much time doing their dooty. [misspelled on purpose]

My ex did however take WAY more time than I do getting ready to go out some where. I was the one stomping my foot telling him to hurry his ass up. I warned his 2nd wife while they were dating. She gets aggrivated with him about that too.Grin.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Of course I do. Grin.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Can't think of a Marine that I wouldn't be safe with my dear. Grin.gif

You guys might have a screw or a hundred loose somewhere, but friends or family are always safe. At least all the ones I know.Smile.gif

But.... I have to give credit where credit is due. My father, my uncle, and my grandfather were all Seamen.

My father in law was in the AF and is a total and complete fuckhead. But I have known a few AF guys that are pretty swell too. I still kick myself in the behind for not joining the AF @ 18. It would have been during peace time and I could have gotten a hell of an education too.

Lastly... What can I say about the Army? They standbehind the Marines. *giggles*

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide

Aw! Don't feel hurt or sad. My husband is a larger portion of this list as well.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

What? Am I the only person that has been married once? I feel cheated, LOL!

Matt can lock himself in there doing who knows what,,,, for ever. I think that is his man cave.