╌>

A Friend Is Gone

Category:  Other

Via:  larry-crehore  •  12 years ago  •  17 comments

A Friend Is Gone

Hello to everyone at NewsTalkers. I am sad to have to pass on this information. A friend of many of us passed away this past Tuesday. Magaret Anne Mckinnon know to most of us as Maggie Mae, calliegirl or missyj3 was discovered in her home by the El Paso County after neighbors noticed that she hadn't been seen in a while. Maggie was single and lived with her two dogs in Peyton, Colorado. She was just 64 years young. Maggie and her insightful articles made us all look into ourselves. She will be missed by many.

Maggie, rest in peace and know that we loved you.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

64 is too young to pass ...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    12 years ago

Maggie,

I hope you realize that how much I really did care about you. You were one of the brightest woman I have had the pleasure to have known. I hope you are in a better place and are surrounded by your pets that have passed.

<3,

Perrie

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

BTW, Beautiful Eulogy Larry. Thanks for taking on this terrible task.

Summer
Freshman Silent
link   Summer    12 years ago

64 is much too young. I am sorry to hear this.

wmolaw
Professor Silent
link   wmolaw    12 years ago

So sorry to hear of this, Larry. You are 100% correct, 64 is far too young to shuffle off this mortal coil.

The sad news is tinged with some gladness in seeing you post here again. It is good to see your face.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    12 years ago

I remember I'd send her (digital) roses with my comments on her articles; we almost met a year or so ago when I was in Boulder ... but on the day we were to have breakfast, I think it was bad weather that prevented her from making the drive.

I did get to meet up with Larry Crehore and his wife that morning ... I'm glad he's returned to NT bus sad that his re-entry brought the bad news regarding Maggie.

Even though my activity here will be limited for an indefinite period of time, when I heard the news from Larry, and, when he said he was back on the site ... I had to stop bye.

Peace to all good friends here.

red shadow
Freshman Silent
link   red shadow    12 years ago

That is so sad.

I exchanged many comments with her.

I hope to meet her again in the future.

Pat N
Freshman Silent
link   Pat N    12 years ago

R.I.P., Maggie.

I'll miss her wit, humor and commentary.Frown.gif

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Larry Crehore    12 years ago

Bruce, thank you for posting this, I know Maggie would appreciate it.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    12 years ago

Maggie was a friend, and i am sad to hear of her passing. I believe i last heard from her about a month or so ago, and was wondering where she had been. I guess the answer is obvious now.

RIP Maggie.

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Larry Crehore    12 years ago

Thanks Perrie.

Kori
Freshman Silent
link   Kori    12 years ago

Maggie slippedthe surly bonds of earth and is finallyfree. Lucky girl! She was a smart, sassy, and wiseand will be missed. Her name is on my Fbk friends list and will stay there until ... whenever.

RIP, Maggie. Thanks for being such a blessing to us.

Unpaid Shill
Freshman Silent
link   Unpaid Shill    12 years ago

Sorry to hear of this loss to the community. I notice that there is a missyj3 on Newsvine. Would that be her?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

No Richard . Her moniker was "callie-girl" but you won't find her column . She closed it down when she left the vine . Her writing style was incredibly insightful into humanity and I , for one will miss her .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Richard,

Rich is wrong. missyj3 was her last account. But she was also Callie Girl. She had closed down that account years ago and sadly took all her material with her.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Wow ... I didn't even know about that account . Apparently she shut down her callie-girl account back in late 2010 or early 2011 and opened up that one instead . I guess I was never in her loop . She had quite a few articles under callie-girl but only 3 under the new account . The tone in the newer account is quite different ...