╌>

A New Zealand Sikh put religion aside and took off his turban to help an injured child.

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  5 comments

A New Zealand Sikh put religion aside and took off his turban to help an injured child.

Sikh Removes Turban To Help Injured Boy A New Zealand Sikh put religion aside and took off his turban to help an injured child.

The New Zealand Herald reports 22-year-old Harman Singh saw a 5-year-old boy had been struck by a car outside of his home Friday. Despite religious beliefs not permitting him to remove his turban and show his hair in public, Singh didn't hesitate to take off his headdress and cushion the bleeding child's head.

"I wasn't thinking about the turban," Singh told the New Zealand Herald . "I was thinking about the accident and I just thought, 'He needs something on his head because he's bleeding.' That's my job to help. [...] I think anyone else would have done the same as me."

He notes the Sikh religion makes exceptions for taking off a turban in emergencies, but members of the Indian community, and people all over the planet, are praising Singh for his actions.

The young boy was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries to the head, but is now in stable condition.

The New Zealand Herald reports 22-year-old Harman Singh saw a 5-year-old boy had been struck by a car outside of his home Friday. Despite religious beliefs not permitting him to remove his turban and show his hair in public, Singh didn't hesitate to take off his headdress and cushion the bleeding child's head.

"I wasn't thinking about the turban," Singh told the New Zealand Herald . "I was thinking about the accident and I just thought, 'He needs something on his head because he's bleeding.' That's my job to help. [...] I think anyone else would have done the same as me."

He notes the Sikh religion makes exceptions for taking off a turban in emergencies, but members of the Indian community, and people all over the planet, are praising Singh for his actions.

The young boy was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries to the head, but is now in stable condition.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/18/sikh-man-breaks-religious-rules-removes-his-turban-to-help-an-i/21184730/?icid=maing-grid7 |main5|dl11|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D310446064?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

The young boy was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries to the head, but is now in stable condition

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Kudos to him for his act.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Definitely....I'm so glad that the 5 year old boy is now in stable condition!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    9 years ago

What difference does a little religion when a child is in danger!

Kudos to the man with a better sense of his lord than most.

Great story!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Glad you liked it! I wonder just how many others would have taken their turbans off to help save the boy's life.