╌>

From Corsets to Bacon:A Breastacular History of the Bra

Category:  Other

Via:  the-irascible-harry-krishner  •  13 years ago  •  8 comments

From Corsets to Bacon:A Breastacular History of the Bra

"Considering how many different roles the bra has played throughout history, I think we need to hold a BrOscars ceremony and give it a Best Supporting Backtress Award. Adapting and evolving to suit the ever-changing views of women, their bodies, their sexual and social status, the bra has been at times friend, other times foe. It has been there to support, lift and flaunt. It has also been there to hide, constrict and restrain. Bras have been rejoiced; they've been revolted against They have even been constructed out of bacon!

"Here's a history lesson you probably weren't taught in school but surely would have signed up for if it was being offered.

(LinK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    13 years ago

The conical bra gave the support silhouette to emulate film star sweater girls like Lana Turner and Jane Russell. The sexy woman was full-figured like Marilyn Monroe. Bras began to be revolutionized by the use of nylon, making them lighter, prettier and easier to wash. But ad campaigns at the time had to show what a bra could do without actually showing a woman wearing a bra.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    13 years ago

This is actually a very interesting article.

wmolaw
Professor Silent
link   wmolaw    13 years ago

Actually, surprised that bras were invented only what, a hundred and fifty years or so ago? I would have thought they would have been around for a long, long time.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    13 years ago

Terry,

The bra was to liberate woman from thecorsets. Up till that point, woman where still being tied and bound to get not just a lifted bosom, but also a tiny waist.

wmolaw
Professor Silent

Got it, just thought it would have been earlier!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    13 years ago

No.. woman were always into torturing themselves to look good!

Now they put waterballoonsinto their boobs. Really, how much has changed?

wmolaw
Professor Silent

The funny thing is that most men aren't into such bizarre things, though some, of course are.

I have often wondered why this is so, women acting in this way.

Maybe you should research it, write an article. Seems to me it should be the other way, given that women actually bear the kids!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    9 years ago

Isn't it about time we liberate women's breasts from their confines and give them the same rights as men to go topless ?